Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (838032 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Hello peeps, which is better the online route or the paper and wat the different between them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2014
Habeeb521: Hello peeps, which is better the online route or the paper and wat the different between them
apply online if you have all the documents ready and they are not bulky or much, but use the paper route if the documents you want are bulky.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 10:01am On Sep 18, 2014
HI! I guess this is just the right time for me on this thread, and i believe il testify very soon. cudnt read everything on this thread, but with the little i read, i guess there've been more of success... Am a grad of comp Eng. I plan going for my masters in canada, tho two schools on my mind. Am considering giving it to an agent, but a friend said i can process it myself. truth is i dont know how to go about it. and the fact that am kinda busy, i dont know if working it myself would go a long way. i need advices and ideas on how to go about it. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by auto001: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2014
smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2014
VickyRotex: HI! I guess this is just the right time for me on this thread, and i believe il testify very soon. cudnt read everything on this thread, but with the little i read, i guess there've been more of success... Am a grad of comp Eng. I plan going for my masters in canada, tho two schools on my mind. Am considering giving it to an agent, but a friend said i can process it myself. truth is i dont know how to go about it. and the fact that am kinda busy, i dont know if working it myself would go a long way. i need advices and ideas on how to go about it. Thanks in anticipation.
nice one sir, the best things don't come easy as they say. I will advise that you take your time to go through the thread and read about the process it is straight forward right from getting a school, applying, sending the necessary docs to the school with a token, getting an approval I.e admission, processing your visa. Chikenna. Brb pls.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 10:15am On Sep 18, 2014
sawyersam: Hello pple, please is it wise to use a retiree with good SOA to apply for a visa and secondly, how long does online route processing take?

of course provided there are more than sufficient amount in his SOA with additional source of income like rents from his properties if not try adding a co-sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 10:33am On Sep 18, 2014
modskiller: nice one sir, the best things don't come easy as they say. I will advise that you take your time to go through the thread and read about the process it is straight forward right from getting a school, applying, sending the necessary docs to the school with a token, getting an approval I.e admission, processing your visa. Chikenna. Brb pls.

Thanks modskiller. Am a lady tho. Would try and read up the previous thread. i just pray it works out for me.. Is there anyone in the house having his or her masters in canada, and did the whole processing by him/herself? please wanna know.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2014
effectplus:

Dats grammar bro.. sponsor is (primary)...n co-sponsor is (secondary)...dats d language often used....
d V.o no too sabi grammar Ooo grin smiley wink

Oh thanks. It is just that I can be a bit pedantic most times cool wink
Abeg make grammar no put me for trouble oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2014
Which schools do you have in mind? I believe u will know how to go about it when you check n study d school website. Yes sir, its something you can do by yourself but if u feel u too busy due to ur tight schedule, u can contract it out to an agent as u just said.
VickyRotex: HI! I guess this is just the right time for me on this thread, and i believe il testify very soon. cudnt read everything on this thread, but with the little i read, i guess there've been more of success... Am a grad of comp Eng. I plan going for my masters in canada, tho two schools on my mind. Am considering giving it to an agent, but a friend said i can process it myself. truth is i dont know how to go about it. and the fact that am kinda busy, i dont know if working it myself would go a long way. i need advices and ideas on how to go about it. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 11:00am On Sep 18, 2014
Morning. Its been a while we heard of TRV chopped (is it too early for winter applicants). Fall applicants lik tomaks85 and co still dey. We need prayers...... Abeg, wey Prophet Amefrica
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 11:10am On Sep 18, 2014
Lol! Bro no b people's fault o, the processing time don change now unlike before wey d thing dey fast
famolino: Morning. Its been a while we heard of TRV chopped (is it too early for winter applicants). Fall applicants lik tomaks85 and co still dey. We need prayers...... Abeg, wey Prophet Amefrica
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 11:25am On Sep 18, 2014
realone01: Which schools do you have in mind? I believe u will know how to go about it when you check n study d school website. Yes sir, its something you can do by yourself but if u feel u too busy due to ur tight schedule, u can contract it out to an agent as u just said.

