Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa (19044 Views)

Naira Drops To 251/dollar, External Reserves Now $29.7bn / N25.7bn Fraud: Court Frees Francis Atuche / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by str8talk1: 4:35am On Aug 10, 2014
kobonaire: true but Nigeria has also gained more .... think of the employment, secondary industries that exist because of MTN's operations etc ..all that values to much more than the $2.5B that they took out.. you do not blindly nationalize your companies, the world is becoming a global village and so you have to open your markets/economy to foreign investment.

Go & say dat 2 d marines. Don't even dare to say dat 2 d Chinese govt. who r currently involved in neo-colonization of most African countries(Nigeria inclusive). So,because Nitel was mismanaged we should sell it? Now,our govt. datz bereft of ideas & innovation wants 2 sell our refineries.
SMH!
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by kobonaire(m): 4:44am On Aug 10, 2014
str8talk1: Go & say dat 2 d marines. Don't even dare to say dat 2 d Chinese govt. who r currently involved in neo-colonization of most African countries(Nigeria inclusive). So,because Nitel was mismanaged we should sell it? Now,our govt. datz bereft of ideas & innovation wants 2 sell our refineries.
SMH!
Who brought up NITEL? We are talking about mobile communications here .. abeg, it's too early in the morning for you Oga .. go and sleep some more sir.
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 10, 2014
@kobonaire, you are not getting iwonbaoko's point.

The other time, Dimitry Medvedev was presented with an iphone by Steve Jobs and the guy (medvedev) suggested that iphone be distributed to all civil servants and his cabinet members! That suggestion caused an outrage in the whole of Russia at that time. I am not going to explain further. If you have been following political and economic development in the whole of Africa in recent time and you know a little bit these kind of issues, then you should be able to appreciate his point.
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by bobojoshua(m): 10:42am On Aug 10, 2014
NaLaugh: Dear MTN,

It has come to my attention that you have recorded healthy profits in the Nigerian market.
That is tremendous. However, i am writing to notify you of a premium plot of land which i've just acquired, and
is situated in a choice location. This plot of land would be perfect to erect your masts and towers for
effective network dissemination to the community.

Features:
-Located very high above sea level for uninterrupted radio wave travel.

Plot Location: Nairaland FTC zone.
Size: 800 * 800 pixels.
Price: Negotiable.

Thank you. smiley
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Sagamite(m): 1:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
kobonaire: SA cannot just f'k with Naija on any level ..... respect #TeamNigeria cool

Typical Nigerian, product of a failed education system, cretinous person!

This person is jubilating that the dominant economy in Africa (SA) has a professional company making a killing in Nigeria as an example of Nigeria's superiority and being better than SA?

He has no clue or comprehension of the drivers of this outcome, but he came up with his cretinous "FACTS"!

Cretinous person!

Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by kobonaire(m): 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
Sagamite:

This person is jubilating that the dominant economy in Africa (SA) has a professional company making a killing in Nigeria as an example of Nigeria's superiority and being better than SA?

He has no clue or comprehension of the drivers of this outcome, but he came up with his cretinous "FACTS"!

Cretinous person!
Yikes, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today ...
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by kobonaire(m): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
craziebone: @kobonaire, you are not getting iwonbaoko's point.

The other time, Dimitry Medvedev was presented with an iphone by Steve Jobs and the guy (medvedev) suggested that iphone be distributed to all civil servants and his cabinet members! That suggestion caused an outrage in the whole of Russia at that time. I am not going to explain further. If you have been following political and economic development in the whole of Africa in recent time and you know a little bit these kind of issues, then you should be able to appreciate his point.
Kindly explain further .... thank you.
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by kinharold(m): 10:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
Well, all of unai just dey yawn but before I comment again let me first thank Baba God, oga Seun and the entire Nairaland family for putting me on the Frontpage, as in, like seriously making FP for the first time since 2006. Now that's worth celebrating.

Party things coming soon, with my share of the Billions from MenTyheN. To pick ur ticket to the party Text: FP things to 090814.
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by kizzle4eva(m): 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
All dat money didn't just go to MTN alone o.
The touts they settle at the base stations to avoid vandalism, the legislators that receive free credit n phones, the NCC guys that are settled, the nigerians running things as middle-men btw dem n d host communities, the musicians, content providers and record labels that have dier songs on callertunes, the kidnappers, the scammers n runs girls collecting recharge cards, the customs men they gas settle so that highly needed parts can be cleared on time etc...
All of them join inside that money and they are all Nigerians
Re: MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Sagamite:

Dangote Inaugurates Mega Cement Warehouse In Owerri / Bank CEOs Visit Yemi Osinbajo / Must I Join An Association Before Operating My Business?