Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Why Are You An Atheist? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You An Atheist? (14570 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Darteyyyy(m): 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
These guys claiming atheist are confused.

Irreligious, Hateist, and confused.

You don't know what you want neither do you know what you stand for...
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Guy no look for my trouble abeg.

Or what? cool
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
Darteyyyy: These guys claiming atheist are confused.

Irreligious, Hateist, and confused.

You don't know what you want neither do you know what you stand for...

Lol

Seriously, I think I am the only one seeing this.

The very day the OP created this thread, I have been watching keenly but there is none on this thread that have mentioned why they are atheist. I am so convinced too that most of this so called atheists do not know wat atheism is. Some even do know what they are disbelieving is before proclaiming they disbelieve.

The agnostics are the ones making sense. At least they know their stance unlike my comrades claiming to be atheists.

Atheists here are mostly irreligious.

Before someone can argue about God, that person should at least define what God is. Shouting here and there disbelieve about God is irrelevant when God is not well defined.

Lets see how atheists come out of this.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Or what? cool

What do you want me to do?
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by frank317: 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
I think I am prefer calling myself an unbeliever than an atheist, but I am not bothered with what people think I am. I don’t know how the world came about but I know whatever caused this world to exist does not care about it.

God became too invisible for my likening. People just say God does this, God will do that and at the end of the day, they do those things and claim its God that did it. They look for any kind of coincidence or a slightly unexplainable occurrence that would enable them think its God. They just want it to be God by fire by force.

Another reason I stopped believing was because of fear. Religion made me develop irrational fear over the years of believing. Fear of hell, fear of direct punishment from God, fear of living generally. Imagine thinking that an invisible being is watching you all the time and waiting for you to err. Yet erring is part of life.

All my years as a Christian, I never experienced God. I wasn’t a born again Christian as they claim but even people who my moral life was better than theirs claimed they felt God. People just pretend in front of you and express themselves in private.

I became a dull and unproductive person trying to please an invisible God, it wasn’t just working well with me. the stories weren’t coming together. The inconsistencies, the violence, the lies, the deceit, the threats, the unanswered questions, I just couldn’t take them all.

Right now, I know everything about religion are all LIES

15 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Sennard(m): 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
Weah96:

Garbage!! Use your brain, sir. This is a foolish analogy. My mother is not omnipotent and omniscient, like the description of the biblical God. She didn't create ALL things in the universe. An omniscient person who creates all things has essentially thrown free will out the window. Everything operates according to plan. Children are r)aped because he programmed the r)apist. He also programmed Boko Haram to murder Christians. Everything, down to the smallest evil detail, was designed to operate perfectly as you see today.

it's jst an example nw argh!
Bro do you think life is a movie. Or can you say God programmed every evil and good that has happened.Definitely not.We as human have conscience and brain these two things play a huge row in the things we do.
He gave man the dominion over all things he created.It is our choice to do anything we like.see everything that happen, only he understand. if u tell me that he knows that it's going to happen i agree, but with what you typed you are saying God instructed boko haram to kill.please! You've gotten it wrong.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You have gone "bolaino"

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 7:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Lol

The very day the OP created this thread, I have been watching keenly but there is none on this thread that have mentioned why they are atheist. I am so convinced too that most of this so called atheists do not know wat atheism is. Some even do know what they are disbelieving is before proclaiming they disbelieve.

The agnostics are the ones making sense. At least they know their stance unlike my comrades claiming to be atheists.

Before someone can argue about God, that person should at least define what God is. Shouting here and there disbelieve about God is irrelevant when God is not well defined.

We all know what god is here, you want to force your own definition of god on people, no body will buy it. . .Just keep going bolaino if that is what will make you sleep well at night. . .I no get strength. . .

7 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Ifunanya1(f): 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Lol

How do you define what you don't believe exists?

Do you believe in Revensturps? You can't say no until you know what it is.

I'm waiting.

You people that keep trying to prove atheism is baseless confuse me. Why is it so hard to believe that there are people not interested in deluding themselves for mental comfort?

And to the person who asked "How do you decide to be atheist just by thinking?" -- Isn't thinking normally how decisions are made?

