Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour (53605 Views)

Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Airport Authorities Announce New Measures For Ebola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by JbravoAdodger(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
As a Ja boy I've already invested small cash into all salt producin companies in this country lipsrsealed

As for baffin with salt, that's for the birds and u r on ur own undecided
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by emmy02(m): 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hahahahahaha.... If u see salt some pple drink this morning, close to a bag. Lol

God forbid i can never fall for such news.. My father money for school fees no fit waste.

2 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by udbyron1(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dangote dn rich over night cause of ebola
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Anti ebola

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Tripleclick(m): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
''Go to the river and fell seven times and you will be clean'' God can use one person to save a nation,,God's healin is alwas mistrious.. Weda salt or water, i dnt tink it takes anytn away from us. Prevention is beta dn cure

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by ridgeman: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
That's why you don't shout fire in a crowded theatre because it will cause a stampede and kill.

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Kx: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
One of the symptoms of Ebola, as they said is itching;

I think the person that "introduced" this therapy looked only at the itching side perhaps as the line below suggests:

"Salt in general has a variety of healing properties. It can make a useful base for toothpaste, mouthwash, bee and insect sting treatment, etc. However, there is also more to be said about salt water skin care. To give yourself a homemade facial, you can combine salt and olive oil, and proceed to apply the mixture on to the face. After washing it off, you will discover that your face feels rejuvenated and tingly. If you have dry itchy skin, salt water skin care can help you as well. After taking a shower or bath, rub some salt into freshly bathed skin. Such rubbing assists with increasing circulation and the friction from the process removes dead skin – the cause of itchiness".
http://www.nutralegacy.com/blog/general-healthcare/salt-water-and-skin-pros-and-cons/
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
The sad part is that even people with hypertension are taking the salt thing, excess intake of salt can be dangerous to hypertensive patients. Pls educate people and not make fun of them.

People do ridiculous things out of fear. E.g many people with stroke don't come to the hospital because of the rumour that "once they are given any injection, they will die".

#educate people don't laugh at them
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by genchukky(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
My problem with nigerian is that we are too gullible,we dnt like to separate facts from fiction,instead we prefer to cause panic,many of us have access to the internet,why not read about the virus and be properly informed instead of rubbish speculations,ignorance is bliss and its also a more deadly virus.....

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Maonyz(f): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
darqly: So someone woke my wife this morning urging her to bathe us all in salt water, and also rub salt ALL over ourselves to stave off the Ebola virus. Needless to say we have been arguing over this as she has already polished our son with table salt since the warning came from her mum angry
Why are some people just causing unnecessary panic and peddling same on social media?
Today's gonna be a loooong day.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. *ROTFL*. Nothing I won't see in naija. Hahahahahahahahahaha. God! Cnt stip laughing...
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Xammurai(m): 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
what's all this nonsense self
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by moneyspeaks(m): 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nigeria, what is the name of the doctor that prescribed boiled water and salt as a prevention against ebola virus, who is he that has carried out experiment on salt water as a prevention. Hmmmmmm
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by johnnyhandsom(m): 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
That piece of crapp that started this rumor should be arrested and prosecuted
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by benedictjohn(m): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
HEY EVERYBODY, I JUST HEARD THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD COVER THEIR HEADS 2NYT COS OF D EBOLA STUFF.. PLS HAS ANY1 CONFIRMED IF ITS GENUINE?
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Beesluv: 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
inositol88: EBOLARIZATION OF NIGERIANS, precaution; greet this way when u wake up today morning.

today is my birthday day oh, and instead of happy birthday, I was woken up by 2am and told to drink and bath salt solution, chai!!!! dia is God oh!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday, may your next bday never fall during an epidemic era. I can come for cake but no shaking of hands ooooo
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Simplefaithy(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
Largas:
the Nigerian government don't support intensive research by providing adequatefunds.
How can hospitals carry out researches when the university gets peanut in the name of school fees, from students.
When this peanut is increased, students talk poo. Government is never helping matters either. So, unless government is ready to fund researches across the country.

I don't think we'll move forward.
This has been our plight since Independence.
. So students fee is what universities need to fund dem selves abi? Why was d sch established by d gvt wen dey knw dey can't fund it? Moreover people are not expected to pay huge sum to acquire education.

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
Simplefaithy: . So students fee is what universities need to fund dem selves abi? Why was d sch established by d gvt wen dey knw dey can't fund it? Moreover people are not expected to pay huge sum to acquire education.
If quality education should not be expensive then I don't understand why Ivy League Universities in the US are so expensive!!!

