Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,052 members, 7,956,933 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:55 PM

MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa (19132 Views)

Naira Drops To 251/dollar, External Reserves Now $29.7bn / N25.7bn Fraud: Court Frees Francis Atuche / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 09, 2014
LMAyedun: MTN milking Nigerians dry since 1953.

Lets wake up Nigerians and discard MTN like SA did and are still doing.. Afterall, MTN is one of the poorest network provider in this country.
nobody gum their sim inside your phone na. you can always discard it if you are not content with their service.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Mboi: 5:44am On Aug 09, 2014
kobonaire: true but Nigeria has also gained more .... think of the employment, secondary industries etc ..all that values to more than the $2.5B that they took out.. you do not nationalize your companies, the world is becoming a global village.
Dats correct. MTN has employed a lot of Nigerians dou many are contract staff. We pray dat one day they'll make dem full staff or something close to that considering the amount of profit they make because contract staff do not partake in their profit sharing things and other allowances full staff get........ To God be d glory.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by InvertedHammer: 5:53am On Aug 09, 2014
careytommy:
nobody gum their sim inside your phone na. you can always discard it if you are not content with their service.

grin grin grin
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by macjosh: 5:56am On Aug 09, 2014
iwonbaoko: You no get sense!! they just bleeped Nigeria $2.5 billion and you are here feeling cool. How many Nigerian companies are taking $2.5 billion out of SA

you don't expect SA to beat us with our population. we are almost x2 of south Africa. when Nigerian companies start to develop good business strategies, we will topple that amount
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Abiagirl777(f): 5:59am On Aug 09, 2014
LMAyedun: MTN milking Nigerians dry since 1953.

Lets wake up Nigerians and discard MTN like SA did and are still doing.. Afterall, MTN is one of the poorest network provider in this country.

is it Glo dat is better?2 mths now i've been trying to reach dem but a woman kips answering in yoruba,no language option.is evry body in Nigeria yoruba.i'm afta quality not being patriotic
Mtn is great in my area.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by princesaam(m): 6:02am On Aug 09, 2014
Ya true dat coz we uses more of Cell C network than MTN network here in SA. Cell C is more cheaper than every other network, unlike MTN and Vodacom.

1 Like

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 09, 2014
Before nko undecided

Abi una nor know say Nigeria is the dumping ground for substandard and mediocre goods and services? undecided
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Originalsly: 6:15am On Aug 09, 2014
ITbomb: Yet another reason to say that we are the biggest economy in Africa

GEJ Till 2019
Hmmmmm..... a reason to say we have the biggest clowns in Africa.

1 Like

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by kevoh(m): 6:19am On Aug 09, 2014
careytommy:
GBAM! Bless you for this correct talk!

3 Likes

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by 1stola: 6:32am On Aug 09, 2014
JUO: I pay them over 10k on data monthly
THIS NONSENSE MUST STOP,
#Teamfreebrowsing
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Itoro350(m): 6:37am On Aug 09, 2014
No be small cash
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Henrick007: 6:37am On Aug 09, 2014
iwonbaoko: You no get sense!! they just bleeped Nigeria $2.5 billion and you are here feeling cool. How many Nigerian companies are taking $2.5 billion out of SA
he no get wetin ----------A= sense, B =brain, C= iq, D= all of the above. Fill in the gap.
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by dejt4u(m): 6:41am On Aug 09, 2014
Mtn don extort my ppl die here for naija.. There is God ooo
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by ojimbo(m): 6:48am On Aug 09, 2014
NaLaugh: cheesy

Abeg, do you think i can buy MTN with 2 bags of salt?

But no, serious question- i remember in 2001-2002 you had to dial a number like 15 times before it connects. Is that still the case? grin
Abi na wetin make dem dey record profit be dat?

In the world of business, cutbacks on quality infrastructure= profit growth. Especially when you were afforded the opportunity to be an industry spearhead. We all know Econet's 0802 was dead on arrival back in the day cheesy
even been the FTC ,your comments is out of point
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by matoyeh(m): 6:50am On Aug 09, 2014
da one no concern me... Please before you go to bed 2nite, tie a palm leaf and a red clothe with 2 native chalk(male and female) round your head and waist. Afterwards, dance around any banana tree singing ebelebe ebelebe ebelebe 7times. This also prevents Ebola virus and special shout out to all the educated men and women who bath with salt this morning. We are drinking urine tomorrow and rubbing pepper in our eyes the day after tomorrow. =D =)) Ebola MUST go. funny Lol joke of the century
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by lilprinze: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2014
MTN r jx exploiting us even wit d terrible and useless service dy r offering us i dnt knw y ppl r still using dat stupid network
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by omajali2003(m): 7:02am On Aug 09, 2014
kobonaire: true but Nigeria has also gained more .... think of the employment, secondary industries that exist because of MTN's operations etc ..all that values to more than the $2.5B that they took out.. you do not blindly nationalize your companies, the world is becoming a global village and so you have to open your markets/economy to foreign investment.