8 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
Folykaze, your stoopidity is showing grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
mazaje:

We all know what god is here, you want to force your own definition of god on people, no body will buy it. . .Just keep going bolaino if that is what will make you sleep well at night. . .I no get strength. . .

tell me, is there something you are scared of or probably disturbing your mind?

You help proving that atheists here are the most confused fellas ever. I asked you questions base on what you presented and all you could do is call me names, ignore my questions and bark around.

I have not on this thread define what God is. . . .so how could you accuse me of forcing definition on people? Who are the 'we' who you said know what God is? Is it the Deist you are using their definition or theist you like to hate or who exactly?

If you do not know what God is, tell me. No one is harming you for that.

I dont think there is definition for Hateist yet, I created the word. . . .well I found Hatetheism. . . . I think it fit you most.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

You help proving that atheists here are the most confused fellas ever. I asked you questions base on what you presented and all you could do is call me names, ignore my questions and bark around.

I have not on this thread define what God is. . . .so how could you accuse me of forcing definition on people? Who are the 'we' who you said know what God is? Is it the Deist you are using their definition or theist you like to hate or who exactly?

I dont think there is definition for Hateist yet, I created the word. . . .well I found Hatetheism. . . . I think it fit you most.

I have given you the dictionary definition of god, what more do you want?. . .

Word Origin
noun
the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.

You want to begin with your brouhaha that god is energy or the total energy there is. .bla bla bla. You have defined what god is to you on other threads. . Example on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1842303/god-exists-which-one-he#25227468 you defined god as energy .That is YOUR own definition of what god is to YOU and it remains your own OPINION. I have given you the general definition of what god is according to majority of world religions. I don't have time for your energy god religion that you alone know and understand. . .I am dealing with the mainstream definition of god by world religions like christianity and islam. . .

8 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by onetrack(m): 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sennard:
bro! Even if the earth divides and u hear thunder claps i am v.v.sure u are going to say it's no God's work.....now i really understand what you want...

The earth could 'divide' due to natural forces. Thunder claps are also natural.

What would impress me? If god himself came down and was able to stop time itself (except for myself), in other words I could move around while everything else is frozen. That would be impressive. Or if this god came down and, on command, created a genuine snowstorm in Lagos, with several inches of snow over the entire city, while the temperature remains as it normally is. Not hail, but snow. I'd probably be convinced by that.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by onetrack(m): 8:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Mr

Lets put the story you were told aside. Can you tell us what God is? And how this God does not exist?

Actually, there has been evidence of god everywhere. Evidence of different gods and goddess. But I will like to know who you think God is and how that being do not exist.

Thanks

I have always said that I cannot absolutely disprove that there was a creator. However, my current opinion is that there was not a creator. I don't think god is anything, anymore than Santa Claus. I am an agnostic atheist.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ifunanya1:

How do you define what you don't believe exists?

Do you believe in Revensturps? You can't say no until you know what it is.

I'm waiting.

You people that keep trying to prove atheism is baseless confuse me. Why is it so hard to believe that there are people not interested in deluding themselves for mental comfort?

And to the person who asked "How do you decide to be atheist just by thinking?" -- Isn't thinking normally how decisions are made?

Asking me if I believe in something, I will have to know what that something is before I can make a judgement on that thing.

If you ask me if I believe a fish can swim in mud, I will have to know what a fish is and what mud is. Providing answer on lack of knowledge is simply ignorance. Nothing more nothing less.

You do not believe in the bible account because you have no knowledge of what bible entails but you do becuase you have read it once and for some reason choose not to.

Atheists claim to disbelief in God. . .they are in position to define what a God is.

You were the one that said you are atheist because you think. I am also going to ask if theists aint thinking. .. . . . .they could have become an atheist if they had think like you do.

And dear, pls take your emotions eslewhere. . . . .if you cant address my point headlong, kingly ignore my posts.

Thanks
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by bolaino(m): 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You have gone "bolaino"
lol, yeah right.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
onetrack:

I have always said that I cannot absolutely disprove that there was a creator. However, my current opinion is that there was not a creator. I don't think god is anything, anymore than Santa Claus. I am an agnostic atheist.

from God to creator. Na wa o.

Well agnostism hold me back here.

