Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,707 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827837 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 23, 2014
That nice.be positive.you will be fine.so many naijas are there.so nothing to worry about at all.you will be fine.there are enuf peeps there just cos u don't see it here doesn't mean peeps are not heading there
tokiniofficial:

I'm already booked for Manitoba, didn't get enough infor before choosing it. Just hope I'm gonna like it there cos I hardly see peeps here heading that direction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:46am On Aug 23, 2014
My first accommodation was $300 monthly and I was comfy.depends on what you looking for and the city too.
GboyegaD:

Seriously I do not agree. You can get shared apts for as little as $400 and averagely it is about $500 - $550 monthly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 2:48am On Aug 23, 2014
Ottawaguy: Some people are okay paying agents.let everyone decide what they think will work for them.by the way Lambton is a good college.it in Sarnia,Ontario.the good thing is it shares border with USA .therefore,u can stand in downtown Sarnia and be looking at USA just across.it is not a too big city though cos I believe it around 80k population and most are oyinbo sha o but you will not be disappointed.Also,cost of accommodation and transportation is reasonable compared to bigger cities.

I truly don't understand your post. Are you replying my post with someone else combined?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 23, 2014
Sorry,I made a mistake.the post was meant for the person heading to Lambton College.
GboyegaD:

I truly don't understand your post. Are you replying my post with someone else combined?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 3:08am On Aug 23, 2014
siegfried99: Greetings to the house..

I wanna apply to any college or university in Canada with low tuition and which is not a RED FLAG .. can I get suggestions please?

Someone mentioned u can get permanent residence easier in some province, please which places are u referring to.?

Thanks.

ottawaguy pls enlighten me on the bolded

Yep.that true.u can relocate to another province but the thing is some province will want u to study in their province,that way it makes it easier.I will give an example I know of a province that will allow u submit your application after 6 months of working as long as u study in their province .That same province requires peeps that studied in another province and relocated to their province to work 2 years bfor bn considered at all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:36am On Aug 23, 2014
@ Ottawaguy, it seems u are in ottawa, pls just describe life in ottawa generally and how easy it is to get a job and cost of living too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 3:49am On Aug 23, 2014
Slimdel:

How's everything
all good. anything for me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:08am On Aug 23, 2014
I was only trying to explain my point with that statement.The province I was referring to was Saskatchewan.Mind you there are other conditions that has to be met and each province has different rules to qualify if u applying tru provinces.it better to find out more on each province on the net.some peeps apply directly to the federal govt of Canada instead of tru d province.each person and circumstance differs.
siegfried99:

ottawaguy pls enlighten me on the bolded

Yep.that true.u can relocate to another province but the thing is some province will want u to study in their province,that way it makes it easier.I will give an example I know of a province that will allow u submit your application after 6 months of working as long as u study in their province .That same province requires peeps that studied in another province and relocated to their province to work 2 years bfor bn considered at all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 23, 2014
Life in Ottawa is lovely.no longer live in Ottawa but the city is nice in my own opinion.jobs situation too is not bad as long as u meet the job requirement and with God on your side.if u considering Ottawa,then go for it.
SavedbyYaweh: @ Ottawaguy, it seems u are in ottawa, pls just describe life in ottawa generally and how easy it is to get a job and cost of living too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 4:20am On Aug 23, 2014
Ottawaguy: I was only trying to explain my point with that statement.The province I was referring to was Saskatchewan.Mind you there are other conditions that has to be met and each province has different rules to qualify if u applying tru provinces.it better to find out more on each province on the net.some peeps apply directly to the federal govt of Canada instead of tru d province.each person and circumstance differs.

thanks.

i want to apply to about 3 colleges in ontario (lambton is one of 'em) , do i really need the credential assessment stuff as stated on WES and ICAS?

