Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,033 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. (9824 Views)

Jonathan’s Incompetence Affecting Nigeria –balarabe Musa / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' / Boko Haram Threatens To Kill US Ambassador McCulley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by eaglechild: 6:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
Obiagelli:
if the government had been serious with sensitisation, anyone with any symptoms whatsoever would have been quarantined at the airport.
Btw are you saying the airport officer or the federal government took sawyer to that hospital?

You are joking right?

Is the FG some imaginary GHOST that floats around waiting to do things, or do they have human beings working for the FG?
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
EkoIle1:

He was ready for ebola outbreak back April, but he's setting up committee and talking about unhealthy practices in August after ebola outbreak in Nigeria..

Was the FG letting Sawyer into Nigeria with ebola unhealthy practices by Nigerians?

What kind of incompetent reetards do we have looking after 170 million people?
there i was complaining about the previous statement, this one is even more stupid. Who is going to call out this sick minister who after telling us lies was busy with impeachment crisis in Nasarawa.
Nigerians are very un serious people.

1 Like

Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

You are joking right?

Is the FG some imaginary GHOST that floats around waiting to do things, or do they have human beings working for the FG?
at least you agree with me on the level of incompetence of the federal government lead by a certain Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by eaglechild: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
Obiagelli:
at least you agree with me on the level of incompetence of the federal government lead by a certain Goodluck.

Lol!

You seem incapable of comprehending sarcasm.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

Lol!

You seem incapable of comprehending sarcasm.
call it what you like.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by EkoIle1: 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

Even before the WHO sounded the alarm bells just after the Sawyer incident.
All flights form Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone were cancelled.

All passengers coming from high risk zones are checked for constitutional symptoms and further tested if need be.

All level one contacts have been traced and quarantined.

We are talking about our own FG and their lies and deceit when it comes to protecting Nigerians..

Back in April, the FG said measures were in place to protect Nigerians and that the FG was ready for Ebola.

So please tell us specifically what measures he was talking about.

Other contacts are under surveillance.

Thanks to the Lagos state government and the healthcare workers/first responders..

$11M dollars has been released by the FG to combat the illness.

$200M by the world bank of which Nigeria will benefit.

Sorry, this didn't prevent 2 deaths and multiple infections. It's still yet to produce one single isolation tent or unit..meaning we are still in danger so this is very irrelevant..

[s]Isolation centres have been set up by the FG[/s] by the LASG.

Please stop doing attache. Tell us where the FG isolation centers are located in all the 36 states, tell us about the qualified manpower and tools available at our airports and borders to screen possible carriers. tell us how many tents they've procured and set up for eventualities...

1 Like

Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:
Gosh!

Do you think you just wake up and shut borders?

If that was the case then all outbound flights from Nigeria would have been cancelled by the rest of the world.

Do you now think the rest of the world is incompetent too for not shutting us out?

The WHO continually updates travel guidelines and recommendations in scenarios like this.
Up until Sawyer's case the WHO made no such recommendations for flight cancellations or border closures because the disease was fairly contained. British airways and other European and international carriers were still flying in and out of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone.
Arik was about the first to stop flights followed by BA and Asky etc and all these were after the Sawyer incident took place.

Your last 6 words are exactly what my point is. These measures were taken AFTER the fact. Why did Nigeria have to wait for ebola to get into Nigeria before doing anything?

Your comments reflect the mediocrity that Nigerians have accepted for too long. This mediocrity has cost, and will cost some Nigerians their lives.

The WHO should not have to think for Nigeria. If you have a neighbour with the Ebola virus, would you fling open the doors to your home, waiting for the WHO to advise you to protect yourself? I hope not...

1 Like

Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by eaglechild: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
EkoIle1:

We are talking about our own FG and their lies and deceit when it comes to protecting Nigerians..

Back in April, the FG said measures were in place to protect Nigerians and that the FG was ready for Ebola.

That's to the Lagos state government and the healthcare workers/first responders..

Sorry, this didn't prevent 2 deaths and multiple infections. It's still yet to produce one single isolation tent or unit..meaning we are still in danger so this is very irrelevant..

Please stop doing attache. Tell us where the FG isolation centers are located in all the 36 states, tell us about the qualified manpower and tools available at our airports and borders to screen possible carriers. tell us how many tents they've procured and set up for eventualities...

Lol!

First of all Sawyer was not first treated by that LASG that you worship.

He was taken to first consultant Ikoyi a private outfit, which I must say acted professionally by treating the patient with a high index of suspicion and insisted on getting the patient tested.
They also acted professionally by notifying the government of a reportable disease knowing fully well that that will lead to the shut down of the facility.

