Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827883 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 23, 2014
Here is my own opinion for anyone coming to Canada.Do your research well and choose provinces that u will not only study dere but also where getting Paali is much easier esp to those that will like to live here permanently and those intending to come in just for a year program.Do your research well,you will recognize the importance of this advice later.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by OkekeChristian(m): 12:09am On Aug 23, 2014
I can't believe that I'be been oblivious of the existence of such a nice thread.
I need advice from someone who's ezperienced a similar situation. I desire to study in Canada for an Undergraduate course; however, I was told that my father's bank statement ought to read upwards of 10million naira.
The main issue is leaving the country. I don't think after that, that my dad would need to worry himself concerning my tuition and expenses, as I'm both prudent in spending, diligent in work and versatile in skills.
Don't mind me, I always love to elaborate matters. I just need help and/or advice from somewhere. I know it's somewhere out there.
Thanks in advance.
PS: Do quote my post if you reply me

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 23, 2014
pyhz:

slim i can see u welllwell on my bbm ooo! i don dey jealous u sef grin All the canny dps dey do me make i come quick too grin
Lmaoooo seen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Asalyn: 12:14am On Aug 23, 2014
Anyone headin to centennial college?...av sum questions I wanna ask...tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 12:15am On Aug 23, 2014
Ottawaguy: Here is my own opinion for anyone coming to Canada.Do your research well and choose provinces that u will not only study dere but also where getting Paali is much easier esp to those that will like to live here permanently and those intending to come in just for a year program.Do your research well,you will recognize the importance of this advice later.

Paali means green card shey? But shebi if paali hard to get frm one pronvince, den na to port go another one na or am I missing sumtin?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 23, 2014
Omo mehhnnn! This thread dey run oo.. *observing mode*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 12:31am On Aug 23, 2014
Asalyn: Anyone headin to centennial college?...av sum questions I wanna ask...tnx

wat is it u need to ask bro/sis?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 23, 2014
Yep.that true.u can relocate to another province but the thing is some province will want u to study in their province,that way it makes it easier.I will give an example I know of a province that will allow u submit your application after 6 months of working as long as u study in their province.That same province requires peeps that studied in another province and relocated to their province to work 2 years bfor bn considered at all.

Paali means green card shey? But shebi if paali hard to get frm one pronvince, den na to port go another one na or am I missing sumtin?[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 23, 2014
OkekeChristian: I can't believe that I'be been oblivious of the existence of such a nice thread.
I need advice from someone who's ezperienced a similar situation. I desire to study in Canada for an Undergraduate course; however, I was told that my father's bank statement ought to read upwards of 10million naira.
The main issue is leaving the country. I don't think after that, that my dad would need to worry himself concerning my tuition and expenses, as I'm both prudent in spending, diligent in work and versatile in skills.
Don't mind me, I always love to elaborate matters. I just need help and/or advice from somewhere. I know it's somewhere out there.
Thanks in advance.

Ok, but you've really not asked any question.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 23, 2014
That untrue.each situation is different.I know of someone that came here to study wt just 3.5m balance in his dads bank account but the account shows money coming out and going in regularly.canada is not all about money,unlike uk.i know of someone too that has over 20m but he was refused so keep your fingers crossed.it not all about money,I think they are much more interested in your purpose of going to their country and what you plan doing with the knowledge you gain from studying abroad.i personally recommend to people to include a statement/letter in their application(I did that and I know a few people that did that too),just an insight into who you are and what your plans are,remember only some few people get interviewed most peeps are non appearance.I see that as an avenue to present your case to the officer. .
OkekeChristian: I can't believe that I'be been oblivious of the existence of such a nice thread.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 1:00am On Aug 23, 2014
Ottawaguy: Yep.that true.u can relocate to another province but the thing is some province will want u to study in their province,that way it makes it easier.I will give an example I know of a province that will allow u submit your application after 6 months of working as long as u study in their province.That same province requires peeps that studied in another province and relocated to their province to work 2 years bfor bn considered at all.

Paali means green card shey? But shebi if paali hard to get frm one pronvince, den na to port go another one na or am I missing sumtin?

