Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,333 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour (53604 Views)

Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Airport Authorities Announce New Measures For Ebola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Gofwane(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2014
A new way of advertising dangote salt? D best prevention is send me #750 mtn card and i wil pray 4 u. grin

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by maintainval(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2014
O boy, I saw many calls this morning and ignored them because I always sleep late until I saw my sisters own, I got scared and picked only to be asked if I ve done. I asked "done what?" She asked "haven't I heard?"
"Heard what?" I asked. She now explained. I then told her that I will read papers to know how it works, only to check all papers and none contains it.
I Google it and found tens of it in naira land.
The inventor of this panic will be smiling somewhere about how far his/her rumour has gone. grin

We seriously needs to grow and learn to enquire before embarking or recirculating rumour.
Salt water intake is dangerous to hipertensive(people with High blood pressure) patients. Why should somebody mention salt water intake?

We are abusing our communication gadgets. People even creates panic messages against their business opponent (like the case of the acclaimed imported bottled water) and people without asking themselves how much bottled water is sold that one will have to import it.
Something that is easy to make locally.

People were asked to turn of their phones that something is falling from heaven that causes static which can kill, without asking themselves why is the network providers not the ones sending it if its troupe and that important.

It was rumored that a Chinese man was burnt by his phone because he was charging it and making calls at the same time. I check CNN etc and no news like that. So how can such happen with attracting international media.

People create funny news to see how potent it will be and others will join without doing enquiry.

Let us grow up. Knowledge is power.

ctinfonet.com

5 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by ehisdan(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2014
The fear of ebola is beginning of knowledge. This has added to my knowledge of the examples of newtons third law of motion "Action and reaction are equal and opposite". At the hearing of the rumour(action), rushing in to do it and picking a phone to call others about it(reaction).
May God help us.
We ve all heard of the coming our lord Jesus christ and the preaching of prophet mohamed. If we react to them the way we react to this rumour the world would have be a better place.
As for me salt and water is not new to me, i use it when ever am having stomarch disorder.

2 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nazcoj(m): 7:41am On Aug 08, 2014
Ignorance surely is more deadly than Ebola itself... Lack of knowledge is more infectious than the ebola... So Nigeria ebola is now different from that of other countries... So USA are too foolish enough to invest millions in research for ebola cure when salt mixed with hot water(according to my people) can serve as a preventive measures... So if it is true, there would have been no one alive in countries like Sierra leone, Liberia, Guinea, Zaire, etc
The pandemonium this news has cAused will simply result as follows:
1. Rapid increment in the price of salt.
2. The network providers i.e MTN, GLO, ETISALAT, AIRTEL and etc will declare the highest dividends come the end of the quarter.

3 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by ebonyjummy(f): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2014
youngibe: Abeg; wetin b aqeous state? Cos u nid see d kind salt i took dis mornin, almost finishd one Anapuna sachet
funny u grin

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by freshness2020: 7:43am On Aug 08, 2014
What's the source of this information ♈όϋ all are
sharing! First it was kola now na salt.
Very soon D̶̲̅ε̲̣y will say we shud mix acid with tea..
Am yet to hear from the ministry of health..
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Icudkill: 7:44am On Aug 08, 2014
mysterious12:
it doesn't cure, it prevents. put a table spoon in a bucket of water, not rubbing directly, only effective in aqeous state

lubbish!!
no be only aqueous state, na gaseous state
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by defville: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2014
I can't stop laughing. Nigerians ehn. Even the educated ones, they are spreading the rumor like wild fire. 4am? Na wa o.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by ebonyjummy(f): 7:54am On Aug 08, 2014
inositol88: EBOLARIZATION OF NIGERIANS, precaution; greet this way when u wake up today morning.