Okay Realone01, thanks. Am a lady. i've got University of Concordia, and Centennial college in mind. cos i intend applying for information security or forensic security. and i learnt i have to go through a college first. please do you know any trust worthy agent? i got BCIE and AICL Education, how good are they? if atall am gonna contract it out, I wanna be sure i wont be duped... winki be small pikin, i no wan get HBP... smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2014
creabyn: Its been nice reading through this thread.. It has been helpful but i have some questions.. I applied to Marine Institute of MUN and I just got admitted... The semester is supposed to start by January.. Is there possibility that I will be able to finish my visa application before Decemeber?

You still have enough time to process ur visa. Pls which program/course are you going for? What is the tuition like? I need this info for a brother. Tx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 11:53am On Sep 18, 2014
Hi ma'am, u can go directly for your Msc. Program without passing through college provided you graduated with a very good CGPA. My cgpa was 3.87 n I got MSc. Computer science (co-op )admission with d university of regina n a friend of mine with 3.65 cgpa also got Msc. Computer science admission with the university of Concordia, so it depends. I dont know anything about BCIE and AICL Education smiley
VickyRotex:

Okay Realone01, thanks. Am a lady. i've got University of Concordia, and Centennial college in mind. cos i intend applying for information security or forensic security. and i learnt i have to go through a college first. please do you know any trust worthy agent? i got BCIE and AICL Education, how good are they? if atall am gonna contract it out, I wanna be sure i wont be duped... winki be small pikin, i no wan get HBP... smiley[/qu [quote author=VickyRotex]

Okay Realone01, thanks. Am a lady. i've got University of Concordia, and Centennial college in mind. cos i intend applying for information security or forensic security. and i learnt i have to go through a college first. please do you know any trust worthy agent? i got BCIE and AICL Education, how good are they? if atall am gonna contract it out, I wanna be sure i wont be duped... winki be small pikin, i no wan get HBP... smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
VickyRotex:

if u are going to centennial college av a their admission officer contact

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
famolino: Morning. Its been a while we heard of TRV chopped (is it too early for winter applicants). Fall applicants lik tomaks85 and co still dey. We need prayers...... Abeg, wey Prophet Amefrica

Bro, pls if ur docs are ready sharply apply. U cant be too early! I am to start classes by Jan 2015, i applied July via paper and now i have my TRV.

I am beginning to feel like i should go soon maybe get a job b4 school starts since i have 3 months b4 start date. My pt, it is better to have ur TRV at hand dan expecting it to come at injury time.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Engobi(m): 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
einsteino:

Lol I have to correct u there, am not rili a senior engineer. Am a graduate engineer with barely a year experience. I just happen to be in a consultancy firm that always has a plethora of jobs, hence I managed to garner much experience in little time coupled with the fact that my boss is more of a leader and mentor than

This explains why I dont know how to ask him for a study leave, I feel like the prodigal son running away from his father.

experience is not exactly a function of time, it is a function of exposure and how much you have been able to achieve. Am saying this as an encouragement because I remember when I started, someone in my firm told me I was too young and was a blank. Today when that someone runs into problems in his project, I often end up being the one who solves it. so to me the most important thing is ur resilience at the face of challenges, with it you would have a steep learning curve. everyone started as a blank

Bro wch of ds consultancy firm here u can link me up with?rl apprciat
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
modskiller: apply online if you have all the documents ready and they are not bulky or much, but use the paper route if the documents you want are bulky.
. Ebout some bulky docs, is it not the same doc u r going to scan and send online and is that the only different in online and paper is the same processing time ( I.e 3 to 4 month ba ) .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
Holmes007:

Bro, pls if ur docs are ready sharply apply. U cant be too early! I am to start classes by Jan 2015, i applied July via paper and now i have my TRV.

I am beginning to feel like i should go soon maybe get a job b4 school starts since i have 3 months b4 start date. My pt, it is better to have ur TRV at hand dan expecting it to come at injury time.
hey bruh, ur trv took how many weeks via paper route pls ooo let make this fins clear abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
sisialakada:

judging frm what I v read here, you chances of a masters degree with an Hnd is next to none. why dnt u try colleges or correspond with some unis to know your options as a transfer student for an undergraduate programme

I totally disagree....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
VickyRotex: HI! I guess this is just the right time for me on this thread, and i believe il testify very soon. cudnt read everything on this thread, but with the little i read, i guess there've been more of success

You do not read everything on this thread because topics around here focus more on the visa application process than on the admission process. There are some sites that give you a deep insight into the admission process. personally, I used gradcafe.com (don't be intimidated by their americanized high CGPAs and GRE scores.