PS: i wanna apply for my self (POST GRADUATE) and my sister (Undergraduate)

i'm applying via ontariocolleges.ca, is it advisable or direct application s better? (or is ontariocolleges.ca the normal route?)

i hope my questions aren't much, but pls is there any other thing i need to know before i apply?

thanks again.. i would appreciate all the answers i can get. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 5:21am On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD:

Seriously I do not agree. You can get shared apts for as little as $400 and averagely it is about $500 - $550 monthly.

Relax, He specifically gave you an example of Calgary and Edmonton. If you doubt his opinion then check kijiji.ca for the prices of accommodation in the city you want to stay.

There are things that determine the price of your accommodation in Canada.

1) the city where your school is located
2) Do you want to live downtown close to all the city activities
3) is the accommodation fully furnished or unfurnished
4) Are all utility bills included or do you have to pay for certain bills

Don't expect the price of accommodation in new foundland to be the same as Vancouver. just as accommodation in Abuja and Ibadan can't be the same.
So do your maths well

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 6:30am On Aug 23, 2014
Asalyn: [color=#006600][/color].

Centennial application is free! U dont av to pay any dime for applying to the school.
Go ahead n fill the application form on thr site n submit. Application processing usually takes 2wks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 6:42am On Aug 23, 2014
kclexa:

Relax, He specifically gave you an example of Calgary and Edmonton. If you doubt his opinion then check kijiji.ca for the prices of accommodation in the city you want to stay.

There are things that determine the price of your accommodation in Canada.

1) the city where your school is located
2) Do you want to live downtown close to all the city activities
3) is the accommodation fully furnished or unfurnished
4) Are all utility bills included or do you have to pay for certain bills

Don't expect the price of accommodation in new foundland to be the same as Vancouver. just as accommodation in Abuja and Ibadan can't be the same.
So do your maths well

Oga, I live in Calgary so I know what I'm talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2014
Slimdel:
That isn't benefit noni, I thought award is being given out,, u didn't email me again please I can't remember your email add

My Queen,u didn't reply my mails, n text on whatsapp isn't delivering.

My email is adolphous001@gmail.com

Pls mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 6:55am On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD:

Oga, I live in Calgary so I know what I'm talking about.

Oga, I live in Edmonton. So i also know what he is talking about. That is why I gave the steps to be considered.

Or do you want to tell me that the price of accommodation in southwest Calgary is the same as southeast Calgary or Downtown between 9th to 11 avenue.

Calgary accommodation and Fort McMurray accommodation is not the same nor is Red deer. not to even compare with Toronto and Vancouver. So just lay the facts and conditions that determine the prices then let the prospective Canadians (Naija hopefuls) do the right maths
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 7:02am On Aug 23, 2014
kclexa:

Oga, I live in Edmonton. So i also know what he is talking about. That is why I gave the steps to be considered.

Or do you want to tell me that the price of accommodation in southwest Calgary is the same as southeast Calgary or Downtown between 9th to 11 avenue.

Calgary accommodation and Fort McMurray accommodation is not the same nor is Red deer. not to even compare with Toronto and Vancouver. So just lay the facts and conditions that determine the prices then let the prospective Canadians (Naija hopefuls) do the right maths

Oga, do you expect an average student to go live in Downtown? Practically, students should live around the University as such the average rate I emphasize remains around $500-$550.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by craigj: 7:19am On Aug 23, 2014
Good-morning House....
I would like to know if one can differ his/her admissions or change his/her course or university on getting too canada.
Kindly Respond PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 7:24am On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD:

Oga, do you expect an average student to go live in Downtown? Practically, students should live around the University as such the average rate I emphasize remains around $500-$550.

I like your mindset. So what happens to those whose schools are in downtown area? Some accommodations closer to school are even more expensive.

In Edmonton, getting a furnished room close to most schools ranges from $550 to $750. while bachelor suites range from $650 to $875.

I won't dwell more on this subject because i have given enough steps to be considered in choosing an accommodation. My advice to anyone coming to Canada is to use renting websites such as kijiji.ca to analyze the accommodation cost and plan ahead. You may even be lucky to get an accommodation for far less ( below $400 ) but it all depends.