Good talk. We talk as if it is not the same MTN that's putting food on some people's table. We want foreign investors to flood our country, and when these investors come and do profitable business with us ( which is mutual) we cry out that they are "robbing us". What stops us from also going to South Africa to do profitable business and bring back the money to Nigeria. Nigerians, complaining of foul play since 1914

7 Likes

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by kobonaire(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2014
omajali2003:

Good talk. We talk as if it is not the same MTN that's putting food on some people's table. We want foreign investors to flood our country, and when these investors come and do profitable business with us ( which is mutual) we cry out that they are "robbing us". What stops us from also going to South Africa to do profitable business and bring back the money to Nigeria. Nigerians, complaining of foul play since 1914
exactly...100% on point bros, it's actually just lack of understanding of economics by iwonbaoko and co

4 Likes

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 09, 2014
I use Glo angry

1 Like

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by cirmuell(m): 7:29am On Aug 09, 2014
NaLaugh: cheesy

Abeg, do you think i can buy MTN with 2 bags of salt?

But no, serious question- i remember in 2001-2002 you had to dial a number like 15 times before it connects. Is that still the case? grin
Abi na wetin make dem dey record profit be dat?

In the world of business, cutbacks on quality infrastructure= profit growth. Especially when you were afforded the opportunity to be an industry spearhead. We all know Econet's 0802 was dead on arrival back in the day cheesy
not dead, reborn.
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2014
So these there duping for naija dey pay?! Congrats to mtn! (keep stealing my cards in the guise of non-existing callertunes.
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Superstar007(m): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2014
macsika: Uhmm, you see, honestly i don't even know what to comment here. Some people are praising naija while others are dissing. Don't worry, i understand your pain because i absolutely do not know if this is a bad news or some kind of good news. Well if you're like me and don't know what to comment, i personally suggest we talk about, uhmm, i don't know, maybe FOOD? undecided Or pictures of more food. cheesy

Now thats how to make a semi-long comment grin

Bros. . U no well oh grin
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by curiouses: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2014
Yet they are are sucking us of our hard earned money. There downfall is coming sooner than expected.
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2014
grin nigerians are gud @ initiating revolution!"Let us".."Let us";na only wetin we dey hear
careytommy:
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Ahmeduana(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=LMAyedun]MTN milking Nigerians dry since 1953.

DID EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? SINCE "1953"
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by blesszzy(m): 8:03am On Aug 09, 2014
fvcking network, subscribed to bis a month buh d service keep fluntuating evry time. Sometimes i wont b able 2 broswe for hours. Ole!!! Why wont dey mk profit.
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Jaymaestro(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2014
Let's go there °^° MTN oga at the top of everything in naija . Seriously ' I've been using MTN since their inception And introduction of making information communication tech enhanced .. I can't part from them now . Even with daily extortion ' it's become sth of a cliché . Etisalat are useless here -infact they be mumu 'Global com are so dry - I don't even consider em worthy .Airtel worse past all of em combined _ network is always fluctuating endless spam messages . MTN Forever !
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by dorox(m): 8:25am On Aug 09, 2014
If mtn was a monopoly in Nigeria, then those of you complaining that mtn is unduely exploiting Nigerians would have a valid argument. But clearly that is not the case, we have our own home grown glo and numerous other telcos providing a viable alternative to mtn, yet majority of Nigerians chose mtn.
The fact that most of us chose to use mtn when ther are other viable alternatives, means that mtn has something of value that they rightly charge nigerians for.

5 Likes

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by macsika: 8:25am On Aug 09, 2014
Superstar007:

Bros. . U no well oh grin
i know, right.
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by newacca: 8:27am On Aug 09, 2014
Na hin be say dem maga plenty for Naija. grin
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by pesty100(m): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2014
Healthy profit after they have wrongly charge many Nigeria, you guys are making other people's sweat and calling it profit. People(including me) don't get money's worth service God punish you and your stupid profit, I pray your company(MTN) burns
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Lamasta(m): 8:41am On Aug 09, 2014
It's high time I become an investor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mr Biggs Franchise / Ogbete Market: Enugu Government Unhappy With Breach In NCDC Guidelines / FOREX: FG Orders CBN To Abolish Parallel Market - Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.