Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,481 members, 7,861,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (837241 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
Habeeb521: that me o boy I got prob with the old account it been a while
Welcome back
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kanny1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
sanmi55:
I have already done that, the advised me to differ the admission which I did. the Question is do I inform CIC(embassy) of the differed admission or I should just inquire for update on my TRV application. or just wait?
By this time, your app has gone far. It's better you wait for the outcome. No need to mail them for now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
sidnigga:
Yeah! 'probably' ... No b acronym ooo, e dey for dico
I know the meaning of prolly sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Habeeb521: . May be u could help out bro
I'm here for you sir, let me know any way I can be of help, I'll be more that happy to help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
modskiller: I'm here for you sir, let me know any way I can be of help, I'll be more that happy to help.
Hello house it me habeeb em bck
again I want to no if there always a delay in geting
d study permit for student resuming in canada
January 12 ( seneca student ) arrival date
should be on the 5 in canny @chrigo I wanna no
if their is some kinda complication for
January's applicants
though I already got admission , looking to
sumbit this week or next week Insha Allah.
And bdw is their anyway I can't uses
some else statement of ACC and a letter of
sponsorship from the persons bank on my
behalf, and wat exactly is the minimum amount
that is expected To have in the ACC bal on
SOA. any fellow seneca student in or out abeg
yearn make I hear uuuu for
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tsam01: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hi all, awaiting your response please...

tsam01: Good day to you all.

Please what grounds fit best for a non-related sponsor? Will it be okay if I say he's a family friend?
Help a brother please.

Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
LOL...
who's this guy?
LMAO
Habeeb521: Hello house it me habeeb em bck
again I want to no if there always a delay in geting
d study permit for student resuming in canada
January 12 ( seneca student ) arrival date
should be on the 5 in canny @chrigo I wanna no
if their is some kinda complication for
January's applicants
though I already got admission , looking to
sumbit this week or next week Insha Allah.
And bdw is their anyway I can't uses
some else statement of ACC and a letter of
sponsorship from the persons bank on my
behalf, and wat exactly is the minimum amount
that is expected To have in the ACC bal on
SOA. any fellow seneca student in or out abeg
yearn make I hear uuuu for

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
oghos2k: LOL...
who's this guy?
LMAO
LOL...na only him waka come

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello good people of Nairaland,

I have been cooking up a plan that involves 2 sponsors and I would like to tap into the experience of folks here to know if the plan would fly.

My Dad is the Primary sponsor and he is capable of sponsoring me throughout my stay. He has paid the school fees (resumption is January) and his SOA is above 10M (I don't know the exact amount and the closing balance and it is fixed deposit). I also hope to throw in some share certificates in there. The trouble I have is that he is retired and he is not working so he doesn't have a proof of current employment and he doesn't own any business.

Consequently, I decided to approach my inlaw (my sister's father in-law). He owns a business and he gave me his SOA (which closes at 5.5M. I noticed it was pretty high before. I mean 50M kind of high). I would not want to bother him(because we are not that close) with things like proof of ownership of business, tax clearance certificates, proof of how he is related to me etc. So I decided he would be my secondary sponsor (I don't know if such a term exists or applies to visa applications) because I assume that as secondary sponsor, you do not need to submit much documents. Just a declaration should suffice.

So good people of obodo Nairaland, I crave your indulgence to ask some questions:

1) Would using a co-sponsor make the application more complicated (as it may raise doubts about my Dad's true ability to sponsor me) or would it re-enforce my application (cos it shows access to more funds and more people are willing to support)?

2) Would using a co-sponsor increase the time of processing application?

3) Is there anything like secondary and primary sponsor (I heard it somewhere. Not just sure).

4) Should I just drop the co-sponsor ish and stick with my dad? Why?

5) Am I crazy

Thanks in anticipation of your pieces of advice.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
pchax: Hello good people of Nairaland,

I have been cooking up a plan that involves 2 sponsors and I would like to tap into the experience of folks here to know if the plan would fly.

My Dad is the Primary sponsor and he is capable of sponsoring me throughout my stay. He has paid the school fees (resumption is January) and his SOA is above 10M (I don't know the exact amount and the closing balance and it is fixed deposit). I also hope to throw in some share certificates in there. The trouble I have is that he is retired and he is not working so he doesn't have a proof of current employment and he doesn't own any business.

Consequently, I decided to approach my inlaw (my sister's father in-law). He owns a business and he gave me his SOA (which closes at 5.5M. I noticed it was pretty high before. I mean 50M kind of high). I would not want to bother him(because we are not that close) with things like proof of ownership of business, tax clearance certificates, proof of how he is related to me etc. So I decided he would be my secondary sponsor (I don't know if such a term exists or applies to visa applications) because I assume that as secondary sponsor, you do not need to submit much documents. Just a declaration should suffice.

So good people of obodo Nairaland, I crave your indulgence to ask some questions:

1) Would using a co-sponsor make the application more complicated (as it may raise doubts about my Dad's true ability to sponsor me) or would it re-enforce my application (cos it shows access to more funds and more people are willing to support)?

2) Would using a co-sponsor increase the time of processing application?

3) Is there anything like secondary and primary sponsor (I heard it somewhere. Not just sure).

4) Should I just drop the co-sponsor ish and stick with my dad? Why?

5) Am I crazy

Thanks in anticipation of your pieces of advice.

