Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? (938 Views)

Army Alleges Sabotage By Borno Leaders / Ben Murray-Bruce Is The Most Articulate And Visionary Governorship Aspirant / Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by MarshRiley(m): 9:18am On Aug 12, 2014
Peregrino Brimah of the Every Nigerian Do Something initiative, in his article titledAs Boko Haram takes Over The North: What Northern Leadership?, says only the iron grip of a strong, "young, dynamic" men will save the region from the claws of Boko Haramand other ill-wishers.
"People usually carelessly refer to a ‘Northern leadership,’ like such body exists.
A certain spook body that sets itself up and positions itself to procure certain advantage for its people.
A so-called Northern leadership that ensured Northerners led Nigeria for about 60% of its life-span, and that this leadership hold was for their advantage, in the North that is.
"Today, as Boko Haram again seizes a huge chunk of the North and displaces thousands more farmers, the North’s only source of income, I am tempted to ask – What Northern leadership? Boko Haram has been comfortably sitting on Damboa and surrounding territories.
"We have not heard a sound from that Northern leadership as a deadly menacing army is being empowered and enabled to soon conquer their North. Northern leadership? Boko Haram killed the former Emir of Gwoza. Where was that so-called Northern leadership to ensure his killers were brought to justice? We didn’t hear a sound.
"Now, my expectations of a Northern leadership may not be clear to you. Let’s take a look at what the leadership of the APC said in reference to anticipated rigging in Osun State. The leadership said as regards that act of sabotage, that if it so happened, they will establish a parallel government in Osun. Yes, this was a brazen, spine-full, deliberate promise of serious action in the event of the electoral undermining of the people of Osun.
"This was a statement that if the people of Osun are terrorized by the government, the APC will not mind going to whatever cost to secure the rights and protection of the people. That was a leadership statement from a people concerned about an issue. So where do we see the similar leadership statements and reactions from that "Northern leadership" in answer to the arming with arsenal, APCs and tanks from the Nigerian military, of Boko Haram to displace millions of their Northern citizens (4 million farmers in latest counts) and the killing of almost 100,000?
"Where is the Northern elders’ urgent summit on the terror situation affecting the North and the deliberate resolutions to take over the security of their dying people and territory? Are the so-called Northern leaders waiting and looking for dancing Jonathan, who has done nothing toward safe-guarding the life of their citizens in 5 years so-far, except systematically transfer ammunition and vehicles of the Nigerian army to the terrorists, to suddenly turn a new leaf and help them address the crisis in their ward?
"The instance ISIS began its reign of terror in Iraq, within the first week, the religious leadership in Iraq called for the arming of civilians, to volunteer to fight. 1.5 million Civilians answered the call, and these men have been the critical resistance that prevented a globally armed and trained anti-Syria ISIS militia from conquering the entire Iraq. Where is such a call from the so-called Northern leadership? What have they done and decided must be done in the reality of the worst terror situation in the world today at home in their region in Nigeria?

I see a vacuum in the North. Some young, dynamic Northern or North-based men need to step-up and fill this vacuum, because if not, Boko Haram will continue gleefully occupying it."
What is, in your opinion, the best way to govern Northern Nigeria and eventually solve the problems of the region?I think our so called leaders from the north should think of our people first before their own selfish political ambitions

1 Like

Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2014
No. I don't think they have sense. No vision, just to tackle opposition leaders and they always support their fellow bad visionless and clueless leaders. And its the northerners giving them those opportunity, they won't protest, its as if there are no educated people in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by theSpark(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2014
Mr Peregrino is right. Northern Nigeria lacks visionary leaders not just the north but the whole of Nigeria lacks visionary leaders.

The average wealthy man up north will prefer to share money to individuals than do something for community that everyone will benefit from. I dont really see it as their fault because the average person is not visionary either. He will prefer to have it all now now and have it all to himself. Hence thinking about the future or having visions is not even considered.

Since the fruits of visionary thinking are not immediately eaten most political leaders will rather do something mediocre for their now now followers than do something superb for posterity.

A new road was built in a state and some people were grumbling and complaining and asking
"Is it the road we are going to eat?"

1 Like

Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by lilprinze: 11:19am On Aug 12, 2014
Where there is no vision, the people
perish. d northern leaders lack vision. people r destroyed 4 lack of knowledge
Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by Curlieweed: 12:00am On Aug 13, 2014
theSpark: Mr Peregrino is right. Northern Nigeria lacks visionary leaders not just the north but the whole of Nigeria lacks visionary leaders.