Thanks.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by finofaya: 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
@folykaze

Yeah. You know the agnostics here are agnostic atheists, right? The only difference btw agnostics and atheists is that the former do not know if God exists while the latter know that he does not exist. This issue of definition that you are raising will apply to both of them.

Picking an issue with atheists for not defining God when agnostics did not define God shows that you either do not understand the difference between the two positions, or that you have an unfair dislike of atheists.

This definition point is moot anyway. There is no single definition of God. God is as defined by whoever asserts his existence. There are a 1001 different definitions of him, according to the many opinions on the issue. What is common to all is that the God is a sentient entity, and that he or it created us. Atheist or agnostic, neither agree with that sentience part.

You don't expect anybody to start listing all the definitions of God before disbelieving in him. By your logic,a christian will have to list every possible definition of God before denying them and affirming Yahweh, otherwise he does not know what he is saying. Same for every other believer.

In case you were wondering, your God is among the ones that atheists and agnostics don't believe in.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
mazaje:

I have given you the dictionary definition of god, what more do you want?. . .

Word Origin
noun
the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.

You want to begin with our brouhaha that god is energy or the total energy there is. .bla bla bla. You have defined what god is to you on other threads. . Example on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1842303/god-exists-which-one-he#25227468 you defined god as energy .That is YOUR own definition of what god is to YOU and it remains your own OPINION. I have given you the general definition of what god is according to majority of world religions. I don't have time for your energy god religion that you alone know and understand. . .I am dealing with the mainstream definition of god by world religions like christianity and islam. . .

You could have wait until I bring in my definition.

The definition you presented in the first place is plain fictitional. You created it so that you can have something to disbelieve.

Define what a supernatural being is, who told you they created the Universe, why do you choose deism conception of God and if Deism conception is all you disbelieve in.

If you want to bring in definition, why cant you bring in the complete definition. Are human not God going by the definition on dictionaries? Are human not view as God in christian conception and Islam conception you love to hate Do you disbelieve in existence of human?

Many religion out there sees God as energy, do you disbelieve in the existence of energy?

Jainism view God as the universe itself, does this mean universe does not exist?

Mazaje, you can do better than this. . . . . .

All I see in your atheism is hatred, confusion and . . . . .put together.

Goodnight abeg, we will continue tomorrow
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
FOLYKAZE:
You could have wait until I bring in my definition.
The definition you presented in the first place is plain fictitional. You created it so that you can have something to disbelieve.
Define what a supernatural being is, who told you they created the Universe, why do you choose deism conception of God and if Deism conception is all you disbelieve in.
If you want to bring in definition, why cant you bring in the complete definition. Are human not God going by the definition on dictionaries? Are human not view as God in christian conception and Islam conception you love to hate Do you disbelieve in existence of human?
Many religion out there sees God as energy, do you disbelieve in the existence of energy?
Jainism view God as the universe itself, does this mean universe does not exist?
Mazaje, you can do better than this. . . . . .
All I see in your atheism is hatred, confusion and . . . . .put together.
Goodnight abeg, we will continue tomorrow

Christianity and islam do NOT describe god as energy. . .You just want me to accept your own definition of what god is, but i will NOT accept your opinion and idea, it remains yours alone. . .To you god is energy, fine, that remains you opinion. . .Humans are not viewed as God in chriatianity and islam stop lying. . .God according to christianity and islam is the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe. Any other thing you say is your own making and remains a lie. . .I repeat, when I talk about god i am talking about the god concept of christianity and islam, don't be dishonest by claiming ignorance and pretend that your energy god concept is what i am referring to. If god to you is energy as you have stated else where then that is your business and opinion. . .God means different things to different people. . .The main stream god concept of christianty and islam is what i am talking about not the energy god that you chose to believe in. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
finofaya: @folykaze

Yeah. You know the agnostics here are agnostic atheists, right? The only difference btw agnostics and atheists is that the former do not know if God exists while the latter know that he does not exist. This issue of definition that you are raising will apply to both of them.

Picking an issue with atheists for not defining God when agnostics did not define God shows that you either do not understand the difference between the two positions, or that you have an unfair dislike of atheists.

This definition point is moot anyway. There is no single definition of God. God is as defined by whoever asserts his existence. There are a 1001 different definitions of him, according to the many opinions on the issue. What is common to all is that the God is a sentient entity, and that he or it created us. Atheist or agnostic, neither agree with that sentience part.

