Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. (28958 Views)

Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. / Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas / Warm Water And Salt To Help Prevent Ebola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by sarutobie(m): 8:10am On Aug 08, 2014
never underestimate what fear can cause...fellas look on the brighter side, the awareness is good lol..even people in rural areas are now aware of the disease.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by amichaelz101(m): 8:13am On Aug 08, 2014
Ksslib: And i thought i was the only one.. My aunt just woke me some 3 mins ago, telling me the news and urging me to drink salt water.. Somebody told her its now transmissable by air..

As i'm typing this, she's in the bathroom bathing with enough table salt.. grin ... . Lwkmd!!
bros same tin apend tuMi oo..
Buh mine is 5am, dis one serious oo cos pool frm villa sef na hin dy control the calls nta lag
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by homesteady(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2014
Over 10 thousand views within less than 4 hours? grin
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by talk2cj08(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2014
What is wrong with nairaland mods dis week. 96 post not on front page
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Danhumprey: 8:15am On Aug 08, 2014
Phlakes: Rumour or no rumour, y nt do it, we never can tel, it might work for it since no one has known d cure, what if they ask u to do wat is worse than that nd u are very sure it is d cure, won't you do it?
Do you know your body produce salt,natural salt in the form of sweat? Have you ask yourself why hasn't that salt produced by the body prevented the death of those unfortunate victims of this rampaging virus?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by amichaelz101(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Salt go soon scarse now.

I askd My yankee frnd some stupid qstn ystday,see wh she tld me.lol

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2014
Adorayble: Lol... For dt first statement when U get to Yaba,turn left!

To Ur answer,Wen U have salt on Ur skin it serves as a barrier by preventing micro-organisms frm entering Ur skin,I neva said Ebola Virus is a worm...
what about people that sweat. Has it stopped them from contracting ebola virus?
If you think because you have bathed, you're free of contracting ebola then go touch the nearest ebola victim close to you.

Oyibo no sabi say salt dey prevent am e neva find cure since?
Why didn't CNN/BBC/Al Jazeera even report this if it were scientifically confirmed to be true?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by isholex: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2014
we seeks God protection oooo cos many pple re falling victims on dis salt water bath and drinking of a tin faaaaaa
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:23am On Aug 08, 2014
if u r here kicking against another man's Research and discovery when u don't have any thing to offer den u r a bastard
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2014
amichaelz101: Salt go soon scarse now.

I askd My yankee frnd some stupid qstn ystday,see wh she tld me.lol
how dose DAT cure Ebola
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Enoquin(f): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2014
grin Naija! Una fit believe anything sha. You do realize that you would sweat more after bathing with hot water and salt, thereby making you potentially attractive to ebola tongue
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by ebonyjummy(f): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2014
Emmysteve: I have received several calls and texts urging me to bath with salt and drink the water afterwards to prevent Ebola virus. I am not a medical personal or practianal, however i am very certain that drinking salt or bathing with it can never prevent Ebola virus. Besides there's no scientific research or orthodox evidence to proof that such method do prevent Ebola apart from the preventive measures we read on newspapers and heae on radio which includes avoiding contact with the patients, avoiding and so on. Me i no dey bath with any salt. from Kolonut to Salt nawaoh

Please stop this rumours about Ebola entering Abuja, Kaduna, Jos and other states. People should stay calm and avoid large gathering especially those in Lagos and adhere to medical tips on how to avoid the disease.
#GBAM#
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by robinsonemeka(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2014
I'm at the table drinking mine (antivirus) and would bath in a few
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by PrinceMario(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2014
Adorayble: Using salt and water to bath is nt a "curative" approach rather its a "preventive approach".... since it doesn't have a cure yet, U cn prevent it!
Please after u finish ur salt-water bathe...search for an ebola victim and sit next to him/her. make sure u have body contact wella. come back here after 7days to thank me.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by sarutobie(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2014
Enoquin: grin Naija! Una fit believe anything sha. You do realize that you would sweat more after bathing with hot water and salt, thereby making you potentially attractive to ebola tongue
their biology teachers no tell dem say salt na antibacterial agent..not antiviral..
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by nestaAK(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2014
I laugh in 3D grin
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by VantagePoint: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2014
Chai!

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by amichaelz101(m): 8:36am On Aug 08, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: how dose DAT cure Ebola
u be fool. I tel u say na bou cure?? Me wn knw aw em tk name am ebola tot she wud knw bera.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 08, 2014
No comment
Largas:
what about people that sweat. Has it stopped them from contracting ebola virus?
If you think because you have bathed, you're free of contracting ebola then go touch the nearest ebola victim close to you.