1) no, adding a co-sponpor wouldn't complicate ur App and Yes, it will help ur App cuz ur co-sponsor has a stable source of income.
Note: ur Co-sponsor should write a fascinating reference letter as to y he his sponsoring u. He should also include all dependants and assets in the letter.

2) using a co-sponsor can even make ur App move faster. The processing wouldnt change.

3) yes, u can use as many sponsors as u want, just make sure dey r credible.

4)No, do not even think of dropping ur co-sponsor.

5) no, u aint crazy at all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Omonjoe(m): 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello house, I need your advice and help on the following
1. While applying for my Masters prog today in Memorial Uni., In d degree options I saw Baccalaureate (Hons) degree and Baccalaureate degree. So I choosed Baccalaureate ( Hons) degree...my fear now is dat i don't know if I choosed d right option and if no, will dat affect my admission? if yes, what shld I do?
2. I intend using POST OFFICE to send my docs to my school in Canada tomorow...the deadline given by d school for doc submission is Nov 1st. pls how effective is post office to deliver? has anyone used post office before for this purpose?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
Please is there anybody coming to the city of Edmonton in Alberta soon?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
tsam01: Hi all, awaiting your response please...

Yes, a family friend can be ur sponsor. Y not say father's friend.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sanmi55: 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Omonjoe: Hello house, I need your advice and help on the following
1. While applying for my Masters prog today in Memorial Uni., In d degree options I saw Baccalaureate (Hons) degree and Baccalaureate degree. So I choosed Baccalaureate ( Hons) degree...my fear now is dat i don't know if I choosed d right option and if no, will dat affect my admission? if yes, what shld I do?
2. I intend using POST OFFICE to send my docs to my school in Canada tomorow...the deadline given by d school for doc submission is Nov 1st. pls how effective is post office to deliver? has anyone used post office before for this purpose?
Post Office is slow if at all it delivers, Courier service is faster and assured. its your choice.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinci500: 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
Please expatiate oooo, cos I hear some on this post saying it would affect ur application in order words it leads to automatic denial.
Holmes007:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
sanmi55:
Post Office is slow if at all it delivers, Courier service is faster and assured. its your choice.
Our post office is now effective please. If not for the time factor. Letters are delivered under 2weeks and some days in most cases. It has to be registered though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Please there is a message (letter) for me from Nigeria. Can somebody pls help me?

yadipson: Please is there anybody coming to the city of Edmonton in Alberta soon?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Omonjoe: Hello house, I need your advice and help on the following

Post office is tried and tested, within 21days your transcript would be in MUN. Use the registered mail and will get a tracking n0 to track ur transcript on the NIPOST and Canadapost websites.
Used it sometimes around May, this year.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tsam01: 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
@holmes007: Thanks

Holmes007:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
MrArams:

Post office is tried and tested, within 21days your transcript would be in MUN. Use the registered mail and will get a tracking n0 to track ur transcript on the NIPOST and Canadapost websites.
You are so right brother. My mail was delivered in 14days.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
yadipson: Please there is a message (letter) for me from Nigeria. Can somebody pls help me?

How and in what sense. Most peeps are already in Edmonton for fall semester
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
yadipson: Please there is a message (letter) for me from Nigeria. Can somebody pls help me?

Hi bruv, can't the letter be posted to you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
vinci500: Please expatiate oooo, cos I hear some on this post saying it would affect ur application in order words it leads to automatic denial.

Ok, lets use my App as a case study;
When i applied, i declared on my App that my father's friend will be my primary sponsor i.e he is fully responsible for my upkeep in Canada while my mum will be my co-sponsor.

I dont know why peeps get the impression that u cant use a non family sponsor for ur App. To show proof that he was credible i submitted photos we took during my convocation, ceremonies and a very touching reference letter. Datz all!

To cut the story short, it took only 7-8wks to get my TRV approved not even 9wks. If u have a credible sponsor and u have proof (pics are good enough), u have nothing to worry about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
Joe980: You are so right brother. My mail was delivered in 14days.

The transcript got to toronto within 4days but spent abt 15days to get to the school I applied to in Alberta
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charles316: 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
hi guys, please I need your sincere advice on this. I have Hnd and pgd in civil engineering but needs to go for masters in canada. It seems that it is so hard to for someone with pgd from a nigerian school to get masters in canadian schools. If that is not possible, I dont mind going in for bachelors. Is this realistic? Can i be admitted as a transfer student(direct entry into 3rd year) and do I stand a chance of getting visa with this plan? College post graduate diploma will be my last resort if the above plan isnt possible.

I need your candid opinion on this.

cc realone01 .... degreat11.....siga......amefrica saxywale
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
@Charles...how many schools have you applied to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charles316: 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Joe980: @Charles...how many schools have you applied to?

None yet. But I wrote to memorial university of newfoundland and I got a message that my chances of getting admission for masters is next to nil if I dont have Bsc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
charles316:

None yet. But I wrote to memorial university of newfoundland and I got a message that my chances of getting admission for masters is next to nil if I dont have Bsc.
You could try sending to other schools.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charles316: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Joe980: You could try sending to other schools.

you think I stand any chance of being admitted for masters with my pgd?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Omonjoe(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
MrArams:

tnx...pls wat is d cost?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
charles316:

you think I stand any chance of being admitted for masters with my pgd?
Be positive bruv... you never can tell. Just keep contacting schools.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
Omonjoe:
tnx...pls wat is d cost?

Less than 300naira

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.