Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Why Are You An Atheist? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You An Atheist? (14554 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 10:42am On Aug 17, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

This has been touched. I even created a sperate thread on this subject. It is not an issue.

Naturalistic pantheist is also a spiritual atheist. . . . . .and when you look at it from within, an aborisha also. Just different name.

What they do is define God as natural element and univers.

Atheism does not define what God is. . . .in essense they disbelief in all conception of God.

So are we specifically saying Atheism is a disbelief in monotheistc concept of God?

Yes : it is no more an atheism but anti-theism.

No : It is not making sense to be an atheist to pantheist God.

Hope you get me here? What do you choose?

What is naturalism and what is spiritualism?. . .You are really confused. . .How can you say that a naturalist pantheist is a spiritual atheist?. . .naturalism has nothing to do with spiritualism. .

Here is the dictionary definition of naturalism in philosophy which is what we are concerned about. . .

naturalism:

Philosophy.
the view of the world that takes account only of natural elements and forces, excluding the supernatural or spiritual.
the belief that all phenomena are covered by laws of science and that all teleological explanations are therefore without value.

A naturalist pantheist can NOT be said to be a spiritual atheist because naturalism disregards and excludes spiritualism. . .My brother you are just every where making things up. . .A naturalist pantheist is an atheist simple. . .Atheism has no meaning in pantheism. . .It does not apply to it. . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by finofaya: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mr Aborisha, good morning Sir.

We are not quite getting you here. Is you problem with anti-theists who think they are atheists, or with atheism as a whole as it pertains to pantheism?

And when you say everything is God, do you mean everything is a deity or that everything is merely sacred?

As far as an atheist holds a materialist worldview, anything that is said to be a deity, or divine, or supernatural, or transcendent, or immanent, etc, is denied by the atheist. Most atheists have a materialist worldview.

If what you are trying to do is show us that atheism is an irrational position to hold, you can simply present your ordered arguments, instead of creating and sustaining this wonderful round about discussion.

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
mazaje:

You are just running around chasing your tail. atheism does not deal with pantheism because there are atheist pantheist. . .atheism deals mostly with theism and not pantheism if you do not understand that then I can not help you. . .I have shown you that some types of pantheism is actually atheism, a naturalistic pantheist is an atheist(no divine beings, the natural world is all that exist and nothing more which is be said to be god). . .The pantheistic god can be anything, it is not well defined and has no role that separates it from the natural world. . .If my car is god then how can i disbelieve that?. . .If my urine is god then how can i disbelieve that?. . .If a dead decomposing rat is god how can I disbelief that?. . .Atheism has no meaning in pantheism. That is why there are atheist pantheist and many scholars have stated that atheism and pantheism are closely related. .You are just claiming ignorance and chasing your tail insisting that atheism must be what you want it to be which is actually a delusion on your part. . .. . .

This is really pathetic.

Going by your logic. So because we have christian atheist, that mean atheism deals with christianity? Also because we have buddhist atheist who go on pilgrimage, believes in devas and all that mumbo jumbo makes atheism deals with buddhism (a religion in eartern country)?

Who told you this pantheist God do not have a role? Your ignorance wont give you a way to reason. . . . . Have I not listed Mother earth or your brain does not inform you the devas in hinduism and jainism have roles? Guy you are just bitter.

Answer my question or kindly tell me you are afraid of it. I am not the one chasing tail, but you are the one hiding yours under your leg. You were the one that said atheism in pantheism makes no sense. Logicboy said atheism is disbelieve in all God (pantheism included) while Wiegraf said Atheist that believe in God is confused. So deal with them and yourself.

Patheism is a believe in God (defined as universe).

Atheism is disbelieve in God. (all concept of God).

Wiegraf said, an atheist believing in God is confused (you are an atheist believing in God (pantheist), also find this God very hard to disbelieve. If atheism is disbelieve in God, then believing in pantheist God is confusion like comrade wiegraf put it and it is no more atheism.

So in essense, are you telling me atheism disbelieve in Monotheistic God oNLY?
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
mazaje:

What is naturalism and what is spiritualism?. . .You are really confused. . .How can you say that a naturalist pantheist is a spiritual atheist?. . .naturalism has nothing to do with spiritualism. .

Here is the dictionary definition of naturalism in philosophy which is what we are concerned about. . .

naturalism:

Philosophy.
the view of the world that takes account only of natural elements and forces, excluding the supernatural or spiritual.
the belief that all phenomena are covered by laws of science and that all teleological explanations are therefore without value.

