Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (26181 Views)

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ceasare: 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
The same thing happen in all LGAs in Lagos state just last week I saw in punch the chairman of ajeromi ifelodun LGA put up advert in the punch highlighting roads he did in that LGA.if I don't know of any of the other roads I knw of one Akogun road that wasn't don't until d people in the neighbourhood protested to the LGA only to be told by the chairman that by their records the road as been tarred whereas d contractor only demolished peoples fences and left never to return.did the chairman bothered to go check the work(that's story for another day that's even if hes not d contractor himself or his proxies).after much much the contractor only poured tarr on d road and they poured granite on top and that was it ...road finished.no drainage or culvert reconstruction,no asphalt laying

Last bullet people in that ejigbo or anywhere else in Lagos should do a small video of the road and upload on YouTube or other social medium to embarras the chairman then LASG will come hard on d chairman and you will see expedited action on those roads.

My 20kobo.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by davades(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
redcliff: The day i went to ejigbo to visit someone, i did not know that there was this particular road that was never passed in years and i asked someone and he said i could go. If not that i went with an SUV, i think the water would have swallowed the car and its my mother's car.. wetin i for tell am? She said i should go and drop my things in scul and i branch ejigbo i no tell am...i vowed never to go to ejigbo after that day again.. Ejigbo is the kind of place that where you are, you think you are in one remote village in ilesha..its sad really....one of the things i think is the main problem there ia that there is no functional drainage system in the whole of the area.

Tufiakwaa!
funny enough it is rare u see dis kinda thing in some remote area or villages
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by 360musicng(m): 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
am in the east.... how's this my business? #next
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
Firefire:

DESTROYED shocked

That would be too cruel sad
the only local governments in lagos that should be spared are surulere, ibeju-lekki, lagos island, eti-osa, ikeja LGA and maybe amuwo-odofin, others are slums.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
Qelvin: typical yoruba enclave, inbred pigs.

I hope that comment has improved your life.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by anonimi: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
sarutobie:
oh ho!? it is beginning to sink in, I have been saying it here on Nairaland and everywhere a discourse on these issues are brought up. the LGAs have been getting away with a lot of bullshit in this country. people are always wailing "our leaders" forgetting that the local government chairmen are the closest arm of leadership to the people, it is the local government who actually know the people's plight not the people in aso rock.when they fail the people, there is only little the federal AND state government can do..c[b]harity begins at home, until we begin to see the development and progress of this country as a collective duty, only then can we begin to move towards a better Nigeria[/b].

Thank you very much for your concise points.
For those in doubt about the stark CORRUPTION at the LGA level, just remember:

N10.8b Lagos funds released

LAGOS State won yesterday its four- year battle for its seized local government funds. The struggle ended quietly, with the President directing the Accountant-General of the Federation to immediately release the N10.829,527,300.43 (N10.8 billion) withheld by the Obasanjo administration.

The amount to be remitted, however, falls short of the state’s expectation.

The fund, which had been subject of court cases and mediation, was withheld by the past administration, following the creation of 36 new local governments in Lagos State.

The insistence of the state not to yield to the directive of the Federal Government to cancel the new local governments attracted the withholding of funds meant for the 20 existing local governments.

At the height of the tussle, the state reversed the creation of the local governments but this did not appease the former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, who was bent on holding back the funds, even with the Supreme Court’s pronouncement that the money be released.

The seizure of the fund, according to former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu caused untold hardship.

President Umaru Yar’Adua’s directive to the Accountant-General yesterday, according to presidential spokesman Olusegun Adeniyi, follows his (the President’s) consultations within the agencies and institutions of the government.

He was also quick to add that the amount to be remitted fell short of what Lagos was demanding.

Explaining the difference, Adeniyi said: "the Federal Government is paying the exact amount withheld, excluding interest, as demanded by the state government.

"Lagos was asking for interest, which is not going to be granted because the money was not put into an interest-yielding account. But the important thing is that the President sought the opinions of all the relevant ministries on whether it is legal to hold this money and they all said that it is illegal. So, why do we hold on to it?"

