Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa (862 Views)

As A Nigerian Man, Can You Do This?? / Lady Whose Husband Can't Sleep Unless He Sucks Pvssy Urgently Needs Your Advice / Is There A Way A MAN Can RESIST This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by JosephCudjoe(m): 8:06am On Aug 10, 2014
As a man can you marry a lady whose income is more than yours? Then as a lady can you marry a man with lower income?

1 Like

Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by justi4jesu(f): 8:07am On Aug 10, 2014
*thinking*

1 Like

Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Mynd44: 8:14am On Aug 10, 2014
Yes!

1 Like

Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by saaedlee: 8:18am On Aug 10, 2014
Definitely, I Can

1 Like

Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Gflat: 8:24am On Aug 10, 2014
Marry a woman whose income is more than mine

Lol...believe me,very soon you'll start hearing words from the woman like "i take care of this house and the weight of most of our responsibilities is on me"

1 Like

Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Bisjosh(f): 8:26am On Aug 10, 2014
Gflat: Marry a woman whose income is more than mine

Lol...believe me,very soon you'll start hearing words from the woman like "i take care of this house and the weight of most of our responsibilities is on me"

Don't men say that too?
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by redcliff: 8:29am On Aug 10, 2014
Bisjosh:

Don't men say that too?

Thats my they are the men of the house.. get it?
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by chiberr93(m): 8:31am On Aug 10, 2014
Y not
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by saaedlee: 8:31am On Aug 10, 2014
Bisjosh:

Don't men say that too?

Sure,it means you can tell your hubby that too cheesy
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Gflat: 8:34am On Aug 10, 2014
Bisjosh:

Don't men say that too?

It sounds better coming from a man cuz its your responsibility to care for the "needs" his wife is suppose to be the "helping hand" or rather "back-up plan" instead of the "bread winner"
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 10, 2014
hmmmmm it depends sha, i tink wat am earning can feed a famly confortably so she can keep hers for hersef.

1 Like

Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by sweettease(f): 8:41am On Aug 10, 2014
It depends on what I'm earning
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Sixix: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2014
Gflat:

It sounds better coming from a man cuz its your responsibility to care for the "needs" his wife is suppose to be the "helping hand" or rather "back-up plan" instead of the "bread winner"

Maybe

However you and I know that that the crux of this matter is that you have nothing else to offer in the family setting other than money cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2014
JosephCudjoe: As a man can you marry a lady whose income is more than yours? Then as a lady can you marry a man with lower income?

My fiancee's father is Godwin Emefiele

while I'm just a peasant Rig manager @ NNPC and owns just about 22 filling stations and 6 fuel trucks

we are still living fyn, our wedding is actually Oct
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2014
sweettease: It depends on what I'm earning

undecided undecided
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by sweettease(f): 11:33am On Aug 10, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

undecided undecided
What?
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 10, 2014
Dnt marry a greedy woman, weda she earns more than u or not. I tested one recently n she failed woefully. She normally visits n I do giv her tfare both to n fro n some pocket money, last salah holiday, she wanted to come over, and I agreed but told her to come wit her money dat I am nt too bouyant at d moment (pure lie) she canceled the trip instantly cos of wat I said. And she works n earn reasonably. #guys becareful b4 u settle down wit d wrong woman, weda she earns more or lesser than u.
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
Of course,i can marry a guy dat earns lower dan wat i earn..
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Dygeasy(m): 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
As much as it depends on how much she earns, primarily it depends on if we can comfortably live within my own means.
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Ivanspring(f): 1:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
It is possible.
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by VivyGift(f): 1:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
Of course
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by MizMyColi(f): 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2014

See, Let's face it.

A man with insecurity issues would not be able to live with such woman.
I'd not advise a lady to flaunt her wealth before a man she intends settling down with. It's a quick and sure way to help the ugly monster of insecurity and/or feeling un-needed rear its ugly head in a man.

That said.
After I learnt that we have the ability to create our own experience of life, of course in cooperation with our maker, it has never been an eventuality I've allowed my heart to consider in recent times,

So, No, for his own sake, I won't marry someone who earns less than I do.
Even if I do, then its because I've seen that He won't last long in that boat.

Besides.........if I earn say 250K monthly and He earns 100 or 120K, that, to me, is not my definition of a man who earns less than I do.
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
Dygeasy: As much as it depends on how much she earns, primarily it depends on if we can comfortably live within my own means.
Exactly, bottomline is to be comfortable.
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

See, Let's face it.

A man with insecurity issues would not be able to live with such woman.
I'd not advise a lady to flaunt her wealth before a man she intends settling down with. It's a quick and sure way to help the ugly monster of insecurity and/or feeling un-needed rear its ugly head in a man.

That said.
After I learnt that we have the ability to create our own experience of life, of course in cooperation with our maker, it has never been an eventuality I've allowed my heart to consider in recent times,

So, No, for his own sake, I won't marry someone who earns less than I do.
Even if I do, then its because I've seen that He won't last long in that boat.

Besides.........if I earn say 250K monthly and He earns 100 or 120K, that, to me, is not my definition of a man who earns less than I do.
i concur

its depends on what i earn ..,,and also what hubby earns,if his salary can take on the family needs on a normal ground thats fine .,.......although i always pray to marry someone better than me undecided smiley

1 Like

Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by MizMyColi(f): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bootybuttchic: i concur

its depends on what i earn ..,,and also what hubby earns,if his salary can take on the family needs on a normal ground thats fine .,.......although i always pray to marry someone better than me undecided smiley
Kponkwem grin
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Bootybuttchic(f): 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
MizMyColi: Kponkwem grin
grin ....i actually dony understand that wink
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by MizMyColi(f): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bootybuttchic: grin ....i actually don't understand that wink
cheesy it means Full Stop in Ibo
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
MizMyColi: cheesy it means Full Stop in Ibo
Re: As A Man Can You Marry A Lady Whose Income Is More Than Yours Nd Vice Versa by dre11(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
Why not

Its all depends on the maturity of the lady and how we trash this issue of finance at home

i would tell her i would cater for the family as mah income can take and i won't go borrowing just to support her bougus life style she expect just because her income is big.......
And if she wants to support....... its her choice and i won't force her because i won't go beyond mah boundary
but, i would encourage her to have a saving culture because i will have that........ Since we are both building a HOME and not a house
so, the future of the children have to come first before other things

(1) (Reply)

Signs To Know If Your Man Is Cheating On You / What Should I Do? / The Kiss That Made Three Tanzanians Traffic Police Lost Their Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.