The average wealthy man up north will prefer to share money to individuals than do something for community that everyone will benefit from. I dont really see it as their fault because the average person is not visionary either. He will prefer to have it all now now and have it all to himself. Hence thinking about the future or having visions is not even considered.

Since the fruits of visionary thinking are not immediately eaten most political leaders will rather do something mediocre for their now now followers than do something superb for posterity.

A new road was built in a state and some people were grumbling and complaining and asking
"Is it the road we are going to eat?"

I hate hearing all these "leadership" cop out. It's usually masks a poor attempt at avoiding mass culpability for all our underdevelopment. Rather than looking at where we collectively err and looking for commonsensical solutions, we reach for the moral crutch of "failed leadership" and start wishing and hoping for the coming messiah or Mahdi who will miracleously hurl us past other countries in development.

Not gonna happen. None of the four compass points in this countries lacks an excess of leaders, self belief is the ingredient that's usually missing.
Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by jamace(m): 4:43am On Aug 13, 2014
How can the masses in the north have visionary leaders? No. Not at all. The masses there are only mobilized to riot for events happening in far away Canada, USA, Israel/Palestine e.t.c while boko haram ravages their towns. Its like the screws in the head of those northern masses are fixed to obey their looting leaders like zombies.
Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by OtunbaJega: 4:59am On Aug 13, 2014
Neither does the south east.....lol

1 Like

Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by MeAboki(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2014
OP represents an increasingly growing number of educated southern illiterates, wallowing in bigotry, often too lazy to use their brain to reason when confronted with issues requiring basic logic; but rather relying on a preloaded mindset filled with stereotypical prejudices about their northern brethrens.

I bet the OP has probably never set foot anywhere northwards beyond the shores of River Niger; yet he still feels comfortable about writing and passing judgement on a ppl and region he hardly knows let alone understands.

Evidently, the OP had not been current or keeping abreast with the subject of his interest; otherwise he would have noticed several statements and advice emanating from prominent northern elders, some even availing themselves for service on the on the ongoing problem of Boko Haram insurgency - while some have even paid with their lives.
The latest of such being an ultimatum to the president to resolve the problem by October this year; it was even covered in a here on NL yet OP remains oblivious and completely ignorant.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/11/breaking-northern-elders-give-jonathan-october-deadline-end-boko-haram-insurgency%E2%80%8B-produce-chibok-girls/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

https://www.nairaland.com/1853163/northern-elders-give-jonathan-october

In his myopic mind he expects northerners to form a parallel government (allegedly like APC threatened) and a parallel army (like the Iraqis) to fight Boko haram, forgetting that we already have a government in place and not minding why is the said govt not doing enough; and what would be the consequence of having widespread weapons within the civilian population and even more worsening of the threat to national security.

Well, if northern leaders are not visionary then what would he say about the president, the current champion from the south, apparently representing the best from what the more visionary southern region could offer; but who in reality had been more a liability than an asset, a divisive clannish leader rather than a unifying one, a man who had chosen to preside over unprecedented corruption and who himself epitomises corruption, a man working towards a place in history as the worst president Nigeria ever had, whose ineptitude and utterances along with those of his embarrassing wife is turning Nigeria into the laughing stock of the international community.

OP, charity begins at home, before you can point accusing fingers at anyone else pls start with your own, the shoeless clueless one at Aso Rock, who has been putting personal ambition over and above man and God to the extent of forgetting/ignoring his primary constitutional responsibilities - such as national security.

Pls answer this:
Are northern leaders the Commanders in Chief?
Do they have access to or manage our defence budget which runs in billions?
Do they control or have access to the security agencies or intelligence?
Do they control the Nigerian army?
Have they not been speaking against Boko Haram, and are they and their ppl not being killed like chickens without adequate protection?

Pls if you have nothing better to say, don't come here and vomit nonsensical propaganda which even you yourself cannot defend.
Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by MarshRiley(m): 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
MeAboki: OP represents an increasingly growing number of educated southern illiterates, wallowing in bigotry, often too lazy to use their brain to reason when confronted with issues requiring basic logic; but rather relying on a preloaded mindset filled with stereotypical prejudices about their northern brethrens.

I bet the OP has probably never set foot anywhere northwards beyond the shores of River Niger; yet he still feels comfortable about writing and passing judgement on a ppl and region he hardly knows let alone understands.