From: http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=26054

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
anonimi:

What do you mean by calling Ogun state
Amunisin (Enslavement) People's Congress, APC is also in charge there with Amosun building narrow bridge for N9 billion shocked shocked

Meanwhile OP thanks a lot for your eReport with pictures o jare. Seeing is believing as we plenty wey our hidden names na Thomas cheesy
Over 15 years of progreTHIEF administrations and some N500 billion annual state budget plus multiple billions of LGA budgets see what we have angry
For those who think this is exclusive to Ejigbo, you are on to a long thing. Roughly 80% of Lagos state is like that: shocked shocked

Only Time shall tell... 2015 on our mind... APC better start doing something now, because last minutes caricature would not help them.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
anonimi:

Thank you very much for your concise points.
For those in doubt about the stark CORRUPTION at the LGA level, just remember:

And where is the (N10.8 billion) angry

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by anonimi: 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
Qelvin: typical yoruba enclave, inbred pigs.

As if your own area, whatever tribe you are from, is any better angry
Rather than emulate the yorubas to also hold your useless governor and LGA chairman accountable you are here doing arrant tribalism that serves no purpose- silly e-goat.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by PerfectFortune: 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
hayoakins: Lagos is working grin

I hate PDP or is it FiDeeFi but if and if Jimi should win their primaries, the useless PDP has my vote and I hope he will continue the developmental efforts of this incubent governor even though Fashola has not really been doing anything wonderful lately undecided

#Team_Vote_for_Personality_not_the_Party

#teamvotejimiagbaje #teamvotepersonality
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by anonimi: 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Firefire:

And where is the (N10.8 billion) angry

Maybe EkoOle knows...............BTW has anyone seen him around here

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
OP thanks for this thread. Fashola's government is concentrating majorly in Ikeja,VI,Lekki and some part of Surulere. APC government has failed Lagos state and some part of the west. A party that is noted for sewing Uniforms for agbero's in Lagos State and causing confusion here and there. What happened in Osun state on saturday was because PDP candidate wasn't credible and the indigenes never wanted him so they voted Aregbesola and not APC because most people are already tired of that party.

I wish people from other areas of Lagos State can as well create threads like this so we can know the rate at which APC government has failed Lagos State. Except PDP doesn't have a credible candidate for the 2015 Election that's when APC will win Lagos state but if not,na osa big time for them. Recently they reversed LASU school fees which to me is their election strategy which will never work for them. We need change in government and that's what will happen come 2015.

5 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ceasare: 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: the only local governments in lagos that should be spared are surulere, ibeju-lekki, lagos island, eti-osa, ikeja LGA and maybe amuwo-odofin, others are slums.

Take amuwo odofin out of the equation pls left for festac and mile 2 estate wch is fairly ok road wise the rest Na eye,mouth,nose even legsore. Check out the roads in satellite town,Maza maza ,oluti ,agboju and alakija am talking abt d interior roads not old ojo rd o! Abule ado go down u will shake head .I knw fashola is trying but d LGA chairman they r just conduit siphoning money off.
Even some of the roads in festac just fixed by LSPWC and the LGA arnd march/April such as road linking 21rd n 3rd avenue u nid see pothole for middle,agboju market both t-junction by 2nd av and the road passing through d market Na gbeu!!! 402 rd link by 402rd market u will think metteorite land at the middle yet lga tout goes there to collect parking fees.

Anybody staying in festac can puncture my lies!!

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by redcliff: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
davades: funny enough it is rare u see dis kinda thing in some remote area or villages

You are right. Even if its not tarred but atleast, its levelled and motorable. This one isnt..
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
ceasare:

Take amuwo odofin out of the equation pls left for festac and mile 2 estate wch is fairly ok road wise the rest Na eye,mouth,nose even legsore. Check out the roads in satellite town,Maza maza ,oluti ,agboju and alakija am talking abt d interior roads not old ojo rd o! Abule ado go down u will shake head .I knw fashola is trying but d LGA chairman they r just conduit siphoning money off.
Even the roads in festac just fixed
boss, that was the reason i added maybe, even itire, odo-eran, ijeshatedo part of surulere LGA are all eyersore.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by texazzpete(m): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
God bless the OP for showing the plight of the people of Ejigbo, suffering years of neglect at the hands of the overhyped Gov Fashola and his incompetent crony, the local govt chairman.