Good luck guys, I wish you all success in your quest for a better future. And I welcome all new Nigerians to Canada.
God Bless

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by edwinbiz(m): 7:25am On Aug 23, 2014
Hello friends i sent my waec result to usask
on the 14 of this month, should i pay the application
fee or i should wait until the university ask me to do
so. secondly, by Gods grace if am granted admission
can i meet up the January session?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by edwinbiz(m): 7:40am On Aug 23, 2014
please i need a reply guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by koladata(m): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2014
Hi everybody, thanks for the good jobs you are doing. I plan to apply for a one year diploma program in a school in canada, whats my chances of getting visa in this case that i'm not applying for a degree program?. And what's my chances of getting a 2years visa? The one year diploma program i applied for does not have co-op. Please i need your timely response. Thanks and Good bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 7:47am On Aug 23, 2014
edwinbiz: Hello friends i sent my waec result to usask
on the 14 of this month, should i pay the application
fee or i should wait until the university ask me to do
so. secondly, by Gods grace if am granted admission
can i meet up the January session?

I am not to sure how Usask operate but from experience, most universities will not give you any favorable response until you pay the application fee. Except it is stated that you should await their decision on your application before paying the fees.

As for meeting up with January session. it all depends on how fast you get the admission letter and start processing your visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 7:53am On Aug 23, 2014
koladata: Hi everybody, thanks for the good jobs you are doing. I plan to apply for a one year diploma program in a school in canada, whats my chances of getting visa in this case that i'm not applying for a degree program?. And what's my chances of getting a 2years visa? The one year diploma program i applied for does not have co-op. Please i need your timely response. Thanks and Good bless.

There is a possibility that you will get the visa but you wont get a 2 years visa for a 1 year diploma. the duration of your visa is primarily based on the duration of your program.

Something else to note is that the duration of your program may determine how long you will be allowed to remain in Canada after school and how possible it will be for you to get a Permanent Residency (Taking the province into consideration too)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by parisbluefox: 8:18am On Aug 23, 2014
Good morning everyone! Please is it advisable to live in a shared apartment with Chinese guys? In my own opinion, I think they are dirty (Indians too). My apologies, if I sound offensive. I'm yet to find a room and I will be leaving in 8 days time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twaintoy(f): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD:

I will check but I don't think I check that email often. What's app me on either of my numbers will be more effective.
I do not have ur number o, replied your mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by edwinbiz(m): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2014
Thanks kclexa. where in canada are you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2014
GboyegaD:

They have changed this rule since June 1st. Graduate student can work only 20 hours off campus all year round and you can work on campus for as much as you can but you must perform academically too.

Hmmm yea! But he was asking about UnderG..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 23, 2014
@parisbluefox, how are you, pls drop ur mail,wanna ask a question. Tnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 23, 2014
Oyeleye2011: Please my oga in the house. I want you to help me with the cheap flight. the one i wanted to booked yesterday was a little bit expensive, it is 370k. I am resuming Sep 3. Please, help me with any links. thanks all

Congrats bro...pls I sent yu a pm kindly respond.God bless yu
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 10:06am On Aug 23, 2014
which province come make sense alberta, and places like Brandon, MB
Ottawaguy: Yep.that true.u can relocate to another province but the thing is some province will want u to study in their province,that way it makes it easier.I will give an example I know of a province that will allow u submit your application after 6 months of working as long as u study in their province.That same province requires peeps that studied in another province and relocated to their province to work 2 years bfor bn considered at all.

Paali means green card shey? But shebi if paali hard to get frm one pronvince, den na to port go another one na or am I missing sumtin?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 10:31am On Aug 23, 2014
but you say it's free A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca.
pyhz:

Centennial application is free! U dont av to pay any dime for applying to the school.
Go ahead n fill the application form on thr site n submit. Application processing usually takes 2wks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.