today is my birthday day oh, and instead of happy birthday, I was woken up by 2am and told to drink and bath salt solution, chai!!!! dia is God oh!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR...LLNP kiss
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by ebonyjummy(f): 7:55am On Aug 08, 2014
stardragon: Man wel go die go die, so no need....
Virus o, worm o, cat o, snake o, whatever it is, let's just do what they said we should do

2 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by nislyv: 7:56am On Aug 08, 2014
silverprince413: 80% nigerians have all taken their bath with salt before 4am
my phn woke me up by 4am to pass d message, d quantity of salt i used to bath is still paining me all over my body.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Ogaredu(m): 7:56am On Aug 08, 2014
While this might be a rumour, It really has sent the message and awareness of how really this virus is deadly. thums up to who or wherever this was originated. The speed at at which it got circulated across the country is exactly the type of awareness every Nigerian needs.

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Romanciella(f): 8:16am On Aug 08, 2014
hmmmmmmmmm i believe its true
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Lordseyad(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2014
lol,,, na Mass bathing this morning---- Salt sellers How market?

3 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by oluwashegunfunm(m): 8:24am On Aug 08, 2014
How can nacl (sodium chloride) prevent a virus.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Slitz(f): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2014
"to those bathing with salt, make sure you add maggi and pepper o" #LOBATAN grin"

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by darmhey(m): 8:38am On Aug 08, 2014
And then CNN will report how Nigerians are bathing and drinking salt water and the world will know how dumb we are

3 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by JACKOFALTRADE: 8:41am On Aug 08, 2014
Lol
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by truword: 8:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Its really funny this salt water tin. But as I speak now, ma water dey fire dey boil. What do 1 really have to loose? Drinking salt water is not bad, bathing a warm salt won't be harmful. So what the ****?
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by truword: 8:51am On Aug 08, 2014
freshness2020: What's the source of this information ♈όϋ all are
sharing! First it was kola now na salt.
Very soon D̶̲̅ε̲̣y will say we shud mix acid with tea..
Am yet to hear from the ministry of health..
As you dey wait to hear from dem, buy salt kip. Cause wen u fit hear from dem, salt fit don finish for market
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by roufy235(m): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2014
darmhey: And then CNN will report how Nigerians are bathing and drinking salt water and the world will know how dumb we are
lols
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by freshness2020: 9:09am On Aug 08, 2014
truword:
As you dey wait to hear from dem, buy salt kip. Cause wen u fit hear from dem, salt fit don finish for market
Hahahhahahaha... Broo no be lie ♈όϋ talk.
Naija no go kill person lai lai..
Very soon e go be like " show me Ūя̲̅ salt before I touch ♈όϋ "
The guy Wey spread this news them suppose give am award for the "Guinness-Rumours world record" in Les than 3 hours? Damn! The guy try gan..
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by owken(m): 9:16am On Aug 08, 2014
darqly: So someone woke my wife this morning urging her to bathe us all in salt water, and also rub salt ALL over ourselves to stave off the Ebola virus. Needless to say we have been arguing over this as she has already polished our son with table salt since the warning came from her mum angry
Why are some people just causing unnecessary panic and peddling same on social media?
Today's gonna be a loooong day.

Its gonna really be a long day, rumours spread faster than facts.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Kenzico(m): 9:19am On Aug 08, 2014
Omo eeeeh! As this ebola tin dey happen naw, e mean say man no go go skool again and even my babe I no go kiss am again :-/
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by ngita234(m): 9:24am On Aug 08, 2014
Hmm!

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by halamuh(m): 9:26am On Aug 08, 2014
ehisdan: The fear of ebola is beginning of knowledge. This has added to my knowledge of the examples of newtons third law of motion "Action and reaction are equal and opposite". At the hearing of the rumour(action), rushing in to do it and picking a phone to call others about it(reaction).
May God help us.
We ve all heard of the coming our lord Jesus christ and the preaching of prophet mohamed. If we react to them the way we react to this rumour the world would have be a better place.
As for me salt and water is not new to me, i use it when ever am having stomarch disorder.
. Nice 1.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 08, 2014
mikedanza:
Haba Nigerians!
I have got calls in the early hours of the
morning...suddenly rumours flying around for people to
take their bath with salt in the water and to drink some!
Haba!!

