Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (826155 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2014
kaynine59:
VO say I neva satisfy am I'd leave Canada at d end of my studies... The reasons are thus;

*Travel History

*Lenght of proposed stay in canada

*Purpose of visit (I wan go farm whale from mosquito mouth for one village in vancouver)

*Your current employment situation

*Your personal assets and financial status

These were dia reasons for refusal... Only me all dis many tins.. I got confused about this SOP of a thing cos I dnt think I wrote a separate letter. I only joined this forum afta I submitted my docs (which I gravely regret). There was a form like a questionnaire that was what I thought was the SOP and I filled it well... Stating reason I wanna go for my course in Canada and how I'd come back and input all av learnt in Canada to Nigeria and I mentioned global warming this that that Nigerian tertiary institutions don't have what it takes to broaden our scope as regards that. It was when I joined this forum I realized one has to draft an SOP and SOP is different from the questionnaire. I am a very careful and efficient guy... I know I studied that checklist for 2weeks before I applied and provided all docs. But I guess the checklist isn't sh*t.

These are d docs I submitted.

*sponsors proof of financial commitment to me (sponsor is a blood bro who earns well in an oil firm in the USA. He's a citizen too)

*SOA of $29'000 from sponsor (closing balance for last 6months afta all expenses)

*sponsors US passport data page

*sponsors work ID

*sponsors tax receipts from 2013 and 2014

*acceptance letter and estimated study expense list from Niagara College. Fee expense for a year is $23k (accommodation tuition and all) tuition is 14k. Paid 7k afta I submitted so ddnt include d receipt.

*all docs (application forms, nysc cert, transcripts, WAEC result, uni result, uni certificate, police report,)

*my final year dissertation (summary) on pollution from agro based insecticides, how it affects man and the environment. From consumption and etc

*I studied Marine science. Going for environmental management and Assessment. I work in a real. Estate firm.

I ddnt include land docs (which my late dad has I ddnt see it important to add my mistake)

I ddnt include employment letter and study leave. I filled in d cic form that I work tho.

I have been to Ghana and 2 oda African countries. Passport no de carry dose si I guess de ddnt believe but I filled all dat in d form

House pls added inputs in refiring would help. Thanks

We dey The Same boat bro, its called Bewilderment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
Akanni an environmental manager studies the environment both land and Aquatic and ensures it is suitable enough for a proposed project a building firm wants to embark on. That's what we call EIAs (environmental impact assessment). I could relate it that d firm wants to delve into Road construction and aquire open lands to build estates, mega shopping malls and d likes. That could be in d study leave. I dunno just seeking ur inputs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
Standupguy this is what makes a man.. The thing still de pain me I can't lie bro. But as ur name implies consonants..... "stand" "up" "guy" man must pick d pieces and face it squarely..

I got refused days to my birthday. The birthday don pass twas nt a fun day cos the way i woulda celebrated if I had med call up ehn... Lol.. But God get reason.

Man up bro.. There are tougher hurdles in front asides dis as a man. We only pray for God's grace and Make sense Nike spike shoes make we fit de elevate de scale dis life's hurdles

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
CIC sent me another message to check my portal and there was nothing there.
Abi them just wan remind me say them throw way me

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
Yeah @Tsola6. I think you are getting me... I can imagine VOs hoping and praying the next app they will assess will have sponsors with a direct dependant as applicant becos it makes life a lot easier for them lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
kaynine59:
Standupguy this is what makes a man.. The thing still de pain me I can't lie bro. But as ur name implies consonants..... "stand" "up" "guy" man must pick d pieces and face it squarely..

I got refused days to my birthday. The birthday don pass twas nt a fun day cos the way i woulda celebrated if I had med call up ehn... Lol.. But God get reason.

