Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,281 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (825261 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by elvis10ten(m): 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
how much does it cost to get a visa and the flight fee (any company) ? then how much does it cost to live a very small life (just your basic needs like food, house, etc) for a month ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
miketayo:

A diploma in computer programming, u require a 12th grade or waec result to get admission for this course. i had previously done B.Sc and M.Sc computer Science from University of Pune (India).

@amefrica @slimdel and anyone here your inputs please.. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
miketayo:

A diploma in computer programming, u require a 12th grade or waec result to get admission for this course. i had previously done B.Sc and M.Sc computer Science from University of Pune (India).

Here is where I think the red flag is, you have a bsc and MSC then you going for a diploma. The vo would want to know why you're going for something lesser and not higher. Did you write a statement of purpose to explain why you're going for a diploma despite your other qualifications?

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Chatters(f): 9:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
deebsman1:

Its Jan am applying for and am also planning on paying the 1st semester tuition b4 applying. but why agents?? the charges those agents are asking is just too outrageous, imagine an agent wan collect close to 400k..........."can't somebody apply by 1 self directly??"

Don't pay any agent for what you can do yourself. Don't listen to any body advising you to pay an agent. The person advising you used an agent yet he was refused. Here in this thread we believe in doing it ourselves. NO SOLICITING FOR AGENTS. Every information you need to succeed is here. This thread is more powerful and informative than you can ever imagine.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by biikeys(m): 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
twaintoy: done, waiting for reply.

Hello Mr. GboyegaD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 9:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
miketayo:

If am getting dis correctly, u mean afta having Bsc n MSci in computer science u want to go for a diploma in comp programming, haba! If u b d V.O won't u think the person wants to Ben Johnson (run away) from Nija!?

Oga u really need to convince d VO wt a gud SOP, infact if i b VO,e go difficult for u to convince me o. This is purely my take o

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by miketayo(m): 9:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
tnuola:

Here is where I think the red flag is, you have a bsc and MSC then you going for a diploma. The vo would want to know why you're going for something lesser and not higher. Did you write a statement of purpose to explain why you're going for a diploma despite your other qualifications?

thought of that too.. tankx bruv. is it fine if i change the course to a PG diploma in information technology
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Chatters(f): 9:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
miketayo:

A diploma program with all your qualifications is simply a red flag. Your agent should have told you this. This is why I hate agents. They are only interested in your money.
Your refusal was based on purpose of visit because the VO strongly feels you just want to run away from Nigeria by all means. You have not convinced him you are there to study. Imagine yourself in the VO's shoes. Would you grant visa to someone with MSc to go do diploma course mostly reserved for fresh secondary school leavers? You will need to work hard to convince the VO of your real intension here. Your best bet would be to go for MSc or even a PhD. Back it up with a good SOP and the VO will know you mean business. Going back there with your diploma admission letter would be shooting yourself in the leg.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
tnuola:

hahahahhaha the bros dey dare the V.O o

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deebsman1(m): 9:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Chatters:

Don't pay any agent for what you can do yourself. Don't listen to any body advising you to pay an agent. The person advising you used an agent yet he was refused. Here in this thread we believe in doing it ourselves. NO SOLICITING FOR AGENTS. Every information you need to succeed is here. This thread is more powerful and informative than you can ever imagine.

I am applying for a post graduate diploma, just as no canadian uni is accepting a 2-2 for m.sc, age very late 20's with 2 yrs work experience, sponsored....from experience of earlier peeps here, i belief i should have a beta chance or hustling for UK normal M.sc jeje. more advice, been gbaduing peeps advice for dis place so far smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
cronsberg: Nigerians like making things difficult for themselves i swear. I just marvel at the comments of people in here. Everyone keeps asking what to do, how to do it, which documents to present, how to apply e.t.c e.t.c . The whole thing is very easy people. Just go to CIC website, take an eligibility test, a result will be displayed showing which documents to submit, how to submit it. Then you just gather those documents and proceed to the application proper. THATS ALL.
Forget what people tell you on NL, they make it seem like hell, they make you waste time looking for documents that the embassy didn't ask you to come with, they make you feel afraid of the whole process as if you're applying to enter heaven or something, whereas applying for a visa should be a fun and easy thing. To tell you how must people on NL don't even know the real visa application process themselves, a commenter was advising a naive individual that the visa waiting time is 2 months, when infact the wait times indicated on the CIC website(the authority involved) is max 34 days(mind you, you could even be given visa within a week or two), but people here make you so unnecessarily worried and afraid.