You don't expect anybody to start listing all the definitions of God before disbelieving in him. By your logic,a christian will have to list every possible definition of God before denying them and affirming Yahweh, otherwise he does not know what he is saying. Same for every other believer.

In case you were wondering, your God is among the ones that atheists and agnostics don't believe in.

Whats up bro.

The agnostics blend with their knowlege. . . .hat they have on ground. They are neither here or there. So it is very hard to hold them on definition.

Atheists that claim they disbelieve in God are expected to know what God is. The reasons for their disbelieve in not the itch but what they disbelieve in.

You know it will be ver hard for you totell you I disbelieve in a fish swimming in the mud when I dont know what a fish is?

Same thing applies here.

Respect to Pastor AIO. He made a definition on what God is on a particular thread. He said God is everything that has dominion. In the first place, I did not argue about it. I went aheas trying to find meaning and support to what he said. And I found the definition correct with what I fsaw in the bible. Assuming I didnt find anything, I will ask question and expect him to provide answers not name calling.

I am an atheist. A spiritual atheist to be specific. I believe and disbelieve in God depending on how you define God. Fela is my God. . . .will an atheist tell me fela is non existent?

This is an atheist thread.t they claim to disbelieve in God and are entitled to define or make me understand what God which they disbelieve is. . . . .after that we can talk about reasons.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
mazaje:

Christianity and islam do NOT describe god as energy. . .You just want me to accept your own definition of what god is, but i will NOT accept your opinion and idea, it remains yours alone. . .To you god is energy, fine, that remains you opinion. . .Humans are not viewed as God in chriatianity and islam stop lying. . .God according to christianity and islam is the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe. Any other thing you say is your own making and remains a lie. . .I repat when I talk about god i am talking about the god concept of christianity and islam don't be dishonest by claiming ignorance and pretend that your energy god concept is what i am referring to. If god to you is energy as you have stated else where then that is your business and opinion. . .

Is christianity the only religion on earth?

Christianity define The word, a sound energy as God.

Christianity define human (we are made up of energy) as God. Maybe you missed 'ye are Gods' in the bible.

Christianity define God as the beginning and the end (energy has been. . . Not created or can be destroyed).

Christianity define power/rulership as God.

Tell me all those do not exist.

Power does not exist?

Human does not exist?

Sound energy (word) does not exist?

Or do you want me to bring in other religion?

You make me sick abeg. . . . . .i though you have something to offer. . . . .all I see is confusion. . . .i cant help it brother, you are confused.

Sorry sir
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Is christianity the only religion on earth?

Doesn't have to be but I chose to use it. . .

Christianity define The word, a sound energy as God.

Where does christianity or the bible specifically use the word sound energy as god you liar?. . show me. . . you are very confused, stop lying pls. . .

Christianity define human (we are made up of energy) as God. Maybe you missed 'ye are Gods' in the bible.

Where does the bible claim humans are made up of energy you liar, show me. . .Gods is not equal to god read your bible again. . .

Christianity define God as the beginning and the end (energy has been. . . Not created or can be destroyed).

Where does the bible claim that god is energy you lair, show me. . . Christianity does NOT define god as beginning and end, god only say that he is the beginning and the end in the bible a tittle he bestowed on himself. . .Beginning and the end now means not created and not destroyed?. . .By the way energy can be created and be destroyed in open systems. . .Energy can neither be created or destroyed only in closed systems. . .

Christianity define power/rulership as God.

Where does it claim that power and rulership is god you lair, show me from the bible. . .

Tell me all those do not exist.

Power does not exist?

Human does not exist?

Sound energy (word) does not exist?

Or do you want me to bring in other religion?

All you did was to shamelessly and dishonestly redefine terms to satisfy your deliusuons that christianity agrees with your that god means energy. .it does not. . .No where does chriatianity say that god is energy. . Show me from the bible or just accept that you have been lying all along. . .

You make me sick abeg. . . . . .i though you have something to offer. . . . .all I see is confusion. . . .i cant help it brother, you are confused.

Sorry sir

Funny that a person that spins things to satisfy his delusions calls others confused. . .You even lied that islam says people are gods. . .You are shameless. . .

