Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,345 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95432 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by martolux(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
the screen shoot of d messege u sent or....I'm sure op didn't start it..she's only looking for cheap popularity dats what gave birth to this thread....#ignorance is more deadly dan Ebola...with d nos of iPhones, Android, bb users in 9ja and easy access to d Internet, we still fell for dat trash. it simply mean dat we only glanced tru d information early sent concerning Ebola disease..dongote's salt company would record d highest sale ever.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Roozzaay(m): 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

you still get liver to dey threat pipu with abuse abi You have no idea of what you have caused in my family after i refused to bath and drink hot water mixed with salt this morning, do you
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by theoctopus: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
[size=15pt]Mods, please take down this thread. This is a trash thread by an attention seeker. If this is really true, it shouldnt be a thread on NL. It should be a report to the police. What are you guys turning NL into? This is a criminal act and a criminal thread. This will backfire on NL if you people are not careful. This is ridiculous. Someone claims he started a dangerous rumour and is coming back to turn herself into a hero of sorts. This is a complete mockery of Nigerians. If you people dont take this down, we might have to report you to the authorities.

Take it down![/size]

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Donkunxex(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pls d necessary authorities sh0uld qo and arrest diz bitches... Atleast we knw their names and where they sk00l! Stupid puncked arse bitchez!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by iheanyi40(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nonsense
Dis biitch needs to b chilling in kirikiri maximum
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by adet991(f): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
Mtcheew

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Fraih(f): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=Uchboggy]@op You better stop giving out your details,you could get arrested for this, [/qu

...I stayed in dat hostel for 4 years and I know how info spread like wildfire in Jibowu...
Her details got already
@op,be ready to face d panel
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tsmall(m): 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
But wait ,am I the only one that still think this girl is lying? Something tells me she wasn't the one that started the dumb rumours,that the fool is still out there..One fool stated this rumour and another stupid and dumb people did the broadcasting.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by BANGERLEE1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
Firstly thank God u came out clean cos if it some1 else they aint gonna come out to admit thr false call--so pple don't blame the girl---Nd secondly U should Know you are stupid and in truism you don't have something worth while doing uve just caused a very bad stuff all over the nation---but I won't blame u cos its only ignorants that would fall for that trick cos any educated being won't do what u broadcasted--nd perhaps u fumble ooo Dangote will be 2x richer by weekend--get urself busy with something productive-if school don tire u then Go liberia now---nd try ur luck thr---
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by seguntijan(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
I really don’t care about anything you say about me. If u like call me a religion fanatic, zealot, extremist, chauvinist or perhaps an unbeliever, that would still not stop me from saying this BITTER-TRUTH… While the Imo state government has put ban on handshakes, Kano and Kwara state governments have made it compulsory to present death certificate before any corpse can be allowed into their states and South-West Governors are making moves to block illegal borders just to checkmate the fast spreading of the dreaded Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) … And then, the Redeem Christians Church of God (RCCG) today’s convention would still hold!!!... What a mad house (country)!
After the advised from World Health Organization (WHO) that people should try as much as possible to avoid gathering, just so the risk of EVD spreading be minimized… It is completely irresponsible of both the government and the leaders of the RCCG NOT to suspend this convention that would be attended by people from all walks of Africa and indeed the World … can’t the convention be suspended until we found a way round this EVD? What’s so sacrosanct about the convention? ... There is no upper-limit of insensitivity than this! … This is a pure ‘invitation to treat’ to EPIDEMIC and if happens (God forbid), we all would be affected… That’s just my concern…
Country like Saudi Arabia that takes safety of its people very seriously has suspended people from all West African countries from Muslim pilgrimage to its country, until the Ebola virus is checkmated…. And to all of you that bathe with Hot water mixed with salt today, you all would taste tasty in the mouth of flies and ants today… and on behalf of Dangote Salt Company, I say thanks for the patronage….

