Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,488 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:32 AM

What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend (1926 Views)

See A Secret Cake A Girlfriend Sent To Married Lover To Wreck His Marriage / Im In Love With A Male Friend That Has A Girlfriend, HELP! / Girls Love Me: But I'm Too Shy To Get a Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by marveangel(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
I know that after reading this post many girls will call me sorts of names coz they are emotional creatures, they think with their heart and everything is a male-female war for them....I completely understand.....But there is one question that has being on my mind for weeks now and I just have to ask........."What is the use of a girlfriend apart from Ssex?". YES......what is the usefulness of a girlfriend apart from Ssex.......I get how a wife is useful to her husband...I totally understand that but I still don't see how a girlfriend is important to a guy...and don't start talking about her later becoming my wife...my question is Girl Friend..right now....present not future that no one is sure of. I for one I wash my clothes myself and many times I cook my meal, itz not like am expecting her to make money one day and come pay my bride price or get me a job.......I got my job myself....even the car I drive and she sometimes drive I bought myself and I fuel myself.......SO really apart from sex what else is a GF useful for.....yet she expect me to take her out regularly,buy her gifts, recharge her phone and still call her.....all this expenses and she thinks one night of sex covers it all....SMH......abeg how much Ashawo dy charge per night

5 Likes

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by MrTeymee(m): 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hmmh..stories that touch
*mak ah run warm soup ah dey come*

1 Like

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by yomi007k(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
I no know oo.
But ashawo price varies depending on her class n d location.

1 Like

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by MizMyColi(f): 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
undecided

Twisted Thinking.

What is a friend useful for? when you answer that, add "girl" before "friend"

That's a Girl-Friend undecided.

angry

Some people sef and their thinking pattern

7 Likes

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Tymax(m): 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ladies, over to you grin Defend your "usefulness" grin
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by great289(m): 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
i got ur point, buh it seems u are in the wrong r/ship.(those dt depend solely on their bf). They (nl girls) will use d last sentence in criticizn u.
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
Guy u dey para gan, if u dnt see any reason avin one, then tis upto u na..... Ashawo dey everywhr, even for ur street, u will see one but can u compare the companionship of GF to that ashawo...

1 Like

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Tymax(m): 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
MizMyColi: undecided

Twisted Thinking.

angry

This is deliberately misleading. grin Why do you need to downplay the romantic connotation of a girfriend? A girlfriend (in today's world) is not just a friend who is a girl. She must be romantically involved with a guy before she can be called such.

In this light, what then is the "benefit" of a girlfriend? grin

Disclaimer: I am not bashing girlfriends o. grin

5 Likes

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
Op has gone Mad again abi na Ebola ni ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2014

Twisted Thinking.

angry

1000 likes.

1 Like

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Dreyl(m): 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
Huh!
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Tallesty1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
If you have a girlfriend and you are not gonna marry her in the next six months-one year then you are seriously wasting your time, money and peace of mind.

Life - Gf Equals peace of mind.

And if you mistakenly invest emotionally in a woman who is not that much invested in you = DOOM.

8 Likes

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by MizMyColi(f): 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tymax:
This is deliberately misleading. grin Why do you need to downplay the romantic connotation of a girfriend? A girlfriend (in today's world) is not just a friend who is a girl. She must be romantically involved with a guy before she can be called such.

In this light, what then is the "benefit" of a girlfriend? grin

Disclaimer: I am not bashing girlfriends o. grin
The romantic part is just an added benefit, which isn't peculiar to Girl-friends. Ask the sex-workers in my area and "friends with benefit".

Perchance, you didn't know there are ways to be romantic without going all sex-y and smoochy and still be considered a Girl-Friend undecided
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Tymax(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
MizMyColi: The romantic part is just an added benefit, which isn't peculiar to Girl-friends. Ask the sex-workers in my area and "friends with benefit".
Perchance, you didn't know there are ways to be romantic without going all sex-y and smoochy and still be considered a Girl-Friend undecided
grin so what separates girlfriends from friends with benefit? The 2 groups are friends with the guy and they are romantically involved as well. grin

Okay what's your definition of a girlfriend.

3 Likes

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by MizMyColi(f): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tymax:
grin so what separates girlfriends from friends with benefit? The 2 groups are friends with the guy and they are romantically involved as well. grin
One is fair weather. The other is All Weather (or supposed to be) undecided
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Tymax(m): 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
MizMyColi: One is fair weather. The other is All Weather (or supposed to be) undecided
Which is which o? grin Cos FWB represent a "stable" arrangement.
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by MizMyColi(f): 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tymax:
Which is which o? grin Cos FWB represent a "stable" arrangement.
FWB:- So, you want to embark on a casual, no-strings attached relationship? Just sex, no emotional commitment; get in, get off, get out. Having a friend with benefits is like a dream come true to most, but that doesn't mean it can't necessarily turn into a nightmare if not handled correctly - Elitedaily.

^^^ There, that's the definition of Friends with benefit.

You should know by now, which is All weather and Fair Weather cheesy.

Or Do you want the definition of a Girl-Friend?

undecided
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Tymax(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
MizMyColi: FWB:- So, you want to embark on a casual, no-strings attached relationship? Just sex, no emotional commitment; get in, get off, get out. Having a friend with benefits is like a dream come true to most, but that doesn't mean it can't necessarily turn into a nightmare if not handled correctly - Elitedaily.

^^^ There, that's the definition of Friends with benefit.

You should know by now, which is All weather and Fair Weather cheesy.