You want real visa application procedures and which documents to present? go to CIC.

En en!? I think u ar mistaken sir, there are some docs u will need to further proof ur eligibility dat ar nt listed on cic website. A coach is very important

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
jjwaterfalls:

Thanks a lot. I was almost thinking I was 4goten.
Pls is a person is alrEady a nurse and wants to comE ovEr to do a rEgistered Nurse/ bachElor in sci in nursing which is usually duration of 1 or 2yrs, do u no d lEast amt 4 tuition fEEs, cos I hav gonE thru a lot of wEbsites and all I can see is 2 million and abovE pEr year.

Sorry most health related courses are costly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
miketayo:

thought of that too.. tankx bruv. is it fine if i change the course to a PG diploma in information technology

Lol.. There's a (f) after my moniker.. I'll advice you not to do any thing diploma with your bsc and MSC.. Dont u want a PhD ni.. If by all means you want a diploma u could do the info tech and write a convincing sop on why you're doing that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Chatters(f): 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
deebsman1:

I am applying for a post graduate diploma, just as no canadian uni is accepting a 2-2 for m.sc, age very late 20's with 2 yrs work experience, sponsored....from experience of earlier peeps here, i belief i should have a beta chance or hustling for UK normal M.sc jeje. more advice, been gbaduing peeps advice for dis place so far smiley

Getting an MSc with 2.2 may be tough unless you opt for the course based option which is a little less stressful. Post graduate diploma is very okay. Your age doesn't matter if you are going for a higher degree like PGD, masters etc. I would advice you try applying for a course bases masters and also try for a PGD. Once you get your admission you can then apply with strong supporting documents. You will always be guided in this thread every step of the way. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
cronsberg: Nigerians like making things difficult for themselves i swear. I just marvel at the comments of people in here. Everyone keeps asking what to do, how to do it, which documents to present, how to apply e.t.c e.t.c . The whole thing is very easy people. Just go to CIC website, take an eligibility test, a result will be displayed showing which documents to submit, how to submit it. Then you just gather those documents and proceed to the application proper. THATS ALL.
Forget what people tell you on NL, they make it seem like hell, they make you waste time looking for documents that the embassy didn't ask you to come with, they make you feel afraid of the whole process as if you're applying to enter heaven or something, whereas applying for a visa should be a fun and easy thing. To tell you how must people on NL don't even know the real visa application process themselves, a commenter was advising a naive individual that the visa waiting time is 2 months, when infact the wait times indicated on the CIC website(the authority involved) is max 34 days(mind you, you could even be given visa within a week or two), but people here make you so unnecessarily worried and afraid.

You want real visa application procedures and which documents to present? go to CIC.
34 days in Nigeria? A week or two? For those that applied in Nigeria? *smh*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by miketayo(m): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
tnuola:

Lol.. There's a (f) after my moniker.. I'll advice you not to do any thing diploma with your bsc and MSC.. Dont u want a PhD ni.. If by all means you want a diploma u could do the info tech and write a convincing sop on why you're doing that

lol.. pg diploma is only for students that have completed their masters. PhD shocked ? PhD takes forever to get admission in any country. took my gf, in india, 3 years to get her admission. Unless i do it in Nigeria. think i ll write that convincing Letter u suggested grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
deebsman1: hello House, pls i want to rely on this thread for information flow from the experienced gurus in-here as i want to embark on my Canada student visa application cos i don't have any money i can give to an agent, i belief i should be good going at the whole visa application and processing stuffs myself. I already have an offer from Lambton College.
I want to know what the next move should be, is it paying the initial deposit stated on the admission letter first before applying for visa or i can go all the way applying for visa b4 the payment.
And also, pls can some1 put me through the initial process of applying for the visa? pls everything from the basics, like a novice that i am grin
POINT TO NOTE: AM WORKING TOWARDS JANUARY

1) U dnt av to pay ur tuition fee,if lambton does nt expressly mandate u to pay
2) Its nt compulsory u use an agent but u can if u have money to throw arund
3) to start ur app, go to cic website n create a checklist by answering the eligibility questions
4) afta dat, secure all d required docs
5) get a mastercard n fund it for payment
6) apply online n pay wt ur mastercard
(seek help as ur progress o)
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by miketayo(m): 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
chichi89: 34 days in Nigeria? A week or two? For those that applied in Nigeria? *smh*

yeah, could be true, but can also take 3 months. BTW not less than 30 days
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cronsberg: 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
chichi89: 34 days in Nigeria? A week or two? For those that applied in Nigeria? *smh*

