Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,532 members, 7,954,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

"Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys (3956 Views)

All Ladies Looking For Guys To Friendzone, Should Be Handled This Way. Pics: / How Can I Friendzone This Girl / When Your Position Is Worse Than Friendzone (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by mencade5(m): 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
Jregz:
she a girl,next Time you say she-diot grin grin
tanx, i don change am.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by whizqueen(f): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
Danhumprey: Have you carried out the correction?undecided

For God's sake,do away with shorthand. Hian!

Yes have been trying to correct it. But am aving little problem with submitting it. I didnt know writting in shorthand is a big sin on nairaland. Please beae with me till i correct it. Thank you.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by whizqueen(f): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
Danhumprey: Have you carried out the correction?undecided

For God's sake,do away with shorthand. Hian!

Yes have been trying to correct it. But am aving little problem with submitting it. I didnt know writting in shorthand is a big sin on nairaland. Please bear with me till i correct it. Thank you.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Liability(m): 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
Jregz:
achievement or Wtf ? y'all be Holding a nigga down like "you have him great" and collecting cash from him,Smh for all of y'all.......
I hate this whole shit,tell him straight you aren't interested in his lunch,dinner,movie offer.or whatsoever so he backs the Bleep off.... Well,it isn't y'all fault.

broke ass bitches
he's pained. Too bad.

Well u can still take me to a dinner. You sound nice, with a good heart. You are like a brother to me.

I wish to have a guy like you.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Danhumprey: 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
whizqueen:

Yes have been trying to correct it. But am aving little problem with submitting it. I didnt know writting in shorthand is a big sin on nairaland. Please bear with me till i correct it. Thank you.
Lol@the bolded.gringringrin

It's not like it's a 'sin' per say. But I think it's against Rule 21.

Beside,it's just not polite typing in shorthand on a public forum like this.

You might use it in private mediums like Whatsapp,2go,SMS,Facebook inbox,etc.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
Liability: he's pained. Too bad.

Well u can still take me to a dinner. You sound nice, with a good heart. You are like a brother to me.

I wish to have a guy like you.

Yeah,you know what,I'm pained cos of the "unknown homies" that get affected.....

BTW I don't Bleep around with broke bitches,so onto the next one ......
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Danhumprey: 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
mencade5: you must be very stuupid for saying this. SHe-diot.
gringringringrin
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by kristylopezz: 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
truelly Op, you have a nice topic in mind but your inability to arrange your idea/topic/essay/story properly and also your consistent use of abbreviation is putting a lot of people off. I can't read all that!

N.B: please if you are a student desist from shorthand. I repeat desist! desist!!
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by whizqueen(f): 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
Danhumprey: Lol@the bolded.gringringrin

It's not like it's a 'sin' per say. But I think it's against Rule 21.

Beside,it's just not polite typing in shorthand on a public forum like this.

You might use it in private mediums like Whatsapp,2go,SMS,Facebook inbox,etc.

Okies i get the message. Thanks a bunch, i realy appreciate it.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by segxes23(m): 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
...and if u cry foul they'll say you're immature. I reject to be friendzoned or brotherzoned,mentorzoned sef. Nice one Beebee. Proud of U

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Ezibless: 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
kristylopezz: truelly Op, you have a nice topic in mind but your inability to arrange your idea/topic/essay/story properly and also your consistent use of abbreviation is putting a lot of people off. I can't read all that!

N.B: please if you are a student desist from shorthand. I repeat desist! desist!!
And if she aint a student,she shouldn't abi? Lol.
One should just know how to address formal things as formal....more appropriate
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by kristylopezz: 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ezibless: And if she aint a student,she shouldn't abi? Lol.
One should just know how to address formal things as formal....more appropriate

I purposely used 'student' because I have seen the adverse effect of short form of words on this group. Infact it affects them most. I'm more concerned about this group.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Ezibless: 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
kristylopezz:

I purposely used 'student' because I have seen the adverse effect of short form of words on this group. Infact it affects them most. I'm more concerned about this group.
I wasn't condemning the student advice. So we are on same footing sir
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by kristylopezz: 10:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ezibless:
I wasn't condemning the student advice. So we are on same footing sir

Madam...If you feel like others need to be adviced. Go ahead and do that and don't mandate me to speak your mind.

undecided Na d area wey dey pain me I just talk so. undecided
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Ezibless: 11:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
kristylopezz:

Madam...If you feel like others need to be adviced. Go ahead and do that and don't mandate me to speak your mind.

undecided Na d area wey dey pain me I just talk so. undecided

#smh. It's not my fault that you didn't get me from the scractch... Understand before quoting. U getting me totally wrong
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by kristylopezz: 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ezibless:

#smh. It's not my fault that you didn't get me from the scractch... Understand before quoting. U getting me totally wrong

Good night!
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Fynist(m): 11:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
The moment ''FriendZoning'' creeps in is when, you do her a favor, and she keeps asking you to do it all over again. Cos she believes it's your duty. Lol.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Ezibless: 11:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
kristylopezz:

Good night!

lolzzzzz
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by EejaNla01(m): 11:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
op you didn't describe friend zone,om mpa did

my question is when you aren't ready to date a guy why still want him close,gist with you often,say you sweet things,buy you gifts as though he is your lover while you don't reciprocate?

