Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. (28942 Views)

Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. / Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas / Warm Water And Salt To Help Prevent Ebola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by clemzo101(m): 6:23am On Aug 08, 2014
I taya ooo, my mum's call woke me up as early as 5:30am telling me same thing. Which kind ebola be dis sef?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Smiler11(f): 6:27am On Aug 08, 2014
See how people are trembling because of Ebola virus. We have been hearing d word of God for a long time, repent, give your life to Christ, fear God yet we harden our hearts. If we can fear God more than we do to this Ebola virus d world will be a better place to live.
Repent now and be saved.

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Ignatio(m): 6:30am On Aug 08, 2014
I heard it this morning. Where is the source? May ignorance never kill us.

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by suckermaterial: 6:32am On Aug 08, 2014
I have received calls this morning to bathe with salty warn water but is not rational, medically wrong. No research have confirmed that.
I pray that this bathing with salt in Nigeria will not result to another deadly virus that may be more harmful than Ebola.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by nairatony(m): 6:34am On Aug 08, 2014
Why are people always afraid of death
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 08, 2014
Adorayble: My pple,salt and water is nt harmful to health,why not do it if U want to do it? Its a matter of choice(but me don do my own too o)... Anyways,prevention is beta than cure! Pple forming "Odeshi" and 21st century children remember that "spiritual things are real"

My candid opinion
are u by any chance insinuating that ebola is perhaps a spiritual phenomena?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by zexzy(f): 6:37am On Aug 08, 2014
i also got a call this morning telling me to use salt to bathe , better to try it than to be sorry sha.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by PrinceMario(m): 6:38am On Aug 08, 2014
na wetin me and my mama still dey drag be dis. she just cum wake me up sey my water don ready na so i ask which kain water,she say hot water and salt.
i bin tink sey wen mama start dey do ritual again,na so i ask sey 4 wetin,she sey na 4 ebola prevention.
as i check my missed calls,i cum see lyk 28 missed call and several messages,open my data connectn, na so see several watsap msg sayin dsam tin.

i tire ooooo...na salt business go mak sense now.

#modified#: Dangote is now $1millon richer. planning to create more salt producing company.

3 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Emmysteve(m): 6:38am On Aug 08, 2014
Adorayble: My pple,salt and water is nt harmful to health,why not do it if U want to do it? Its a matter of choice(but me don do my own too o)... Anyways,prevention is beta than cure! Pple forming "Odeshi" and 21st century children remember that "spiritual things are real"

My candid opinion
LWKMD Another gullible victim recounting her salt bath ordeal.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Acidosis(m): 6:38am On Aug 08, 2014
Hmn....

Can anyone explaining this scientifically or the spiritual impact of salt?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by GentleMimi: 6:38am On Aug 08, 2014
Nigerians are one of the most gullible people i've ever come across! More religious than the white man who introduced religion and yet more corrupt!
Can't we use common sense? If u bath with salt water,then go out there and have physical contact with a symptomatic ebola carrier,does it mean the salt water will prevent u frm contracting the disease? Make we get small sense,mbok!
I was so disgusted when i got some calls dis early morning. Even my learned cousins and uncles sha!
The truth is people will end up bringing more harm upon themselves than good. If you are hypertensive,anu mi se ee oooo! You better control ur urge to swallow fake news before HBP go kee u!
The only prevention is to wash ur hands regularly WITH soap and water!!! Do not put ur hand in ur mouth without adequate washing.Ebola is not water-borne. Also take foods that boost the immune system. Shikena! In God alone we trust.
Prayers will not hurt either....

8 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Acidosis(m): 6:40am On Aug 08, 2014
zexzy: i also got a call this morning telling me to use salt to bathe , better to try it than to be sorry sha.

Ebola is not a respecter of Salt, sist.

Don't waste your cooking (table) salt.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 08, 2014
ChideraFavour: But ds rumour is not in Benin o
I pray o....see everybody in my area hustling for salt here in Upper sokponba••dem say one victim dey auchi...#Gullible Nigerians
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by jauntty: 6:42am On Aug 08, 2014
This is what Sm1 sent to me on BBM...."Ebola has been shot into d Air dis mrng every one is Ask 2 put salt into a Warm water drink it, rub it on ur body nd bath wit it dis mrn. Prevention is better dan cure. Pls share and save ur brethren..". And I ask myself. Shot into the Air by who? Hamas or Boko or NATO.