They premise it on worms dying by coming in contact with
salt!

EBOLA IS A VIRUS AND NOT A WORM AND DRINKING
SALT WILL NOT AND CANNOT PREVENT INFECTION!!

WASH HANDS AFTER EVERY OUTING WITH SOAP AND
WATER!! AVOID TOUCHING VERY SICK PEOPLE WITH
YOUR BARE HANDS, IF POSSIBLE USE LATEX GLOVES
FOR THE VERY SICK!!!

SPREAD BEST PRACTICES NOT FEAR!!!

pls tell them

Its amazing how most people think. How those spreading of preventive measures equates to panicking. So all the tips giving so far before this is also panicking. Many people have died because of ignorance and stubbornness cum I to Know.

Salt is a disinfectant and I can advise all my beloved ones and enemies to follow suit. Warm salty water (Table Salt) cures scabies so why can't you trust it a bit as a preventive measure.

Do not be reactive but proactive. When I heard it the first thing I did was to do some researches on the medicinal capability of salt. Why don,t you do so and free yourself of ignorance. Imagine the only thing you can think of is because it kills worms. too bad
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by islops(m): 9:41am On Aug 08, 2014
I received this from a Colleague of mine with AIT......

It is a shame that despite the recent UNESCO data on improved Nigeria's literacy level and d country's ranking in d telecomm and tech market, a greater population of Nigerians have remain brain drained with their big blackberry, androids, tablets, and even computers in their hands. Nigerians still scramble in their sleep over scare of Ebola virus, and the annoying part of all is d fact that many people till tomorrow will nt google ds Ebola virus on dia phones and tomorrow night another cycle of foolishness will repeat again. I wonder what CNN will make of ds on news today. For the record: EBOLA virus is not airborne, so you cannot inhaled it. It is only transmitted via body fluid that's why handshakes and hugs may serve as means of transmission. The funny part is that the virus cannot be transmitted to you from a non symptomatic carrier i.e someone who has been tested positive but Hav no symptoms yet. Most of west African deaths recorded were frm those who contract Ebola frm funerals of Ebola victims; dos who contact wt the dead bodies and the hospital staff who contact d virus frm handling the infected victims. To prevent Ebola just -Drink ORS or ORT wash ur hands with soap not SALT. No bush meat or surya. Disinfect ur surrounding. Fumigate if u Hv pets. DONT touch dead bodies. Educate people. Stay alive Nigeria!
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by kellyJames5(m): 9:41am On Aug 08, 2014
oluwashegunfunm: How can nacl (sodium chloride) prevent a virus.
U wan tell us say u do science for sch ba!
#abeg na joke o!
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by inositol88(m): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2014
ebonyjummy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR...LLNP kiss
tank u dear.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by oluwashegunfunm(m): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2014
Witty07:

Its amazing how most people think. How those spreading of preventive measures equates to panicking. So all the tips giving so far before this is also panicking. Many people have died because of ignorance and stubbornness cum I to Know.

Salt is a disinfectant and I can advise all my beloved ones and enemies to follow suit. Warm salty water (Table Salt) cures scabies so why can't you trust it a bit as a preventive measure.

Do not be reactive but proactive. When I heard it the first thing I did was to do some researches on the medicinal capability of salt. Why don,t you do so and free yourself of ignorance. Imagine the only thing you can think of is because it kills worms. too bad
Good u made a research on salt, oya go and make a research on what a virus is.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by ask4ebuka: 10:23am On Aug 08, 2014
omo Nigerian na wa oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Woke Up This Morning To See This On My Skin:photo Attached / Lady Who Survived Fire Burns Strips Unclad To Celebrate Recuperation (Photos) / Moving Object In My Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.