Isn't that selfishness?you see why we dread the zone.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by edelweiss(f): 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lucky is a man who a lady friendzoned.seriously from my own personally experience my friendzoned male friend enjoy more than an actual boyfriend. I can loan money and give gift without being term a MAGA. You are in a relationship and you meet a nice guy why cant you simply be friends? As far as you made it clear from the onset. Girls will always be approached and I personally enjoy male friends. I have alot of friendzoned friends but its not a parasitic friendship. So op its not really a bad thing to be friendzoned.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by whizqueen(f): 12:26am On Aug 10, 2014
EejaNla01: op you didn't describe friend zone,om mpa did

my question is when you aren't ready to date a guy why still want him close,gist with you often,say you sweet things,buy you gifts as though he is your lover while you don't reciprocate?

Isn't that selfishness?you see why we dread the zone.

I get your point but provided she isn't aware that guy had interest in her and thats d guy's fault of not making his real intentions known to the lady. Can't a platonic form of frndship exist between a male and female? If it can, then there is every possiblity that the benefit in one outweighs the other.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 10, 2014
Djicemob: U have a mentality of a dependent lady,tell me y guys won't want to take advantage of ya'll? U claim classy but want someone to buy u stuffs.SMH for your irony.grin
SMH for ur poor man mentality! Aka-gum....abeg shift make breeze blow me!
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 10, 2014
Y'all here cryin abt friend-zoning....cant boys and girls be friends witout strings attached? Before u enter any friendship.....define the boundaries! Shikena!......next topic pls!

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by lanre80(m): 1:16am On Aug 10, 2014
MsPat: SMH for ur poor man mentality! Aka-gum....abeg shift make breeze blow me!

Summary of what Mspat is saying: For her legs to open, you will pay... Not just pay but good money.

Woman, I'm sorry for you because you are suffering from oloshoish otherwise known as prostitution. .. capish. Just remember.. life is brief

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 10, 2014
lanre80:

Summary of what Mspat is saying: For her legs to open, you will pay... Not just pay but good money.

Woman, I'm sorry for you because you are suffering from oloshoish otherwise known as prostitution. .. capish. Just remember.. life is brief
Mr Lanre80..i do not appreciate insults from anyone. I was tryin to make a point and that is, guys shud not always expect benefits for being nice.

So take ur retarded mentality elswhere...PERV!!! angry
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by popobaba(m): 4:41am On Aug 10, 2014
lanre80:

grin grin grin grin grin

walahi I wan buy u beer...
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Eden007(m): 5:23am On Aug 10, 2014
Girls, you can make your brothers or male cousins just friends! Talk to them and be close to them.
If you can't get romantically involved with a nigga, let him be! I have a case were a girl kept me in such a situation. Well, I was really not interested in going down with her because she was my neighbour. This lady kept coming to me for favours, financially and otherwise. The one that killed it all was when she asked me for money to pay her school fees. She claimed to have made use of the one her parents gave her. She said she's running out of time to pay the fees. The amount was 40k(then I was still in university) non-refundable. I was like, why on earth should I just give this girl 40k?(even if I had that much).
I now told her, I admired her a lot that we should be romantically involved then I'll 'scratch her back' in my on way. This girl took this very bitterly. She called me names, she said 'you are not a good friend'. 'Why can't you just help and forget about getting into my panties?' Well, I expected her response to an extent. It was my own way of getting out of the friendzone(a make or burst approach).
Most girls do this shi*t! If you don't want a nigga, don't get any favour from him! Yes! reject every gift!!!
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by harffie(m): 5:45am On Aug 10, 2014
whizqueen:

Now listen, FRIENDZONE is when a guy likes a girl initially and with the impression of making a girl a girlfriend. Girl turns guy down but wants to keep him close even WITHOUT benefits. The guy stupidly agrees to be a friend just because he hopes one day her feelings would evolve from friendship to a romantic one

The period in which he plays this role with hopes of being more than a friend is what we refer to as FRIENDZONE

Capish??[/color]

Ok i get u. But what if the lady is not ready for such relations and she has made that clearly known to you. Then why the cry thereafter of been friendzoned? If she accepts to be with him without loving him back thats anoda issue again...
If you could just answer this question; can you be just friends with someone you are madly in love with?
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 10, 2014
popobaba:

grin grin grin grin grin

Birds of d same feather
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by lanre80(m): 7:43am On Aug 10, 2014
MsPat: Mr Lanre80..i do not appreciate insults from anyone. I was tryin to make a point and that is, guys shud not always expect benefits for being nice.
So take ur retarded mentality elswhere...PERV!!!

Lol @ perv. . Ma'am I was just pointing what you are insinuating. Maybe or maybe not you are like this, I don't know. From biblical saying by their words we shall know them.
And stop shying from topic of discussion 'Friend zoning'. If and if a guy wants something from a lady.. You women always know. If such a woman continue to receive favors from the guy and give nothing. That is where the problem lies.

You see, I can help or be nice to a lady with no strings attached. provided I see the need and it is within my pocket, no hitch. And same thing goes if it is a guy.

However, I don't easily get trapped in the friend zone when I was still in the game because I know my onion. How the girl wan do am.

angry
popobaba:
grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks bro.. She may or may not necessarily be what her message is depicting. But I just simply pointed out the obvious from her statements.

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by whizqueen(f): 8:26am On Aug 10, 2014
harffie:
If you could just answer this question; can you be just friends with someone you are madly in love with?

Why can't i? Provided i can see for myself that the dude isn't ready to take it to the next level, and i cant force him or pressurize him. Then just friends wuld do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Way To Stop Men & Women From Cheating Revealed ( Photos ) / I Love Him Because He Cooks Well / Minor Shiit!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.