Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (26178 Views)

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
i have decided not to post any bad pics from lagos on this forum, if i start to post them eh, most people will prefer to stay in aba.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
sandijey: To make matters worse all the local government chairmen don't even stay at Ikotun. They abandoned their houses. Most of them stay in lekki. The roads to their houses are not motorable. My friends house at abaranje. The bus stop is called customs street. She told me how local government people came to dig gutter. They told the community that they wanted to do the gutter and the road. You won't believe this ba$tards dug the gutters to go and sell the sand. They totally destroyed the road. They didn't do any gutter nor fix the road. In fact that is what they do in Ikotun right now.you would see big lorries packing the sand. All aided by the local government chairmen.

We need to start stoning this people. We cannot start from the top. If we can start from this local government chairmen they will sit up. We have to hold this people accountable. Every month they just wait for their share of the oil money and share amongst themselves. You need to go to local government offices and see what they do. Many of them don't even come to work. They only come end of the month. Share money and go. What is so hard in doing gutter and fixing the road. Omase o.
another dimention to coruption,which one be selling of sand,sand kwa?,this is wickedness of the highest order,pls this not about party or playing politics,this is the nearest tier of govt to the poor masses,too bad

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
Firefire:

We are going forward! cool
cheesy
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by folu4real(f): 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
In Ejigbo both the road and street are bad. Those places are too local and their buildings are nothing to write home about. Gov. Fashola did not even put them in his agenda.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: i have decided not to post any bad pics from lagos on this forum, if i start to post them eh, most people will prefer to stay in aba.
You and your empty brags cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ejigbo dey for ikotun area
worst LG chairman EVER in person of Bamgbeton cry cry cry
okada from ikotun to Cele Express #500 in the morning going back #800 cry cry cry

hazyfm: hmm.. Please where is Ejigbo?

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
barcanista: You and your empty brags cheesy cheesy cheesy
brag about what, about posting pics again? na wa for this coward monkey who thinks lagos is london, it won't take me anything to snap and post pictures you knw?

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Generalkorex(m): 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
ceasare: The same thing happen in all LGAs in Lagos state just last week I saw in punch the chairman of ajeromi ifelodun LGA put up advert in the punch highlighting roads he did in that LGA.if I don't know of any of the other roads I knw of one Akogun road that wasn't don't until d people in the neighbourhood protested to the LGA only to be told by the chairman that by their records the road as been tarred whereas d contractor only demolished peoples fences and left never to return.did the chairman bothered to go check the work(that's story for another day that's even if hes not d contractor himself or his proxies).after much much the contractor only poured tarr on d road and they poured granite on top and that was it ...road finished.no drainage or culvert reconstruction,no asphalt laying

Last bullet people in that ejigbo or anywhere else in Lagos should do a small video of the road and upload on YouTube or other social medium to embarras the chairman then LASG will come hard on d chairman and you will see expedited action on those roads.

My 20kobo.

the same here in my area In lagos.
this is the 2nd contractor that will be handling the project.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
Am yet to see the input of self aclaim good governance activist Obiageli,if it about Gej she would have written 50 pages of giberish,

8 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by freshness2020: 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
Virtually almost the roads on the mainland are in a bad state... The Islanders don't have a taste of what the mainlanders are going through.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: brag about what, about posting pics again? na wa for this coward monkey who thinks lagos is london, it won't take me anything to snap and post pictures you knw?
angry angry angry
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
olaxco2f: Ejigbo dey for ikotun area
worst LG chairman EVER in person of Bamgbeton cry cry cry
okada from ikotun to Cele Express #500 in the morning going back #800 cry cry cry

