Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,364 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (826982 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 8:27am On Nov 09, 2014
Medicals and TRV must flow this new week. I should hear something medically from cic dis week and so will u... Say amennnnnnnnnnnnnn

Happy Sunday Niggas and Niggaresses

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2014
Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jojcanada(f): 8:54am On Nov 09, 2014
fabuloustee:

Congrat dear, am happy for you, when did u do ur medical?

Did Medicals in Monday 3 November Abuja clinics
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jojcanada(f): 8:55am On Nov 09, 2014
Habeeb521:
united airline is it not goinng to past through Houston George bush intercontinental airport in Texas , do you have us transit cus they will ask you at the airport here believe me it will shock you that they will ask you to go get USA transit . It happened to a friend of mine at muritala. If not that we booked air france that was at the airport immediately and send the PNR to him he would have missed the flight that night

I have 2 years American visa so should be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 8:59am On Nov 09, 2014
jojcanada:

yo waaa!!!! That good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Omonjoe(m): 8:59am On Nov 09, 2014
Can't get d topic u got dt quote....wat ws d discussion about? send me ur pin
Dam12:

really, pls lets talk on bbm...kindly send ur pin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:44am On Nov 09, 2014
Finally finally I'm in,the network is really terrible here,I'm in a village recamping...Mcjimmy sorry abt the delay...haven't heard from CIC o,called my agent and he said no response yet,tracked and it's still processing,i just pray the wait is for the best...won't really be frequent here for the nxt 2wks but will sure let y'all knw the outcome of my app
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 9:55am On Nov 09, 2014
Looks like d search will never end........flight bookings settling down and all, Don Siga hope d cold never reach high limits....d tot of only me waka-ing to Fanshawe London is enuf to drain d frills of entering Maple land. Oga Fhemmy ur regular Gala don change o...we have varieties now,shapes and sizes ..wil chk d vendors for u. Amefrica. ..... ur Oroki is intact too.
I pray more positive news dis week...lets stay hopeful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrsM: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
QUICK QUESTIONS!!!!
Happy sunday people! I have quick questions for anyone who is online and who has already submitted their application before.
1. Please under what section should i upload transcripts and certificates?
2. Also where can I get the schedule 1 form? Ive been searching on the website.
3. Where will i upload the police clearance?

Please please please i will appreciate answers now as my brother plans to submit today. Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
MrsM:
QUICK QUESTIONS!!!!
Happy sunday people! I have quick questions for anyone who is online and who has already submitted their application before.
3. Where will i upload the police clearance. Thank you!
. Transcripts, ocertificates infact all academic docs can be attached and uploaded with ur letter of admission
- I didnt fill d schedule 1 form, sorry i dont knw where to get it but i trust someone will shed mor on it
- Police clearance is optional for online but could be attached wit ur SOP...
All d best maam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 12:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
jojcanada:

That's whassup! Having a US visa just makes the travel cost like half. U can book a one - way flight to NY with arik (if u don't hate them), probably chill in yankee for some time and then you can even continue to Tdot with a Greyhound Bus. Congrats dear.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jaylinaaa(f): 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hi,

Personally, I put all my academic certificates and other extras that weren't in the checklist under the Letter of Explanation part. You can upload them there with your police certificate too.

Okay first, have you completed the questionnaire and already been provided with a checklist? (I'm guessing you're applying online)

If you have the checklist, there's an optional part where you can find the Schedule I form. It is just above the Letter of Explanation. Please fill it. There's been a lot of debate about whether or not but just to be safe.

I hope this helps.

MrsM:
QUICK QUESTIONS!!!!
3. Where will i upload the police clearance?

Please please please i will appreciate answers now as my brother plans to submit today. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jojcanada(f): 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
redribs:

That's whassup! Having a US visa just makes the travel cost like half. U can book a one - way flight to NY with arik (if u don't hate them), probably chill in yankee for some time and then you can even continue to Tdot with a Greyhound Bus. Congrats dear.

