Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (830612 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
kingsolve: Biko my people, as God has helped Chrigo, Missbon, Slimdel and several other great Nigerians (kingsolve inclusive) who have passed through this visa application process and landed in Canny successfully, doing well in Canny; so shall He grant you (our medical and TRV hopefuls) your expectations this week. And when you are coming to Canada biko I am looking for how to buy cold water starch if anyone can help me buy come. You can also buy for yourself o if you like to use it like I do. I searched all over here I no see cold water starch. Used up spray starch but it doesn't do the work like our Naija cold water starch does. I will appreciate anyone that can help me buy this pls, as many as possible I wont mind buying it from you sef. That could be a good business here o. I have not found cold water starch here attal, and I need it for my shirts. Odkwa very important.
... Haba... which kain shirt be that... The Spray Starch I get from Walmart works perfectly bro... grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
johfrox:

9 weeks is for accra while naija is 21 weeks according to their site but I'm not sure if these are for online application or letter.

For now, nija study permit is processed through Accra,since April2014.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
newbie2014: I have travel history on my present passport. My passport expires next year June. Am i meant to get a new passport ? Or go ahead with the present one...Am just trying to know if it wont be an issue...

You can sstill use the passport
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
Fellow Naija-canadians,in nigeria and in diaspora. I have a strong feeling dat my application has been delayed. Got this mail from Vfs dis afternoon saying they have dispatched my passport(without medicals). I applied ist of august via paper route. Yet to know what their reason was. I hope I am either wrong or I'm dreaming.*somebody wake me up*. (Wish I do "seeds n stones",cos I rly need to get "stoned"). *modified*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lexo22(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
please my people any advice for someone that graduated with 2.2 that wishes to further his education in Canada?.
thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
Siga: ... Haba... which kain shirt be that... The Spray Starch I get from Walmart works perfectly bro... grin

Baba, foreign can't be like original local. I feel those guys pain, that naija starch comes with a spirit that attracts girls cox once u wear heavily starched shirt then u're automatically a responsible and hardworking man with a good job.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lexo22: please my people any advice for someone that graduated with 2.2 that wishes to further his education in Canada?.
thank you.

Post Graduate Diploma is the answer bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
newbie2014: I have travel history on my present passport. My passport expires next year June. Am i meant to get a new passport ? Or go ahead with the present one...Am just trying to know if it wont be an issue...

newbie2014: I have a long term visa for uk that goes way past that validity sef. Do they do the same for canada ?

Cic says one must have a minimum of 6months on the passport

Nope
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
warrikid: Fellow Naija-canadians,in nigeria and in diaspora. I have a strong feeling dat my application has been delayed. Got this mail from Vfs dis afternoon saying they have dispatched my passport(without medicals). I applied ist of april via paper route. Yet to know what their reason was. I hope I am either wrong or I'm dreaming.*somebody wake me up*. (Wish I do "seeds n stones",cos I rly need to get "stoned"wink.

1st of April or August... It's well... if that's the case just repackage and refire @ least time still dey for winter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
I may not be in the best position to say this but ps whatever you do remember that delay isn't denial and remember also that depression solves nothing.ps pray and refire with advice from d guru's here God will see you thru
warrikid: Fellow Naija-canadians,in nigeria and in diaspora. I have a strong feeling dat my application has been delayed. Got this mail from Vfs dis afternoon saying they have dispatched my passport(without medicals). I applied ist of april via paper route. Yet to know what their reason was. I hope I am either wrong or I'm dreaming.*somebody wake me up*. (Wish I do "seeds n stones",cos I rly need to get "stoned"wink.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lexo22: please my people any advice for someone that graduated with 2.2 that wishes to further his education in Canada?.
thank you.

like dey say God bless the person way invent google and copy and paste.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
effectplus:

wink cool....let me give u a hint..do u know dis top bond here in naija..that furniture(carpenter) guys use on woods. if u can get something like dat over there, u apply like d cold water starch. Gbam!!!...wash..apply..iron...over..over and over again...for over 6mnths...ur cloth still dey starched...no side effect....
Proven n tested....since 2006...
if u can't get it...if I dey waka come...I get u one container...free..
Confam! Effectplus alobam!.... I guess u have a dry cleaner as roommate like I do....... Take all oda starch as an opportunity cost to Top band, cos it's d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
PlayPays:

Cic says one must have a minimum of 6months on the passport

Nope
Guy renew ur passport ooo.. Dat minimum of 6mnths applies to dos going for study not above 6mnths... Dey can't issue visa above d validity on ur passport.. Dey we deny someone on d ground of 'purpose of visit'.... Ayam talkin 4rm experience ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
kingsolve:
My dear, it is not small thing o. The work is really something else. And one cannot but to do well, especially after going through all the hurdles one crossed to get to this stage. I have several assignments with this week as due dates. I thought I would finish them all during the weekend so that I can relax and smile at my classmates still trying to figure it out, or probably give them some tips. But here I am on monday morning as I resumed to the library as early as possible to continue the assignment. Over the weekend I was just looking at the TV's black screen, no time to turn it on. I was practically in the study all through. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in the study. But the good thing is that it will all pay off at the end. If one does a good job, you'll definitely get the good mark, no wayo. God will help us oh. I thought it was only me. The online learning too no be small. I'd log into my account and see there is a quiz my professor sent to us, even saturday night I dey do online quiz at home before the thing due. Diaris God.
That's why I mentioned in one of my earlier post that one has to be very good as in efiko, to combine student job with academics. It's do able but you have to be good else academics would suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
did u say April haha pls don't scare us naw
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
sidnigga:
Confam! Effectplus alobam!.... I guess u have a dry cleaner as roommate like I do....... Take all oda starch as an opportunity cost to Top band, cos it's d best