There are tiers of government and naturally the clinic will notify the state ministry of health which happens to be Lagos, who will now go ahead and notify the Federal ministry of health.

LASG that you worship did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
Rather it would have been gross incompetence on their part if they had kept mute.

The quarantine facilities are being manned by the LASG, FG, WHO, CDC whether you come here and type rubbish and post pictures of your god Fashola it does not change the facts on ground.

1 Like

Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by EkoIle1: 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

Lol!

He was taken to first consultant Ikoyi a private outfit, which I must say acted professionally by treating the patient with a high index of suspicion and insisted on getting the patient tested.
They also acted professionally by notifying the government of a reportable disease knowing fully well that that will lead to the shut down of the facility.

There are tiers of government and naturally the clinic will notify the state ministry of health which happens to be Lagos, who will now go ahead and notify the Federal ministry of health.

LASG that you worship did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
Rather it would have been gross incompetence on their part if they had kept mute.

The quarantine facilities are being manned by the LASG, FG, WHO, CDC whether you come here and type rubbish and post pictures of your god Fashola it does not change the facts on ground.

Tell us how many isolation tents and centers they've procured and erected before and after the outbreak in Nigeria.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by eaglechild: 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

Your last 6 words are exactly what my point is. These measures were taken AFTER the fact. Why did Nigeria have to wait for ebola to get into Nigeria before doing anything?

Your comments reflect the mediocrity that Nigerians have accepted for too long. This mediocrity has cost, and will cost some Nigerians their lives.

[s]The WHO should not have to think for Nigeria. If you have a neighbour with the Ebola virus, would you fling open the doors to your home, waiting for the WHO to advise you to protect yourself? I hope not...[/s]

WHO is the highest authority in health issues in the world.
Especially public health issues like this, they ensure international best practices.

Why do you think other countries did not stop flights from Liberia?
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

Lol!

lol, you sound like you have given up on your beloved FG, of course Lasg can't be the first to treat sawyer because they don't run the damn airport. Gej's incompetence allowed sawyer get as far as ikoyi.

1 Like

Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by eaglechild: 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
EkoIle1:

Given that you have fed us here with so much misinformation.

I cannot even draw the line between facts and fiction coming from you.

In any case go back and read my previous posts.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Btw dss officers that should be helping to track down further contacts with sawyer are still in Oshogbo.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by eaglechild: 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Obiagelli:
lol, you sound like you have given up on your beloved FG, of course Lasg can't be the first to treat sawyer because they don't run the damn airport. Gej's incompetent allowed sawyer get as far as ikoyi.
You have exhibited that you have challenges with comprehension.

It will be difficult to help you understand.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Ngwakwe: 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
arewarepublic:

Please tell Ngwakwe to take a day off. He needs it after PDP's loss today.

Please concentrate on the discussion and leave Ngwakwe out of your PDP vs APC squabbles.

None of my comments have ever supported PDP and moreover I wasn't force to register for APC in my domain.

The only thing you can accuse me should be my desire to see Presidential Power retained by a Southerner come May 29, 2015 - of which has no bearing on my moderation style.

I don't drink poison as in expressing an opinion out of frustration believing it will get even with my opponents, far from it, I engage in relevant political debates and analyses and not in political gossips.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by EkoIle1: 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:
Given that you have fed us here with so much misinformation.

I cannot even draw the line between facts and fiction coming from you.

In any case go back and read my previous posts.

Your posts are worthless and irrelevant since they have nothing to do with the topic

The topic = The FG government lied back in April they Nigeria was ready for Ebola.

It's either you agree that the FG lied or disagree with valid points about what they did in and before April till this very second to protect Nigerians.

You are free to exit thread if you have nothing better to contribute apart from trolling with irrelevant rants..
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by naptu2: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:
Gosh!

Do you think you just wake up and shut borders?

If that was the case then all outbound flights from Nigeria would have been cancelled by the rest of the world.

Do you now think the rest of the world is incompetent too for not shutting us out?

The WHO continually updates travel guidelines and recommendations in scenarios like this.
Up until Sawyer's case the WHO made no such recommendations for flight cancellations or border closures because the disease was fairly contained. British airways and other European and international carriers were still flying in and out of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone.
Arik was about the first to stop flights followed by BA and Asky etc and all these were after the Sawyer incident took place.

Gosh! Do you mean that the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria needs to wait for the WHO or Arik Air to tell it to ban flights from certain countries? shocked

Gosh! I've never heard such nonsense in my life!

I guess the WHO would have punished us for shutting our borders (as they did when Obasanjoshut the border wwith Benin or as they've punished Guinea for shutting its borders).
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by EkoIle1: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

The WHO should not have to think for Nigeria. If you have a neighbour with the Ebola virus, would you fling open the doors to your home, waiting for the WHO to advise you to protect yourself? I hope not...

