Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (830756 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 11:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oyeleye2011: Please my Oga in the house, I don't know whether you guys notice this in canada. Since two weeks have enter this country, i have never see pressing iron to iron my cloth. Are they not using pressing iron in canada. I know this funny but am just thinking what is happening.
... LOL... grin ... U no go kill me with laughter... Ha ba... Ki lo de... lol... U can get iron for $20 or less ...Go to Walmart like bro talk up there.... Keep ur receipts ooo cos if the thing pafuka... u can return, either get ur money back or pick a new one..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 11:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oyeleye2011:
Am in British Columbia. Province of Chinco. Expensive Province
waooo.... hw are you coping there.....
hw posible is't for one to be schooling and working in canada... is't ease to go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lexo22(m): 12:36am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lexo22(m): 12:39am On Sep 30, 2014
Oyeleye2011:

bros I'm seeking for admission in Simon Fraser University, please how's that side, this one I'm hearing is very expensive, how can one cope over there? ..... Sanu!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 12:59am On Sep 30, 2014
Oyeleye2011: Please my Oga in the house, I don't know whether you guys notice this in canada. Since two weeks have enter this country, i have never see pressing iron to iron my cloth. Are they not using pressing iron in canada. I know this funny but am just thinking what is happening.

Canadian tire, Walmart nd Home depot.
Funny something the iron I'm using my guy brought it from naija
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by slyk2(m): 2:02am On Sep 30, 2014
Good morning,
Pls, how do i get the check list? I want to apply paper route.

Also,how do go about the UCI number? Am reapplying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 2:49am On Sep 30, 2014
opsynusy: nah..my passport expires march 15 2015,i was at NIS august and they told me to wait till sept 15...I don't think a 9month valid passport can be renewed,well it's nigeria,anything can happen
it can be re-issued,only letting you know because it is our job. I am not saying maybe or maybe not.i work with immigration so I was only giving my advice because I tot it cud help. People whose passport expires nxt year June renew @ my command and this is not hear-say. Like I said before,everything is at the discretion of the passport control officer in each state because he/she heads the unit. @ your comment 'anything can happen in Nigeria' it is done legally because at least they apply through the head and not back door. You were probably at a strict command or at the SHQ and met an officer who is on the strict side. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 2:59am On Sep 30, 2014
I am tired of arguing .. I work with immigration. I know what I am saying. Please every command is different. I was only trying to give my advice since it is my field. Read my other comments, dont u think it is better to ask which commands you can do it than argue? I didn't start working there yesterday and no, I am not a junior officer at all. I am actually the 2nd in charge in my section. This is directed at your comment that your folks contacted senior officers. Many people in this forum are vast in knowledge in their various fields and are here because they don't like the working condition in Nigeria hence the need to relocate. I have received a lot of useful advice from this forum and even experts in visa applications marvel when they hear the kind of positive and useful advice I get from here. We are all here to get advice and help others. Thanks
Holmes007:

Trust me, my friend did all the convincing she could when she wanted to apply in July, her passport was more than 9 months valid but wanted a 2yrs study visa. Her parents even called top officials for help but they all said the same thing; WRITE A LETTER!
she had to go to Abuja to renew it.

There is no need to stress the issue. The applicant should go to the nearest NIS around to make enquiries.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 3:21am On Sep 30, 2014
Really,well send me a pm and get the command I will not disclose my identity to you or ask you to meet me up or call me. You simply go to the command and contact any officer on uniform and tell them what you want to do but please when you or whoever you send gets it SAME DAY or within three days (depends on the availability of materials) please come back and share the good news here.
PlayPays:

Thanks for this. People have tried it and came back here to report how they couldn't get it done. Ideally they will only renew for 6months or less validity and someone just mentioned about writing a letter to abuja alongside ur school acceptance letter, which sounds good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 5:22am On Sep 30, 2014
Jaydenehis: Really,well send me a pm and get the command I will not disclose my identity to you or ask you to meet me up or call me. You simply go to the command and contact any officer on uniform and tell them what you want to do but please when you or whoever you send gets it SAME DAY or within three days (depends on the availability of materials) please come back and share the good news here.

