Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI (91959 Views)

Building On Swamp, How Do I Go, Raft Or Pile? / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / Picture Of Prostrating Building At Oba Akran Ikeja Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Beside is another project. The approach apply here is quite alarming:Having done setting out, plank was used as formwork to trench. The trench was filled with filling sand and thereafter conctrete blinding. Eventually, to put raft beam. But somehow, someone call attention of Client to order and the project was abandoned

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
Too bad for the client/contractor...what a waste of money...
segcymoor: I am less busy at site and decided to ve a stroll.
In the process I came across this foundation.
From information gather this project was abandoned due to observation of settlement.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Onuokwu: 2:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
pmil: Too bad for the client/contractor...what a waste of money...

Its better they observed it early than later. Money wastage could have been collosal. I saw a fully built and painted house on gbagada that nobody ever lived in cos it started settling before completion but everybody ignored it till it became very obvious....

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
Why do people have to buy all these water-logged lands anyway? Regardless of how rich I may become, I have vowed not to buy any water prone land. Waste of money now and later, and waste of resources.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
omoola007: Oga good afternoon.
Please what's the size of the land? I want to do something similar of a 19 x 32 meter plot just past LBS on dry land, can it fly?
Thanks
Absolutely! As a matter of fact, this very site is close to LBS

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by DBAO: 4:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
You have adviced the client very well which is professional. I also have a similar challenge now. My client want to develop a property on a water logged and marshy area, in fact the side is very close to a big canal. He already had the design but i adviced him to carry out geo technical subsoil investigation, which he refused outrightly in the beginning,in fact he told that he had been building without soil investigation that we should just do normal pad foundation but at the end, i was able to convince him on the importance of the investigation, he then agreed. The soil investigation was carried out and result says we should use raft foundation (Bearing capacity is 25kn/m2). Another challenge i have now is on the cost, which he said is out of his budget.We are still working on that now.
My candid advice to professional on this forum is to stick to their position on standard and not jeopardize their career because of one Project.

4 Likes

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
So, every body should just do the right thing, I mean both as contractor and client
Onuokwu:

Its better they observed it early than later. Money wastage could have been collosal. I saw a fully built and painted house on gbagada that nobody ever lived in cos it started settling before completion but everybody ignored it till it became very obvious....
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Chekitaut: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
mufutau55: Why do people have to buy all these water-logged lands anyway? Regardless of how rich I may become, I have vowed not to buy any water prone land. Waste of money now and later, and waste of resources.

Hajji Mufutau
Moderator Hajji 1st i think this page deserve front page...To your comment i will go with you from the 1st letter word W to the last s.

I still ask such question but till today no reasonable answer to it. Many times i pity people that build in area like that, as a matter of that is the reason for my promo on granite, preach use of stone dust as regard sand. i wish they will build well/right. when the news that this client accept to go for Pile(best foundation in the world) i decide to also support one way or the other because with 7m depth is still good and economically wise.

My experience with Pile foundation is quite scaring project behind New Castle hotel, Anthony Village, 180ft depth, 48 Pile point. I personally back out delivery to the site because of the amount that will be spent. I said God forbid i can not be a party to this.

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
Chekitaut: Moderator Hajji 1st i think this page deserve front page...To your comment i will go with you from the 1st letter word W to the last s.

I still ask such question but till today no reasonable answer to it. Many times i pity people that build in area like that, as a matter of that is the reason for my promo on granite, preach use of stone dust as regard sand. i wish they will build well/right. when the news that this client accept to go for Pile(best foundation in the world) i decide to also support one way or the other because with 7m depth is still good and economically wise.

My experience with Pile foundation is quite scaring project behind New Castle hotel, Anthony Village, 180ft depth, 48 Pile point. I personally back out delivery to the site because of the amount that will be spent. I said God forbid i can not be a party to this.

Yes Sir, Oga Chekitaut.. I would have made this Front page already if I have the immediate power... but it has been recommended.

I am glad someone agree with me on acquiring water logged land.... I just love my money so much I cannot stand to waste a penny of it
and still worried about what will happen to the house later... Ok. let's say the foundation with pile or raft is solid for the house, what about the surrounding yard, possibility of water emerging later scares me.. But I guess other people are very brave about it..

