Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,368 members, 7,836,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (830921 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dam12: 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
Shyee:

in the Eye of Faith, friend, the Letter is already delivered.
Yea, acceptance letter comes like 1-2 months after relevant deadline. That is like January. Ph. D in Mechanical Engineering.
What to do abt your application?...well, Prayer.
Oh ok, nice one...the deadline for my application is jan so mayb its feb-mar then
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by britiko: 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
Dam12:
Hello house, please i will like to knw if its possible to study in canada for a graduate program after getting to canada with a work permit. Thanks

Yes, u will apply for a study permit in Canada.
Your study permit also allows u work 20 hr's during d semester and full time during breaks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
britiko:

If you want ur wife to accompany u then u fill it in d form that she's going with u. If your application is approved, she would be granted an open work permit. However, d success chance is 50/50.
Its advisable to apply alone first. She wld serve as ur family/ home tie. And she can join u later. And cos she's a registered nurse in Niaja doesn't mean she can practice immediately in Canny. She would need to do some professional bridging courses.

Exam not necessary if not a requirement.

thanks boss. May I ask what determines the 50/50 factors?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
Dam12:
Oh ok, nice one...the deadline for my application is jan so mayb its feb-mar then

its good you applied so early. what graduate program is that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dam12: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
britiko:

Yes, u will apply for a study permit in Canada.
Your study permit also allows u work 20 hr's during d semester and full time during breaks.
Ok thx..dt means even if im working already there nd i get the admission letter, i can easily apply for study visa nd continue the job part time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dam12: 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Shyee:

its good you applied so early. what graduate program is that?
Yeah i did cos i was advised its better early, trying to get a supervisor nw...MSc. Biology

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hello guys...quick question. Does CIC contact your school for any reasons as pa if u really have d admission or if u have paid ur tuition? Or does the school contact CIC for any purpose ? My school just contacted me and asked have you gotten your visa?

Fabuloustee pls did school contact you before duringbdis trv waiting period. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
Lord I hope this week is good. In God I trust.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by britiko: 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
Dam12:
Ok thx..dt means even if im working already there nd i get the admission letter, i can easily apply for study visa nd continue the job part time

Yes, r u an accompanying spouse of an international student with valid study permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
kaynine59:
Hello guys...quick question. Does CIC contact your school for any reasons as pa if u really have d admission or if u have paid ur tuition? Or does the school contact CIC for any purpose ? My school just contacted me and asked have you gotten your visa?

Fabuloustee pls did school contact you before duringbdis trv waiting period. Thanks
nobody can confirm dis question and give a right answer.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by britiko: 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=Shyee post=28064765]

thanks boss. May I ask what determines the 50/50 factors?[/quote

Your application packaging( documentation), funding, how d VO perceives ur application, as per motives etc.
We all pray for a successful application.
Av u considered d Federal skilled option? U know there's a Phd Stream...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
tnuola:
@opsynusy don't worry it is well, God go do am..
tx sis...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dazlinga: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hello everyone!!!! god will grant is all TRVs and Medicals in the new Tread..Happy Sunday from the observer

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eddy20 alright thanks..in just de get feeling say CIC has contacted my school and dats why d school woman mailed me.ball good sha...thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
happy sunday people
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
meritdee:

Chai! Sorry for the delay ma'am... You'd DIY next time and with the knowledge you've got from here, it wouldn't be hard arranging your docs.

Bless you.
thanks dear,yea I'll do it myself this time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
Sorry abt the delay@ma'm opsynusy u will get it at the end
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
house can some one please confirm dis was cic on holiday last week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=britiko post=28066320][/quote]

okay, thanks for responding.
Well, my packaging is worth it, I believe.
The FSW?... I seriously considered that, i had the following honest considerations:
1. Money issues, i calculated about 450k for me and my wife including the Certificate evaluation, registering my wife with their Nurses association alone was #100k, the exams, application fee etc.
2. The PhD stream prerequesite is being 2 years into the programme, so I couldn't have applied under the stream. Though we are qualified to apply under others.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
tianadiva:
happy sunday people
same to you NLder
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Anugoson(m): 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
tianadiva:
house can some one please confirm dis was cic on holiday last week
grin was also asking the same question...the thing tire me...oooo.God dey sha!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tolaengr: 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
tianadiva:
happy sunday people

