Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,343 members, 7,860,878 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (836931 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2014
johfrox:

They did it here in lag.
Most likely their apps will be forwarded back to Nigeria. Update us on how things eventually turn out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 11:06am On Sep 29, 2014
I just read on the CIC website that one can speed up visa application by including police certificate and medical report from their approved points when submitting the application documents online.

Is it advisable to submit all these with the application? Getting police cert from Algbon Ikoyi and Medical from Oregun or so? Still can't confirm the one for Medical as the webpage isn't loading yet.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/delay.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2014
MrArams:
Most likely their apps will be forwarded back to Nigeria. Update us on how things eventually turn out

Sure I will, they are still awaiting call up for medical though.

I just wanna know if they call early for biometrics as well if one should submit online from here.

I'll probably be submitting medical and police cert with the application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2014
johfrox:

Thanks so much for the heads up. Some guys have been giving bad info that getting visa before Jan 5 is not feasible. I got a friend who wanna help me submit from canada though as I read somewhere on the cic website that it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to respond to visa application if submitted from canada.

I have 2 guys as an example that are already awaiting medical call up after 3 weeks of submitting their application.

Erm, how did they do their biometrics if someone helped them submit in Canada, but they are in Nija?? Just curious
I also noticed that processing time from Accra have increased from 6weeks to 9weeks sha..that is over 2 months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2014
johfrox: I just read on the CIC website that one can speed up visa application by including police certificate and medical report from their approved points when submitting the application documents online.

Is it advisable to submit all these with the application? Getting police cert from Algbon Ikoyi and Medical from Oregun or so? Still can't confirm the one for Medical as the webpage isn't loading yet.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/delay.asp
pls some one should shed more light on what my broda is saying abeg oo we need to communicate very well naw thread is dry pls I don't no where that guy chrigo nd others them dey slimdel,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2014
johfrox:

Sure I will, they are still awaiting call up for medical though.

I just wanna know if they call early for biometrics as well if one should submit online from here.

I'll probably be submitting medical and police cert with the application

I want to believe is same. You get your bio letter immediately after submitting online, you can do d bio same day. Its possible to do upfront medicals if you want, the choice is yours
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2014
Cufs:

Erm, how did they do their biometrics if someone helped them submit in Canada, but they are in Nija?? Just curious
I also noticed that processing time from Accra have increased from 6weeks to 9weeks sha..that is over 2 months

They just got an e-mail to come for their biometrics here in naija. I believe it is stated in their form that they are still in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 11:21am On Sep 29, 2014
johfrox:

They just got an e-mail to come for their biometrics here in naija. I believe it is stated in their form that they are still in Nigeria.

Oh ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2014
MrArams:

I want to believe is same. You get your bio letter immediately after submitting online, you can do d bio same day. Its possible to do upfront medicals if you want, the choice is yours

Okay, thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 11:33am On Sep 29, 2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp indicates the country each applicants app will be processed based on their residence status

johfrox:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2014
MrArams: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp indicates the country each applicants app will be processed based on their residence status

Yeah, I'm on the MYCIC page already. I'll just go ahead and do it myself since you I'll get my Bio letter same day and can do it same day. And I hope it will be ready in 2 months cause my program starts Jan 5.

My concern is how fast
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
johfrox:
Yeah, I'm on the MYCIC page already. I'll just go ahead and do it myself since you I'll get my Bio letter same day and can do it same day. And I hope it will be ready in 2 months cause my program starts Jan 5.

My concern is how fast

When are you applying? I'm guessing if you apply now with ur medicals, by 2nd week of Dec it should be out considering the 9 weeks processing period.

My program will begin jan 7th...I intend to do Medicals this week and apply upper week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
Cufs:

When are you applying? I'm guessing if you apply now with ur medicals, by 2nd week of Dec it should be out considering the 9 weeks processing period.

My program will begin jan 7th...I intend to do Medicals this week and apply upper week.

9 weeks is for accra while naija is 21 weeks according to their site but I'm not sure if these are for online application or letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Cufs:

I would like to do same as you. which clinic do you intend to use?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
johfrox:

9 weeks is for accra while naija is 21 weeks according to their site but I'm not sure if these are for online application or letter.
broda abeg no scare us even urself which wan be 21 weeks afterall a nigerian on this site a broda of ours out his TRV in 1 month and 2 weeks abegi pls dont say it again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
johfrox:

My concern is how fast

Most of us here have Jan start dates, I submitted just 2 weeks ago. Patiently hoping for a positive response. Its better you gather/submit right docs than to be bothered about how fast. We still have over 13 weeks left this year and factoring the public hols that may reduce it to about 12 weeks. And the current duration seems to be just around 2 months. Time is still on your side my broda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
Habeeb521: broda abeg no scare us even urself which wan be 21 weeks afterall a nigerian on this site a broda of ours out his TRV in 1 month and 2 weeks abegi pls dont say it again

Lol... Bro, forget that 21 weeks. I'm sure its not applicable to people submitting online. I just answered Cuf who was talking about 9 weeks processing time.

Lets stay positive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 12:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
newbie2014:

I would like to do same as you. which clinic do you intend to use?

I haven't done the medicals. I'll call to make an inquiry to be clearer and I can't find where to submit additional docs on MYCIC yet anyway.