bro are you saying the truth,okada 500? For this nigeria

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
barcanista: angry angry angry
na true na, i no wan derep lasgidi, na my hood be this, any which way.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: na true na, i no wan derep lasgidi, na my hood be this, any which way.
You are right. There are so many things undone in Lagos. I suppose the next administration will look into all these areas. I am more interested in the 4th Mainland Bridge as at now so as to ease traffic within lagos metropolis. How work de go?
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by mactonnyso: 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
WHY BLAME FASHOLA, like every nigerian dem dee look face to share things, fashola is only planting flowers at lekki, VGC , ikoyi and co other parts of lagos belongs to pdp.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
barcanista: You are right. There are so many things undone in Lagos. I suppose the next administration will look into all these areas. I am more interested in the 4th Mainland Bridge as at now so as to ease traffic within lagos metropolis. How work de go?
very well, thanks bro, but one thing i will add is that fashola tried to an extent, lagos cannot be built in a day. we are talking about the most populous city in africa.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Chamack: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
sandijey: Fashola has forgotten the whole of Ikotun. The streets are breaking into 2. Its so bad. Igando is relatively good. Plus the housing estate there. I am guessing someone influenced the project at Igando because that seems to be the only way development comes to certain areas. Ikotun is just terrible. From abaranje to ijegun etc. You should see what people are going through on a daily basis. Not to now talk of ejigbo.
Apart from lasu-iagndo road and igando-ikotun road, which other road is good is good in igando? Have you been to Egan? Egan road should be declared state of emergency. Alimosho and some parts of Oshodi LGA and Ojo are the worst hit, I keep hearing that lagos is working in the print medias.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by xtremeidea(m): 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
hazyfm: hmm.. Please where is Ejigbo?

Hmmm..seriously
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ramaju: 1:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
My little cousin aptly said it on his visit to Lagos. "Lagos stinks"
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by EugeneGee4(m): 1:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
TamzyTamudo: Wonder why the Oba and Local govt chairman will sit and watch this community retard to this extent,there is a saying "forward ever and backward never" but in ejigbo it is the opposite "forward never and backward ever". Smh!!!! The annoying part of the story is core ejigbo people doesn't care about this failures they still celebrate their so called oba and his associates,the lCDA chairman and other officials has this as their motto,operation I must live in lekki,what a shame.

same with Ago palace way @ okota and a lot of places in Lagos.........May God give us good LGA Chairman
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by calculusx(m): 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eyop: OP thanks for this thread. Fashola's government is concentrating majorly in Ikeja,VI,Lekki and some part of Surulere.

I don't trust any Party,be it PDP or APC. @times I asked whether people living in suburb are different species entirely.
There has never been a week I won't see cars/suvs with a pulled arm or shock absorber because of bad road(dont ask m where I live grin grin). May be I need to start taking pics whenever I come across them.
I'm a Lagosian but we all can't live on the island,there are some roads in Surulere that doesn't need an upgrade but were upgraded leaving roads with urgent attention in some other areas. We need to sleep and have a rethink cos we are all leaders of Today.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
It is very sad that we live like this in 2014.
I went trough an article on wikipedia this morning. It was about this racism sterotype. What white people "used" to think about black people as far back as 1800.

Honestly with the way we rule ourselves, our leaders, our society, our environment, it won't be to far off for white people to say, "You see it? I told you black people couldn't rule themselves". This is why they did slave trade in the first place.

Here is a picture/drawing from 1843 depicting blacks as lazy directionless people.

I'm really sorry to post this picture up as a black person myself. Wr really need to be better to ourselves and the international community.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu: Am yet to see the input of self aclaim good governance activist Obiageli,if it about Gej she will write 50 pages of giberish,

SMH
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: very well, thanks bro, but one thing i will add is that fashola tried to an extent, lagos cannot be built in a day. we are talking about the most populous city in africa.
You are right. It is not easy but we must continue to hold them accountable
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by debbie(f): 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
please oooo,who lives in AGUDA? i ran for my life the day i went there.Does it mean that the people living there will never see any good road in their lives? the roads are so bad that even your car will cry out.please Fashola should look into these roads....or sorry to say it,his tenure is almost over and these people can not say they benefited from his government.Yet some people will claim that Lagos is a mega city undecided

I was opportune to pass through mile12,just before that there is this kosofe road,where the task force and revenue touts always collect money from people .The road is so so bad that i dreaded that road.
There is this road in ketu,where you have 3 STATE OWNED NURSERY,PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL along one major road.The road where these students pass through is so bad that at times,when i drive through i see these kids passing through the dry gutter just to avoid those bad spots,even cars can not easily pass through that road.

These people need to feel the impact of the present government,else i see it as a failure
After all promises were made and never fulfilled.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
calculusx: Eyop: OP thanks for this thread. Fashola's government is concentrating majorly in Ikeja,VI,Lekki and some part of Surulere.