A naturalist pantheist can NOT be said to be a spiritual atheist because naturalism disregards and excludes spiritualism. . .My brother you are just every where making things up. . .A naturalist pantheist is an atheist simple. . .Atheism has no meaning in pantheism. . .It does not apply to it. . .

How many time do you want me to say let this go? You are always find a reason to dodge my questions. . . . .you should be brave enough to provide answer and at least call my attention to whatever you perceive as unclear.

On naturalistic pantheism and spiritual atheism here is a link where the issue is touched. . . . .https://www.nairaland.com/1583749/there-atheists-here-oppose-gay#20736730

With due respect Mazaje, can you pls provide answer to my question. . . .

Atheism does not define what God is. . . .in essense they disbelief in all conception of God.

So are we specifically saying Atheism is a disbelief in monotheistc concept of God?

I have make the outline there. . .. Just choose.

Pls choose your answer only.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

How many time do you want me to say let this go? You are always find a reason to dodge my questions. . . . .you should be brave enough to provide answer and at least call my attention to whatever you perceive as unclear.

On naturalistic pantheism and spiritual atheism here is a link where the issue is touched. . . . .https://www.nairaland.com/1583749/there-atheists-here-oppose-gay#20736730

With due respect Mazaje, can you pls provide answer to my question. . . .

I have make the outline there. . .. Just choose.

Pls choose your answer only.

In have provided answer to you already and am tired of your incoherence. . .Atheism does not apply to pantheism because pantheism itself is atheism in some cases, i have gone all the way to provide scholarly opinion that states that considers atheism and pantheism to be the same or very closely related. . .Some atheist consider themselves to be pantheist...a naturalist pantheist is an atheist. . .Atheism makes sense only with theism and not pantheism since pantheism is closely related to atheism, if you don't understand that then i can not help you. . .
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

This is really pathetic.

Going by your logic. So because we have christian atheist, that mean atheism deals with christianity? Also because we have buddhist atheist who go on pilgrimage, believes in devas and all that mumbo jumbo makes atheism deals with buddhism (a religion in eartern country)?

You are very deluded. . there is nothing like christian atheist, it does not exist any where. . You are just deluded, so far you have been throwing and making things up looking for what will stick. . christain atheist is your own making and remains your own delusion. . .Nothing like that exist anywhere. . .Buddhism is an atheistic religion because it is a philosophy that has no god as its central tenet, most Buddhist are in fact atheist because Buddhism does not actually believe in god per say. it is a philosophy on how life should be lived. . .Buddhist do not believe in god as such the religion is an atheistic religion or a pantheist religion. . .

Do Buddhist believe in god?

No, we do not.

http://www.buddhanet.net/ans73.htm

Who told you this pantheist God do not have a role? Your ignorance wont give you a way to reason. . . . . Have I not listed Mother earth or your brain does not inform you the devas in hinduism and jainism have roles? Guy you are just bitter.

here you are again lying anyhow and making things up. . .

Jainism do not believe in any god.

Jainism and the divine

[i]Jains do not believe in a God or gods in the way that many other religions do, but they do believe in divine (or at least perfect) beings who are worthy of devotion.[/i]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/jainism/beliefs/god.shtml

. . .Hinduism is a a theistic religion that has a supreme god figure. . .Hinduism is NOT a pantheist religion stop making things up. . .

Hindus have a multitude of gods and goddesses that symbolize the one abstract Supreme Being or Brahman. The most fundamental of Hindu deities are the Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva

http://hinduism.about.com/od/godsgoddesses/tp/deities.htm

Hindus actually have a central supreme being they call god. . .It is NOT a pantheist religion stop making things up. .

. . .Mother earth is god meaning what?. . .What the hell is mother earth?. . .The earth is a planet. . .How is it god?. . .God in what sense?. . .What do you mean that the earth is god?. . .What role does the earth play as god?. . .The earth is god to whom and what?. . .

Answer my question or kindly tell me you are afraid of it. I am not the one chasing tail, but you are the one hiding yours under your leg. You were the one that said atheism in pantheism makes no sense. Logicboy said atheism is disbelieve in all God (pantheism included) while Wiegraf said Atheist that believe in God is confused. So deal with them and yourself.

So logic boys opinion is now fact?. . .Are you mad?. . .

Patheism is a believe in God (defined as universe).

Atheism is disbelieve in God. (all concept of God).

You keep lying, atheism does not deal with pantheism since pantheism does not define god in a way that the atheist can disbelief in it that is why many pantheist are atheist. . .Atheism only deals with theism and not pantheism, how many time have i told you that. . A natural pantheist is an atheist. . .Now let me tell you show you why the pantheist definition of god has no defined role. . .If the universe is god, what does it mean?. . .The universe is god to whom and what?. . .How is the universe god?. . .What does it mean when you say that the universe is god?. . .