I just started filling the IMM1294E and IMM5645E form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by johfrox(m): 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
MrArams:

Most of us here have Jan start dates, I submitted just 2 weeks ago. Patiently hoping for a positive response. Its better you gather/submit right docs than to be bothered about how fast. We still have over 13 weeks left this year and factoring the public hols that may reduce it to about 12 weeks. And the current duration seems to be just around 2 months. Time is still on your side my broda

Ok broda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
I have travel history on my present passport. My passport expires next year June. Am i meant to get a new passport ? Or go ahead with the present one...Am just trying to know if it wont be an issue...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
I have a long term visa for uk that goes way past that validity sef. Do they do the same for canada ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kingsolve(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Slimdel:
School work here is something,, Plenty assignments, labs, quizzes plus some other stuffs and time literally flys here
My dear, it is not small thing o. The work is really something else. And one cannot but to do well, especially after going through all the hurdles one crossed to get to this stage. I have several assignments with this week as due dates. I thought I would finish them all during the weekend so that I can relax and smile at my classmates still trying to figure it out, or probably give them some tips. But here I am on monday morning as I resumed to the library as early as possible to continue the assignment. Over the weekend I was just looking at the TV's black screen, no time to turn it on. I was practically in the study all through. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in the study. But the good thing is that it will all pay off at the end. If one does a good job, you'll definitely get the good mark, no wayo. God will help us oh. I thought it was only me. The online learning too no be small. I'd log into my account and see there is a quiz my professor sent to us, even saturday night I dey do online quiz at home before the thing due. Diaris God.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
johfrox:

I haven't done the medicals. I'll call to make an inquiry to be clearer and I can't find where to submit additional docs on MYCIC yet anyway.

I just started filling the IMM1294E and IMM5645E form.

Please inform me on how it goes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kingsolve(m): 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
Biko my people, as God has helped Chrigo, Missbon, Slimdel and several other great Nigerians (kingsolve inclusive) who have passed through this visa application process and landed in Canny successfully, doing well in Canny; so shall He grant you (our medical and TRV hopefuls) your expectations this week. And when you are coming to Canada biko I am looking for how to buy cold water starch if anyone can help me buy come. You can also buy for yourself o if you like to use it like I do. I searched all over here I no see cold water starch. Used up spray starch but it doesn't do the work like our Naija cold water starch does. I will appreciate anyone that can help me buy this pls, as many as possible I wont mind buying it from you sef. That could be a good business here o. I have not found cold water starch here attal, and I need it for my shirts. Odkwa very important.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
kingsolve: Biko my people, as God has helped Chrigo, Missbon, Slimdel and several other great Nigerians (kingsolve inclusive) who have passed through this visa application process and landed in Canny successfully, doing well in Canny; so shall He grant you (our medical and TRV hopefuls) your expectations this week. And when you are coming to Canada biko I am looking for how to buy cold water starch if anyone can help me buy come. You can also buy for yourself o if you like to use it like I do. I searched all over here I no see cold water starch. Used up spray starch but it doesn't do the work like our Naija cold water starch does. I will appreciate anyone that can help me buy this pls, as many as possible I wont mind buying it from you sef. That could be a good business here o. I have not found cold water starch here attal, and I need it for my shirts. Odkwa very important.
i like your intro, nice speech
but wait let think of it winter is coming , u need starch, cant u jus press ur cloth with iron ,,,, let me guess u r a yoruba boy ba. dont worry dem go carry it along for u cus that starch no be weight for their luggage
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kingsolve(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
Habeeb521: i like your intro, nice speech
but wait let think of it winter is coming , u need starch, cant u jus press ur cloth with iron ,,,, let me guess u r a yoruba boy ba. dont worry dem go carry it along for u cus that starch no be weight for their luggage
Thanks o, I miss my starch. I get to buy Nigerian food here and other stuffs, but starch is no where to be found.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
kingsolve: Biko my people, as God has helped Chrigo, Missbon, Slimdel and several other great Nigerians (kingsolve inclusive) who have passed through this visa application process and landed in Canny successfully, doing well in Canny; so shall He grant you (our medical and TRV hopefuls) your expectations this week. And when you are coming to Canada biko I am looking for how to buy cold water starch if anyone can help me buy come. You can also buy for yourself o if you like to use it like I do. I searched all over here I no see cold water starch. Used up spray starch but it doesn't do the work like our Naija cold water starch does. I will appreciate anyone that can help me buy this pls, as many as possible I wont mind buying it from you sef. That could be a good business here o. I have not found cold water starch here attal, and I need it for my shirts. Odkwa very important.
bia mama nkechi. no thruway that cassava water again. lai lai...kingso said na business for canny. mak we package am..collect cash. hahaha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2014

wink cool....let me give u a hint..do u know dis top bond here in naija..that furniture(carpenter) guys use on woods. if u can get something like dat over there, u apply like d cold water starch. Gbam!!!...wash..apply..iron...over..over and over again...for over 6mnths...ur cloth still dey starched...no side effect....
Proven n tested....since 2006...
if u can't get it...if I dey waka come...I get u one container...free..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
effectplus:

wink cool....let me give u a hint..do u know dis top bond here in naija..that furniture(carpenter) guys use on woods. if u can get something like dat over there, u apply like d cold water starch. Gbam!!!...wash..apply..iron...over..over and over again...for over 6mnths...ur cloth still dey starched...no side effect....
exactily what we r taking ebout [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
effectplus:

badt guy grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
ferdimako:
badt guy grin

Na so...make we work smart... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.