I don't trust any Party,be it PDP or APC. @times I asked whether people living in suburb are different species entirely.
There has never been a week I won't see cars/suvs with a pulled arm or shock absorber because of bad road(dont ask m where I live grin grin). May be I need to start taking pics whenever I come across them.
I'm a Lagosian but we all can't live on the island,there are some roads in Surulere that doesn't need an upgrade but were upgraded leaving roads with urgent attention in some other areas. We need to sleep and have a rethink cos we are all leaders of Today.

@ Calculusx my Oga where you dey live oooh that your shock absorber and arms are pulling off cheesy grin? Well am not saying we should trust PDP either but we need change in Lagos state. You are also very correct about upgrading of roads that never needed any attention all because that's an avenue to siphon money. APC has governed for 8 years,let another party be given an opportunity.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by delishpot: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
redcliff: The day i went to ejigbo to visit someone, i did not know that there was this particular road that was never passed in years and i asked someone and he said i could go. If not that i went with an SUV, i think the water would have swallowed the car and its my mother's car.. wetin i for tell am? She said i should go and drop my things in scul and i branch ejigbo i no tell am...i vowed never to go to ejigbo after that day again.. Ejigbo is the kind of place that where you are, you think you are in one remote village in ilesha..its sad really....one of the things i think is the main problem there ia that there is no functional drainage system in the whole of the area.

Tufiakwaa!

Ha ha, your oka for fo. Your secrete for open. Chei how I wish she catch you. Gobe.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
debbie: please oooo,who lives in AGUDA? i ran for my life the day i went there.Does it mean that the people living there will never see any good road in their lives? the roads are so bad that even your car will cry out.please Fashola should look into these roads....or sorry to say it,his tenure is almost over and these people can not say they benefited from his government.Yet some people will claim that Lagos is a mega city undecided

I was opportune to pass through mile12,just before that there is this kosofe road,where the task force and revenue touts always collect money from people .The road is so so bad that i dreaded that road.
There is this road in ketu,where you have 3 STATE OWNED NURSERY,PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL along one major road.The road where these students pass through is so bad that at times,when i drive through i see these kids passing through the dry gutter just to avoid those bad spots,even cars can not easily pass through that road.

These people need to feel the impact of the present government,else i see it as a failure
After all promises were made and never fulfilled.

even when i went to ladipo market on friday, i tried entering from 5star bus stop, guy!!! i was scared of taking a mitstibushi spacegear company bus through that road, it was eating up cars. still we shout EKO ONI BAJE OOOOO
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by calculusx(m): 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eyop:
@ Calculusx my Oga where you dey live oooh that your shock absorber and arms are pulling off cheesy grin?

I recently changed environment jare as owo no dey to stay banana island grin.
Not my SUV ooo but it can happen to anyone. I trust my forklift to an xtent bt machines will never tell you when they want to breakdown grin
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by aduje(m): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
Which Ejigbo be this? Osun, Oyo abi NNPC, via Isolo Lagos? grin tongue cheesy
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Eyop: 2:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
calculusx:

I recently changed environment jare as owo no dey to stay banana island grin.
Not my SUV ooo but it can happen to anyone. I trust my forklift to an xtent bt machines will never tell you when they want to breakdown grin

You don't need to stay in Banana Island na smiley. You dey hide for corner because i know you are equal to the task cheesy. However i know it's not your ride that had issues with ball joints,tie rod,shocks,etc even if it's,you are an importer and exporter of automobiles so no yawa grin grin. Abeg vote wisely come 2015 oooh
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by labiola: 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
Guys, if you want LASG to do something in your area, this is the best time for you to ask, election is coming and they really need our votes, I suggest that we should have a pictorial view of all the bad roads in our community and post same on the social networks and send a copy to lagos state goverment's website, we can even send a copy to Fashola and tell him that if APC needs our votes next election, they should do the needful. For the so called chairmen, let all of us campaign against them in the next election. I believe that APC should not allow to win all the seat in house of assembly next year and also the chairman and councilors election should be shared among other political parties, with these things we improve in our communities.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

OPC Council Disowns Gani Adams, For Betraying Yoruba Nation / Buhari Inaugurates Ayinke Mother And Child Centre (Photos) / Darkness pervades the country as national grid collapses again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.