Wiegraf said, an atheist believing in God is confused (you are an atheist believing in God (pantheist), also find this God very hard to disbelieve. If atheism is disbelieve in God, then believing in pantheist God is confusion like comrade wiegraf put it and it is no more atheism.

So in essense, are you telling me atheism disbelieve in Monotheistic God oNLY?

Atheism can only apply to the concept of theistic god and gods. . Not pantheistic god since the pantheistic god has no role and defined role. . You just keep jumping from one place to another including lying that some patheistic religions have gods when they clearly do not. . the universe exist. . .How can I disbelief in it?. . .A theistic god can Yahweh or the hindu goddes Shiva can be be disbelieved under theism based on their attributes. . .
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:18am On Aug 18, 2014
mazaje:
You are very deluded. . there is nothing like christian atheist, it does not exist any where. . You are just deluded, so far you have been throwing and making things up looking for what will stick. . christain atheist is your own making and remains your own delusion. . .Nothing like that exist anywhere. . .

Guy today is monday and I will appeal to you, during this week, lets play mature. Do away with insult. . . .we cannot agree over everything abeg.

If you havent heard about christian atheism, why cant you google?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism

Now that we have known what christian atheism is, shall we go with your logic that atheism deals with pantheism which is the reason why we have pantheistic atheism so we can also have christian atheism because atheism deals with christianity?

mazaje:
Buddhism is an atheistic religion because it is a philosophy that has no god as its central tenet, most Buddhist are in fact atheist because Buddhism does not actually believe in god per say. it is a philosophy on how life should be lived. . .Buddhist do not believe in god as such the religion is an atheistic religion or a pantheist religion. . .

Yet we have devas, temples, sacred book, practice rituals, go on pilgrimage, believes in fairy tales and go spiritual.

How does the above equates to atheism?

This bullshhiit has been destroyed. . . . . .https://www.nairaland.com/1464785/atheist-why-embracing-buddhism-not

mazaje:
Do Buddhist believe in god?

No, we do not.

http://www.buddhanet.net/ans73.htm

What is Devas, gods. . . . .do they believe in it. Yes.

http://buddhism.about.com/od/becomingabuddhist/fl/Gods-in-Buddhism.htm

Here is the list of Gods in buddhism , Yama the God of Death, Mara the tempter deity....Deva in sanskrit means a god/demigod (Like an angel or something). Brahmā, Asura, Śakra, Yaksha, Sariputta, Tara, Kwan Yin and many other Gods are found in Buddhism. Asura means Demons, naraka (hell) and nirvana (heaven).

Mr, is this what you call atheistic?

In Asia countries, buddhism is treated like religion with devotees.

Actually it can adherent can be buddhist atheist but that does not make atheism deals with buddhism with all those Devas (deities), spiritual activities like ritual and prayers.

Going by your logic, does finding of buddhist atheist makes atheism deals with buddhism?

mazaje:
here you are again lying anyhow and making things up. . .

Jainism do not believe in any god.

Jainism and the divine

[i]Jains do not believe in a God or gods in the way that many other religions do, but they do believe in divine (or at least perfect) beings who are worthy of devotion.[/i]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/jainism/beliefs/god.shtml

Define God, it is still the same thing as the colored text above.

Let me explain. . . . .Jains do not believe in creator God but do believe in 24 Tirthankaras. What are this beings. . . .superhumans!

Here is a definition of God

2. (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

You even agree they are worthy of devotion.

Here is a material I got for you:

"""Worship is an act of reverence, of giving or acknowledging worth to something/someone beyond yourself. In this way, despite the fact that Jains do not have a central God(s), Jains offer worship to the 24 Tirthankaras.

For those who utilize idols, daily worship may occur in either a sacred space in the home or in a community temple. Worship within any context is called puja. Home puja is often very simple. Often there is at least one Jina idol upon a dedicated shelf or altar. A devotee will shower, dress in simple white or special clothing for the puja and enter the space with “Namo Jinanam” which means “I bow to the Jina.” After this greeting, one may repeat “Nisihii” three times to help remove outside thoughts and bring focus to worship.

At this time, a devotee might bow and recite the most important mantra in the Jain faith; the Navkar Mantra.