Actually considered that. i did that LOS-NYC-YYZ route a few years ago when i went to Toronto but struggled with baggage allowance on Air Canada. Will see how many hours by road it is by Greyhound. Might just save me tons of money. You know we women don't know how to travel light.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
jojcanada:

Actually considered that. i did that LOS-NYC-YYZ route a few years ago when i went to Toronto but struggled with baggage allowance on Air Canada. Will see how many hours by road it is by Greyhound. Might just save me tons of money. You know we women don't know how to travel light.
lol,re u carrying more than 6 boxes?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
jojcanada:

hmm women
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
jojcanada:

Oh yeah! You women sure don't know how to travel light and u def don't even wanna learn how to either, lol. Whatever the case, if you are doing the one way to NY, try to book your outbound ticket to Canada b4 you leave naija cos I heard that with a visiting visa to US, immigration at MMA need to see proof that you will leave US after some time... just advising that you shouldn't leave your Canada flight booking till when you get to yankee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
kruxit:
Looks like d search will never end........flight bookings settling down and all, Don Siga hope d cold never reach high limits....d tot of only me waka-ing to Fanshawe London is enuf to drain d frills of entering Maple land. Oga Fhemmy ur regular Gala don change o...we have varieties now,shapes and sizes ..wil chk d vendors for u. Amefrica. ..... ur Oroki is intact too.
I pray more positive news dis week...lets stay hopeful

Hahaha! When and where are you coming exactly?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by spacy02: 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hello guyz,,I'm quite new on this page and I heard about some university in canada in which I will like 2 go there and obtained M̶̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ MA degree..pls guyz,wot is the first step 2 take
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
Uptosomething:
The Thread with the ministry is moving on,Shoutout to all folks :Justwise,Siga,Onyeoma,Chrigo,Amefrica,Slimdel,Earthgreen ,E.t.c Always setting the ball rolling...........We the 2015 hopefuls ..Hit the ground running.......FORZA

I hail oo boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tofam3k3(m): 2:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
cman4good:
boss i need you to assist me with infor on what and what i may need for my travel... I hav paid my tuition for one year, like how much do i need to come with that wl sustain me b4 i can get a job.... what is the possibility of combining school and work>> If i am to travel with a sum that can sustain me for 6mouths can I realize some thing relevant from the part time job that can lead to the end of the two years program? which of the airline did u travel with I wil b going to MUN Newfoundland Canada, i hv searched but i can't get a direct flight, the ones i am seeing is heading to Toronto, if i am to take toronto, are mi to book another flight from Toronto to ST.John Newfoundland where my School is located.....'''''..... Thanks....... Please my Oga's in the house ur ugent advice dand direction is kindly needed here.

Check Lufthansa....MMIA...Frankfurt...T.dot....St John's
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyzdan: 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thanks, though very tempting but let me go online
Optimall:
My answer depend on my route nd thats paper..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
I wish i had my trv now. I checked online recently and thru BA its 223k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrsM: 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thanks so much jaylinaa! Your post was really helpful. I must admit that the schedule 1 form is giving us trouble. It keeps saying error and i cant seem to find the validate button. Maybe we'll just leave it...
jaylinaaa:
Hi,

Personally, I put all my academic certificates and other extras that weren't in the checklist under the Letter of Explanation part. You can upload them there with your police certificate too.

Okay first, have you completed the questionnaire and already been provided with a checklist? (I'm guessing you're applying online)

If you have the checklist, there's an optional part where you can find the Schedule I form. It is just above the Letter of Explanation. Please fill it. There's been a lot of debate about whether or not but just to be safe.

I hope this helps.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrsM: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thanks so much for your post! Its really helpful. God bless!
kruxit:
. Transcripts, ocertificates infact all academic docs can be attached and uploaded with ur letter of admission
- I didnt fill d schedule 1 form, sorry i dont knw where to get it but i trust someone will shed mor on it
- Police clearance is optional for online but could be attached wit ur SOP...
All d best maam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jaylinaaa(f): 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
You're welcome.

You can leave it if that's the case. But the validate button is at the top of the page.

All the best with your brother's app.

MrsM:
Thanks so much jaylinaa! Your post was really helpful. I must admit that the schedule 1 form is giving us trouble. It keeps saying error and i cant seem to find the validate button. Maybe we'll just leave it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by castiello(m): 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
[b][/b] below you can find sample of my own statement of purpose

I, Ajalekoko ajanaku have a high school degree, a diploma in desktop publishing from one of the top renowned computer institute in Nigeria and i also work voluntarily with national center for youth development, a non-governmental organization also in Nigeria. Being from a highly respectable cultural background and community, I have always been intrigued about knowing and learning more about diverse historical norms around the world. it is however in this light of my passion for discovering diverse cultural norms as they exist in the various parts of the world that i decided to take a bold first step of working as an humanitarian with an NGO