Happy Sunday all. @tianadiva when are u flying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by IyaEjima(f): 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
Shyee:
Smiles. Page 419!!!
Good day house. I applied to a graduate programme at MUN Canada for Fall 2015 and my Acceptancd Letter is on the way.
1. I would like to travel with my wife, a Registered Nurse in Nigeria. Does she need to apply for work visa along with me; or write the IELTS exam and certificate evaluation... Or how do I ensure my spouse goes along with me?
2. Must I write the IELTS exam before being issued visa, though not neccessary for my study?
Thanks alot.
Peace.
Hi,
I fink its beta u go first, let her start d canadian licensure process from here while u r der (includes writing IELTS Academic module) and d process no b here.. Cuz if she goes wiv u, she wldnt be able to work cuz she aint licensed to practice in canada.
Ur oda option cld be helping her get admission in canada & apply for study permit and combine her academics wiv d licensure processing (she shld be through b4 her grad).. Dt way, she'll b in canny wiv u and wldnt be a liability cuz she'll be busy wiv sch things too..
My two cents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by adim02: 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=eddy20 post=28066277]nobody can confirm dis question and give a right answer.....[/quo

@kaynen59 its normal for school to contact if your visa is ready.niagara college contacted me to find out my visa is ready mean admission officer and when its ready,they we send a mail to a to fill the form concerning immigration your visa info in it,they may send you job alart k.for cic contact schools yes when you present school receipt,they want to find out if truly you made the payment very easy cos your were giving identification number from the school thats enough to find out if your admission is also genuine.have ask why cic give reasons of non bonafied as one of delay to applicant but not common.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
IyaEjima:

Hi,
I fink its beta u go first, let her start d canadian licensure process from here while u r der (includes writing IELTS Academic module) and d process no b here.. Cuz if she goes wiv u, she wldnt be able to work cuz she aint licensed to practice in canada.
Ur oda option cld be helping her get admission in canada & apply for study permit and combine her academics wiv d licensure processing (she shld be through b4 her grad).. Dt way, she'll b in canny wiv u and wldnt be a liability cuz she'll be busy wiv sch things too..
My two cents

thanks, the contribution worths more than that, probably 10 Megabyte...smiles
From your second option: we thought it could be cumbersome and money demanding for both of us to be studying simultaneously. Unless Nursing is not as expensive in Canny like 9ja
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by IyaEjima(f): 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
Shyee:

From your second option: we thought it could be cumbersome and money demanding for both of us to be studying simultaneously. Unless Nursing is not as expensive in Canny like 9ja
Nursing is expensive everywhere! grin.. Buh it depends on what level of edu she wants to attain I.e. UG / PG.. Canny has got sm affordable schools dt wldnt make her edu such a burden so maybe u shld google and make a decision.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by AMG: 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2014
I will like to commend the Heroes in the house,in fact, you have been doing a great job here, I pray may the lord bless you.

Please from your experience,if the tuition deposit is $1,000 (Stated by the school) and the school fees is $12,000; is it advisable to pay that $1,000 or someone should increase it to $3,000 - $5,000?

Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
Shyee:

Nursing expensive in Nigeria? None is compared with studying it abroad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
IyaEjima:

Nursing is expensive everywhere! grin.. Buh it depends on what level of edu she wants to attain I.e. UG / PG.. Canny has got sm affordable schools dt wldnt make her edu such a burden so maybe u shld google and make a decision.

Smiles. smiley
had her Dipl in Nursing in 9ja, hence would go for her UG there. For now we consider MUN. MUN seems cheap for education, as the name implies 'Newfoundland', and also with the same education standard with other Canadian universities.
Well, all said... Let Hubby go and fore-run for the family. smiley

@ Ferdimako
Well, that is a comparative evaluation of Nursing education with many other non-medical disciplines. Abi nah, shey I lie ni?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fabuloustee(f): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
kaynine59:

Yes they did
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
ferdimako:

Nursing expensive in Nigeria? None is compared with studying it abroad.
sir, please may I ask what does your work as a system analyst entail in a plain and simple language
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
If I understand u well I guess u r heading to Niagara college as well abi. Ok thanks for dis..no i ddnt submit payment receipt to CIC cos I paid after I submitted my docs at vfs. Thanks for responding to my post God bless..

Fabuloustee..OK dear thanks..that Linda woman abi?.[quote author=adim02 post=28069724][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.