Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's - TV/Movies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's (119881 Views)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
Parle soda is so refreshing
Parle treats me so well
Parle soda is so refreshing
Parle soda is my kind of drink

*Interlude with trumpets*

Parle soda is my kind of drink
pararam! grin

*Parle Soda is dubbly bubbly* for the 1st cancelled

*Parle Soda the dubbly bubbly drink* for the 2nd cancelled (this is sung by a deep male voice)

Otherwise you got the rest.

smiley
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
dont8: I was going through a thread by Prophetone https://www.nairaland.com/1848166/rare-photos-young-nigeria-more and I felt nostalgia seeing those pictures and it reminds me of those good old days of commercial adverts on our TV stations.

Some were hilarious and funny while some other ones were educative in presentation.

So, I bring to you some of the old school commercial adverts of 80s and early 90s, enjoy and share any of your collections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPXAqzCqFMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6WyYyufuI

* OMO:

Omo Super blue Omo
Washes brighter and it shows!

Another one of Omo advert; the clean girl and the not so clean girl.

Girl 1: " How come your clothe is always cleaner than mine?"
Girl 2: " Cos my mom washes them"
Girl 1; " But my mom washes mine too"
Girl 2; " Well my mom uses super blue Omo"
Mom: " That's true.

* Elephant Detergent:

Chief Zebrudaya as always murdered this advert, nice

* Bagco Super Pack:

Workers:We want super sack, bagco super sack.
Worker1:Oga make u dey buy us cement wey dey inside bagco super sack.
Oga: an han, no be that bag una dey use before wey dey leak cement for una body?
Worker 1:Bagco super sack na different bag
Worker 2:E get double layer,na waterproof,Water no fit tosh nothing inside am
Worker1: E come strong kakaraka no dey burst dey leak cement for we head
Workers: yaaaaaaaaaay
Worker 2:Bagco super sack also dey reusable.U fit sell am for market women them
Oga:So for big house like this i go fit make plenty thousand Naira.?
Workers: Yessssss.
Oga: Me sef like better thing.Na bagco super sack i go dey buy from.
Workers: yaay ooooooooooooo we don win oh, we don win, bagco super sack, we don win

Hmmmmmmm!!!

The days of Behind the Clouds

And endless choping of cain for not doing my school homework.

Oh those glorious days!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by sebali: 11:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
daveP:

peak , look at its Peak, always there for you thatsss Peak, thaaaats Peak ( then d canoe will stop and insert itself on d sachet @ d end of d advert) grin grin

i use to sing along....JACK PEAK, JACK PEAK.

because of my error i believed d name was Jack peak.
u wont beliv i was very old b4 i realize dere was neva a JACK PEAK bt jus PEAK

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 11:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
No one mentioned:

This is Telematch.
xynerise: SUPER FORCE WILL BE RIGHT BACK!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Welcome Africa,
welcome to Nigeria 99
Welcome to the land where milk and honey flow....

I batago n'obodo oma, ebe mmiri oma diii
I batago n'obodo oma, ebe ihunanyi dii

Yoruba line....

Hausa line....

Welcome Africa,
welcome to Nigeria 99
Welcome to the land where milk and honey flow....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 11:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
And now here are some scenes of the next episode of.....................

Who can tell?
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by semitunde: 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
uzoexcel: who remembers this..it wasnt actually 'naija' but it was always advertised then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5OBmtsVt4

This still ranks Cocacola's best advert yet. Was used mostly during yuletide seasons. They had other beautiful ones but this was the best.

Sadly, they were wrong about the future...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by practicalclass: 11:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
B without BB is like a train without an engine, no B without BB (BLUEBAND MARGARINE)

To me,
To you,
Its up to us to make the world a better place
x2
A place where we can live
Where we can love,
Its up to us to make the world a better place
(Never saw the relationship between the lyrics of that song and eating Indomie)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by luwee(m): 11:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
Please can anybody remember nescao advert; the lyrics goes like dis: get up get up its nescao time, from am to pm nescao time, nescao is nutricious hmmm delicious, with cocoa and with cereal, milk nd sugar, any time its nescao time get up get up ..