VickyRotex: ... Am a grad of comp Eng. I plan going for my masters in canada, tho two schools on my mind. Am considering giving it to an agent, but a friend said i can process it myself. truth is i dont know how to go about it. and the fact that am kinda busy, i dont know if working it myself would go a long way. i need advices and ideas on how to go about it. Thanks in anticipation.

Your friend spoke the gospel truth and I would repeat it, YOU DO NOT NEED AN AGENT. I know you are busy and might probably have a tight schedule but dedicating an hour everyday too research about those two schools' computer engineering departments and sending mails to their graduate offices wouldn't hurt. Just have a firm believe behind your mind that you would get the admission. A few thoughts that would help are:
1) These schools seek international students because we bring in a lot of MONEY.
2) They also seek cultural diversity. They pride themselves in that for some reasons I don't understand.
So, just carry that mindset that you are sought after.

Before I end my sermon, permit me to kindly chip in that applying to 2 schools only might not necessarily be the best ideas except you have professors in those schools that have offered to take you. I would recommend at least four schools. One incredible gangstar school, one school in an incredible lively area, one cheap school and one school as the spirit leads. Just makes sure that the common denominator in these schools is that their Computer Engineering Departments match your research interests.

#EndOfSermon. Offering Time

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
Habeeb521: hey bruh, ur trv took how many weeks via paper route pls ooo let make this fins clear abeg

7 weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Holmes007:

7 weeks
hhhm that 2 month and a week ba. Bdw which did u apply for in canny.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
VickyRotex:

Ma'am,please come to Concordia, we need more Nigerians. You can process your admission and visa yourself with the help of this thread, you don't need any agent.

Au plaisir de vous voir

Bonne Chance

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Holmes007:

7 weeks
Habeeb521: hhhm that 2 month and a week ba. Bdw which did u apply for in canny.
A month and 3 weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charles316: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

I totally disagree....

hi mrnilobrawn,

you think I stand any chance of getting masters admission with my Hnd and Pgd ? Please,I need an advice so that I know the step to take.

Cc pcax and tnuola,your opinion is highly needed too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

A month and 3 weeks
bruh naw I understand but this forum is meant to help each other out abeg pls can u kindly jus explain every steps u took right from d beginning . Which school u resuming at
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
VickyRotex:

Unis with Information Security
1. Concordia University
2. Concordia University College of Alberta
3. University of Ontario Institute of Technology
4. New york Institute of Technology, Vancouver

Admissions arent too difficult in these schools with a 2.1 but if you have less, then colleges is for you
1. Fanshawe
2. Durham
3. Fleming
4. Durham

Go to respective schools website and check their admission requirements and you'll be able to contact them via mail or phone calls for more enquiries. As someone said, spending an hour each day will spare you a whole lot of heartaches of agents

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
Habeeb521: hhhm that 2 month and a week ba. Bdw which did u apply for in canny.
. bruh naw I understand but this forum is meant to
help each other out abeg pls can u kindly jus
explain every steps u took right from d beginning .
Which school u resuming
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
charles316:

hi mrnilobrawn,

you think I stand any chance of getting masters admission with my Hnd and Pgd ? Please,I need an advice so that I know the step to take.

I have HND and I got admited into masters M.Eng in two universities.finished NYSC last year so no work experience.
Dont look down on what u hv, organise ur CV, write a letter of Intent and apply to the school u want. NOTE: MINIMUM OF UPPER CREDIT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Habeeb521: bruh naw I understand but this forum is meant to help each other out abeg pls can u kindly jus explain every steps u took right from d beginning . Which school u resuming at

What challenge are u facing, getting admission or to apply for trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 3:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
charles316:

hi mrnilobrawn,

Few people have been able to get admission for masters with HND it all depends on how your package your application to the school.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.