Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's (120137 Views)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by axeman10(m): 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
deeobserver209: Those commercials reminds me of the local drama : Nosa. cool

"Behind the clouds"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Tucees(f): 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Enahi: grin Funny advert.
Yes it is! The kid actually sneaked into his parents bedroom to take something and was shocked to find his dad on the bed shaking lolz.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Korrection(m): 10:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
sweet memories..what of green sands..we used to call it green sand sandi...nasco wafers where the teacher took it from the students to eat......
dont8: Wow, Tandi?

What a memory.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
CFCfan:
"I bata obodo oma"
mehn na ' oma' i heard and it was our school teach song for a year. grin grin grin grin

the Late Sunny Okosun, shina Peters etc.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Korrection(m): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
damn...my first sandals at emmanuel college owerri...sweeeet memories....
dabossman:

Choi, shoe of life!
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
akmaldini: nt really,lemme try...
Dis is d land so reach n culture dis is d land all reach nd nation,dis is d land so blessed .......,
Dis is land with great of sunshine dis is d land all full of races dis d land so bless dat make is .......
u old pass me o chai grin grin grin grin kikikikik
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hermesprogidy(m): 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
the CocaCola adverts of the 80s were the bomb. Mexico 86 advert, the christmas advert of little children singing (i'm the future of the world, I'm the hope of my nation...) I also remember the Gold Lager Beer New year advert ( a prosperous New Year from Gold) and the trebor peppermint advert, Klim milk, Walls Ice Cream.. And oh! I had a huge crush on the Pronto advert babe.. Lol 80s was such fun.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by axeman10(m): 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
Coast milk advert *singing* We are the Coast milk people...we like it...Coast Milk...

Also remember Andrew checking out

"Hey men, I'm checking out, I'm tired of no water, no light, no telephone, no good roads and no good services."

Gone were those days (Ibon Ni awon ojo naa)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Korrection(m): 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
now these are the real elder nairalanders...small kids here don hide...hahahahahahahahahahahahaha mods take note....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
Who remembers the BENSON AND HEDGES ADVERT- WHERE LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY'S High was used as theme song?

The radio programs also- straight from the heart..

Gillett advert-

one keep close, two team work we win...( one guy was sprinting 100metres and he won cos he shaved with gillett) grin grin grin

candlelight on AIT- eniola baker(Liz benson: she fiiinnnnnne den, i swore to meet her for real)

Tony Akiotu was always reading sportsnews then on AIT, then the theme song of NTA- twas so local and smelt conc to mee!!

Which one again o.......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hermesprogidy(m): 10:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
me I like my country, I like the land and people, everything e dey for nigeria, make we join hand to make nigeria better. Lol........... We are all MAMSA people we have the basic things of life, food, power supply, water and education. Nigeria let us be mobilized, we are all nigeria...........
Wow and we thought things were hard then.. Lol...........

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Mehn
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hermesprogidy(m): 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
axeman10: Coast milk advert *singing* We are the Coast milk people...we like it...Coast Milk...

Also remember Andrew checking out

"Hey men, I'm checking out, I'm tired of no water, no light, no telephone, no good roads and no good services."

Gone were those days (Ibon Ni awon ojo naa)
Andrew checking out just cracks me up. Right after then Veno launched her 'nigeria go survive' song. RIP to Enebeli Elebuwa aka andrew
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
daveP: Who remembers the BENSON AND HEDGES ADVERT- WHERE LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY'S High was used as theme song?

The radio programs also- straight from the heart..

Gillett advert-

one keep close, two team work we win...( one guy was sprinting 100metres and he won cos he shaved with gillett) grin grin grin

candlelight on AIT- eniola baker(Liz benson: she fiiinnnnnne den, i swore to meet her for real)

Tony Akiotu was always reading sportsnews then on AIT, then the theme song of NTA- twas so local and smelt conc to mee!!

Which one again o.......
it was st.Moritz advert dear wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by deeobserver209(m): 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
axeman10:

"Behind the clouds"
Exactly. Very interesting smiley
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hermesprogidy(m): 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Tucees: guilty or not guilty? Guilty your honour! But it was only for one day! Try not to upset any baby... Pears I so much loved that ad smiley
Lol.. Do you remember the Cussons Imperial Leather advert? those were well thought out adverts..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hermesprogidy(m): 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
Parle soda is so refreshing
Parle treats me so well
Parle soda is my kind of drink

*Interlude with trumpets*

pararam! grin
*advert ends in guy with baritone voice singing * Parle Soda the doubly bubbly drink..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Anyone remember the Gulder ad that used the Bob Marley "One love" soundtrack?
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hermesprogidy(m): 10:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
As we went to the dinning to eat
Papa said to mama "this food is tasty"
Mama smiled and she started to sing
lalalalala oh it's so nice
on Family Menu we learn a lot
lalalalala oh it's sooo niiiice! On Family menu we learn a lot smiley
tht program always made me hungry. Family menu.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prof800(m): 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
Parle treats me so well

*Interlude with trumpets*

pararam! grin
Wow!
you try ooo.!
Thank you for this lyrics... I don almost forget am.

**humming away**
Parle soda paranranra.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hermesprogidy(m): 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:

And preceding that advert....three orange men were seen wandering across Lagos....and would not speak to any one....were featured on Newsline back then!

(Personally,I thought they were aliens cool)
yeah I remember frank olize of newsline cracking us up then with the news. The nigeria is 25 anniversary advert seems like yesterday. person don dey old o.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hermesprogidy(m): 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:

And preceding that advert....three orange men were seen wandering across Lagos....and would not speak to any one....were featured on Newsline back then!

(Personally,I thought they were aliens cool)
yeah, I remember Frank Olize cracking people up on Newsline with the news. The Nigeria is 25 anniversary advert seems like yesterday.. Mehnn... Person don dey old oh.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by semitunde: 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
Lucozade! Replaces lost energy!!

------------

Anyone remembers the Thermocool advert that always signified the end of all soap operas then. PZ was rulling TV then, closely followed by Lever Brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 10:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
hermesprogidy: the CocaCola adverts of the 80s were the bomb. Mexico 86 advert, the christmas advert of little children singing (i'm the future of the world, I'm the hope of my nation...) I also remember the Gold Lager Beer New year advert ( a prosperous New Year from Gold) and the trebor peppermint advert, Klim milk, Walls Ice Cream.. And oh! I had a huge crush on the Pronto advert babe.. Lol 80s was such fun.

*....Walls ice cream is good for you, Walls ice cream the blah of ice cream.....*

Dunno whether the bold is "king" or "dream"

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by olajide8(m): 10:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
Enjoy the brighter life star - star -star - star Star open the bottle pour out the fun-
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by akmaldini(m): 11:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
Who remember dis beer santizenbra ....I knw am not correct wit d spellin..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by akmaldini(m): 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Who remember dis programme morning ride and one on one...
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by semitunde: 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
jemby: I wish our children would have something to remember, cos it's just killings and diseases all around. Back in the days we memorized these adverts and enjoyed singing along.indeed there was a country called Nigeria

Now all they sing is "bam ba la la, bam ba la la!" Lol.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by semitunde: 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Green sand shandy...wonder why they stopped making it.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by sebali: 11:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
assana: Chei no bori rememhber old limca ad cry

I remember it....with d indian lik song
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
xynerise: SUPER FORCE WILL BE RIGHT BACK!!

Ken Olandi! "This is the year 2020 and the world has changed" cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / Post Your links to Movies, Trailers & Series here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.