2 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by homesteady(m): 6:43am On Aug 08, 2014
This stuff is serious oh! It is really spreading
like wildfire! I wonder who formed it!
My Mother just woke my siblings and I to
perform this 'abolution'. That My father who
travelled to our village in Edo state called her
and told her and her sisters in kaduna also
called her and told her to do so!
Like seriously, this is like a whatsapp/BBM
broadcast message(BC), but this time around,
people are really doing it! I'm about to do it
sef, because if I talk now, it'll be as if I'm an
atheist!
But I just wonder how this will stop someone from getting it! Nigerians! SMH
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 08, 2014
next they'll tell us to bath with urine ...i'm not bathing with salt water until someone explains it's mechanism of action.

2 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 08, 2014
tongue
heefeholuwah: are u by any chance insinuating that ebola is perhaps a spiritual phenomena?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Ignatio(m): 6:46am On Aug 08, 2014
Got this from Google. Could it be the source of the rumour?

http://www.skyshipsovercashiers.com/articles
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by ndubisik(m): 6:48am On Aug 08, 2014
Why are people so myopic in their thinking?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by VivyGift(f): 6:48am On Aug 08, 2014
I no know how salt water take dey cure ebola undecided

But I go us am bath, I no get choice
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by sammy2352: 6:48am On Aug 08, 2014
Hello Everyone, please check the link below for answers to salt bath on ebola, Knowledge is power.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/infographic.pdf,
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by sarutobie(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2014
taking this rumor with a pinch of salt....if it was this mobile how come the whole of liberia and Sierra Leone hasnt been wiped out? and why salt instead of disinfectants??.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 08, 2014
From my little research...I have been able 2 duly establish the following...

1..Salt water bathe therapy and Ebola Virus are remotely connected
2..Ebola Virus is not air-borne hence dismissing the rumor that the virus might spread like wildfire 2day
3..If you are doing the salt-water bathe stuff...good for you...expect a muscular tension and soreness free day..cos that is of course its only viable medicinal and orthodox benefit
4..The risk of been infected is quite minimal...well except of course you sit down next to an infected pig or sumtn
5..You want to prevent the virus...why not try a much more orthodox and viable approach...#seek God's grace

2 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Valmesk(m): 6:50am On Aug 08, 2014
Dangote will tripple sales with this rumour.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by adebasket97: 6:51am On Aug 08, 2014
Salt Water khor, Maggi Water Ni.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Emmysteve(m): 6:52am On Aug 08, 2014
PrinceMario: na wetin me and my mama still dey drag be dis. she just cum wake me up sey my water don ready na so i ask which kain water,she say hot water and salt.
i bin tink sey wen mama start dey do ritual again,na so i ask sey 4 wetin,she sey na 4 ebola prevention.
as o check my missed calls,i cam see lyk 28 missed call and several messages,open my data connectn na so see several watsap msg sayin dsam tin.

i tire ooooo...na salt business go mak sense now.
LWKMD
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Emmysteve(m): 6:57am On Aug 08, 2014
jauntty: This is what Sm1 sent to me on BBM...."Ebola has been shot into d Air dis mrng every one is Ask 2 put salt into a Warm water drink it, rub it on ur body nd bath wit it dis mrn. Prevention is better dan cure. Pls share and save ur brethren..". And I ask myself. Shot into the Air by who? Hamas or Boko or NATO.
LWKMD why not bombed into the air? Can't stop laughing
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 08, 2014
Using salt and water to bath is nt a "curative" approach rather its a "preventive approach".... since it doesn't have a cure yet, U cn prevent it!
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 08, 2014
gilgal7: Rumour mongers generating rumour traffic...i suspect network operator...from 12midnight till this morning many calls have been circulating.....
Dia riz God oooooo
I can give away an investment to tap that asssss.
tongue
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 08, 2014
gilgal7: Rumour mongers generating rumour traffic...i suspect network operator...from 12midnight till this morning many calls have been circulating.....
Dia riz God oooooo
I can give away an investment to tap that asssss.
tongue

Adorayble, do explain to us how it prevents conracting ebola? Do you think ebola virus is worm?

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 08, 2014
Nna eh na to go into salt business. There's money to be made here.
#thinkingAhead
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by sumtin4sure(m): 7:04am On Aug 08, 2014
too many calls this money just to bath with water and salt hmmmmm, come see as people dey fight who to first bath grin
see Que for bathroom, even madman follow line up grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem? / 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal / Police Officer Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.