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
PenSniper:

Mister, playing pranks on your friends is nothing compared to this. This is taking jokes too far. How do you joke with a deadly virus that snuffs life out of people within a month ? A joke that misleads millions of people, gives them a false hope thus making them drop their guards against caution, is silly. Two capital cities have been totally quarantined, flights banned, victims' corpses abandoned on the streets and about 56 medical personnel who treated patients are themselves dead. THAT IS A GRAVE MATTER THAT NO SANE PERSON will and should joke with. Am rather surprised to see you issue threats to people for telling you the truth. Are you aware, with all your bravado, that you have inadvertently disclosed your contact address ? Are you aware that the government have threatened to arrest anyone who claims to have a cure for Ebola ? Your joke is capable of making our society a laughing stock in the eyes of the international community. This is an indication of how depraved, inhuman and callous our society has become by joking with what has brought tears and sorrow into thousands of families and still counting. In a sane society you would already be cooling your heels behind bars. You need to bury your head in shame.

Yeah but easy o, you maybe falling for another hoax

otemanuduno: Small time now we will start hearing the rumour that the person who started the EBOLA VIRUS RUMOUR is now infected with the EBOLA VIRUS. that one will claim that she is Funke, the best friend of Adesewa who started the rumour. Mtcheeew undecided

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Azo(m): 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Sounds ridiculous anyways. How can I bathe with salt water. Whats has that got to do with the problem at hand. anyways...
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Princeadebayo1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
First, it was SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory
Syndrome ). Many were reported dead. We are
here, unshaken.
* Then came Bird flu. Many people and animals
were reported dead. We still dey kankpe.
* They came with Lassa Fever. Many were said
to have died. Even, innocent rats were also killed
in cold blood. We are here praising God and
grooving.
* H1N1, Swine Flu or whatever they call it also
came, Spreading and killing wildly, yet the Lord
fought for us again.
* Don't forget that HIV/AIDS, the silent killer, has
gained ground and fame with its killing method all
over the world, yet it can't come close to us,
Halleluyah!
* Now they called this one Ebola Virus. They even
advised us to wash our hands or take a bath each
time we shake or hug someone (Can you imagine
200 hand washings and 15 baths a day?).
Hmmmm there is God oooo...
But the truth is we are "untouchable".
He has assured us that no evil shall befall us nor
any PLAGUE come near our dwelling. How do you
understand this, "....Even though I walk through
the Valley of the Shadow of death, I will FEAR NO
EVIL, for Thou art with me. . ." and
. . . "You shall trample upon Scorpions and
Serpents but they shall not harm You?"
With the divine assurance of Psalm 91 and the
divine immunity we enjoy in the precious blood of
Jesus, I decree that no one genuinely connected
to us shall be "Ebolarize" in the mighty name of
our Lord Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by stolenstone: 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
guy better take cover oo, DSS go soon begin trail you and find you. The apologies no be here oo! Your mischief has gone viral. Even if you break your sim card and dump the phone somewhere dem go still trace your IP address and track you!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tsmall(m): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
martolux: the screen shoot of d messege u sent or....I'm sure op didn't start it..she's only looking for cheap popularity dats what gave birth to this thread....#ignorance is more deadly dan Ebola...with d nos of iPhones, Android, bb users in 9ja and easy access to d Internet, we still fell for dat trash. it simply mean dat we only glanced tru d information early sent concerning Ebola disease..dongote's salt company would record d highest sale ever.
ONE SENSIBLE COMMENT ATLAST..I don't know why people could possibly believe anything without questioning the source..You see, one fool started this rumour then another attention seeker came out to claimed responsibility and people just refuse to ask necessary question..WTF is wrong with all of US, hmm?

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by BANGERLEE1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
theoctopus: [size=15pt]Mods, please take down this thread. This is a trash thread by an attention seeker. If this is really true, it shouldnt be a thread on NL. It should be a report to the police. What are you guys turning NL into? This is a criminal act and a criminal thread. This will backfire on NL if you people are not careful. This is ridiculous. Someone claims he started a dangerous rumour and is coming back to turn herself into a hero of sorts. This is a complete mockery of Nigerians. If you people dont take this down, we might have to report you to the authorities.