Look at those pictures posted by Oga Segcy about those abandoned foundations, imagine how much money and resources has been spend on that project to be later abandoned.. But more power to those who can build their houses on it.. I guess I am just a chicken, that's all.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by FastShipping: 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
mufutau55: Why do people have to buy all these water-logged lands anyway? Regardless of how rich I may become, I have vowed not to buy any water prone land. Waste of money now and later, and waste of resources.

Hajji Mufutau

I was taken to Lekki/Ajah ten years ago to buy a piece of land for 6M+, I said no way with the way that area is in terms of how the land was water-logged. I keep wondering why people go to Lekki to waste money when there is dry land in many part of Lagos and Ogun.

I can't imagine buying a piece of land for 10M and end up doing foundation for another 8M.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
FastShipping:

I was taken to Lekki/Ajah ten years ago to buy a piece of land for 6M+, I said no way with the way that area is in terms of how the land was water-logged. I keep wondering why people go to Lekki to waste money when there is dry lands in many part of Lagos and Ogun.

I can't imagine buying a piece of land for 10M and end up doing foundation for another 8M.

Thank you my brother, all that money for water-logged land, I don't even want it for FREE.. I just keep thinking may be because I am poor and cannot afford to let go of that kind of cash.. So I stay in the border of Lagos and Ogun State jeje.

Hajji M.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by FastShipping: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
mufutau55:

Thank you my brother, all that money for water-logged land, I don't even want it for FREE.. I just keep thinking may be because I am poor and cannot afford to let go of that kind of cash.. So I stay in the border of Lagos and Ogun State jeje.

Hajji M.

I rather go to my village where I can have dry land and greenery view. Water logged land is a no no for me. I don't care how cheap it is. All of my friends talk about buying land at Lekki like their lives depend on it.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
FastShipping:
I rather go to my village where I can have dry land and greenery view. Water logged land is a no no for me. I don't care how cheap it is. All of my friends talk about buying land at Lekki like their lives depend on it.

And imagine what kind of beautiful house you will build with that N18 million (N10+N8mil).
I have been invited there before too, but I refused to do anything there.. they can have their rich Lekki neighborhood.

Hajji M.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by chitown(m): 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
Am following this thread.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Chekitaut: 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
mufutau55:

And imagine what kind of beautiful house you will build with that N18 million (N10+N8mil).
I have been invited there before too, but I refused to do anything there.. they can have their rich Lekki neighborhood.

Hajji M.
The fact remains the environment is shilling you may preferably not use AC in the house...but as the project go, rapid development is coming up in the premises. The project will not be budget scaring, i wish Oga segun will post expenditure, if client allow. i also love the premises.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Eyop: 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
@mufutau55 and Fastshipping:

Though i understand you guys points but if one has the fund to buy/erect the structure for commercial purpose,he or she can go for it. In some parts of Gbagada for instance,a plot of land goes for about #20million or more. If one is able to erect a commercial structure in that same land,i bet you in 10 years time or less,the owner would have recovered the cost of the land & the building because a 3bedroom flat goes for about #1million to about #1.5million per annum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Eyop: @mufutau55 and Fastshipping:
Though i understand you guys points but if one has the fund to buy/erect the structure for commercial purpose,he or she can go for it. In some parts of Gbagada for instance,a plot of land goes for about #20million or more. If one is able to erect a commercial structure in that same land,i bet you in 10 years time or less,the owner would have recovered the cost of the land & the building because a 3bedroom flat goes for about #1million to about #1.5million per annum.

I guess you are right Eyop. May be because we don't have the money that is why we are sacred for those projects.
I see your points when building for a commercial property... Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Eyop: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
mufutau55:

I guess you are right Eyop. May be because we don't have the money that is why we are scared for those projects.

Hajji M.
You welcome sir...God will provide the funds for you not to be scared of such projects.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mobilisation of piling machine

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 10:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
segcymoor: Mobilisation of piling machine

Serious Business...

Hajji M.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Chekitaut: 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
segcymoor: Mobilisation of piling machine
From day one i did not doubt your ability, na wetin be this, Eng Segun you are about to punish the ground...Haba grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by prince0011: 1:59am On Aug 26, 2014
Oga Segcymoor,

I must commend you on the thoroughness of this project - I am impressed you're taking all the absolutely necessary precaution and I have no doubt this will turn out to be a damn good product.