Good old days

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by coretechng1(m): 11:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
Thanks man.You made me laugh this night.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by princemike2005(m): 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
I rememba dat old mtn advert with dat urhobo woman dancing abi d child gave birth to a boy...rily luved daht one.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by semitunde: 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
uzoexcel: best advert ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5OBmtsVt4

They didn't build a better world, they just built better bombs. And my goodness they love to troll!!!!

They should have been stopped smack right in the middle of that song! angry cry
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by hermesprogidy(m): 11:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
jnrbayano:

*....Walls ice cream is good for you, Walls ice cream the blah of ice cream.....*

Dunno whether the bold is "king" or "dream"
Lol.. It's ''dream''
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
hermesprogidy: Lol.. It's ''dream''

smiley
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 12:00am On Aug 12, 2014
iamord: oh! Don't tell me u guy have forgotten about the nigeria 99 theme song

Welcome to Nigeria 99
Welcome to Africa
Welcome to the land where milk and
honey flows!!

The toyota ad that goes like “Yoi shina, yoi kangae” bedford trucks, gino, GP tank, michelline, robocop and bago super sack avert.. Not forgetting the merry christmas adverts . Secret of the sands.. I sure loved tv those days than to what we have on our local tvs.. Children of this generation just won't understand
Plus...
The Rich Also Cry
The Young & The Restless
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 12:03am On Aug 12, 2014
*spread spread new Blueband on bread.......*
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by practicalclass: 12:03am On Aug 12, 2014
Mama na boy!
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by shegsrules(m): 12:08am On Aug 12, 2014
Really can't remember much but the advert of MAGGI MAGGI wey dem d do old skool dance, with planta advert, action detergent advert, Omo advert so so smell for fish n body, blood go splash e go smell for my body, limca advert n d sunday competition of who sabii use straw drink am fast,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 12:17am On Aug 12, 2014
dont8: No one mentioned:

This is Telematch.

Yeah... Telematch every sunday by 1pm to 3pm on NTA.... Remember Frank Spenser?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by semitunde: 12:19am On Aug 12, 2014
Lbotusme: First Bank 100th anniversary

* first banki oo, una welldone o
First banki o una do well o
Bank wey for 100 yrs dey supposrt our economy o
For sport, Arts and culture nko
First banki o, una do well o.

SDP and NRC gingles
SDP(m.k.o Abiola)
Singing:Small water we dey drink na so so dirty dey full am,
Small money we dey get na so so transport dey chop am
Haba! No food, no light
Na wetin we go do?
Mko, kingibe , sdp Action!
Abiola, abiola Abiola Abiola progress!
Mkoooo, is our man o
Sdp is our choice

Andrew no check out
Nigeria go survive...
Nigeria go survive, my people go survive
Africa go survive o
Nigeria go survive.

Nigeria's 25th year indepence

Nigeria is 25, help my friends to show abi grow( I small den so , I can't remember the lyrics.

* I like am
I like am o. Me I like my country, I like d land and people, everytin e dey for nigeria, make we join hands to make nigeria better.

Nigeria at 25 is still the best celebrated independence anniversary yet. It may still be for a long time.

*Nigeria is 25, we all in peace survive
Arise salute the nation, come join the celebration,
The people united will never fall, as the sun shine and the rain falls...*

We just knew that people were happy then, didn't really understand the importance of the celebrations or why the took it that seriously. Nigeria was a party then, at least compared to now.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 12:20am On Aug 12, 2014
Ohh I hardly forget those good old days cartoons...
Super third
Voltron
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 12:28am On Aug 12, 2014
Do you guys still remember this funy song that fixtured sm men dressed in funy costumz wt big buttocks... And also reflecting sm military march pass nd a man displaying a skillful throw of his stick...
Singing: iye jankiliwa...iye moni no dey
Kile kile kile jankiliwa
Kile kile kile eh eh kile kile jankiliwa
(...lolz)
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 12:35am On Aug 12, 2014
Wat about this Maggi advert which captured a scene involving a father, mother nd four children sitting at the dining table. Heres the chorus...
Lalala lalala lalalalala
Lalala lalalalala
Lalalalala lalalala lalalala lalala
Lalalalala lalalala lalalalala lalalalala...