I'm not doubting you. As you've written it's your job, you work with the NIS. I don't need confirm anything so there won't be need to send PM. I know how to go my way to gey whatever I need and I or anyone I know won't be needing renewal passport, it's way easy here and you don't need to know anybody, just with $65 app fee.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 6:19am On Sep 30, 2014
cman4good: when did you apply in August... I mean the date u applied
ist of August.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 30, 2014
Siga: ... LOL... grin ... U no go kill me with laughter... Ha ba... Ki lo de... lol... U can get iron for $20 or less ...Go to Walmart like bro talk up there.... Keep ur receipts ooo cos if the thing pafuka... u can return, either get ur money back or pick a new one..
Concerning the receipt. I learnt the hard way so many times in Canada...from TV(wanted to change to a bigger screen) and deep fryer(pafuka on first day of use)....Unfortunately for me, I binned the receipts. Now i have a box where i keep all my receipts cool

PlayPays:

Canadian tire, Walmart nd Home depot.
Funny something the iron I'm using my guy brought it from naija

How did the guy manage the difference in voltage i.e 240v to 110v.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2014
PlayPays:

On another day I would have been really mad at this kinda post because you're hitting at me but it's raining so heavy here and I have a class, I won't stay home cox of rain so I entered it like that now I'm so shaking like fish outta water.
I wasn't wrong for correcting you, a lot people depend on this forum and I wouldn't allow any wrong info to sound right. Again u were wrong 100%!
You can't just come here with assumptions, nobody knows it all that's why I only attend to what I know on here. btw, my trv issued last year wasn't luck. I worked for it, prayed for it and God blessed me with it.
I have read what you wrote about ur cousin's app and I refuse to reason with you cox reasoning with you would only make me to start thinking like you which i'm not ready to settle for. I'm writing it again that it's better you stop assuming, no VO would deny someone for less passport validity.

Abeg playplays you be assistant Vo? Because you are so confident on your claim as if you sit close to the Vo. Abeg I won know you better and I want to also learn from you... Don't worry you have no problem reasoning with me but you can also learn from me... Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2014
slyk2: Good morning,
Pls, how do i get the check list? I want to apply paper route.

Also,how do go about the UCI number? Am reapplying.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 8:21am On Sep 30, 2014
saxywale:
Concerning the receipt. I learnt the hard way so many times in Canada...from TV(wanted to change to a bigger screen) and deep fryer(pafuka on first day of use)....Unfortunately for me, I binned the receipts. Now i have a box where i keep all my receipts cool

How did the guy manage the difference in voltage i.e 240v to 110v.

It's working so fine for my sunday service shirts and pants grin yeah appliances here use 120 but washer nd dryer works on 240 making it possible for us and ofcos with adapter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2014
Mcjimmy:

Abeg playplays you be assistant Vo? Because you are so confident on your claim as if you sit close to the Vo. Abeg I won know you better and I want to also learn from you... Don't worry you have no problem reasoning with me but you can also learn from me... Cheers

Boss, the name is PLAYPAYS my crush na vo but I never get d confidence to set the P. grin
You just dey scope me but nothing do you chairman.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 8:43am On Sep 30, 2014
Oyeleye2011:

Huh BC is expensive Lobatan angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tsam01: 8:47am On Sep 30, 2014
Hi all,
Please what are the requirements for upfront medicals at Asaju Medical Center and how soon will the result be out? and how much? Hope I will be issued a copy of the result in order to attach it to my application?

Please give your responses. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2014
Yy
Jaydenehis: I am tired of arguing .. I work with immigration. I know what I am saying. Please every command is different. I was only trying to give my advice since it is my field. Read my other comments, dont u think it is better to ask which commands you can do it than argue? I didn't start working there yesterday and no, I am not a junior officer at all. I am actually the 2nd in charge in my section. This is directed at your comment that your folks contacted senior officers. Many people in this forum are vast in knowledge in their various fields and are here because they don't like the working condition in Nigeria hence the need to relocate. I have received a lot of useful advice from this forum and even experts in visa applications marvel when they hear the kind of positive and useful advice I get from here. We are all here to get advice and help others. Thanks

I am not arguing with you nor saying that you are not an Official. I replied based on a friend's experience and how she went through the whole passport scenerio.

