Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95428 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by corruptboss(m): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Yh, as i said, funke was part of the plan. I sent mine 7pm. Funke was determined to beat me to the joke. She sent her's earlier, we are room mates in FUTA jibowu hostel. My room mates can bear me witness.
enheeeeeen! So na u start am? Futa, jibowu hostel, funke roomate, Wait 4 us- we dey come *angry mob with salty skin protesting n heading towards FUTA*
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by henryobinna(m): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2014
Zedric: character assasination bawo? how e resemble?
did you ever read this below on her post?
telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink.....

now the news is false don't you think its painting the ministry of health black?
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Yh, as i said, funke was part of the plan. I sent mine 7pm. Funke was determined to beat me to the joke. She sent her's earlier, we are room mates in FUTA jibowu hostel. My room mates can bear me witness.

Then it means you ain't the one who started it but Funke, so let Funke come and apologize...lol cheesy
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2014
Arrant nonsense!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 11:38am On Aug 08, 2014
fabulousdame: it sounded ridiculous in d first place..if u had ur bath with salt and water today, ur father should start collecting all the fees he paid right from nursery skul to watever level u are and invest d money in a cocoyam farm. grin grin grin

naturalingredient.org/Articles/salt.htm

"I initially thought I had flea bites, and so
took a warm bath in salt water and
covered myself and fresh bedding in olbas
oil and tiger balm. However on further
investigation and research, it is almost
certain that I had scabies - after the
above treatment the relief was immediate
and dramatic. All blotches, redness and
itching disappeared totally in 24 hours, so
something clearly worked"

I think this sarcasm is unnecessary; more like SALT upon injury
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2014
This thread is trending all over Nigeria
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 08, 2014
Hmm, u risking an arrest
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by GSKing: 11:39am On Aug 08, 2014
cflex1:

you must be a gay to have said this rubbish.
idiosyncratic fool.

Idiosyncratic? You should be stoned for wrong use of an English word, even for possessing a phone or a laptop!

Today's your lucky day.

And yes, I'm gay

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by aviazuva: 11:40am On Aug 08, 2014
Instead of you to face your books, you are toying with national emergency question.

Let me tel you. You may be suprised but what yoiu have done amounts to pedling falso rumour that can be dangerous to netional life.

ENOUGH TO GET YOU ARRESTED.

However it is good you have come out to tell the truth

I suggest that you do more by going to the media. and facing the consequences.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by 9jatatafo(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2014
The salt and water therapy is a total stupidity and ignorance of the highest order. The good thing is that salt sales will move up. I wonder the level of education in this country. The other day was bitter kola now it is salt and warm water. You can do like this

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Princeadebayo1(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2014
This is serious!!! cheesycheesy

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Zanxx(f): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2014
CharlieMaria: It is too late. I even applied palm oil and maggi. grin

roflmao
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bi001(m): 11:41am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

How dare you get angry at those who insult you or express their disdain for you or your act? You think you have a right to defend yourself? You ought to shut up and drink down every comment as though it were juice. Nonsense. Such arrogance!

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by GSKing: 11:42am On Aug 08, 2014
teeowl: piss off.

Is this your almighty rebuttal to my post? Come and argue with me, cave man!

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Esesexxy(f): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2014
Adesewa u re very very stupid for playin such a big joke. How dare u? I so wish de security would get and punish u for this, imagine ooo! Puttin lives at risk...I so wish u get the virus and know how it feels to die in less than a week.. It all ova de world! My BF even bathed with it. May God forgive u! Jobless girl4. Disgrace to nija.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mescapee: 11:44am On Aug 08, 2014
Op, your apologies accepted but there is time for everything. This was really dangerous considering the situation facing us as a country and as individuals.

Rebuking the Op is welcomed but nairalanders still need to assist the Op in dispelling the rumour. Send counter messages to your peeps using the available media channels.

I must confess the Op has a bunch of gurus (friends) as first contacts when it comes to information dissemination. I call on our government (especially the health sector) to explore this approach in getting vital information on Ebola (and other issues) across to the populace. Nigerians are survivors. Either you (government) pass the needed information across or we do it our own way (including the salt issue of this morning).

Though I did not believe the rumour, I saw it as a plot from the salt manufacturers and distributors to provide an alternative source of chlorinated water (that is, chlorine in water). This (chlorinated water) has been making the rounds as an effective hand wash solution.