Lols... can recall the lyrics again
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 12:36am On Aug 12, 2014
Do u remember this ad song?
A1 A1 A1...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by sylve11: 12:38am On Aug 12, 2014
xynerise:
Na wetin make them soft na. grin

Lol, dem soft like rotten pawpaw. grin grin good to see those old adverts again. U remember dis Geepee tank own, Ayepee ayepee, ayepee gangan. grin grin cool
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by festacdude(m): 1:24am On Aug 12, 2014
My favorite all day. Thermocool advert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxVaJNdvgJI

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by XKZ(m): 1:57am On Aug 12, 2014
Kentnickole: Wat about this Maggi advert which captured a scene involving a father, mother nd four children sitting at the dining table. Heres the chorus...
Lalala lalala lalalalala
Lalala lalalalala
Lalalalala lalalala lalalala lalala
Lalalalala lalalala lalalalala lalalalala...

Lols... can recall the lyrics again

My papa and mama they love each other
As we sit at the table to eat
Papa says to mama
"this food is tasty"
Mama smiles and then she starts to sing
I know you like it
'cause It's so nice
From family menu we learn a lot...

I might have murdered it a little
They used it for the programme 'Maggi Family Menu'
I wonder where the lady (the hostess/cook) is now

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 2:08am On Aug 12, 2014
XKZ:

My papa and mama they love each other
As we sit at the table to eat
Papa says to mama
"this food is tasty"
Mama smiles and then she starts to sing
I know you like it
'cause It's so nice
From family menu we learn a lot...

I might have murdered it a little
They used it for the programme 'Maggi Family Menu'
I wonder where the lady (the hostess/cook) is now
Correct man

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by aghaibiam(f): 2:18am On Aug 12, 2014
No one remembered TREETOP drink.I must really be old.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise: 2:54am On Aug 12, 2014
dont8: No one mentioned:

This is Telematch.

Mr. Spencer cool
Rentaghost

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by baruchlady(f): 2:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Kentnickole:
Yeah... Telematch every sunday by 1pm to 3pm on NTA.... Remember Frank Spenser?

yea.....that germangame show abi? where they play games and competitions on water and whenever they wanna start a new game the refree says "eyes, nose ,mouth"(thats what my childish ears heard sha) and then a whistle goes off grin

now to the Nigeria99 lyrics.........lemme dish out d english n hausa own (i remember cramming it in school then)

This is a land so rich in culture
This is a land hosting all nations
This is a land so rich.......where milk and honey flows

this is land with rain and sunshine
this is a land where football reigns
This is a land so rich.......where milk and honey flows

though our tribes maybe different
but in football, we are oneeee
we are joined together in peace and unity
we are bound strong together
we are one

chorus(english)
welcome to africa
welcome to nigeria '99
welcome to the land where milk and honey flows

igbo........

yoruba...........

hausa.......
barka ku dazuwa ku samumai abinchi
ka samai abu garigajiya
muna muku barka dazuwa kuhuta lafia

.............abeg pardon my hausa typos oh, i write am as e dey my head wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by DjHypno(m): 3:01am On Aug 12, 2014
timsbee: gud old days....

Children is break fast time!!!
The children starts workin down d stairs singin........
Breakfast time is blah blah blah, everyone yells!!! PRONTO.
It is PLANTA. How about Joy girl and the NESCAO advert that comes on when we are watching tales by moonlight. So good old days.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / Post Your links to Movies, Trailers & Series here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.