Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,346 members, 7,860,893 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (836938 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
opsynusy: do u know anything about castlegar..whats the accommodation like overthere...heard you can't share a room,how true is that

Yes, you can share a room with somebody, that is true. Actually, it depend on the facilities that is in the apartment that make it expensive or not. Like here in BC, you can get a room for $450-$900 per month depend on ur pocket.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
Siga: ... LOL... grin ... U no go kill me with laughter... Ha ba... Ki lo de... lol... U can get iron for $20 or less ...Go to Walmart like bro talk up there.... Keep ur receipts ooo cos if the thing pafuka... u can return, either get ur money back or pick a new one..

Thanks sir, Now i know they have pressing iron in canada. Actually in my apartment, i have not seen it for once if if i go into my landlady apartment, i don''t see it too. Thanks. i will go to wallmart.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
cman4good: waooo.... hw are you coping there.....
hw posible is't for one to be schooling and working in canada... is't ease to go

Yes, it is easy and it is not easy. It depend on the grace and mercy of God. Like me, am working 5 hours in a day after my class in the afternoon. It is quite easy for me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
Lexo22:

bros I'm seeking for admission in Simon Fraser University, please how's that side, this one I'm hearing is very expensive, how can one cope over there? ..... Sanu!

When u come my brother, u will surely find ur way. I know that BC is expensive before i choose it. THough, naija people are not plenty here. But people really help me when i come here. So, my brother take a bold step, and try ur luck. Beside there is Job to keep u going.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
PlayPays:

Canadian tire, Walmart nd Home depot.
Funny something the iron I'm using my guy brought it from naija

Thanks sir, i appreciate that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Lol! I don count tire, almost 8 weeks now n no word from cic. Winter applicants should pls fire their app ASAP
MrArams:

2 weeks and counting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Oyeleye2011:

Thanks sir, Now i know they have pressing iron in canada. Actually in my apartment, i have not seen it for once if if i go into my landlady apartment, i don''t see it too. Thanks. i will go to wallmart.
... People especially whites hardly iron their clothes... ALWAYS KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
saxywale:
of course they do. You can always get a cheap one at Walmart .

Thanks, i will check walmart today.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
Liz2014:
But I don't think its a must to do medicals before trv. don't know about study permits though, but I got the same email yesterday on behalf of my mum and she don collect her passport stamped with visa. I applied 4th august.
I know of people who's had trvs without medicals.
So wait till your dispatched passport arrives before jumping into conclusion.
.... Only visiting Visas of which u are not permitted to spend more than 6months... if u plan to stay longer... U may be asked to go for medicals at a designated Clinic in Canada...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vicarsenal(m): 11:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Oyeleye2011:

Yes, it is easy and it is not easy. It depend on the grace and mercy of God. Like me, am working 5 hours in a day after my class in the afternoon. It is quite easy for me.
Howdy Bro..
Which skool and course are u studying, Sir?
Just wanna kw if i might be in luck to run skool and work 2geda..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Siga: ... People especially whites hardly iron their clothes...

Yes, i notice that too sir. I think that is the problem i don't see everywhere
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
vicarsenal:
Howdy Bro..
Which skool and course are u studying, Sir?
Just wanna kw if i might be in luck to run skool and work 2geda..

Am in Okanagan College and am studying Associate of Science Degree
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 11:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
Oyeleye2011:

Yes, i notice that too sir. I think that is the problem i don't see everywhere
... Now mind Black man jare... we are too focused on our appearance....grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 11:23pm On Sep 30, 2014
Liz2014:
But I don't think its a must to do medicals before trv. don't know about study permits though, but I got the same email yesterday on behalf of my mum and she don collect her passport stamped with visa. I applied 4th august.
I know of people who's had trvs without medicals.
So wait till your dispatched passport arrives before jumping into conclusion.
its a must for any visa exceeding 6months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vicarsenal(m): 11:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
Oyeleye2011:

Am in Okanagan College and am studying Associate of Science Degree
Thanks Bro
Double Tuale For U..
I applied for Global Business Management @ Humber College PGD,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by giftwalter: 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hello sir, plz is it possible for the work one does as a student raise enough money to pay for tuition and upkeep?
Oyeleye2011:

Thanks sir, i appreciate that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
giftwalter: Like I said b4 no support from family or anyone, once I enter there am on my own...I really need to figure out a way to make more money der...

is it that you want to use study permit to enter so that u can work or you really want to study here. If u are from a poor background, i will advice u to look for college or university that pay less amount of tuition. so that from ur earning, u can easily pay for your tuition without a problem. but if u are from a rich background, definitely, paying tuition fee will not be a problem as long they send u money from naija. For example u can work here in BC and earn $11-$28 per hour depending on the kind of job u get. wish u best of luck sir.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
Siga: ... Now mind Black man jare... we are too focused on our appearance....grin

Yes sir. I think that is it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
giftwalter: Hello sir, plz is it possible for the work one does as a student raise enough money to pay for tuition and upkeep?

