Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,315 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (834536 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charles316: 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

I have HND and I got admited into masters M.Eng in two universities.finished NYSC last year so no work experience.
Dont look down on what u hv, organise ur CV, write a letter of Intent and apply to the school u want. NOTE: MINIMUM OF UPPER CREDIT

Cant I use my pgd since it is a higher certificate than the HND? Btw,I had a lower credit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charles316: 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
tnuola:

Few people have been able to get admission for masters with HND it all depends on how your package your application to the school.

pgd nko? what other route can i take? I dont mind going as a transfer student probably to 300 level. How possible is this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
Habeeb521: hhhm that 2 month and a week ba. Bdw which did u apply for in canny.

Bro, 7 wks = 1month and 3weeks.

I dont understand ur question. Which ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
Habeeb521: . bruh naw I understand but this forum is meant to
help each other out abeg pls can u kindly jus
explain every steps u took right from d beginning .
Which school u resuming

You are not new on this thread, I remember you well and I think you ought to have an idea how its done after all these months of following this great thread. I don't think anyone will explain steps to you , all you need to do is study www.cic.gc.ca , and read bits of the previous parts then when you have an idea you can come back to ask questions then people will be able to answer you

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
charles316:

pgd nko? what other route can i take? I dont mind going as a transfer student probably to 300 level. How possible is this?

I'm not so sure about that one, make I no mislead you. The HND is what I'm certain of from what I've read on this thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
tnuola:

You are not new on this thread, I remember you well and I think you ought to have an idea how its done after all these months of following this great thread. I don't think anyone will explain steps to you , all you need to do is study www.cic.gc.ca , and read bits of the previous parts then when you have an idea you can come back to ask questions then people will be able to answer you

Not everybody follows the thread. some only come to ask questions when they are stuck/confused and leave when provided with solutions cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
MrArams:

Not everybody follows the thread. some only come to ask questions when they are stuck/confused and leave when provided with solutions cheesy

Lol.. I know right
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

What challenge are u facing, getting admission or to apply for trv?
. Trv process though chrigo directed me to some place d other time to check for processing nd steps nd I did still I believe this stuff still need somefin to complete
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
charles316:

Cant I use my pgd since it is a higher certificate than the HND? Btw,I had a lower credit.

I dnt hv pgd. For u it might add value to ur application.
Go nd get ur transcript, make copies of them and apply only the schools has d final say.
But u wil never no until u apply.
I was skeptical myself, until i read about a guy working in an oil firm in Alberta. He had HND, went back to direct entry in uni lag. After his program in uni lag. He discoverd canada. He sent his transcript (HND) to WES for evaluation after d evaluation he applied directly for his masters with d HND, got his admission nd visa. Went there...faced his studies, after dat a job.
He did not even use his bsc from uni lag
U need to take d step.
My two application cost me $200 and i was ready to sacrifice it.
TAKE A STEP

Mind u... Ur transcript should cover
ND and HND + ur PGD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
tnuola:

. Tanks sis I jus hpe I get this trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
MrArams:

Very True...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jaydave: 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Go nd get ur transcript, make copies of them and apply only the schools has d final say.
I was skeptical myself, until i read about a guy working in an oil firm in Alberta. He had HND, went back to direct entry in uni lag. After his program in uni lag. He discoverd canada. He sent his transcript (HND) to WES for evaluation after d evaluation he applied directed to masters, got his admission nd visa. Went there...faced his studies, after dat a job.
U need to take d step.
TAKE A STEP

ND and HND + ur PGD
pls ow many weeks is WES evaluation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
Habeeb521: . Tanks sis I jus hpe I get this trv

You will, just take time to research. The more questions you ask without research the more you confuse yourself

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charles316: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

I was skeptical myself, until i read about some working in an oil firm in Alberta. He had HND, went back to direct entry in uni lag. After his program in uni lag. He discoverd canada. He sent his transcript (HND) to WES for evaluation after d evaluation he applied directed to masters, got his admission nd visa. Went there...faced his studies, after dat a job.

