Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund (23173 Views)

GEJ Would Have Looted Nigeria Out Of World Map - OBJ / Buhari Leaves Nigeria For New Delhi, India (pics) / Sule Lamido Leaves Nigeria, Hands Over To SSG Leaving N2billion Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Dreyl(m): 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
Thank u obama,nigeria is a fraud!

2 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by ooshinibos: 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
davitogreat:

Your just typing nonsense. My comment had nothing to do with feelings. Or licking ass.

It's all about facts. If the Americans see it fit to share defense funds with Uganda, ghana and Rwanda. ( countries with very questionable corrupt/shady governments and institutions)

Uganda- very corrupt. Government has history of abuse. Also history of using child soldiers.
Ghana- very corrupt and is a poster boy on how NOT to run your economy
Rwanda- though Rwanda has made great improvements economically Kagames government has also been very oppressive towards opposition and anyone who speaks ill of his government. Has played a role in assassinating journalists and opposition members in Rwanda and even outside the country.
Plus lets not forget rwanda and uganda have been caught assisting rebels who are destabilizing the congo.

So with all that What makes it right to skip Nigeria? Jonathan with all his faults is not as bad as the leaders of these countries.

nigeria is one of the worlds leading peace keeping nations and a country that does and has done a lot for Africa. So it's logical to work closely with such a country if one is looking to further peace in Africa.

Think for a second.what is 110 million dollars ? ..Nigerian can afford this money on a daily basis , everybody knows this except you davitogreat ( have seen jonathan budget on food alone ) whats wrong with davita!!!!!! , whats wrongs with you !!!!1 , whATS wrong with you !!!!
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by jking001(m): 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
If they can't send funds because of corruption what about sending military hardwares?don't be deceived ever asked yourself why it took them so long to confront isis imniraq?

myads890: I believe the American and EU governments have finally realised that any fund is sent Nigeria is looted by polithieves and never used for its main purpose. And probably also that Nigeria is capable of funding itself but the funds are always looted by corrupt and incompetent "leaders".

Nigeria shouldn't lament. We deserve everything that's coming to us

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by OLAplusONE(m): 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
When we have our $20billion starked somewhere, and Obama is including us in his peanuts. Nigeria we hail thee !!!
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by amnestylaw1(m): 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
“Dear Government... I'm going to have a serious talk with you if I ever find anyone to talk to.”
― Stieg Larsson, The Girl Who Played with Fire

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
IF it were so only ABACHA can even sponsor WORLD PEACE KEEPING.....
He just returned about 845m dollars.
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Olusanya333(m): 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
So? What am i suppose to do?
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by experimentist: 11:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
The story is very long. Kudos to me thou, I read past half..

Obama no trust somebody here.. I smell ogogoro cry
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
smackimorn: I think it's because of the Gay shiit
Dem dn dey sanction us with style

Lubbish!
na only you talk wetin I like for this thread. Your head correct I swear!!

4 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
davitogreat:

Your just typing nonsense. My comment had nothing to do with feelings. Or licking ass.

It's all about facts. If the Americans see it fit to share defense funds with Uganda, ghana and Rwanda. ( countries with very questionable corrupt/shady governments and institutions)

Uganda- very corrupt. Government has history of abuse. Also history of using child soldiers.
Rwanda- though Rwanda has made great improvements economically Kagames government has also been very oppressive towards opposition and anyone who speaks ill of his government. Has played a role in assassinating journalists and opposition members in Rwanda and even outside the country.
Plus lets not forget rwanda and uganda have been caught assisting rebels who are destabilizing the congo.

So with all that What makes it right to skip Nigeria? Jonathan with all his faults is not as bad as the leaders of these countries.

nigeria is one of the worlds leading peace keeping nations and a country that does and has done a lot for Africa. So it's logical to work closely with such a country if one is looking to further peace in Africa.

Nigeria's GDP is more than all
Nigeria politicians got private jets
Nigeria is richer than all
Nigeria is bigger and stronger than all
Nigeria has reached the stage of giving out foreign aids
Nigeria has reached the stage of being Africa super power
Nigeria with all its wealth should be a center of attraction
Nigeria with all its resources can do whatever the us does

Nigeria shouldn't be given any foreign assistance, rather foreign countries should assist in taking down all our politicians, even though its life sentence for them, who am i to disagree?

7 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by texazzpete(m): 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
davitogreat: Right... So giving the funds to ghana, Rwanda and Uganda is so much better. Funny seeing the stupid comments in the thread.
I swear Nigerians can sometimes be some of the most stupid people you can ever come across. They think by by speaking ill of nigeria in every situation they are enlightened and forward thinking when Infact it's the opposite.

Are you not tired of sending your own troops to die all the time?
You think it's cool that anytime the AU or ECOWAS wants to intervene in any crisis, Nigerian troops make up the bulk of the cannon fodder and hence the casualties?

This serves multiple purposes. First, it reduces the burden on Nigeria if other countries can be better equipped to step up to the plate. Secondly, the US is constrained from supporting Armies that have such poor human rights record like ours.