Hmm.. Interesting... Okay, I get... Hopefully we can open another nairaland thread for paali.. wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 1:02am On Aug 23, 2014
My youngest bro application was refused, i can't recollect the exact word used but just a column or two was ticked, it has to do with something like "possibility of him coming back home after his study/his financial stand". Though i made a gross error in the application, i never uploaded the tuition receipt + just only 1st page of the SOA was uploaded, i thought those docs will be collected during biometrics.
We plan to reapply adding an updated SOA with close to 5m closing balance, about 3landed properties, 2 in Ibeju, 1 in IB, the four worth over 5m too, add the receipt of the tuition and add a letter of explanation about his interest to study his particular course and urge to serve in the NYSC.
Pls are we good to go with the above?
Your input will is highly appreciated.
I now knoe how to merge multiple documents together.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 1:18am On Aug 23, 2014
ManTiger: My youngest bro application was refused, i can't recollect the exact word used but just a column or two was ticked, it has to do with something like "possibility of him coming back home after his study/his financial stand". Though i made a gross error in the application, i never uploaded the tuition receipt + just only 1st page of the SOA was uploaded, i thought those docs will be collected during biometrics.
We plan to reapply adding an updated SOA with close to 5m closing balance, about 3landed properties, 2 in Ibeju, 1 in IB, the four worth over 5m too, add the receipt of the tuition and add a letter of explanation about his interest to study his particular course and urge to serve in the NYSC.

Seems uve covered all issues dat caused d delay... U can also add a letter from sponsor stating y he/she wants to sponsor him.. Also state d value of d landed properties in d sponsor letter (cos dats wot I did).. And remember prayers too.. All d best sir..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 23, 2014
Sorry to hear about your bro refusal.have seen peeps reapply and approved the second time.try to get everything they pointed out sorted out.the tough one is how to prove he will be coming back home..they point to that a lot .the financial issue can be easily fixed but the other issue is tough to argue more so when it's non appearance.make sure u include any school fee receipt in the application, I recommend to people to pay something after securing admission even if it 2k dollars or how else can you prove seriousness if u intend leaving naija without paying a dime.it simply mins u can land in Canada and head elsewhere instead of school then...wish your bro all the best.
ManTiger: My youngest bro application was refused, i can't recollect the exact word used but just a column or two was ticked, it has to do with something like "possibility of him coming back home after his study/his financial stand". Though i made a gross error in the application, i never uploaded the tuition receipt + just only 1st page of the SOA was uploaded, i thought those docs will be collected during biometrics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 1:23am On Aug 23, 2014
Beamn4real:

Seems uve covered all issues dat caused d delay... U can also add a letter from sponsor stating y he/she wants to sponsor him.. Also state d value of d landed properties in d sponsor letter (cos dats wot I did).. And remember prayers too.. All d best sir..
Thanks boss for your inputs, how soon can we reapply? Though his schl starts by jan.
Pls kindly help me with the tips of the sponsor letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 23, 2014
Prayer is key...very important.Make sure u enjoy your stay in Toronto.
Beamn4real:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 1:25am On Aug 23, 2014
Ottawaguy: Sorry to hear about your bro refusal.have seen peeps reapply and approved the second time.try to get everything they pointed out sorted out.the tough one is how to prove he will be coming back home..they point to that a lot .the financial issue can be easily fixed but the other issue is tough to argue more so when it's non appearance.make sure u include any school fee receipt in the application, I recommend to people to pay something after securing admission even if it 2k dollars or how else can you prove seriousness if u intend leaving naija without paying a dime.it simply mins u can land in Canada and head elsewhere instead of school then...wish your bro all the best.
thanks so much for your imput. I knew he could be delayed and was prepared for the outcome cos i was a novice when i first applied but thank God i see this thread!
I have to stood my feet cos there is one boy who claim to be an agent and wanted to collect 150k to do the stuff but i believe i can do it with the help of the house.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Asalyn: 1:33am On Aug 23, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
pyhz:
Tryin to apply for a fast track program against winter intake but der is no segment on d application form requesting for mode of payment details I.e MasterCard, Visa card etc...so juz wondering on how to pay the application fee..tnx
wat is it u need to ask bro/sis?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 23, 2014
You welcome.i don't support paying anybody(agent or educational agency).Collate your docs,make sure everything is arranged in order and complete and proceed to submit.Back it up with prayers.I collated and submitted my application myself then there was no Vfs I had to go their office physically in Anifowose to submit my application.The idea of giving someone money doesn't cut it for me.agent doesn't increase the chance of getting the visa what increases it is getting all docs and acts right.best wishes once again to your bro.
ManTiger:
thanks so much for your imput. I knew he could be delayed and was prepared for the outcome cos i was a novice when i first applied but thank God i see this thread!
I have to stood my feet cos there is one boy who claim to be an agent and wanted to collect 150k to do the stuff but i believe i can do it with the help of the house.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 1:58am On Aug 23, 2014
Kaurdeh:

same here, plz can someone intimate me wit d needful infos cos my Spirit & Soul no dey naija again o... Thanks peeps!