U need to take d step.
TAKE A STEP

Thanks for this. I really appreciate these words of encouragement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Woow.. that means i can go straight into a Uni. cos i graduated with a CGPA of 4.0. my friend also graduated with a 2:1 and is curently in a college
so she told me i might have to go through a college aswel. if i may ask, are you stil in canada?

realone01: Hi ma'am, u can go directly for your Msc. Program without passing through college provided you graduated with a very good CGPA. My cgpa was 3.87 n I got MSc. Computer science (co-op )admission with d university of regina n a friend of mine with 3.65 cgpa also got Msc. Computer science admission with the university of Concordia, so it depends. I dont know anything about BCIE and AICL Education smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
okay please, can you help me with the contact. i'd appreciate. Thanks
degreat11:

if u are going to centennial college av a their admission officer contact
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
jaydave:
pls ow many weeks is WES evaluation?

I used my transcript like that without evaluation. Its not compulsory that u evaluate unless the school ask u to.

Though it takes 7 working days once they recieve and confirm all your documents. If u want to use WES I will advice u ask u allow ur school to send ur transcript directly to WES. If u send it ur self WES will hav to send it back to your school for verification..nd dat might extend the time to like 3-4 or 5 months depends on how fast ur school can verify nd send it back
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
lols. pchax, that was one lovely sermon. it sure would go a long way. thought i'd be good to go with those two schools. But i guess i got to make a wider search. are you in canada? as for the offering, dont worry it would come soon... when am in canada tho. lol smiley
Thanks...
pchax:

You do not read everything on this thread because topics around here focus more on the visa application process than on the admission process. There are some sites that give you a deep insight into the admission process. personally, I used gradcafe.com (don't be intimidated by their americanized high CGPAs and GRE scores.

Your friend spoke the gospel truth and I would repeat it, YOU DO NOT NEED AN AGENT. I know you are busy and might probably have a tight schedule but dedicating an hour everyday too research about those two schools' computer engineering departments and sending mails to their graduate offices wouldn't hurt. Just have a firm believe behind your mind that you would get the admission. A few thoughts that would help are:
1) These schools seek international students because we bring in a lot of MONEY.
2) They also seek cultural diversity. They pride themselves in that for some reasons I don't understand.
So, just carry that mindset that you are sought after.

Before I end my sermon, permit me to kindly chip in that applying to 2 schools only might not necessarily be the best ideas except you have professors in those schools that have offered to take you. I would recommend at least four schools. One incredible gangstar school, one school in an incredible lively area, one cheap school and one school as the spirit leads. Just makes sure that the common denominator in these schools is that their Computer Engineering Departments match your research interests.

#EndOfSermon. Offering Time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Not in canada yet, my program is starting by January 2015.
VickyRotex: Woow.. that means i can go straight into a Uni. cos i graduated with a CGPA of 4.0. my friend also graduated with a 2:1 and is curently in a college
so she told me i might have to go through a college aswel. if i may ask, are you stil in canada?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 3:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
okay BaaleofMontreal, i guess you would help a sister then, by putting me through the necessary things i need to do. Not like am lazy tho, but am just scared of making any mistake. i need advices from those who have gone ahead of me. am not always online, maybe i could contact you on your cell. Thanks.
BaaleofMontreal:

Ma'am,please come to Concordia, we need more Nigerians. You can process your admission and visa yourself with the help of this thread, you don't need any agent.

Au plaisir de vous voir

Bonne Chance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
VickyRotex: okay BaaleofMontreal, i guess you would help a sister then, by putting me through the necessary things i need to do. Not like am lazy tho, but am just scared of making any mistake. i need advices from those who have gone ahead of me. am not always online, maybe i could contact you on your cell. Thanks.

First, go through these websites https://www.concordia.ca/academics/graduate/information-systems-meng.html https://www.concordia.ca/admissions/graduate.html Also try and contact the graduate program advisor before applying. Which semester are you planning to resume? You can send me a pm

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
VickyRotex: lols. pchax, that was one lovely sermon. it sure would go a long way. thought i'd be good to go with those two schools. But i guess i got to make a wider search. are you in canada? as for the offering, dont worry it would come soon... when am in canada tho. lol smiley
Thanks...