while growing up, i have learnt that every human belong to one cultural or religious background or the other which help to define and shapen an individuals social wellbeing. furthermore, asides so many achievements the modern age has helped to accomplish in the world, one negative effect of modernization as shown today is the gradual or total extinction of the once preserved nature and heritage,thereby, producing new forms and methodologies which has been imbibed by so many societies in our world today. but in all, the induction of western civilization has played a significant role in various fields of the world as it has led to a modern age of discovery and globalization. not withstanding, the shroud of various beliefs and values of different communities which involves the use of innate knowledge and reason should not be thrown away or even forgotten. however,after scrutinizing my interests, ambition and passion for the evolving trends in the modern age, i have thus decided to pursue a career in this course which will help me widen my horizon intellectually, socially and culturally about the modern age and its utmost significance in shapening the attitudes, norms, values and beliefs of different societies of the world. however, pursuing a career in this course will expose me to different norms and attributes of communities and how a paradigm from the old age/renaissance era to contemporary/modern era has affected them individually and the world at large. hence, my sincere passion for understanding and defining this age due to its transition has left me with a strong zeal to broaden my knowledge through rigorous and painstaking researches which has given me an inclination towards this course: MODERN AGE-SHAPERS AND DEFINERS.moreso, eventhough my strong zeal to explore and know more about the concurrent events and trends shapening this modern age has been a background motivator for me,a renowned graduate program is needed to aid my goal of achieving a solid foundation in my career pursuit. lastly, i have realised that the knowledge i have presently is not enough to build a career for me so i need to get boost my knowledge and upgrade my intellects through so i can get a wonderful chance to lay a very strong foundation for my career with focus on diversity and multicultural concerns. i am indeed sure that partaking in this program would ensure a successful career back home in nigeria as to help me enlighten individuals on new methodologies, values and most importantly, how to deal with problems arising as a result of cross-cultural and concurrent issues shaping our modern day world.

WHY CANADA
I short-listed two universities, one in Canada and other in America. After consulting with my peers and checking course contents thoroughly, I am convinced that Canada is a better option as it has developed a first-rate education system with high standards and global recognition also the security measures in Canadian educational system is far more better that most educational system around the world today, when choosing where to get a better and qualitative education after rating all this schools and there geographical locations i found out that Canada is the best and safest place to study.

if we look around today we will find out that the security brigs in the schooling environment is alarming for instant i have read both on the times and cable network about rapid killings in the school environment ?
Canadian culture is more diverse and vibrant. It is considered peaceful, safe and orderly country. Being a country of immigrants from all over the World, different perspectives are respected and learning together is encouraged.

Tuition fees and living expenses are also in favour of Canada when compared to other countries with equally good education system.

WHY YORK UNIVERSITY

Through testimonies and series of researches i have conducted online about schooling internationally, i found out that canada seems to be the preferred choice of many foreign students who desire qualitative education due to its very favorable learning facilities and environment. also, when trying to inquire more about the best universities in the country, york university has been shown to be reputable and among the top leading schools known for its great academic excellence. as i have come to learn that the york university is renowned for running wonderful programs designed to suit the needs and aspirations of intending students who wish to build a concrete career and excel in it. more-so, the university ranks among the highest if not considered the best for its leading role in researches and having professors with great visions and prospects towards building a mind blowing career for the students for a better tomorrow. all these make york university a highly respected one in canada and its environs. due to its keen interest in achieving maximum student satisfaction, york university can be considered to rank among the highest in terms of quality of services, resources, conducive environment, facilities, programming, etc. the university is so culture diversified that it encourages participants/ intending students from all over the world, thus, making them come in contact with one another to foster cross-cultural relationship. all these will aid i and everyone gain experience mentally, socially, culturally, personally and also develop an international networking. at times, getting a job after graduation might not be that easy one, therefore, one fascinating feature of york university that makes it stand out among others is networking and job recruitment opportunities for the graduates of school. another i find more interesting is the financial support and assistance open to participants each year .

To sum it up, I would like to state that having quality education and ample exposure in the field of humanities will build a solid foundation of the specific knowledge and skills i would be needing in the nearest future. however, now I wish to complement all these with focused and structured study of liberal arts to launch a successful social cohabitation career on a global level and to attain all the necessary skills is vital to appreciate my net worth as a thorough professional.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Babahor: 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
jojcanada:

Will fly 3 jan United airlines. Heading to Seneca College Toronto.
Congrats bro .we heading to d same school .make them call me for medical ni o by Grace of God .so that we go join for there .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ajalekoko ajanaku lmao.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ajalekoko ajanaku lmao. Your SOP long ooo....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by moshood1993(m): 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
MrArams:
over long sef
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by meritdee(m): 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
This thread can fly o... Congrats to those who got called up for medical and those that got their TRV already. Help us paint Nigeria in good light when you get there and never forget your passion for your country.

Those who got delayed, God will give u strength to weather the storm.

My fellow awaitees, good news is definitely ours. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by castiello(m): 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
MrArams:

big bros wetin make man do na i say make i show them say 9ja sabi write book ni

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.