Namo Arihantanam(I bow to Arihanta)

Namo Siddhanam(I bow to Siddha)

Namo Ayariyanam(I bow to Acharya)

Namo Uvajjhayanam(I bow to Upadhyaya)

Namo Loe Savva-sahunam(I bow to Sadhu and Sadhvi)

Each of these represent those in the Jain way that have reached moksha, destroyed karmas, teach the Jain philosophy, or are on the monastic path toward moksha. By showing respect toward these individuals, a devotee commits themselves to the path.""

Patch this to the definition, what do you see, I see God. And you?

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2014
mazaje: . . .Hinduism is a a theistic religion that has a supreme god figure. . .Hinduism is NOT a pantheist religion stop making things up. . .

Hindus have a multitude of gods and goddesses that symbolize the one abstract Supreme Being or Brahman. The most fundamental of Hindu deities are the Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva

http://hinduism.about.com/od/godsgoddesses/tp/deities.htm

Hindus actually have a central supreme being they call god. . .It is NOT a pantheist religion stop making things up. .

So much I wish to ignore this, I think I wont give you the chance of shouting me down with your ignorance. The last time you did this was when you said panthiesm has no intake in christianity. I had to look away from it becuase that is not where are heading to. Simple google search can help you in cases like this. Just search and if nothing comes up, argue against me instead of embarrassing yourself here.

Here is an excerpt from http://www.pantheism.net/paul/

""The central philosophical scriptures of Hinduism are pantheistic. Many atheists and humanists may be naturalistic pantheists without realizing it.

To the rich history of Pantheism, represented by thinkers and readings from every tradition - from Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism to ancient Greece, Rome, Islam and Christianity - and every age, from the sixth century BC to the present day. For completeness, some Christian, Moslem and Jewish panentheists have been included. Panentheists believe that God is greater than the universe, but is alsointhe universe and nature.""

another here http://www.gotquestions.org/pantheism.html

""Pantheism is the supposition behind many cults and false religions (e.g., Hinduism and Buddhism to an extent, the various unity and unification cults, and “mother nature” worshippers).""

Read more here http://naturalpantheist./2012/11/23/hindu-pantheism/

mazaje: . . .Mother earth is god meaning what?. . .What the hell is mother earth?. . .The earth is a planet. . .How is it god?. . .God in what sense?. . .What do you mean that the earth is god?. . .What role does the earth play as god?. . .The earth is god to whom and what?. . .

Pls say us this your ignorant rants.

As you can read up there, Mother Nature is same thing as Mother earth which is a pantheist Goddess. In Yoruba,she is Orisha Iyale.

Read about it here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Nature

she is being prayed to,rituals made to them and seen as Goddess in deffrent cultures and religion across the world.

Will you as an atheist disbelieve in goddess (mother earth)?

mazaje: So logic boys opinion is now fact?. . .Are you mad?. . .

Am not mad sir

At least he speaks some truths.

atheism is a lack of belief in god or gods. that includes spinoza's or pantheists.

If atheism is the disbelief in all God/gods, were you not the one that said disbelieve in pantheistic god is not making sense?

Wiegraf said an atheist that believe in god is confused. . . . .you believe in pantheists god therefore you are no more an atheist.

This is simple.

mazaje: You keep lying, atheism does not deal with pantheism since pantheism does not define god in a way that the atheist can disbelief in it that is why many pantheist are atheist. . .Atheism only deals with theism and not pantheism, how many time have i told you that. .

atheism simply is No God. Not no theism.

Pantheism is there is God.

How does this relate?

mazaje: A natural pantheist is an atheist. . .

true. But would be spiritual when prayer and others comes in.

mazaje: Now let me tell you show you why the pantheist definition of god has no defined role. . .If the universe is god, what does it mean?. . .The universe is god to whom and what?. . .How is the universe god?. . .What does it mean when you say that the universe is god?. . .

Read little about mother earth, she has role.

mazaje: Atheism can only apply to the concept of theistic god and gods. .

Then it is not more atheism.

mazaje: Not pantheistic god since the pantheistic god has no role and defined role. . You just keep jumping from one place to another including lying that some patheistic religions have gods when they clearly do not. . the universe exist. . .How can I disbelief in it?. . .A theistic god can Yahweh or the hindu goddess Shiva can be be disbelieved under theism based on their attributes. . .

When you believe in pantheist God, you are no more an atheist.

That is very simple.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2014
mazaje:

In have provided answer to you already and am tired of your incoherence. . .Atheism does not apply to pantheism because pantheism itself is atheism in some cases, i have gone all the way to provide scholarly opinion that states that considers atheism and pantheism to be the same or very closely related. . .Some atheist consider themselves to be pantheist...a naturalist pantheist is an atheist. . .Atheism makes sense only with theism and not pantheism since pantheism is closely related to atheism, if you don't understand that then i can not help you. . .