Man up bro.. There are tougher hurdles in front asides dis as a man. We only pray for God's grace and Make sense Nike spike shoes make we fit de elevate de scale dis life's hurdles

So those your program have a may intake or are you looking for another school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thanks Kaynine59. At this point, I am 55% positive and 45% indifferent... but not pessimistic

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
Nope they deferred me till Sept. I de find anoda not so expensive College offering environmental management and Assessment... Incase u see make i knw ooo lol
standupguy:

So those your program have a may intake or are you looking for another school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
Notin do u baba
redribs:
Thanks Kaynine59. At this point, I am 55% positive and 45% indifferent... but not pessimistic
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
kaynine59:
Nope they deferred me till Sept. I de find anoda not so expensive College offering environmental management and Assessment... Incase u see make i knw ooo lol

September!!!!!!!!!
Omo thats a bloody long time, mine said i should look for another program and my file will be reviewed.
So bascially i am looking to have them review me for a related program will also apply for another school.
Funny how i had 4 admission this year but ended up utilizing none.
Now i might be looking again.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
redribs:
I bet your heart beat aint smiling wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Tsola6: 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
redribs:
Yeah @Tsola6. I think you are getting me... I can imagine VOs hoping and praying the next app they will assess will have sponsors with a direct dependant as applicant becos it makes life a lot easier for them lol.
lol! I get u dear. Me sef wen dey analyse people own,only God knws wat d outcme of mine wud be. Dint evn submit a LOE because i dint ve nyth to explain,i dint evn submit dat much documents to me honest. Dat scares me. Jst tryin to stay positive tho.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Anugoson(m): 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
@ standupguy please bro stop quoting the long post...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
As in ehn bro E far well. It is well bro just believe. Am also looking seriously for may intake. Na wa sha cic no be so o
standupguy:

September!!!!!!!!!
Omo thats a bloody long time, mine said i should look for another program and my file will be reviewed.
So bascially i am looking to have them review me for a related program will also apply for another school.
Funny how i had 4 admission this year but ended up utilizing none.
Now i might be looking again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
Anugoson:
@ standupguy please bro stop quoting the long post...

Ok sorry didnt realize it pushes the pages.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
justwise:

You are being unnecessarily defensive for nothing, you still don't get it.

You did not answer the question.....is the 25m her business profit or her business capital? Did you include her tax certificate? How many people did she employ in her business? E.g tax certificate will give an idea how well the business is doing. Your sister can only sponsor you with her net profit and not the gross.

Having 25m in her account as a business woman does not mean that she can afford to sponsor you.

The most important thing is cash availability for you throughout the duration of your study.

Bro no defense here, trying to ascertain my loophole simple
There was no tax certificate, have no idea where to get that, i also had a co-sponsor, care to through light on that too?
The truth is she was meant to be a co-sponsor, just an added advantage but i decided to make her the main sponsor when the supposed sponsor (still my sister was being difficult and won't give me the exactly same docs my brother used last yr and an SOA of 85naira) i was forced to switch there places. I guess it backfired on me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
kaynine59:
Akanni an environmental manager studies the environment both land and Aquatic and ensures it is suitable enough for a proposed project a building firm wants to embark on. That's what we call EIAs (environmental impact assessment). I could relate it that d firm wants to delve into Road construction and aquire open lands to build estates, mega shopping malls and d likes. That could be in d study leave. I dunno just seeking ur inputs
Lobatan!! you got it covered bro and gives a nice handle to it.Just indicate that it is a medium term plan and this program will benefit both you and the company.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
kaynine59:
As in ehn bro E far well. It is well bro just believe. Am also looking seriously for may intake. Na wa sha cic no be so o

Just wrote algonquin to know if they take scanned email copies of transcript. i find it hard applying to any school that doesn't offer online application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
Joe980:
I bet your heart beat aint smiling wink

Ol' boy, I never see the ferrari engine wey go fit race my heartbeat right now. cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
redribs:

Ol' boy, I never see the ferrari engine wey go fit race my heartbeat right now. cheesy.

