Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI (90127 Views)

Building On Swamp, How Do I Go, Raft Or Pile? / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / Picture Of Prostrating Building At Oba Akran Ikeja Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by twinskenny(m): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2014
segcymoor:
Your analysis is absolutely correct! Virtually no structure yet within the area but bush. However, 2 structures at the vicinity is about 70 feet away. One is Burgalow and uncompleted story building with raft foundation (although yet to receive load)

On the contrary, my client appreciate our professional input and ready to go for it. Unfortunately, he has a tight and limited budget. As it stand, we are at the edge of sacrifice our profit to make this foundation done properly. .......it may sound unreasonable to you!

This is interesting
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Aventures(m): 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
OP, who did the structural design in the first place, i guess the guy did not visit the site nor carry out any soil test investigation before doing the design, and that is why all this hassles at construction stage. I appreciate your technical input in ensuring safety of the life of future occupant and your client investment. The truth of the matter is that if you have gone ahead to execute what you have in the design, in case of any eventuality you will be absolutely exonerated.

Lesson No 1: Clients please engage certified professionals for your designs and never refuse their proposal to carry out all necessary investigation in order to come up with a reasonable design. (some clients are mostly the cause of design defects, always believing that there is no big deal at design stage). Failure to get the design right will lead to wrong budgeting.

Lesson No 2: Contractors, learn from segcy more do not be greedy investigate your site very well before commencing Job.

All of us let's do it right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by prince0011: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
Please segcymoor, can you let me know which company you used for your soil test. Again, why would you want to strain yourself since your client can't afford the pile foundation? Why not just wait on your client until such as time he/she can afford it.....
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Onuokwu: 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
prince0011: Please segcymoor, can you let me know which company you used for your soil test. Again, why would you want to strain yourself since your client can't afford the pile foundation? Why not just wait on your client until such as time he/she can afford it.....

Segcy is doing this because construction gives him great joy. He is a construction man. The money will follow soon and it will pour. The old sage saying goes "do what you enjoy, and the money will follow"

By the way i am very impressed with the analysis and technical know how.

I once contracted a guy to do a soil test for me in Akoka, but he was a quack, and accoordingly recommended 12 meter piles. When they started the pile, they couldnt get good soil till about 18.5 meters in some parts of the plot and 21 meters in other parts. The plots opposite mine mean while did only 7 meter piles. With more than 25 pile points, you can imagine the effect of the unplanned expenditure on pile alone. Needless to say i took a long break after the piling because of funds shortage So it is a very tricky situation and only skilled engineeres should be trusted.

@Segcy, If your client is short of fund, piling is not where to economize o, let him do a solid job and take his time to complete the the house. God will provide.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by kkonsults: 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
[/quote]
exactly adventures
Mr segcy nice analysis, carry on
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Chekitaut: 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
This trend is becoming very interesting...much of technicality that meet practicality, Imagine this project is going to be the first Pile foundation done on NLd... Segcy you have done it several times this will not be exception, Success is sure, God will grant you fulfilled mercy and strength. By now moderator this page deserve a front page and Op should change the topics First Terrace building with Pile Foundation. Most enlighten.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:51am On Aug 19, 2014
segcymoor:
Please kindly drop contact or better still mail us @:mooredesignbuild@gmail.com
we need their permission to place their company on air. If you don't mind do send to us to get it
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:52am On Aug 19, 2014
prince0011: Please segcymoor, can you let me know which company you used for your soil test. Again, why would you want to strain yourself since your client can't afford the pile foundation? Why not just wait on your client until such as time he/she can afford it.....
segcymoor:
we need their permission to place their company on air. If you don't mind do send to us to get it
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by BRAINCRASH(m): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2014
can we see the floor plans pls,......MAHALGOLDFINGERS.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
Bros you are making sense....Meanwhile, client too should encourage the mean-contractor to do all sorts of needed PRELIMINARY ANALYSIS. With permission from segcymoore, check this tread https://www.nairaland.com/1800661/ologolo-site....coming-soon/1#25598523 to see all sorts of preliminaries done, this as in-turn give our client a clearer pictures of his conceived ideas and he his better educated.
Aventures: OP, who did the structural design in the first place, i guess the guy did not visit the site nor carry out any soil test investigation before doing the design, and that is why all this hassles at construction stage. I appreciate your technical input in ensuring safety of the life of future occupant and your client investment. The truth of the matter is that if you have gone ahead to execute what you have in the design, in case of any eventuality you will be absolutely exonerated.

Lesson No 1: Clients please engage certified professionals for your designs and never refuse their proposal to carry out all necessary investigation in order to come up with a reasonable design. (some clients are mostly the cause of design defects, always believing that there is no big deal at design stage). Failure to get the design right will lead to wrong budgeting.

Lesson No 2: Contractors, learn from segcy more do not be greedy investigate your site very well before commencing Job.

All of us let's do it right.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
@oga...infact, no technicality when it doesn't meet practicality...
Chekitaut: This trend is becoming very interesting...much of technicality that meet practicality, Imagine this project is going to be the first Pile foundation done on NLd... Segcy you have done it several times this will not be exception, Success is sure, God will grant you fulfilled mercy and strength. By now moderator this page deserve a front page and Op should change the topics First Terrace building with Pile Foundation. Most enlighten.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:33am On Aug 20, 2014
Lady and Gentlemen . Somehow, we resolved the issue with our client. Hence, It is our pleasure to inform you that we ve set to embark on piling foundation for this particular project.

2 Likes

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
We proceed with advanced investigation
...bore hole test

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
Different texture encounter in the process

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by KDK(m): 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
segcymoor: We proceed with advanced investigation
...bore hole test
is dat not checkitaut I am seeing there? Nice and interesting thread going on here. Weldone.

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by eudoh940(m): 10:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
Interesting grin grin cheesy
Still following jejely. Wash boring tinz[color=#006600][/color] grin
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by jodeci01: 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
Checking in....
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
Update:we are in the process of reviewing structural design from RAFT to PILLING
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Jarchi(m): 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
I don they miss out like seriously,bring my note ogbeni I no come lecture last class
Next pls
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
segcymoor: Update:we are in the process of reviewing structural design from RAFT to PILLING
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by twinskenny(m): 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
Moderator can you help push this to the front page please>>>

great lesson for everyone...
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:11am On Aug 23, 2014
.....still in the process.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
Good![quote author=segcymoor][/quote]
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
We set to commence piling foundation of over 40 points with 450 diameter.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
segcymoor: We set to commence piling foundation of over 40 points with 450 diameter.
I can't wait to see. I'm so excited.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by omoola007(m): 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
Oga good afternoon.

Please what's the size of the land? I want to do something similar of a 19 x 32 meter plot just past LBS on dry land, can it fly?

Thanks
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Chekitaut: 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
segcymoor: We set to commence piling foundation of over 40 points with 450 diameter.
Wait...wait...chai...chai Diairis God ooo!!! this bridge in making. Lol grin grin
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2014

Wow! That is great news.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
Summary of the report later

!

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
Soil Test Report

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 9:05am On Aug 25, 2014
I dey class ooo....
segcymoor: Soil Test Report

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
I am less busy at site and decided to ve a stroll.
In the process I came across this foundation.
From information gather this project was abandoned due to observation of settlement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Nigerchin, Kabelmetal And Coleman Cables, / Lagos School Building: Before Collapse And After The Collapse (Photos) / Architectural Design At It Best (smart Homese)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.