Lol

Mazaje doing everything to avoid his as s exposure.

Pantheism is simply Pan + theos which mean everything is God. In this sense, there substance of BELIEVE in God. One fascinitaing fact is that in some cultures, this God has variations, they are personified and plays a role. In other cultures, this Gods are prayed to, rituals are made for them, they are idolized, some mades it into sacred texts and accounts. A very good example is Mother Earth.

Atheism simple is No God/god. In this sense, an atheist DISBELIEVE in all God/gods. This mean to say that they have nothing to do wherever God is involve.

I wont deny the fact that atheist can be pantheist. This is the same reason we have christian atheism but this does not mean pantheism and atheism are the same.

- Pantheism deals with God. Atheism got no biz with God.

- Patheism defines God, atheism do not but touches all form of God.

- patheism believe, atheism disbelieve.

- patheism involves some spiritual activities like prayer, ritual and attaching roles to their God, atheism negate all of this.

- pantheism sees nature and the universe as God, atheism sees nature and universe as what it is. . . . No divinity whatsoever.

So tell me how are they the same?

Now that you have said atheism is the disbelieve in ONLY theistic God/gods. . . . . .do you mean to tell me pantheism is not form of theism?

Be specifc, what form of theism are you reffering to?

If you mean to say not all form of theism, do you realise that is no more atheism?

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
Oduduwaboy: In short , i got tired of defending God against common sense.

Same here. By the way, I lend more towards pantheism. The blind god in your urine tongue
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

So much I wish to ignore this, I think I wont give you the chance of shouting me down with your ignorance. The last time you did this was when you said panthiesm has no intake in christianity. I had to look away from it becuase that is not where are heading to. Simple google search can help you in cases like this. Just search and if nothing comes up, argue against me instead of embarrassing yourself here.

Here is an excerpt from http://www.pantheism.net/paul/

Pantheism has no place in christianity, stop going to bogus websites to get nonsense, we all know the role of god in christianity, christianity is e very monotheistic religion, any other claim about it being a pantheistic religion remains yours and also remains a lie. . .In the course of this discussion I have clearly given you the definition of god according to it and your only reply was that you know someone that says it also means energy, i really do not know what to do with that nonsense. . .From the link you posted it clearly talks about ow christianity is not a pantheistic religion. . .

The clearest biblical arguments against pantheism are the countless commands against idolatry. The Bible forbids the worship of idols, angels, celestial objects, items in nature, etc. If pantheism were true, it would not be wrong to worship such an object, because that object would, in fact, be God. If pantheism were true, worshipping a rock or an animal would have just as much validity as worshipping God as an invisible and spiritual being. The Bible’s clear and consistent denunciation of idolatry is a conclusive argument against pantheism

""The central philosophical scriptures of Hinduism are pantheistic. Many atheists and humanists may be naturalistic pantheists without realizing it.

To the rich history of Pantheism, represented by thinkers and readings from every tradition - from Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism to ancient Greece, Rome, Islam and Christianity - and every age, from the sixth century BC to the present day. For completeness, some Christian, Moslem and Jewish panentheists have been included. Panentheists believe that God is greater than the universe, but is alsointhe universe and nature.""

another here http://www.gotquestions.org/pantheism.html

You seem to be all over the place, you did not even read the link you posted, it says the central philosophical scriptures of hinduism are pantheistic but they religion it self is not pantheistic but Panentheistsic. . .There is a difference btw pantheism and Panentheistism they are not the same. . . In pantheism there is no such thing as a personal deity. God is the same with the universe, humans are parts of it, but in Hinduism there is a personal god. . .Hindus worship god or many gods and consider them to be personal. .. How is Hinduism a pantheistic religion when it believe in personal deities and supreme beings?. . .

""Pantheism is the supposition behind many cults and false religions (e.g., Hinduism and Buddhism to an extent, the various unity and unification cults, and “mother nature” worshippers).""

Read more here http://naturalpantheist./2012/11/23/hindu-pantheism/

This is a false opinion of the writer, how again how is Hinduism a pantheistic religion when it advocates personal deities and supreme beings?. . .Where in the hindu doctrine does it claim that the earth is god or that the universe is god?. . .You just go about copying bogus claims from websites that don't even know what they are talking about. . .

Pls say us this your ignorant rants.

As you can read up there, Mother Nature is same thing as Mother earth which is a pantheist Goddess. In Yoruba,she is Orisha Iyale.