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
mazaje:
Yes. . .You also need to define what god is and how it functions. . .saying god is energy means nothing. . .

I didnt make a claim on this thread that God exist or do not exist. You are the one turning the table around. The definition you provided here expose how cnfused you are. Why have you refused to answer questions I asked base on the fallacy you cooked up just becuase you want to disbelieve?

Go to wiki, God is mere personification of natural elements. Or you would turn around and tell me Natural element do not exist baffles me.

mazaje: You can clearly say where it says the Lord, it didn't say energy. . .God speaking things into existence according to the bible does NOT make sound god, it is just a means which he used to create things, the bible also talked about how god personally used his hands to create humans and animals. . I really do not know what you are saying, you are just confused and trying to push your delusions into the christian religion. . .You are shameless. . .

The bold again show how confused you are. Do you expect to find energy in the bible when it is not a physic textbook? Does it mean if I cant find the word grandfather or boyfriend in the bible mean there is no existence of expression of the word holding the same meaning with grandfather in the bible?

The Lord say, you cant say something without a sound. There is nothing like saying a word. In reality, it is blends of soundwave. That word mentioned is God. . . .John 1:1.

mazaje: And Jesus is energy?. . .According to christian theism Jesus is god incarnated as a man.
Having the same attribute as energy doesn't mean its energy. . . .

Are human not energy?

Are human not called God?

mazaje: Exo 22:28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.
You are just a shameless liar. . .Where in this verse does it say rulers are gods? They are not to revile the gods or curse their rulers means rulers are gods? You are shameless. . .

Get a commentary pls.

mazaje: You do not know the context in which the gods is used, as usual you chose to label it energy in your delusion to claim that christianity agrees with your energy religion. . .After all the bible also says humans are created in its god's image. . .Ye are gods simply means you are little manitures of yahweh. . .not the energy nonsense you are trying to make us believe. . .

Miniature of God? Lol

There are many God in heaven and on earth. . . .are this miniture too?

Ye are Gods, we are human, we are God. Do you disbelieve in human existence?

mazaje: Where?. . .

John 1:1

mazaje: Lying through your teeth is common sense to you, well done. . .
You are the one that is confused since all you did was redefine everything to suit your delusions. . .This is the general definition of god according to christian theology. . .Non the nonsense you are shamelessly trying to say. . .
"In Christianity, God is the eternal being who created and preserves the world. Christians believe God to be both transcendent (wholly independent of, and removed from, the material universe) and immanent (involved in the world). Christian teachings of the immanence and involvement of God and his love for humanity exclude the belief that God is of the same substance as the created universe but accept that God incarnated as a man and wants to have a relationship with mankind."

Convertion between matter and energy?

I know someone that explain it this way.

Are we all not energy?
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Atheism is disbelieve in God (all religion ) not christian concept of God.

Yes. . .You also need to define what god is and how it functions. . .saying god is energy means nothing. . .

And the Lord said, let there be. . . . Out of the word he mention, all things were created and that word is God.

He said it means make sound. Sound energy is God.

You can clearly say where it says the Lord, it didn't say energy. . .God speaking things into existence according to the bible does NOT make sound god, it is just a means which he used to create things, the bible also talked about how god personally used his hands to create humans and animals. . I really do not know what you are saying, you are just confused and trying to push your delusions into the christian religion. . .You are shameless. . .

Lol. The disciple said you are my Lord and my God. Jesus is God. . . .whatever God is God.

I can help you with version of biblbe using God as god. It mean the same thing bro.

And Jesus is energy?. . .According to christian theism Jesus is god incarnated as a man.

Energy cannot be used. It is a new word. But the bible said God is the beginning and the end. No one create him and cannot be dstroyed.

That is energy.

Having the same attribute as energy doesn't mean its energy. . . .

Exodus 22:28

Exo 22:28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

You are just a shameless liar. . .Where in this verse does it say rulers are gods? They are not to revile the gods or curse their rulers means rulers are gods? You are shameless. . .

Ye are Gods. . . .reffering to human. Are human not made up of energy?

You do not know the context in which the gods is used, as usual you chose to label it energy in your delusion to claim that christianity agrees with your energy religion. . .After all the bible also says humans are created in its god's image. . .Ye are gods simply means you are little manitures of yahweh. . .not the energy nonsense you are trying to make us believe. . .