Oyibo no sabi say salt dey prevent am e neva find cure since?
Why didn't CNN/BBC/Al Jazeera even report this if it were scientifically confirmed to be true?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Enoquin(f): 8:37am On Aug 08, 2014
sarutobie:
their biology teachers no tell dem say salt na antibacterial agent..not antiviral..
shocked you think say na all teachers know say virus and bacteria different? Drinking and bathing salt water indeed!
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by 5minsmadness: 8:37am On Aug 08, 2014
[size=15pt]I hope you guys are aware that the person who started the rumour has come forward to confess?[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1848113/started-saltwater-ebola-cure-rumor#25313008
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 08, 2014
Wateva
PrinceMario: Please after u finish ur salt-water bathe...search for an ebola victim and sit next to him/her. make sure u have body contact wella. come back here after 7days to thank me.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Win95: 8:38am On Aug 08, 2014
I think the salt stuff is more of a religious thing. Most of the ppl who called me are learned and they too didn't have any scientific backup but did it all the same.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 08, 2014
Remember to add pepper and onions.

If possible, you can add maggi sef,
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Esesexxy(f): 8:42am On Aug 08, 2014
Enoquin: grin Naija! Una fit believe anything sha. You do realize that you would sweat more after bathing with hot water and salt, thereby making you potentially attractive to ebola tongue
robinsonemeka: I'm at the table drinking mine (antivirus) and would bath in a few
had Maggi n ginger oooo
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by jjfuma: 8:42am On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by 3sha4lyf: 8:43am On Aug 08, 2014
Emmysteve: I have received several calls and texts urging me to bath with salt and drink the water afterwards to prevent Ebola virus. I am not a medical personal or practianal, however i am very certain that drinking salt or bathing with it can never prevent Ebola virus. Besides there's no scientific research or orthodox evidence to proof that such method do prevent Ebola apart from the preventive measures we read on newspapers and heae on radio which includes avoiding contact with the patients, avoiding and so on. Me i no dey bath with any salt. from Kolonut to Salt nawaoh

Please stop this rumours about Ebola entering Abuja, Kaduna, Jos and other states. People should stay calm and avoid large gathering especially those in Lagos and adhere to medical tips on how to avoid the disease.

My dear, can you imagine that my people woke me up this morning, all the way from naija, telling me to bath with salt and water before 5am to prevent the widespread of Ebola, and tell others to do same. I no even reason the matter sef. In my flat, we don't use bucket so I looked for and found a housemate's bucket (God knows what they use it for- hope it's not for mopping) and had a bath, sake of say obwdiencw us bera Dan sacrifice.

Thank God I no wake my housemates to bath the salt water before 5am. Then for call police for me, that's if ambulance never for follow when salt burn their body. Na only me waka enter bathroom bath myself with salt water. Na wa for rumours across borders.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by chookudi(m): 8:43am On Aug 08, 2014
My God, can you imagine such rubbish? ROTFL...dreamt abt it? Consulted an oracle? LMAO..All these coming out of someone in the 21st century? How in the world does warm saline prevent the transmission of viral infections? What is the mechanism of action?
Its a shame really that people who are supposed to be knowledgeable (not necessarily in medical field) can think this way. How come nobody has suggested doing this to prevent or treat HIV? Spreading such heinous rumours will only increase susceptibility of people to the virus. Instead of doing the needful, they follow such unintelligent advice
And for people saying you have nothing to lose by trying it, why not try it when you have malaria or typhoid or even headache/ Afterall you have nothing to lose!!!

Adorayble: Nt @ all darling... I heard d Oba of Benin ordered every1 to do it... So,he must have dreamt abt it or consulted an oracle... See my friend wen sm1 has a vag.inal infection or has a cut during childbirth,medical personnels advice her to do sitz bath with salt dt tells U dt Salt can fight against some infections. The salt on Ur skin can serve as a barrier wen sm1 wif Ebola rubs his skin against unifected person,its a simple logic! Since d act isn't harmful why nt do it? Had it been dey asked every1 to drink bleach hell no,ah for nor drink nah! Okay,see yday dt dere ws no movement arount Ikorodu area,becos of burial rites why pple nor come out of their house? So,U see?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Esesexxy(f): 8:43am On Aug 08, 2014
Lol...... Salt ko pepper ni?? Us for don do am since! I pity una wan don do am..............lol
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by 5minsmadness: 8:44am On Aug 08, 2014
Win95: I think the salt stuff is more of a religious thing. Most of the ppl who called me are learned and they too didn't have any scientific backup but did it all the same.
That, my dear, is what is called fear
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by kheart(m): 8:45am On Aug 08, 2014
a dr just debunk d whole idea in channels, but on a serious level salt helps alot in protecting pple against infections.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by jauntty: 8:50am On Aug 08, 2014
Lol !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Welcomes Twins After Bleeding For 2month Of Pregnancy Rejected By Boyfriend / I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! / 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.