Read about it here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Nature

she is being prayed to,rituals made to them and seen as Goddess in deffrent cultures and religion across the world.

The problem is no where in the link does it even suggest that mother earth is a pantheist goddess. . .You are just lying here again. . ,The linbk you posted actually talks about mother earth as one of the many gods of the Greek pantheon for example. .

Demeter would take the place of her grandmother, Gaia, and her mother, Rhea, as goddess of the earth in a time when humans and gods thought the activities of the heavens more sacred than those of earth.[2]

— Leeming, Creation Myths of the World: An Encyclopedia

Here it list mother earth as one of the many god in the Greek polytheist pantheon of gods and goddesses. . .

Another one from the link. . .

In Inca mythology, Mama Pacha or Pachamama is a fertility goddess who presides over planting and harvesting. Pachamama is usually translated as "Mother Earth" but a more literal translation would be "Mother Universe" (in Aymara and Quechua mama = mother / pacha = world, space-time or the universe).[6] Pachamama and her husband, Inti are the most benevolent deities and are worshiped in parts of the Andean mountain ranges, also known as Tawantinsuyu (stretching from present day Ecuador to Chile and Argentina).

here we see mother earth as one of the polytheist goddess. . .You are not even reading what you are posting. . .Now where does it even suggest that mother earth is a pantheistic god. . .Again my question still stands how is the earth a god in pantheism?. . .God to whom and what?. . .What role does mother earth play in pantheism, so far you have only posted a link that talks about the role mother earth plays among other polytheistic gods. . .

Will you as an atheist disbelieve in goddess (mother earth)?

Sure. . .If you explain the role mother earth plays, her attributes and if she is a personification of some things. . .But if you say that the earth is god, then an atheist can not disbelieve that. . .When you turn the role of earth as a mythical figure then an atheist can disbelieve in that. . .

Am not mad sir

At least he speaks some truths.

atheism is a lack of belief in god or gods. that includes spinoza's or pantheists.

If atheism is the disbelief in all God/gods, were you not the one that said disbelieve in pantheistic god is not making sense?

Wiegraf said an atheist that believe in god is confused. . . . .you believe in pantheists god therefore you are no more an atheist.

This is simple.

You call your self an atheist yet you also believe in the existence of some gods, what does that make you?. . .I don;t care about the opinion of wiegraf or logic boy. . .atheism doesn't have to be defined by you because you don't even know what you are saying. . .Pantheism doesn't apply to atheism because natural pantheist are atheist. . .The defination of god is very different, atheism can not apply to some definition of god, if you say the natural universe is god, atheism can not apply to it, but if you say that Brahma is a god that came from Buri and controls the whole world as a supreme being then atheism can apply to such a god idea. . .Some god ideas are meaningless when it comes to atheism. . You just want to drag this on and on. .I will not respond to this any more from now. . .

atheism simply is No God. Not no theism.

Pantheism is there is God.

How does this relate?

What is god in pantheism?. . .Which role does the universe play as god?. . .What are its attributes?. . .How does the universe as god affect humans?. . .What do you mean when you say the universe is god as a pantheist?. . .What does god mean in pantheism?. . .

true. But would be spiritual when prayer and others comes in.

A natural pantheist does not believe in prayer and spirituality. . .naturalism by definition discards and disregards spirituality. .What are you saying?. . .

Read little about mother earth, she has role.

According to polytheistic conceptions of god which your wikipideia entry talks about mother earth as a role among the other gods, polytheism is not pantheism. . .what role does mother earth play as a pantheist god?. .What is the role of mother earth as a pantheistic god?. . .

Then it is not more atheism.

When you believe in pantheist God, you are no more an atheist.

That is very simple.

What is god in pantheism?. . .The universe is god means what?. . .How is the universe god?. .What are the attributes of the universe as god? .what role does the universe play as god?...what do you mean when you say that the universe is god? When you provide answer to this question then I'll show you how atheism can not apply to pantheism. . .By the way you claim to believe in some gods yet you call your self an atheist are you not confused?. . .
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Lol

Mazaje doing everything to avoid his as s exposure.

Pantheism is simply Pan + theos which mean everything is God. In this sense, there substance of BELIEVE in God. One fascinitaing fact is that in some cultures, this God has variations, they are personified and plays a role. In other cultures, this Gods are prayed to, rituals are made for them, they are idolized, some mades it into sacred texts and accounts. A very good example is Mother Earth.

Atheism simple is No God/god. In this sense, an atheist DISBELIEVE in all God/gods. This mean to say that they have nothing to do wherever God is involve.