Evidently, the OP had not been current or keeping abreast with the subject of his interest; otherwise he would have noticed several statements and advice emanating from prominent northern elders, some even availing themselves for service on the on the ongoing problem of Boko Haram insurgency - while some have even paid with their lives.
The latest of such being an ultimatum to the president to resolve the problem by October this year; it was even covered in a here on NL yet OP remains oblivious and completely ignorant.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/11/breaking-northern-elders-give-jonathan-october-deadline-end-boko-haram-insurgency%E2%80%8B-produce-chibok-girls/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

https://www.nairaland.com/1853163/northern-elders-give-jonathan-october

In his myopic mind he expects northerners form a parallel government (allegedly like APC threatened) and a parallel army (like the Iraqis) to fight Boko haram, forgetting that we already have a government in place and not minding why is the said govt not doing enough; and what would be the consequence of having widespread weapons within the civilian population and even more worsening of the threat to national security.

Well, if northern leaders are not visionary then what would he say about the president, the current champion from the south, apparently representing the best from what the more visionary southern region could offer; but who in reality had been more a liability than an asset, a divisive clannish leader rather than a unifying one, a man who had chosen to preside over unprecedented corruption and who himself epitomise corruption, a man working towards a place in history as the worst president Nigeria ever had, whose ineptitude and utterances along with those of his embarrassing wife is turning Nigeria into the laughing stock of the international community.

OP, charity begins at home, before you can point accusing fingers at anyone else pls start with your own, the shoeless clueless one at Aso Rock, who has been putting personal ambition over and above man and God to the extent of forgetting/ignoring his primary constitutional responsibilities - such as national security.

Pls answer this:
Are northern leaders the Commanders in Chief?
Do they have access to or manage our defence budget which run in billions?
Do they control or have access to the security agencies or intelligence?
Do they control the Nigerian army?
Have they not been speaking against Boko Haram, and have they and their ppl not being killed like chickens without adequate protection?

Pls if you have nothing better to say, don't come here and vomit nonsensical propaganda which even you yourself cannot defend.
I wasn't going to reply anybody here but I think its necesarry I clear somethings from your head
1.Am a northerner
2.I school in the north
3.I live in the north
4.Because of your silly way of reasoning,you think anybody that critices the north is a southerner...
You need to grow up and widen your knowledge,am sure that'll help you
*signing out*
Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by LoveDecay(m): 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
OtunbaJega: Neither does the south east.....lol

Ojukwu had vision ... He had his sights set on ivory coast and a his pals daughter.

Major Nzeogwu had vision, the first coup in Nigeria which is actually the reason this country is having issues.

Ooh the East's, adopted son Ebele Jonathan has vision but it has been postponed till 2020 like all his projects.

Please feel free to add the.very many vision of the ibo-jews Gods Chosen. grin

1 Like

Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by MeAboki(m): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
MarshRiley:
I wasn't going to reply anybody here but I think its necesarry I clear somethings from your head
1.Am a northerner
2.I school in the north
3.I live in the north
4.Because of your silly way of reasoning,you think anybody that critices the north is a southerner...
You need to grow up and widen your knowledge,am sure that'll help you
*signing out*

That makes it even worse (if you are to be believed at all) because a true northerner would not espouse such clearly naive and ridiculous sentiments against his region; neither does it however, absolve you from answering the questions posed to you.
Pls go ahead, I challenge you, prove me wrong; answer those questions and defend the drivel you wrote or else, STFU - you lying mutherfuvker!
Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by smallJagaban: 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
WHY ALWAYS THE IBO? IF IT'S NOT YORUBA, IT WILL BE HAUSA.
Re: Do The North Really Have Visionary Leaders??? by MarshRiley(m): 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
MeAboki:

That makes it even worse (if you are to be believed at all) because a true northerner would not espouse such clearly naive and ridiculous sentiments against his region; neither does it however, absolve you from answering the questions posed to you.
Pls go ahead, I challenge you, prove me wrong; answer those questions and defend the drivel you wrote or else, STFU - you lying mutherfuvker!
1.Can you tell me how the northern leaders bin incharge of the military or military budget has anytin to do with bin visionary?
2.Can you tell me how with any form of proof the northern leaders who have bin sympathizing with bokoharam and creating excuses for this sect that cnt allow us study in school in peace are speaking against BH?
3.Do u have any proof that am not a northerner?that I dnt reside and school in the north?
4.You are just a silly slowpoke who has truthphobia and cnt face facts
5.GET OFF MY BLOG

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Post!!! '12years A Slave' Under PDP Rule In IMO State. / Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors / PDP Defeats APC, Wins Niger East Senatorial By-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.