Take it down![/size]
OGA ADE Easy now shey she kill person ni?? Ha farabale jor if she no come out nko u won't be using salt nd water continuously--perhaps it shows u are an illiterate cos if u are not u won't fall for that MSG----

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by thelastPope(m): 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
BANGERLEE1: OGA ADE Easy now shey she kill person ni?? Ha farabale jor if she no come out nko u won't be using salt nd water continuously--perhaps it shows u are an illiterate cos i

f u are not u won't fall for that MSG----

Did i tell you i fell for it? Do i sound like an illiterate to you? Something is wrong with you obviously
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Swergvic(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Yh, as i said, funke was part of the plan. I sent mine 7pm. Funke was determined to beat me to the joke. She sent her's earlier, we are room mates in FUTA jibowu hostel. My room mates can bear me witness.
this might have worked for many, may be God used you to bring out a cure, damn! Let imagine it works some day and it's now the main cure of Ebola! Wat do u fink?
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by thelastPope(m): 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
theoctopus: [size=15pt]Mods, please take down this thread. This is a trash thread by an attention seeker. If this is really true, it shouldnt be a thread on NL. It should be a report to the police. What are you guys turning NL into? This is a criminal act and a criminal thread. This will backfire on NL if you people are not careful. This is ridiculous. Someone claims she started a dangerous rumour and is coming back to turn herself into a hero of sorts. This is a complete mockery of Nigerians. If you people dont take this down, we might have to report you to the authorities.

Take it down![/size]
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
BANGERLEE1: OGA ADE Easy now shey she kill person ni?? Ha farabale jor if she no come out nko u won't be using salt nd water continuously--perhaps it shows u are an illiterate cos if u are not u won't fall for that MSG----
Badt guy grin grin grin
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by illusionsbyafo(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
Even if you think its a joke and it happens to be the only cure for Ebola?Even in times of negativity,lets try and stay positive...But you saltwater solution really rocks the airwaves.lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........EBOLAPHOBIA
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
Babe u try o..buh d joke is too expensive sha
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by illusionsbyafo(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=thelastPope][/quote]

Oga Ade bendel,which criminal act is it sef?.Na only u sabi the law? tell me where e dey for inside the law sef...she say make una no vex,u dey flex ur mouth like latex condom,abeg shrink joor and behave normal
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kennygee18(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=DRealGeesam1]My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
Whether its a joke or nt I won't stop drinkin salt water
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
Valfrankie: OP, I don't care what people say to you, if indeed you originated this rumour, I say YOU ARE A GENIUS. YES, a genius for exposing the pervading ignorance and illiteracy among even the educated elites in Nigeria. Until we learn the importance in verification, we will continue to endure and enjoy the merry round in the company of a clattering chatterboxes taking our brains to lunch! Ride on young lady, am impressed!!!!!!!!!

If this is another hoax then... shocked cheesy

otemanuduno: Small time now we will start hearing the rumour that the person who started the EBOLA VIRUS RUMOUR is now infected with the EBOLA VIRUS. that one will claim that she is Funke, the best friend of Adesewa who started the rumour. Mtcheeew undecided
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Trustyd1(m): 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
one thing i like about myself is that i don't just believe whatever i hear. When got the call to bath hot water it was pass 4am and i was furious with the girl for waking me up from my sweet dreams. I told her i can't try such thing then she begged me saying, she know i don't take stuff like that but i should just try i say no. At first she only said it was a virus in the air so that make me to look away from it the more. Later people where now saying all sort of things and saying is from man of God. I don't fall for such cheap falce alarm
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Eberex(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
We haven't heard the last of this I promise you. Be sure of one thing; the government agency will make you a scape-goat. Its just unfortunate you will be the one to take the first fall cos they have been looking for crazy rumor passers like you, not to talk of how grievous it was even at this crucial times. Your days in campus dear might be numbered.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by BodyKiss(m): 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see

You seem ignorant, stvpid and arrogant. You don't seem to understand the consequences of what you did.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
amnestylaw1: Thank God you didn't ask people to bath with pepper water because even so, some will still go ahead and do it even though it sounds illogical.

what if you are falling for something as illogical as this hoax shocked cheesy

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
tomiobj:

Wow. U av sense jare. @ least u av d courage to confess. Kudos!...........dnt let fools insult you. it was a joke that just spreaded massively nd jealous peeps keep on ranting
But don't kill yourself with guilt. No1 would believe it

what if you are falling for something as illogical as this hoax shocked cheesy

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
tomiobj:

Wow. U av sense jare. @ least u av d courage to confess. Kudos!...........dnt let fools insult you. it was a joke that just spreaded massively nd jealous peeps keep on ranting
But don't kill yourself with guilt. No1 would believe it

what if you are falling for something as illogical as this hoax imagine mentioning names shocked cheesy

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
DavidKissinger: You guys are falling for this too? Isn't it obvious she's just an attention seeker? undecided

Abi

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.