I wont deny the fact that atheist can be pantheist. This is the same reason we have christian atheism but this does not mean pantheism and atheism are the same.

- Pantheism deals with God. Atheism got no biz with God.

- Patheism defines God, atheism do not but touches all form of God.

- patheism believe, atheism disbelieve.

- patheism involves some spiritual activities like prayer, ritual and attaching roles to their God, atheism negate all of this.

- pantheism sees nature and the universe as God, atheism sees nature and universe as what it is. . . . No divinity whatsoever.

So tell me how are they the same?

Now that you have said atheism is the disbelieve in ONLY theistic God/gods. . . . . .do you mean to tell me pantheism is not form of theism?

Be specifc, what form of theism are you reffering to?

If you mean to say not all form of theism, do you realise that is no more atheism?

Let me just make it clear. . .

Pantheism: The belief that nature is god. No supernatural deity is involved in this. Everything in nature is god. . .

Theism: The belief in a personal god(s), generally described by different religious doctrines. This god(s) is/are a supernatural deities and is/are separate from nature, created and controls nature and have many other attributes(Omnipotent, omniscience, benevolent etc ). . .

How can atheism apply to pantheism when god simply isn't well defined, has no role, has no attributes and does nothing?. . .What is the role of god in pantheism?. . .does the have supernatural powers in pantheism for example?. . .i just want us to get some things straight. . .
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by wiegraf: 3:09am On Aug 22, 2014
Bump
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:28am On Aug 23, 2014
mazaje:

Let me just make it clear. . .

Pantheism: The belief that nature is god. No supernatural deity is involved in this. Everything in nature is god. . .

Theism: The belief in a personal god(s), generally described by different religious doctrines. This god(s) is/are a supernatural deities and is/are separate from nature, created and controls nature and have many other attributes(Omnipotent, omniscience, benevolent etc ). . .

How can atheism apply to pantheism when god simply isn't well defined, has no role, has no attributes and does nothing?. . .What is the role of god in pantheism?. . .does the have supernatural powers in pantheism for example?. . .i just want us to get some things straight. . .

Dude I think we are getting somewhere. . . . .though you might not agree with me but it seem I can lead you there, and we are getting there.

You defined patheism as nature viewed as god. . . . . Mother earth is nature personifed as God. One thing is when I stated that Mother Earth is pantheistic God, you declined this but your definition is here showing I was right. One thing you failed to realise is that pantheism is interwoven with and has a strong effect in polytheism and monotheism.

Pantheistic God on it own has no basic ground but when it is moved to other form of theism, you will find answers to many meanings it has tied to it. All those attributes of God you have enlisted in your description of theism God are mere mental creative attachment to the God meant. . . . .these are just figurative expression.

Now let go down a little. Pantheism from what I have learnt stands not alone. It is system of some religion, pagan especially. . . .well I might be wrong though.

Considering the role of Pantheist God, it is abundant on the wiki page where Mother Earth is explain. She is meant to nurture lifes. That is her primary role. There might be other roles in other spirituality but in Yoruba, she is Iyá Ilè or better put iyálè. She is known as the mother of everything on earth, she guides person to blessing which she stored in her house, her children plays on her and her wrath could lead to eating them.

Here is an excerpt of prayer dedicated to Iyale

Iba ta pebe owo
Iba apebe ese
Iba akoda
Iba aseda
Iba ojiji ateleni mo dehin ti o se mu so
Ile ogere afoko yeri , alapooka je kaye o tu wa, ka gbe ori re se rere o
Ero ni tigbin
Ero ni ti koko lagbala
Ero pese ni ajo aye gbogbo wa yio je o
KO TU 'BA, KO TU 'SE
IRE

Macof and PASTORAIO could pls help with translation. There are some words I cant get direct english for there.

But this is what I could make from it.

Praises to palm
praises to underfoot
Praises to the first mother to be
Praise to the mother of all creatures
Praises to shadow, ones escort that cannot be tie down
Praises to Mother Earth who direct nature, combing her hair with hoe, who owns a large store, grant us life to prosper
People of Igbin

. . . . .

She also stands witness between two or more parties making covenant.

When an oath is made, there is this common saying, ' we have eaten with Ile, we have drink with her, we must not stand on her belly and backslide, those who betray would be punish by Ile.

She cannot die

she receive sacrifices.

These are what I can remember, I will mention Macof to help me more on this.

These are roles, you can pick her attribute there.