I am not in Canada. Just got admission to start my Masters in Computer Science in University of Windsor In January. I am compiling my document for my Study Visa application. There are lots of questions you need to answer before you make a decision:

❖ When do I want to start?
❖ What area of research intrigues me and does the department have such a research area?
❖ My GPA, does it match their requirement? (A 2nd class upper is good enough for most schools)
❖ Do I really want to write GRE (I did not want to so I looked for schools that did not need it. Trust me, most schools don't).
❖ How much can popsi/uncle/boyfriend/sugar daddy afford for tuition and what are the prospects for Teaching/Research Assistantship.
❖ Does the cost of living in the city make sense? (I read that Vancouver is one of the most expensive cities in North America).

These and many others are questions that you need to consider. Some of them, you need to ask yourself, some you need to ask the graduate school directly and the remaining, you blast it out on NL. There are lots of good people on this thread.[/font]

[font=cambria]would be waiting in windsor for my offering

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lonewolf001: 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
how important is using WES for evaluation of transcripts...... does it give an advantage and do schools prefer it for int'l students

mrnilobrawn:

I was skeptical myself, until i read about a guy working in an oil firm in Alberta. He had HND, went back to direct entry in uni lag. After his program in uni lag. He discoverd canada. He sent his transcript (HND) to WES for evaluation after d evaluation he applied directly for his masters with d HND, got his admission nd visa. Went there...faced his studies, after dat a job.
U need to take d step.
TAKE A STEP

ND and HND + ur PGD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lonewolf001: how important is using WES for evaluation of transcripts...... does it give an advantage and do schools prefer it for int'l students

Some schools accept only transcript from WES like Laurentian University in Sudbury ontario they referred me to WES to hv mine evaluated
But did'nt apply to them eventually.

Everytin u need is on the school portal, others did that dos'nt mean its applicable to u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sanmi55: 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello guys, its like there is no news on TRVs or medicals this few days o, any September entry like me still in the house? I don wait taya. applied 30th july, bio 15th aug. It is well with us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mohammedbashir: quote author=PlayPays]

With the new study permit you would get your SIN at Service Canada in your city within some minutes.

Sharing a single room is almost not an ideal thing here in Canada unless for couples, the closest is sharing an apartment of 2or3 bedrooms which is always cheaper.

Alright bro... Thanks a lot My thought was totally impracticable. Cheers

Just curious as to why it isn't ideal. The monies at our disposal varies and we should learn to manage based on our resources. I once lived in a 2 bedroom apt and we were 4guys sharing 2 per room. All we did was to get the standard mattress and we had 2 in each room. Funny enough, 3 of the 4 of us were roommates in Ife and the last was a Ghanian whom I happened to meet by been his International Mentor and he needed a reasonable place. Do not let the stereotypes of this place put unnecessary strains on your finances.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
sanmi55: Hello guys, its like there is no news on TRVs or medicals this few days o, any September entry like me still in the house? I don wait taya. applied 30th july, bio 15th aug. It is well with us.
brother wat happen I have been seeing ur post ebout this cic peeps not updated ur application. R. U sure their no prob . Jus I see say u r courageous nd brave. But to me ur application date is more on like saying u applied August . And u no it takes 3 to 4 month to complete this white TRV!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
I read somewhere that the expected cost of living for a student/year in canada is estimated to be about $10,000, and It got me wondering, is it a summation of Rent+books+feeding?. if you have better understanding on this my curiosity kindly educate me. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
sanmi55: Hello guys, its like there is no news on TRVs or medicals this few days o, any September entry like me still in the house? I don wait taya. applied 30th july, bio 15th aug. It is well with us.

to be honest u knew that application takes at least 2 months to process and u took the gamble/risk so just chill September resumption might be out of the pictures

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
vanrichie4u: I read somewhere that the expected cost of living for a student/year in canada is estimated to be about $10,000, and It got me wondering, is it a summation of Rent+books+feeding?. if you have better understanding on this my curiosity kindly educate me. Thanks

its an estimate maybe more or less depending on ur arrangement. Books and the likes is not part. accommodation, transport, feeding,clothing etc

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
degreat11:

to be honest u knew that application takes at least 2 months to process and u took the gamble/risk so just chill September resumption might be out of the pictures

A couple of people took risks applying late using the online route just Cuz some people got their Trv under a month using it too, forgetting that these CIC people aren't predictable.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.