Take it or leave it. Since students' fees are so small to carry out researches, then Government must increase the fund allocated to Our Universities.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Simplefaithy(m): 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
moneyspeaks: Nigeria, what is the name of the doctor that prescribed boiled water and salt as a prevention against ebola virus, who is he that has carried out experiment on salt water as a prevention. Hmmmmmm
. Am very sure twasnt a doctor dat prescribe it. Na one person go jus eat belleful finish con start dis yeye tyn. Immediately I heard it dis morning, I jus laugh it off say dis one na big joke.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by ceceee(f): 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
​​Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Prevention Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology. Read Below: Dear Nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention “News”, My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented. How It Started Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that Aloe vera could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it. Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it). I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it. I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it. All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum called me this morning, I did not know what to tell her. I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health. Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent. Make una no try am again oo ABEG!!! Broadcast!!....
People ,a friend just sent me this message...it should passed round..that girl should be locked up for such prank
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Simplefaithy(m): 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
Largas:
If quality education should not be expensive then I don't understand why Ivy League Universities in the US are so expensive!!!

Take it or leave it. Since students' fees are so small to carry out researches, then Government must increase the fund allocated to Our Universities.
, bros, what am saying is govt owned universities re not meant to be expensive, cox dey were built by our money nd hw can we be paying tru our nose to acquire edu. Nd we are stl saying same tyn, itz govt dat needs to increase education sector allowance. ivy league university fee can be expensive if u convert d amount to naira nd kobo nd not expensive in US $.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Largas:

I went to an Ivy League school. I didn't pay up to half the tuition because I received aid from the government. It is a private university. I also took federally subsidized loans and received scholarships from the school and private corporations. This is the typical scenario for the average student, unless you make too much money (which, obviously is RARE).

Not only do most students NOT pay the full tution out of pocket, universities in America do not get all their money from tuition. They get it from alumni, donations from businesses, and federal universities GET IT FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Hell, even private universities get tax breaks and other financial incentives from the government.

2 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by chucy: 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ebola is killed by a range of disinfectant agents including sodium hypochlorite, lipid solvents, phenolic disinfectants, peracetic acid, methyl alcohol, ether, sodium deoxycholate, 2% glutaraldehyde, 0.25% Triton X-100, β-propiolactone, 3% acetic acid (pH 2.5), formaldehyde and paraformaldehyde, and detergents such as sodium dodecyl sulphate (SDS).

Purel is one of the few WHO recommended hand sanitize that meets the above standard.

Order your Purell Medical Hand Sanitizes today! Contact Solo Care Aid on 08035810726 or 07088538551.

Each 59 mil bottle is sold at 500 naira. Hurry now as demands are really uncontrollable these days.

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by defendedvictim(m): 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
Largas:
aqueous state is a solution containing a solute and a solvent. In otherwords, aqueous is a dissolved state of a former, solid substance.

#by my own definition#
u don confuse d guy finish..u cud as well use a simpler English u knw
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Dahmeyjay: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pls let us all use d salt water ooo. Wen my sis called someone in sierra leona dis morning, d person told us dat d virus almost ruin a village in sierra leone but with d help of bitter kola and salt, dey were able to prevent d disease frm affecting d unaffected pple in d village.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by sexzskil(f): 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nigerians- dumb since 1809 undecided
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by callmebettyetta: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
yes ur are correct, Ebola is a virus that infect the immune system of a person. and the immune system is the red blood cells in d body. Ebola cannot be transmitted through air or body worms. the Bible say my people parish for lack of knowledge. God will deliver us from spirit of fears.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by callmebettyetta: 4:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
na you want to start selling ur products.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by callmebettyetta: 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
sexzskil: Nigerians- dumb since 1809 undecided
u self u bath with salt drink salt water say the truth.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by portable86(f): 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
If you received any message about salt in warm water preventing Ebola and you believed and spread that message, here are some small 'tips' for you:1. Kindly go to your university, polytechnic or college of education (even your secondary school) and return your degree certificate. Also please ensure you refund ALL the fees your parents paid for you!

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Bitter cola works very well to prevent and cure Ebola

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by marioken(m): 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
My people perish cos of lack of knowledge.U want a cure for Ebola,Jesus christ is the cure.Surrender to Jesus Christ today or else u will be a vitcim of this evil and dangerous rain that has befallen the world.

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
glitest: Bitter cola works very well to prevent and cure Ebola
How you take know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Woke Up This Morning To See This On My Skin:photo Attached / Lady Who Survived Fire Burns Strips Unclad To Celebrate Recuperation (Photos) / Moving Object In My Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.