And the lord said. The word he mentioned was God. Is that not sound energy?

Where?. . .

Common sense not very common.

Lying through your teeth is common sense to you, well done. . .

my bad on Islam.

Actually some choose to disbelieve that we human exist because we are called God.

Can you see how confused you are?

You are the one that is confused since all you did was redefine everything to suit your delusions. . .This is the general definition of god according to christian theology. . .Non the nonsense you are shamelessly trying to say. . .

"In Christianity, God is the eternal being who created and preserves the world. Christians believe God to be both transcendent (wholly independent of, and removed from, the material universe) and immanent (involved in the world). Christian teachings of the immanence and involvement of God and his love for humanity exclude the belief that God is of the same substance as the created universe but accept that God incarnated as a man and wants to have a relationship with mankind."

By the way you also lied about Jainism by saying the believe that the universe is god. . .That is a lie, they just believe that the universe was not created and that is all there is to it. .

Jainism and the divine

Jains do not believe in a God or gods in the way that many other religions do, but they do believe in divine (or at least perfect) beings who are worthy of devotion.

This makes it difficult to give a straight answer to the question "is Jainism atheistic?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/jainism/beliefs/god.shtml

So far you ave just been lying all over the place. . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 11:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
mazaje:
Yes I am an atheist. . Atheism to me is simply disbelief in the existence of dieties and gods. .

you need to see this.

https://www.nairaland.com/1858182/perhaps-god-exists-perhaps-he
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 12:07am On Aug 15, 2014
onetrack: No evidence of any particular god. Didn't believe the stories I was told.

no evidence? If no evidence can you give me in detail how man came to be(existence)

really want to read you own concept of man.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by finofaya: 12:08am On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE: Whats up bro.

I'm good man. You?

The agnostics blend with their knowlege. . . .hat they have on ground. They are neither here or there. So it is very hard to hold them on definition.

Atheists that claim they disbelieve in God are expected to know what God is. The reasons for their disbelieve in not the itch but what they disbelieve in.

You know it will be ver hard for you totell you I disbelieve in a fish swimming in the mud when I dont know what a fish is?

Same thing applies here.

Well, agnosticism is not the position that we do not know what God is, but rather it states that God's existence is unknown. So as far as a definition of God is concerned, it is no less vague than theism or atheism or others.

If you believe that the reasons for atheism are clear, then you must know what the atheist means by God. Otherwise the reasons for atheism could, to you, be practically the same as the reasons for theism, or pacifism, or circumcision or even for wearing native on Friday.

Respect to Pastor AIO. He made a definition on what God is on a particular thread. He said God is everything that has dominion. In the first place, I did not argue about it. I went aheas trying to find meaning and support to what he said. And I found the definition correct with what I fsaw in the bible. Assuming I didnt find anything, I will ask question and expect him to provide answers not name calling.

While the pastor is speaking of one God, atheism speaks of any possible God. It is not practical to define all possible Gods before disbelieving them. It is enough to say that we are here by accident.

I am an atheist. A spiritual atheist to be specific. I believe and disbelieve in God depending on how you define God. Fela is my God. . . .will an atheist tell me fela is non existent?

This is an atheist thread.t they claim to disbelieve in God and are entitled to define or make me understand what God which they disbelieve is. . . . .after that we can talk about reasons.

Do you attribute all of existence, or our existence at least, to an act of Fela? An atheist does not believe that Fela is God. If Fela is not God, and no other thing is God, then God does not exist. Fela is free to exist.

And why does your belief or disbelief depend on "how you define God"? You shouldn't wait for a definition, according to the demand you are making here.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 2:03am On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

I didnt make a claim on this thread that God exist or do not exist. You are the one turning the table around. The definition you provided here expose how cnfused you are. Why have you refused to answer questions I asked base on the fallacy you cooked up just becuase you want to disbelieve?

Go to wiki, God is mere personification of natural elements. Or you would turn around and tell me Natural element do not exist baffles me.