i dont know it all and i am not here to argue with anyone.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2014
Oyeleye2011:

do u know anything about castlegar..whats the accommodation like overthere...heard you can't share a room,how true is that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:29am On Sep 30, 2014
Jaydenehis: it can be re-issued,only letting you know because it is our job. I am not saying maybe or maybe not.i work with immigration so I was only giving my advice because I tot it cud help. People whose passport expires nxt year June renew @ my command and this is not hear-say. Like I said before,everything is at the discretion of the passport control officer in each state because he/she heads the unit. @ your comment 'anything can happen in Nigeria' it is done legally because at least they apply through the head and not back door. You were probably at a strict command or at the SHQ and met an officer who is on the strict side. Good luck
if it is done legally why should one spend extra amount and the normal rule should be 12months and not 6months then...which one is head and back door,lol...people that pays for express, you attend to them immediately and you leave those that have been waiting for weeks just because they don't have money for express!,is that legal?is that head or back door Infact it's the people that paid normal amount that are kept at the back door! Naija,its the wrong things that are legal

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2014
Oga playpays,no one knows it all. I only stated what I stated to help the person who was worried and u have absolutely no reason to start stating unnecessary issues. People here have good travel history and keep mute about it. This is a forum and I felt everyone had the ryt to contribute and help out,i didn't realise only those who have gotten their TRV are allowed to speak. You will be amazed if u find out d calibre of people that visit this forum.we are all here to learn.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2014
Hello everyone in d house...submitted my app yesterday via the paper route...now it's time for fasting nd prayers ooo...I wish all of us all d best oo...we are all getting this TRV in God's name

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2014
Lol,this is the same issue my colleagues and I discussed about when I renewed mine last month.there are so many illegal amounts added that have now been accepted as legal because we can't fight our superiors who make such charges. I hope the system changes soon though. Still, since we can't do anything about it now,lets make do for now,God help Nigeria
opsynusy: if it is done legally why should one spend extra amount and the normal rule should be 12months and not 6months then...which one is head and back door,lol...people that pays for express, you attend to them immediately and you leave those that have been waiting for weeks just because they don't have money for express!,is that legal?is that head or back door Infact it's the people that paid normal amount that are kept at the back door! Naija,its the wrong things that are legal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tofam3k3(m): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2014
warrikid: Fellow Naija-canadians,in nigeria and in diaspora. I have a strong feeling dat my application has been delayed. Got this mail from Vfs dis afternoon saying they have dispatched my passport(without medicals). I applied ist of august via paper route. Yet to know what their reason was. I hope I am either wrong or I'm dreaming.*somebody wake me up*. (Wish I do "seeds n stones",cos I rly need to get "stoned"wink. *modified*

Bro! be strong and refire....your words kept me going while i was going thru mine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2014
yes,i know some commands and officers can be really strict. We are all here to learn and I have benefited a lot from you on this thread. Thank you so much for your numerous contributions
Holmes007: Yy

I am not arguing with you nor saying that you are not an Official. I replied based on a friend's experience and how she went through the whole passport scenerio.

i dont know it all and i am not here to argue with anyone.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 11:25am On Sep 30, 2014
My SOP though... I didn't know how I managed to write two pages and no matter how hard I try to remove some sentences, it'll always look incomplete. lol

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 11:36am On Sep 30, 2014
johfrox: My SOP though... I didn't know how I managed to write two pages and no matter how hard I try to remove some sentences, it'll always look incomplete. lol

Lol..same here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by IyaEjima(f): 11:40am On Sep 30, 2014
Holmes007:

For peeps that hold a passport which has less than 6months validity; they should kindly go to the nearest immigration office around and renew their passport.

For peeps that hold a passport in which its validity is more than 6months and will not cover their period of study in Canada; they are required to write a letter to the director-general of NIS at Abuja stating why they need a new passport. They should also attach their admission letter with the letter OR simply renew at Canada when its about to expire.

Comptroller General

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by taiwo09: 11:46am On Sep 30, 2014
i have been a silent follower of this thread but after going through most pages of part5, i miss the likes of Chrigo, Earthgreener, e.t.c
thanks y'll for your help..one love smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fabiomatic(m): 11:56am On Sep 30, 2014
taiwo09: i have been a silent follower of this thread but after going through most pages of part5, i miss the likes of Chrigo, Earthgreener, e.t.c
thanks y'll for your help..one love smiley
truly. where are those guys?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kanny1(m): 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
tofam3k3:

Bro! be strong and refire....your words kept me going while i was going thru mine.
Bros hw far wit your app? Have you submitted your passport and applied for deferal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.