I see the horrible state of roads there when I go visiting my in laws. APC does not deserve a single vote from that area.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
Firefire:
All angry defender angry of democracy where are you

Ekoile1
Ekoile1
Aresa
Aresa
Barcanista

And all others… appear and defend your master.

angry

Who's my master?
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Omexonomy: Berem open such topic but she refuses to take pictures in oder not to make her paymaster a laughing stock.
grow some sense please!! I didn't take pictures that day because it was raining heavily. I promised to go back to Ejigbo but I haven't passed that area since then. Someone else posted pictures of bad roads from that area on my thread.
Kehinde Bamigbetan needs to be kidnapped again. He is a total failure!

Dude,stop spamming my mentions with your foolishness please!

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
anonimi:

Maybe EkoOle knows...............BTW has anyone seen him around here

EKOILE1, please where are you ?

Come ooo, your friends is calling you now

Will you keep quiet?? Chai, chai chai... sad

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
barcanista: Who's my master?

no vex grin

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ahaika23: 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
In the voice of Fashola, "all these pdp people spoiling things for me". They have even forced me to revert lasu school fees. mtchew.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 12:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
ahaika23: In the voice of Fashola, "all these pdp people spoiling things for me". They have even forced me to revert lasu school fees. mtchew.

Fashola, I beg do the needful.

Firefire:

Unless Lagos State Government declare a State of Emergency on all hinterland roads in Lagos.

APC is a goner in 2015.

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ednut1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eyop: OP thanks for this thread. Fashola's government is concentrating majorly in Ikeja,VI,Lekki and some part of Surulere. APC government has failed Lagos state and some part of the west. A party that is noted for sewing Uniforms for agbero's in Lagos State and causing confusion here and there. What happened in Osun state on saturday was because PDP candidate wasn't credible and the indigenes never wanted him so they voted Aregbesola and not APC because most people are already tired of that party.

I wish people from other areas of Lagos State can as well create threads like this so we can know the rate at which APC government has failed Lagos State. Except PDP doesn't have a credible candidate for the 2015 Election that's when APC will win Lagos state but if not,na osa big time for them. Recently they reversed LASU school fees which to me is their election strategy which will never work for them. We need change in government and that's what will happen come 2015.

the roads inside vi and ikoyi are also bad, except d main roads

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nastydroid(m): 12:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: bros, not only in ejigbo, go to places like mil12, kosofe, alapere, bariga, ebutemeta, iyana ipaja, agege, oshodi, isolo etc you go see the one wey pass this one.
the roads in oshodi are still better than what am seeing here
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by akpanikpe(m): 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Firefire:

Where is your village in Badagry that is better than this? Just for my knowledge...

and when last did you visit ?
Am not a native of badagry, but I reside and do my biz here, up still this hour , the entire road in this town is 80% tared and 101% better than the one I saw here on the pics @ ejigbo
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
ednut1:
the roads inside vi and ikoyi are also bad, except d main roads
yeske, you can't go to eko hotel and federal palace hotel in VI when its raining, flood will carry you into the lagoon. Amadu bello way in VI is even bad also.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Funjosh(m): 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
sandijey: Fashola has forgotten the whole of Ikotun. The streets are breaking into 2. Its so bad. Igando is relatively good. Plus the housing estate there. I am guessing someone influenced the project at Igando because that seems to be the only way development comes to certain areas. Ikotun is just terrible. From abaranje to ijegun etc. You should see what people are going through on a daily basis. Not to now talk of ejigbo.

At the bolded you are very correct, i stay close to his relative around Igando.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by strangest(m): 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
eaglechild: Chai!
OP please next time put"Viewer discretion is advised".

Eko oni ogbanje!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ahaika23: 12:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
Not seem APC apologists yet.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
Firefire:

no vex grin
Oga firefire, I am happy that someone created this thread. We are in politics to better our country and society. Kudos to PDP crew

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
ahaika23: Not seem APC apologists yet.

They will come when we are sleeping at night to read… cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
barcanista: Oga firefire, I am happy that someone created this thread. We are in politics to better our country and society. Kudos to PDP crew

We are going forward! cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Campaigning With Dog A New Campaign Strategy By APC?(Photo) / Oby Ezekwesili Gets Apology From CNBC / I Don’t Want To Be Biafra President— Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.