Please can you let me know the name of the company who performed the soil test and also constructing the pile foundation. I am open to a private message as well. I hope to hear from you soon.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Jamesqu(m): 2:18am On Aug 26, 2014
mufutau55:
Yes Sir, Oga Chekitaut.. I would have made this Front page already if I have the immediate power... but it has been recommended.
Hajji Mufutau

@Hajj Mufutau, I beg you in the name of God...don't put this on front page. Those kids in Nairaland will derail the thread with stupidity...you can make it a permanent feature on the FP of Properties though.

segcymoor:
I am less busy at site and decided to ve a stroll. In the process I came across this foundation. From information gather this project was abandoned due to observation of settlement.

Beside is another project. The approach apply here is quite alarming:Having done setting out, plank was used as formwork to trench. The trench was filled with filling sand and thereafter conctrete blinding. Eventually, to put raft beam. But somehow, someone call attention of Client to order and the project was abandoned

@Segcy, I refer you back to my earlier post that people who choose to assume that only one site in that area requires piling will find out the hard way. The walk around was an excellent idea. Kudos!

mufutau55:
I guess you are right Eyop. May be because we don't have the money that is why we are sacred for those projects.
Hajji M.

Lol, Hajj...they say when you don't have money, you will say "danfo and taxi will get me to the same place, why waste my money on taxi"

Chekitaut: My experience with Pile foundation is quite scaring project behind New Castle hotel, Anthony Village, 180ft depth, 48 Pile point. I personally back out delivery to the site because of the amount that will be spent. I said God forbid i can not be a party to this.

@Checkitaut, I simply don't understand the allure of that place and the Oke-Ira side. I went to inspect the Lagos State estate they are building just behind UPS and you will be shocked that the beautiful 5 bedroom duplexes are already sinking...it is just a shame. I don't know if it was raft or piling but either way, the money wasted is enormous. I suspect they used raft however as the houses are going for N35m. When houses in that area are using deep rafts like you mentioned.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 2:49am On Aug 26, 2014
Jamesqu:
@Hajj Mufutau, I beg you in the name of God...don't put this on front page. Those kids in Nairaland will derail the thread with stupidity...you can make it a permanent feature on the FP of Properties though.

I thought about that too, and you are right... but I still went on made the recommendations because we can't let those teenage win.. we shall deal with them when they come here.. rain or shine. I hope the powers to be approve the recommendations because I really want people to see how the real piling foundation is done.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 2:53am On Aug 26, 2014
Jamesqu:
Lol, Hajj...they say when you don't have money, you will say "danfo and taxi will get me to the same place, why waste my money on taxi"

LOL! I am glad you didn't say "Okada". I have never taken/ride any of those okadas.. it never existed when and before I left home; I am so scare of them. But Yes, why waste money on Taxi when you can get there by my loving Danfo.. with those entertaining Danfo drivers.

Hajji M.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:04am On Aug 26, 2014
prince0011: Oga Segcymoor,
I must commend you on the thoroughness of this project - I am impressed you're taking all the absolutely necessary precaution and I have no doubt this will turn out to be a damn good product.
Please can you let me know the name of the company who performed the soil test and also constructing the pile foundation. I am open to a private message as well. I hope to hear from you soon.
Please kindly drop your contact or send to:mooredesignbuild@gmail.com
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
Creating way for piling machine

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by obataala(m): 2:07am On Aug 27, 2014
Alright, never knew of a thread like this, wanna thank the OP and all contributors keeping the thread alive. I am a builder and am hoping to learn the complexities in structural execution, piling! Bring it on baby!!.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by obataala(m): 2:15am On Aug 27, 2014
The proposed 49 points of piling, how are they going to b positioned strategically in order that they may support the struction and bear the load?.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
obataala: The proposed 49 points of piling, how are they going to b positioned strategically in order that they may support the struction and bear the load?.
If I may ask. How do you conclude on 49 points. Not up to that anyway
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:12am On Aug 28, 2014
We have rounded up on preliminary work.
....Now set for action
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
good!
segcymoor: We have rounded up on preliminary work.
....Now set for action

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. / Owerri Collapsed Building: Before And After Photos / Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.