Or Do you want the definition of a Girl-Friend?

undecided
Ɨƚa..Ɨƚa..Ɨƚa.. Madam, I need your own opinion. Besides, the definition you provided represents stability. That means I get the stuff regularly without the emotional baggage. This looks "all weather" to me o. grin

Please who is a Girl-Friend? Is she different from a girlfriend (without the dash you deliberately put there)? It seems you are trying to distinguish between the two girl friends grin
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by MizMyColi(f): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tymax:
Ɨƚa..Ɨƚa..Ɨƚa.. Madam, I need your own opinion. Besides, the definition you provided represents stability. That means I get the stuff regularly without the emotional baggage . This looks "all weather" to me o. grin

Please who is a Girl-Friend? Is she different from a girlfriend (without the dash you deliberately put there)? It seems you are trying to distinguish between the two girl friends grin
A girlfriend is a female friend, possibly specifying a female partner with whom one is romantically and/[size=14pt]or[/size] sexually involved. - wikipedia

That said, whatever rocks your boat undecided

You can't keep running from emotional baggage. That's the surest way to learn Emotional Intelligence.

@TheEmboldened gives me the impression that You're yet to, or simply do not understand what really matters.

A girlfriend (as it is supposed to be) is first and foremost your friend. Not necessarily a wife to be and should be treated like you would a friend, with respect. That said, anything else you two decide to add, which are not contained in honorable friendship codes would be termed "Your Business"

undecided
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Tymax(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
MizMyColi: A girlfriend is a female friend, possibly specifying a female partner with whom one is romantically and/[size=14pt]or[/size] sexually involved. - wikipedia

You can't keep running from emotional baggage. That's the surest way to learn Emotional Intelligence.

@TheEmboldened gives me the impression that You're yet to, or simply do not understand what really matters.

A girlfriend (as it is supposed to be) is first and foremost your friend. [size=14pt]Not necessarily a wife to be[/size] and should be treated like you would a friend, with respect. That said, anything else you two decide to add, which are not contained in honorable friendship codes would be termed "Your Business"

undecided
My sister, I do not endorse romantic relationships without possible marriage in sight. I feel it is largely meaningless to be romantically involved with someone you have no intention to marry.

Well, I think we are almost on the same page. grin
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by great289(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
MizMyColi: A girlfriend is a female friend, possibly specifying a female partner with whom one is romantically and/[size=14pt]or[/size] sexually involved. - wikipedia

A girlfriend (as it is supposed to be) is first and foremost your friend. Not necessarily a wife to be and should be treated like you would a friend, with respect. That said, anything else you two decide to add, which are not contained in honorable friendship codes would be termed "Your Business"

undecided
you are running round the bush

1 Like

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by kajoula(m): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tallesty1: If you have a girlfriend and you are not gonna marry her in the next six months-one year then you are seriously wasting your time, money and peace of mind.

Life - Gf Equals peace of mind.

And if you mistakenly invest emotionally in a woman who is not that much invested in you = DOOM.
[size=40pt]GBAM[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by jsunex(m): 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
Dnt no wat to say... in d real sense... I spend more now ooo... mak i no talk my mind too much oo she mit b on NL.
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by MizMyColi(f): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tymax:
My sister, I do not endorse romantic relationships without possible marriage in sight.I feel it is largely meaningless to be romantically involved with someone you have no intention to marry.

Well, I think we are almost on the same page. grin
and that about sums it up.
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by MizMyColi(f): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
great289:
you are running round beating about the bush smiley
No, I was merely reiterating grin
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by great289(m): 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
MizMyColi: No, I was merely reiterating grin
u didnt quote me rit?
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by marveangel(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2014

Twisted Thinking.

angry

. @ least I don't get to buy and buy and keep buying for my friends.......and they are way more grateful when I buy them beer or do little thingz dan d supposed GFs

3 Likes

Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by MizMyColi(f): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
marveangel: . @ least I don't get to buy and buy and keep buying for my friends.......and they are way more grateful when I buy them beer or do little thingz dan d supposed GFs
No! You don't have a GF, what you had/have is a GD - [size=14pt]Gold Digger![/size] Besides, undecided why date someone you have no interest in marrying? Isn't that being selfish?
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
It seems someone doesn't knw d diffrence btw a gf and sexmate..GIRL-FRIEND
BOY-FRIEND.
Op,u think aving a gf is jst to av fun and dump ha at d end of d day,well datz ur buiz,nt all guys thinks d way u do....u even gave urself a back up,sayin we sudn't say it wud lead to marriage and stuffs lyk dat,a serious minded person wudn't jst love sum1 jst be wif dem temporarily,itz one's wish to get married to ur gf/bf,bt tinz doesn't jst work out d way we want at tyms.
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by kaboninc(m): 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Personally for me, I just want a friend. Firstly a friend. Then if its possible we take it to the next level, fine. If not, we remain as good friends. I believe a relationship built on a solid foundation will stand the test of time. Wives and husbands and girlfriends and boyfriends and sugar mummies and daddies will come and go. But a good friend, will always stay. So if your boyfriend/girlfriend is truly a friend to you.... So answering the poster's question, if myself and my girlfriend are good friends, then she's of tremendous good to me. Otherwise, its useless.
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by kaboninc(m): 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
MizMyColi: No! You don't have a GF, what you had/have is a GD - [size=14pt]Gold Digger![/size] Besides, undecided why date someone you have no interest in marrying? Isn't that being selfish?
Must we all date because we want to marry?
Re: What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend by EejaNla01(m): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
I think how a typical Nigerian girl views dating and relationship is what the op has problem with,they expect you spend much money,energy and time while they sit back and return it with sex...

Guys are d cause of this,they don't mind doing all that just for sex and when their face clear and feel they are losing much they start complaining ....

however,there are still girls out there that understand how relationship and dating should be even though they are few..

you might be Lucky to meet them later on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If A Lady Tells You That She Had A Child For Another Guy After Engagement. / Are All The Girls In Nigeria Like This? / (PHOTO) Difference Between Her EX And Her Current Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.