For those that took hot salt bath grin or drank hot salt drinks (water/tea) tongue this morning, was it effective against ebola? wink wink wink wink wink
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by peal08: 11:44am On Aug 08, 2014
pls stop joking with people's life, so u hav dis kind of idea nd u hav not discoverd cure for ebola.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 08, 2014
Jesus Saves
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bablononi(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
This is serious. The rumor is everywhere already.
I have sent out another broadcast message to apologize. The problem is people are not believing me.
u deserved to be arrested and locked up.u just threw ur nation into panic.ure not different from the man dat brought it to nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 11:45am On Aug 08, 2014
ddooskie: If you received any message about salt in warm water preventing
Ebola and you believed and spread that message, here are some
small 'tips' for you:
1. Kindly go to your university, polytechnic or
college of education and return your degree certificate
2. Also please ensure you refund ALL the fees your parents paid for you.
3. And if you've not been to any school, don't bother to waste
your time, money and resources because it won't make any
difference.

This Sarcasm is unnecessary; more like SALT upon injury. With your degree, if you have one, come up with a solution. That's what's necessary now.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Mosandie(f): 11:46am On Aug 08, 2014
Lol... cheesy ,it was a prank after all.

Actually got a different version of d prank. My younger sis called me at about 6:30am saying a friend who was told by a friend that was told by a friend.....told her that Prophet TB Joshua announced that Nigerians should bathe with salt and hot water before 7am to avoid ebola. I went back to bed.
By 6:48am i had gotten 4 calls and messages frm well-meaning friends n relatives abt d same gist....then my neighbour comes knocking asking if i could spare some salt, she didn't have enough to prepare the 'anointed bath' for her family.... Since i couldn't confirm the story, i decided to be on d safe side.

Dear op, Pls don't do this again angry . There's enough to worry about already.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by room089: 11:46am On Aug 08, 2014
I laff for corner-corner, I call am Ebola laff!

I comment my reserve because no cause for control, every thing is under alarm!

Naija my country I hail thee!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by woledouble(m): 11:46am On Aug 08, 2014
I wonder how you could have cracked and published such a wicked,evil and dangerous joke at this time, tension is high about Ebola spread. I pray God and people will forgive you sha!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bammy(m): 11:47am On Aug 08, 2014
Everyone is scared down here !!! grin
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by maxit2(m): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see

Thunder fire you.
What you have done is caused national panic and endangered the lives of many who might end up taking too much salt that can be detrimental to their health. You still have the nerves to be exchanging words.

THUNDER FIRE YOUR ENTIRE CLAN..

Just wait, i have forward your details to the appropriate authorities. One thing is sure, you will not graduate from that your school because you will be rusticated sharply and sent to JAIL you ugly bat.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 08, 2014
The only way I could have believed this rumour is if this same person(or his purported friend, Funke) had opened a 'SALT CURE EBOLA' rumour on Nairaland earlier. Anybody can open this type of thread and claim he/she is the cause of the rumour, just to get attention. But I bet it with you, no popular Nairalander would want to do it with his or her original username.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 11:48am On Aug 08, 2014
dania30: Hmmmm

This Sarcasm is unnecessary; more like SALT upon injury. Ifeducated come up with a solution. That's what's necessary now.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2014

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
ur papa who u dey form lie for

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by IdJack(m): 11:49am On Aug 08, 2014

How it started

That is the price Nigerians have to pay for not doing their personal research....

IS OKAY MORE TRAFFICE FOR SEGUN....MORE MONEY FOR HIM

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by IdJack(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2014
That is the price Nigerians have to pay for not doing their personal research....

IS OKAY MORE TRAFFICE FOR SEGUN....MORE MONEY FOR HIM

How it started

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2014
EBOLA ALERT!If you received any
message about salt in warm water
preventing Ebola and you believed
and spread that message, here are
some small 'tips' for you:1. Kindly go
to your university, polytechnic or college of
education (even your
secondary school) and return your
degree certificate2. Also please
ensure you refund ALL the fees your
parents paid for you!. because it shows that you
can do and will all manner of things just to
stay alive and despite your level of
education and exposure you are still ignorant
to be deceived like this, pathetic...haha ha
ebola virus, ebola salt business..
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see
looking for fame abi? Why not just post ur nude pics? Retar-ded stupid fellow. Go get a life or better still, go drown urself in a pond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.