Sidnigga badoo... grin grin cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
PlayPays:

Baba, foreign can't be like original local. I feel those guys pain, that naija starch comes with a spirit that attracts girls cox once u wear heavily starched shirt then u're automatically a responsible and hardworking man with a good job.
... U have a point my bro ... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
saxywale:
That's why I mentioned in one of my earlier post that one has to be very good as in efiko, to combine student job with academics. It's do able but you have to be good else academics would suffer.
... Bros... Efiko can fail... If u miss classes and miss group work ... Absence can fail person...besides been an efiko... U need to be present at all presentations, group assignments, labs and all....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
sidnigga:
Guy renew ur passport ooo.. Dat minimum of 6mnths applies to dos going for study not above 6mnths... Dey can't issue visa above d validity on ur passport.. Dey we deny someone on d ground of 'purpose of visit'.... Ayam talkin 4rm experience ooo

What experience are you writing from? Everything you wrote just 100% wrong!
Cic doesn't issue permit for any study of 6 months or less.
And CIC won't issue visa more than ur passport validity, they rather return ur passport for you to go renew it before issuing ur visa.
And cic will never deny someone with excuse of 'purpose of visit' for such.
And lastly I don't think NIS would renew a passport that still have up to 9 months on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
Siga: ... Bros... Efiko can fail... If u miss classes and miss group work ... Absence can fail person...besides been an efiko... U need to be present at all presentations, group assignments, labs and all....

Confirm! For my program if you have up to 3 absences from class you've auto failed, 5 absences you'll be auto advised to withdraw. Efiwe no reach oo 100% determination is required.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by millymc(f): 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
did you say april shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
thank you.
PGD

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
PlayPays:

What experience are you writing from? Everything you wrote just 100% wrong!
Cic doesn't issue permit for any study of 6 months or less.
And CIC won't issue visa more than ur passport validity, they rather return ur passport for you to go renew it before issuing ur visa.
And cic will never deny someone with excuse of 'purpose of visit' for such.
And lastly I don't think NIS would renew a passport that still have up to 9 months on it.

I don't understand your 3rd sentence. Are you saying its possible for your visa to be denied if your passport isn't valid for 2 years, if your going for a 2 years course??e.g
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Cufs:

I don't understand your 3rd sentence. Are you saying its possible for your visa to be denied if your passport isn't valid for 2 years, if your going for a 2 years course??e.g

My guy go and renew your passport and tell the immigration officer you see that you need it to apply for a Canadian visa for a 2yrs study..I can assure you that you will be given a new passport... Just make sure you give them a reason for the renewal before the expiry date on it. That's all.. Stay blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
Cufs:

They will never deny you for such, using ur example they might give you a year and half as much as the validity can take, knowing you're eligible to renew ur visa later on. We've witnessed on here where cic advised peeps to go renew their passports so they can't deny anybody for less passport validity.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
PlayPays:

They will never deny you for such, using ur example they might give you a year and half as much as the validity can take, knowing you're eligible to renew ur visa later on. We've witnessed on here where cic advised peeps to go renew their passports so they can't deny anybody for less passport validity.

Buh my passport is valid for about 10months. Maybe renewing it before they advise sm1 to do so may be a better idea. Just thinking#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mcjimmy:

My guy go and renew your passport and tell the immigration officer you see that you need it to apply for a Canadian visa for a 2yrs study..I can assure you that you will be given a new passport... Just make sure you give them a reason for the renewal before the expiry date on it. That's all.. Stay blessed

Thanks, but do you know any1 that had issues with student visa application based on this passport validity issh?? I need to be sure before I proceed..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Cufs:

Buh my passport is valid for about 10months. Maybe renewing it before they advise sm1 to do so may be a better idea. Just thinking#
NIS won't do it for you until it's 6months to the expiry date,you can still use it if it's still valid for 10months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
opsynusy: NIS won't do it for you until it's 6months to the expiry date,you can still use it if it's still valid for 10months

Ok, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
PlayPays:

For peeps that hold a passport which has less than 6months validity; they should kindly go to the nearest immigration office around and renew their passport.

For peeps that hold a passport in which its validity is more than 6months and will not cover their period of study in Canada; they are required to write a letter to the director-general of NIS at Abuja stating why they need a new passport. They should also attach their admission letter with the letter OR simply renew at Canada when its about to expire.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mcjimmy:

I will do as you suggested...but will the passport start counting from june next year or presently
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
Cufs:

100% better idea but I don't know how NIS work on that, if they can renew, that would be great. so give it a try before applying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.