This is how people fight against their own interests and safety. I don't even get the shallow, ignorant, and irrelevant stupidity he's peddling...

1 Like

Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:
You have exhibited that you have challenges with comprehension.

It will be difficult to help you understand.

answer the question below and stop forming i am more intelligent, your post here seem contrary to what you want us to believe. I know how hard it can be.

EkoIle1:

Your posts are worthless and irrelevant since they have nothing to do with the topic

The topic = The FG government lied back in April they Nigeria was ready for Ebola.

It's either you agree that the FG lied or disagree with valid points about what they did in and before April till this very second to protect Nigerians.

You are free to exit thread if you have nothing better to contribute apart from trolling with irrelevant rants..
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by EkoIle1: 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
naptu2:

Gosh! Do you mean that the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria needs to wait for the WHO or Arik Air to tell it to ban flights from certain countries? shocked

What can I say. I just hope and pray these are not the so called leaders of tomorrow because that tomorrow looks so sad and gloomy with that kind of insane and reetarded nonsense...

We are talking about FG incompetence and he's compounding it with his own mental incompetence..
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
naptu2:

lol, he is the intellectual here.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by eaglechild: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
EkoIle1:

Lol!

Looks like you are losing it.

You started the thread to malign the FG and praise your paymaster Fashola, you have NO intention to provide facts that will help the general public in the fight against Ebola.

Unfortunately you do not even have the details and your propaganda is collapsing on you.

There is no need for tempers to flair.
You will not be paid for this job, you did not do well.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
At last they did blame GEJ for ebola. APC always blaming even the unblameable
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:
Lol!

Looks like you are losing it.

You started the thread to malign the FG and praise your paymaster Fashola, you have NO intention to provide facts that will help the general public in the fight against Ebola.

Unfortunately you do not even have the details and your propaganda is collapsing on you.

There is no need for tempers to flair.
You will not be paid for this job, you did not do well.
grin grin grin grin grin
now i am totally lost, EkoIle1 are you still on the same page with this brother.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by eaglechild: 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
naptu2:

I guess the WHO would have punished us for shutting our borders (as they did when Obasanjoshut the border wwith Benin or as they've punished Guinea for shutting its borders).

undecided
They actually did that after WHO declared an international emergency.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by eaglechild: 7:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
gboss4sure: At last they did blame GEJ for ebola. APC always blaming even the unblameable
grin grin grin grin
Lol!
Do you mind the ill informed goons.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by naptu2: 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

undecided
They actually did that after WHO declared an international emergency.

shocked

Does the Nigerian government (or any government) need to wait for WHO directive before shutting its borders?

Will WHO cane them if they do not wait for a WHO directive?
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Gboliwe: 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
Obiagelli:
jmaine is actually quite reasonable, i see him on the APC side soon along with gboliwe and Biafraqueen.
This has got to be a joke. Let me laugh grin grin grin grin I don't know what jmaine or biafraqueen said or did but if you see them as reasonable, that's because that's what their belief is. We don't follow foolishly. We give room for rational reasoning. Unlike a whole lot of the APC followers here on nairaland who behave exactly like the suicide bombers of BH. Follow sheepishly.
For as long as the extremist and blood spilling Buhari is in APC, as long as the compulsive head and noise making emir of twitter El Rufai is in APC, I will never be associated with the party. Not in this dispensation, not in another.

3 Likes

Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by eaglechild: 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
naptu2:

shocked

Does the Nigerian government (or any government) need to wait for WHO directive before shutting its borders?

Are we not going round in circles? undecided
eaglechild:
Especially public health issues like this, they ensure international best practices.
eaglechild:
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
gboss4sure: At last they did blame GEJ for ebola. APC always blaming even the unblameable
the opposition is actually going soft by concentrating all efforts at curbing ebola. It is left to the citizens to call out the lying minister.
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

The WHO is not a substitute for common sense. Governments exist for a reason. Intelligent presidents are elected (in sane countries) for a reason.

Stopping flights is not the only protective measure. Testing passengers as they arrive in the country is another measure (which some countries are now doing). Up till Sawyer, Nigeria did NOTHING. Why?
Re: Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. by naptu2: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

Are we not going round in circles? undecided

No we are not You are simply trying to run away from your position.

Does a sovereign government need to wait for WHO directives before shutting itd borders?

Will the WHO cane them for shutting their border?

It's a simple enough question. Yes or no?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) / Kano Government Donates 29 Vehicles To Security Team (Photos) / Tinubu Secures $600 Million Deal For Nigerian Ports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.