I have answer u sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
See you soon my people. Back to reading grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by giftwalter: 11:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
Waoo thanks, deeply appreciate ur comments..so plz which cheap university or college do you no of? the only one i know is Memorial University which is 8.5k per year...
Oyeleye2011:

is it that you want to use study permit to enter so that u can work or you really want to study here. If u are from a poor background, i will advice u to look for college or university that pay less amount of tuition. so that from ur earning, u can easily pay for your tuition without a problem. but if u are from a rich background, definitely, paying tuition fee will not be a problem as long they send u money from naija. For example u can work here in BC and earn $11-$28 per hour depending on the kind of job u get. wish u best of luck sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by awe2015(f): 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
awe2015: Kai! I just pray let this TRV no pass me by or before Fall section next year... Made two applications to MUN and USASK... I have a question, can one apply for the visa with his 3 years transcript while in school for his final year I am a seminarian o... And I am thinking of doing my religious studies in canny... I am currently studying philosophy and will be graduating by June, 2015... Any advise please? angry angry angry angry !!!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by giftwalter: 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
Waoo thanks, deeply appreciate ur comments..so plz which cheap university or college do you no of? the only one i know is Memorial University which is 8.5k per year
Oyeleye2011:

I have answer u sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
realone01: Lol! I don count tire, almost 8 weeks now n no word from cic. Winter applicants should pls fire their app ASAP

Paper or online ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 11:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
giftwalter: Waoo thanks, deeply appreciate ur comments..so plz which cheap university or college do you no of? the only one i know is Memorial University which is 8.5k per year

Yes, i don't know much about the cheap university. but i think you have got a better one. So, you can use google to search, It will really help. Then pray u get better job that pay well when u get here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
giftwalter: Hello sir, plz is it possible for the work one does as a student raise enough money to pay for tuition and upkeep?

To be honest, I'll advice you have your fees ready for the duration of your studies before you leave Nigeria... It would be hard to work and make enough money to pay your tuiton and other school bills, having in mind that you still have utility bills and rent to pay +feeding, transportation etc.. It would be bad to go all the way and drop out Cuz of lack of funds. Almost everyone studying there complains about how hard it is to combine school and work..

So please think very well and make a wise decision.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
giftwalter: Hello Sir, it seems you guys are studying in canada already, plz what's the average pay per hour for student jobs?

It varies and truly I don't know but those around me earn at least $10 an hour.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 12:00am On Oct 01, 2014
tnuola:

To be honest, I'll advice you have your fees ready for the duration of your studies before you leave Nigeria... It would be hard to work and make enough money to pay your tuiton and other school bills, having in mind that you still have utility bills and rent to pay +feeding, transportation etc.. It would be bad to go all the way and drop out Cuz of lack of funds. Almost everyone studying there complains about how hard it is to combine school and work..

So please think very well and make a wise decision.
Cheers

True talk and bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by slyk2(m): 12:02am On Oct 01, 2014
The question looked impossible , but pronto there was an answer!
double08:

What's funny?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 12:15am On Oct 01, 2014
Habeeb521: wait ooooooo!!!!! account u want to use was opened AUGUST hmm which means u only what to print ebout 2 month backwards till date ba hmm that wan I believethat one is out of it, as for the transactionsthat occured in ur uncles ACC " any fin a little above ONE MILLION PLUS" my broda I don't believe in that will also work am not discouraging u am only advicing abeg no rain curse on me !!!!! I don't fight in this foum

LMAO grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fabiomatic(m): 12:29am On Oct 01, 2014
newbie2014: Pls.if you have paid.school fees thru transfer here in naija. How long did.it take? And which bank...pls am in a fix . Fast answers needed
gtb but their charges na die. about four days
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 1:03am On Oct 01, 2014
giftwalter: Good Day Guys,

Me and friend are planning on traveling to study in Canada, Our parents are not well funded but we intend to pursue our dreams to study Engineering and Computer Science. We made some research online and saw that Memorial University is the cheapest in Canada. Plz we would like to get information from people you have been there or who are currently studying there. We would like to know if we can work and pay our tuition fees with the student jobs available, or if there is any alternatives on how we can stay there, work and still go school. Thank You

If you are going for graduate studies, I will suggest you explore the option of getting funding for your program.

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.