O boy no be small thing God dey sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Anugoson(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
@ Kaynine59...With the ideas u have gotten from this forum u have been able 2 point out 2 some of ur mistakes...Most of the reasons they gave would be addressed in ur SOP,like travel history,length of proposed stay and purpose of visit...As for ur course of study I dint see any correlation btw ur intended course of study and ur work experience...get a course similar 2 Estate management and co...also add ur employment details,which include letter of employment,pay slips and leave letter..Furthermore if u can get a co-sponsor based here in Nigeria,like one taking care of ur tuition and the other taking care of other expenses I believe it will help...U dint add Letter of sponsorship,so u should add it this time around(notarized)...don't forget 2 add ur sch fees receipt...Finally as for land docs it's another form of home tie,u can meet a lawyer for transfer of ownership in ur name since ur dad is late...Be strong bro...Wishing u all da best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
standupguy:

Bro no defense here, trying to ascertain my loophole simple
There was no tax certificate, have no idea where to get that, i also had a co-sponsor, care to through light on that too?
The truth is she was meant to be a co-sponsor, just an added advantage but i decided to make her the main sponsor when the supposed sponsor (still my sister was being difficult and won't give me the exactly same docs my brother used last yr and an SOA of 85naira) i was forced to switch there places. I guess it backfired on me

U havent answered the question thoroughly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
Anugoson:
Finally as for land docs it's another form of home tie,u can meet a lawyer for transfer of ownership in ur name since ur dad is late...Be strong bro...Wishing u all da best.
I believe survey plan/c of o/land use cert of his dad would fly.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
@Standupguy; I've taken my time to read through your post, response et al.
Permit me to say you're smart but don't be too smart in your own sight because you personal knowledge might not get you far, hence the purpose of the forum.
The closing balance of #85 and that of #1.5m won't land you a TRV!
I understand you've paid a tuition plus you have a FD, bear In mind that you're not directly a beneficiary.

Lemme share my experience.
I applied for my bro at MUN, mum SOA total credit was #29m in 6mths and Total Debit was #25m in same duration and was very bulky, I never knew about this trend and never knew how to merge docs so I uploaded the very first page where the whole info were and the last credit on that page was #4. Though tuition few was paid and he got refused!

We reapplied in 5days after and the boy is now in Canny.

You have a good case but I'll advice you to figure out what you did wrong instead of claiming you're right and as covered all loopholes, well as for me, I'll suggest you tune up the SOA to 4m upward. Total Credit/debit is just a formality.

Pls who has seen Oga SiGa lately?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BeulahHephziba: 2:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
@ Redribs & Tsola6,
Stay positive, do not be afraid of evil tidings around you, let your hearts be fixed, trusting in the LORD.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
Cufs:

Thanks Sodikworld for that info. Went to get my passport today, but they said it has not arrived nija.

After you submitted your passport, were you sent an approval mail? Or your status just changed to passport dispatched??
How far cufs? I dey use mind pray for you and I'm trusting God that your apps will be favoured!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Tsola6: 2:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thnk u o! God bless u
BeulahHephziba:
@ Redribs & Tsola6,
Stay positive, do not be afraid of evil tidings around you, let your hearts be fixed, trusting in the LORD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
ManTiger:

How far cufs? I dey use mind pray for you and I'm trusting God that your apps will be favoured!

Oga I just de ooh, still waiting for my passport. As at yesterday, it had not arrived lagos undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
... I dey here ManTiger... busy things nooni... Man must work ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
@ ManTiger
Thank you bro, and I agree with you 100%.
My application lacked liquid cash. I acknowledged that from the first post.
Which was as a result of working with a difficult older sibling who wouldn't give me SOA with cash and insisted that cash flow was what they needed, which someone already said could fly for a tour visa.

Most certainly I needed to debate this to get the best insight.
I am also grateful to everyone that contributed

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by meritdee(m): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
Erm.... Good evening my beautiful people. So I got the much awaited mail from CIC today.

Below is the screenshot of my closed app.

Reasons: Personal assets & financial status and travel history.

I know where I went wrong, didn't include my employment letter and personal SOA.

I don't need to do self pity, learnt a lot here already. grin grin

I wish the remaining awaitees success.

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.