Of course, one might argue that that calls into question their policy of supporting the Israeli Army...

2 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by stanisbaratheon: 11:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
davitogreat: Right... So giving the funds to ghana, Rwanda and Uganda is so much better. Funny seeing the stupid comments in the thread.
I swear Nigerians can sometimes be some of the most stupid people you can ever come across. They think by by speaking ill of nigeria in every situation they are enlightened and forward thinking when Infact it's the opposite.

my friend calm down
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by fliexie(m): 11:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
Yeah you are right! Nigerians think so silly atimes as they lack the understanding of getting the fact that the American Govt are only trying to impose or rather enforce Nigerian Govt to legalise GAY as a means of enjoying their support... U can imagine giving support to the Uganda Govt that had recently legalised that RUBBISH.
May God deliver us!

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Richy4(m): 11:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
Assuming we got good government and good management, this would have been like an insult to Nigerian Government and it's citizens.
what is/ would have been $110m to them? it would have been like a case of US giving Saudi Arabia $110

Anyways it will be cool one day. when there will be no war and no need for the money for peace keeping. when I will be proud to go to my grave and tell my ancestors that has gone before me that it is well with Nigerians out here on the planet earth. sad
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by chubbyman(m): 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
The truth is bitter, believe it or not we don't deserve it

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by igbsam(m): 11:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
Good thing Mr. Obama. Please do not send any money to Nigeria, it will end up in the pockets of these thieves we have as leaders. We have enough money to take care of our own needs and please, our president is planning on borrowing a $1billion loan, please ensure they don't approve it. All they need the money for is 2015 campaigns. Keep falling their hands as u've just done. Thank you!

Useless Nigerian Govt.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by fliexie(m): 11:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
Yeah you are right! Nigerians think so silly atimes as they lack the understanding of getting the fact that the American Govt are only trying to impose or rather enforce Nigerian Govt to legalise GAY as a means of enjoying their support... U can imagine giving support to the Uganda Govt that had recently legalised that RUBBISH.
May God deliver us!

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by aadoiza: 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
Who needs fund from that Gaylord(Obama)

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by igbsam(m): 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
jking001: If they can't send funds because of corruption what about sending military hardwares?don't be deceived ever asked yourself why it took them so long to confront isis imniraq?

Military Hardware that would still end up in the hands of boko haram.
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Raypawer(m): 11:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
And so? was Nigeria begging for their rubbish money that always has price bigger than the sum?

mtchew.....

after now they will want an oil well for exchange...

2 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by mezebel(f): 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
9ix decision from an illuminati incarnate!!!
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Forwetinnah: 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2014

Yes, we dont want their Military bases in Nigeria. ..They couldn't achieve it with the Chibok saga. Let them keep their yeye funds and build their undercover military bases where all sort of unimaginable things happen in those other countries. The US government is too shady...too too shady

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
Small money ...
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by EkoIle1: 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2014

davitogreat: I'm hoping Jonathan is able to borrow the 1 billion so that more weapons can be acquired.

I see where you are coming from, there is definitely no shame in your game... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by overhypedsteve(m): 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
Zedric: I think this should be a welcomed development. Lets use the funds we generate wisely instead of waiting for "peanuts" from another government
thank you sir. Your words are non commital but deep. you ve spoken like a wise man. Few posters were able to reflect reason in this thread,
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by EkoIle1: 11:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
Btw, thank you Obama, good looking out for your taxpayers and their money..
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by ghostofsparta(m): 12:00am On Aug 11, 2014
Click HERE to read the plausible origin of this particular virulent Ebola virus.
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by deeobserver209(m): 12:00am On Aug 11, 2014
With or without American Support Nigeria has the capacity to tackle Boko Haram. The Americans themselves know that fact. Black Hawk down is still very much fresh in their minds.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Kingbilo(m): 12:01am On Aug 11, 2014
Nigeria has the fastest growing economy in Africa. USA funding Nigeria is like pouring water into a flowing well... It doesn't make a difference. If we can't fund our own security with our money it doesn't matter how much is given to us, it won't work out Bro

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by patrickmuf(m): 12:01am On Aug 11, 2014
davitogreat:

Bro, i think in the grand scheme of things Nigeria is too big to be looking up to others for financial aid...It's like a 35yrs old man working with NNPC yet still seeking assistance from his dad, a senator, doesn't make sense, does it?

2 Likes

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by overhypedsteve(m): 12:02am On Aug 11, 2014
okparaugo: Small money ...
imagine, nigeria faced with a very expensive battle at home should carry her soldiers now experienced in CTCOIN and desert and urban welfare, professinal and combat ready men, to go and join ghana and uganda to share 110 mil dols. What will that improve. E nor even reach one politician thief self.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Is In Coma With No Doctor, Only ‘Nurse Metuh’ Is Treating It – Senate Leader / Video Of Boko Haram Allegedly Converting Residents In Niger Is Fake - Governor / Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.