Then take your time to read it. You need to learn to read.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 2:02am On Aug 23, 2014
Amefrica:

Average cost of living stipulated by CIC I think is $10000. Yes, you can get a job as a student and you can only work 20hrs/week during school sessions and (full-time) 40hrs/week during holidays..

They have changed this rule since June 1st. Graduate student can work only 20 hours off campus all year round and you can work on campus for as much as you can but you must perform academically too.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 2:06am On Aug 23, 2014
Ottawaguy what do you think about manitoba?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 2:08am On Aug 23, 2014
saxywale:
depends on the province and town really. in a place like calgary or Edmonton, that amount won't even pay only your house rent for a year.

Seriously I do not agree. You can get shared apts for as little as $400 and averagely it is about $500 - $550 monthly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 2:10am On Aug 23, 2014
twaintoy: done, waiting for reply.

I will check but I don't think I check that email often. What's app me on either of my numbers will be more effective.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 2:13am On Aug 23, 2014
Greetings to the house..

I wanna apply to any college or university in Canada with low tuition and which is not a RED FLAG .. can I get suggestions please?

Someone mentioned u can get permanent residence easier in some province, please which places are u referring to.?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 23, 2014
Manitoba is not a bad province.it one of the western ones but u must be prepared for cold.when I say cold I min freezing COLD(same for anyone heading to Saskatchewan)!!!i will recommend the western province to anyone the likes of Alberta,Sakatchewan,Manitoba and maybe British Columbia( cost of living is a bit on d high side on bc though).the duration of your program too is important..it depends on different factors but manitoba is okay but if u like hustle and bustle life.....find your way to Ontario.
tokiniofficial: Ottawaguy what do you think about manitoba?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 2:18am On Aug 23, 2014
charles316:

Thanks for responding. I guess I need to apply to see if I may be considered.

@slimdel,thanks too for ur advice

I will suggest you write the Graduate Program Coordinator of your course of choice to determine if you will be considered before going ahead to apply because each application cost some CAD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 2:21am On Aug 23, 2014
miketayo:

I also got admission in lambton college.. I ll advice you to pay at least d first sem tuition fees. you ll have to submit the receipt of the fees in the embassy. As for visa I ll advice u to find a good agent for that. are u applying for September or Jan intake?

Why advise he gives money to agents when he can do it himself.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 2:28am On Aug 23, 2014
biikeys:

Hello Mr. GboyegaD

Hi Biikeys. Trust things are going on well with you and all that concerns you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 2:33am On Aug 23, 2014
miketayo:

lol.. pg diploma is only for students that have completed their masters. PhD shocked ? PhD takes forever to get admission in any country. took my gf, in india, 3 years to get her admission. Unless i do it in Nigeria. think i ll write that convincing Letter u suggested grin

Oga, how do you mean PhD admits take forever? Its all about applying at the right tine which is usually between September and late January in most cases. If you are considering a PhD, now is the best time to start.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 2:33am On Aug 23, 2014
Ottawaguy: Manitoba is not a bad province.it one of the western ones but u must be prepared for cold.when I say cold I min freezing COLD(same for anyone heading to Saskatchewan)!!!i will recommend the western province to anyone the likes of Alberta,Sakatchewan,Manitoba and maybe British Columbia( cost of living is a bit on d high side on bc though).the duration of your program too is important..it depends on different factors but manitoba is okay but if u like hustle and bustle life.....find your way to Ontario.

I'm already booked for Manitoba, didn't get enough infor before choosing it. Just hope I'm gonna like it there cos I hardly see peeps here heading that direction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 23, 2014
Some people are okay paying agents.let everyone decide what they think will work for them.by the way Lambton is a good college.it in Sarnia,Ontario.the good thing is it shares border with USA .therefore,u can stand in downtown Sarnia and be looking at USA just across.it is not a too big city though cos I believe it around 80k population and most are oyinbo sha o but you will not be disappointed.Also,cost of accommodation and transportation is reasonable compared to bigger cities.
GboyegaD:

Why advise he gives money to agents when he can do it himself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.