Yes. It depends on the visa category you are applying for though. Check the visa wait time at the lagos VAC under cic website
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deebsman1(m): 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
Chatters:

Getting an MSc with 2.2 may be tough unless you opt for the course based option which is a little less stressful. Post graduate diploma is very okay. Your age doesn't matter if you are going for a higher degree like PGD, masters etc. I would advice you try applying for a course bases masters and also try for a PGD. Once you get your admission you can then apply with strong supporting documents. You will always be guided in this thread every step of the way. Good luck.

pls any suggestion as to where and which skul in canada where i can apply for the course based M.sc option as u rightly suggested. have searched everywhere for long but can't just seem to find 1. i did Computer Science first degree, 2.95 cgpa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
cronsberg:

Yes. It depends on the visa category you are applying for though. Check the visa wait time at the lagos VAC under cic website
Now I get. You should have included that (visa category) in your epistle too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
cronsberg:

Mr Cronsberg, pls wat ar u driving at?

Having gone tru dis thread extensively, dia ar so many pple who followed dat checklist generated on cic website n were denied visa,till dey came here n were told to include SOP n dey later got dia visa, abi SOP dey ur on own checklist?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
miketayo:

yeah, could be true, but can also take 3 months. BTW not less than 30 days
ok.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Chatters(f): 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2014

Please don't mislead anyone with the information you pasted here. Wait times for student visas differs depending on country. It appears you didn't do your research well. Nigeria has a wait time of 4 months. Perhaps the information you got was for another country. Next time, do some intensive research before pasting information you know little or nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
emperoracro:

Mr Cronsberg, pls wat ar u driving at?

Having gone tru dis thread extensively, dia ar so many pple who followed dat checklist generated on cic website n were denied visa,till dey came here n were told to include SOP n dey later got dia visa, abi SOP dey ur on own checklist?
That's what people don't get. The cic website alone isn't enough. Nairaland is useful because one can get an extensive list of docs to submit. At least I found it very helpful when I applied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 10:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Slimdel:
Are there benefits of front page please enlighten me

Lmao.... Slimdel u so funny..... But seriously doh will like to knw as well

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
luvly3:

Lmao.... Slimdel u so funny..... But seriously doh will like to knw as well

hahahhahahhahhahahaha
benfit is more visits
n more questions as someone said earlier
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Chatters(f): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
deebsman1:

pls any suggestion as to where and which skul in canada where i can apply for the course based option as u rightly suggested. have searched everywhere for long but can't just seem to find 1. i did Computer Science first degree, 2.95 cgpa

Use Google. Or better still go back about 5 pages on this thread you will see a link on all universities and colleges in Canada. Go through them and know which ones offers your course of choice. I think its aucc.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
chichi89: That's what people don't get. The cic website alone isn't enough. Nairaland is useful because one can get an extensive list of docs to submit. At least I found it very helpful when I applied.

Abi o my sister, i dnt knw y some pple lik wahala
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
okay tgank you very much i wiukd keep praying
miketayo:

I think you r good.. Keep praying though, u should get a call for med soon.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
miketayo:

yeah its crazy i paid 300k for mine.. but most people that apply themselves get refusal. just to increase ur chances.they list all d docs u need online, but the embassy ll expect more than the list we see online. So agents are just to be on a safer side.
will advice u to apply before the end of October cos it takes about 2 months for your visa to be processed

U paid 300k keh?? Pls anyone looking for an agent, holla me.. Just 299k.. grin

But on a more serious note, u really don't need an agent for visa application.. With d wealth of info available here.. All u need do is take out a nice weeknd, and read all d info frm part 4 (dnt hav to read all).. Trust me, u will get ur TRV in ur next application... Only approach agents if u knw u dnt hav d luxury of time.. And always remember darisGod.. So say ur prayers too.. All d best.. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
tnuola:

@tnuola u're very funny @ the above... grin grin shey Ph.D na by force ni... Moreso you didn't consider the hassles of getting a supervisor... Think Msc is his best bet, of course with a strong SOP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.