I repeat I gave you the dictionary definition of god, you refuse to accept it you now say that I should go to wiki where it says god is a mere personification of elements, which is actually a lie because god according to wiki is: God is often conceived as the Supreme Being and principal object of faith. The concept of God as described by theologians commonly includes the attributes of omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence. In theism, God is the creator and sustainer of the universe, while in deism, God is the creator (but not the sustainer) of the universe. Monotheism is the belief in the existence of one God or in the oneness of God. In pantheism, God is the universe itself. In atheism, God is purported not to exist, while deemed unknown or unknowable within the context of agnosticism. God has also been conceived as being incorporeal (immaterial), a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent".[1] Many notable medieval philosophers and modern philosophers have developed arguments for and against the existence of God

Where does it mention personification of elemenst you shameless lair?. . .You have been lying all over the place. . .From islam claims humans are god, to jainism believe that the universe is god, now to wiki defining god as a personification of elements. . .You are shameless. . .

The bold again show how confused you are. Do you expect to find energy in the bible when it is not a physic textbook? Does it mean if I cant find the word grandfather or boyfriend in the bible mean there is no existence of expression of the word holding the same meaning with grandfather in the bible?

All the crazy talk just to satisfy your delusion that the bible accepts your lies about god being energy, so far you are yet to come close or point to any where it suggests so. . .All you are doing is reading and inputing your own lies and delusion into the bible and trying to force it to accept your idea that god is energy. . .Where does the bible say that god is energy, show it or remain a lair. . .

The Lord say, you cant say something without a sound. There is nothing like saying a word. In reality, it is blends of soundwave. That word mentioned is God. . . .John 1:1.

So the god of the bible is now sound energy?. . .Are you that deluded?. . The voice of god according to the bible is now god?. . .The word in John 1:1 simply means god's message. But as some one that is forcefully trying to turn the bible god into his own god you anything will be said by you, waiting for you to bring verses from the koran that also claimns god is energy. . .You are deluded. . .

Are human not energy?

Are human not called God?

Where does the bible call humans God? The bible says ye are gods. . .It does not say ye are God. . .Why are you just lying any how?. . .You have no shame. . .

Get a commentary pls.

After exposing your lies you are now telling me to get a commentary?. . .The verse is very clear, it says do not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of they people. . .No where does it say rulers are gods, the comma there clearly differentiates between the rulers and the gods, no where does it even state that the rulers are god. . . but as some one making things up, anything goes for you. . .You are deluded and shameless. . .

Miniature of God? Lol

There are many God in heaven and on earth. . . .are this miniture too?

Ye are Gods, we are human, we are God. Do you disbelieve in human existence?

Where does the bible say that there are many God in heaven and on earth?. . .Show me where it says there are many God in heaven. .The bible always makes a distinction between gods and God .You deliberately spin things just to satisfy your delusion. . .I actually thought that islam is the only religion that tries to steal other people's god and turn it into their. . Now here is another deluded African trying to claim that the bible god is his own energy god idea. . . grin grin

Convertion between matter and energy?

I know someone that explain it this way.

Are we all not energy?

You know someone that explains it that way?. . .Is that now your defense?. . .What am I supposed to do with what you know which is just a pack of lies. . .I have given you the standard christian definition of god accroding to christian theology and you are here telling me that you know someone that describes the christian god as energy?. grin grin. .So far you have been lying all over, from islam says people are god, to jainism saying that the universe is god to christianity saying that god is energy. . .You are more deluded than I thought. . .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by onetrack(m): 7:30am On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi:

no evidence? If no evidence can you give me in detail how man came to be(existence)

really want to read you own concept of man.

The theory of evolution explains very well what happened.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Weah96: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Are you saying that you don't know which definition of God we've been talking about this entire time? Is it so difficult to infer that fact from the replies you've read here?
If you sabi lie and deceive like this while carrying God on your head, I'm afraid to even contemplate what you'll do without the load. Keep your delusion, stay away from me. This is a friendly discussion, it didn't have to come down to infantile lies.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 8:47am On Aug 15, 2014
onetrack:

The theory of evolution explains very well what happened.

really? Theory of evolution propounded by "mere mortal" a scam theory.

if i may ask you. How do a car come into existence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? / Comforting Scriptures For All Relationship Crises / OPM's Apostle Chibuzo Gives Woman, Free Housing, Cash, Scholarship For Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.