On the question of if Mother earth is supernatura, it depend on what you mean by supernatural. In Ikale, they believe Mother earth beats person. . . .'ilelu'. They also believe Ile can be prayed to or manipulated for a course. I don have explanation for this though.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:23am On Aug 23, 2014
Again, you are in here with epsitle. . . .I will have to break this in different quote so that I may give a direct comment.

mazaje:

Pantheism has no place in christianity, stop going to bogus websites to get nonsense, we all know the role of god in christianity, christianity is e very monotheistic religion, any other claim about it being a pantheistic religion remains yours and also remains a lie. . .In the course of this discussion I have clearly given you the definition of god according to it and your only reply was that you know someone that says it also means energy, i really do not know what to do with that nonsense. . .From the link you posted it clearly talks about ow christianity is not a pantheistic religion. . .

The clearest biblical arguments against pantheism are the countless commands against idolatry. The Bible forbids the worship of idols, angels, celestial objects, items in nature, etc. If pantheism were true, it would not be wrong to worship such an object, because that object would, in fact, be God. If pantheism were true, worshipping a rock or an animal would have just as much validity as worshipping God as an invisible and spiritual being. The Bible’s clear and consistent denunciation of idolatry is a conclusive argument against pantheism

Sir, we are getting ourselves wrong. I know very sure my case is the choise of words and with this, you missed my whole target.

Christianity does not support pantheism as well as atheism but that does not mean we do not have pantheistic christians or christian atheism.

Christianity does not support astrology but we have christian who do. . . . .they always point their hands into the bible for evidence of astrology. In this sense, each character represent celestial body or an event represent a natural event.

Christianity do support one God but withing the bible, we were told there are Gods, been worship according to each nation.

In this very bible, I can go on and prove to you that christianity embrace Idolatory. Though doctrine of today might not support in anymore.

Same goes with pantheism and christianity. . . . .ask yourself this question. . . .when Jesus is explained as the Sun while lucifer is planet venus, hades expressed as pluto. . .. Is this not pantheism?

mazaje:

You seem to be all over the place, you did not even read the link you posted, it says the central philosophical scriptures of hinduism are pantheistic but they religion it self is not pantheistic but Panentheistsic. . . There is a difference btw pantheism and Panentheistism they are not the same. . . In pantheism there is no such thing as a personal deity. God is the same with the universe, humans are parts of it, but in Hinduism there is a personal god. . .Hindus worship god or many gods and consider them to be personal. .. How is Hinduism a pantheistic religion when it believe in personal deities and supreme beings?. . .

I think the bold clarify me here. Mazaje, we get over each other because I think you just want to disagree with me.

Panenthiesm is another form of pantheism. It like mentioning christianity and you said it is not the same with celestial church of christ maybe because they have a distinct difference in doctrine which negate christianity. E,g, the worship of angels.

In Hinduism like you agree, pantheism is contain in the central philosophical structure. . . .also like mentioned in some site, it made it into Hindi scripture (vedas).

You also agree that pantheism is not supported in Hindu religion BUT this religion persay is more panentheism (another form of pantheism).

If panentheism is a form of pantheism. . . . .cant we then say that Hindism is pantheistic?

Am I wrong mentioning that Hinduism is pantheistic while panentheism which it really is is another form of pantheism?

Let us be clear on panthiesm cutting across christianity and Hinduism
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:52am On Aug 23, 2014
mazaje:

This is a false opinion of the writer, how again how is Hinduism a pantheistic religion when it advocates personal deities and supreme beings?. . .Where in the hindu doctrine does it claim that the earth is god or that the universe is god?. . .You just go about copying bogus claims from websites that don't even know what they are talking about. . .

Guy I know what I am talking about. . . . .

Hinduism originally is Sanatana Dharma. Do you care to know what that mean?

http://www.swamij.com/sanatana-dharma-what-is.htm

It is pantheistic.

Pantheism is traceable from some of the more ancient Vedas and Upanishads to vishishtadvaita philosophy. All Mahāvākyas (Great Sayings) of the Upanishads, in one way or another, seem to indicate the unity of the world with the Brahmam. It further says “This whole universe is Brahman, from Brahman to a clod of earth."

Not only that it says there is only one God; it says that everything in this universe are manifestations of God. In Hinduism, there is no the concept of "creation" in the literal sense of the word. It is God who becomes or manifests as the universe. The universe is not different from God. Everything is God. So, the devotee can take anything which appeals to him as a form of God, and worship Him. The exact name and form do not matter. The attitude and sincerity is what matters.

Similarly a Hindu does not worship a tree or a hill just because it is a tree or a hill. The tree or hill is considered a symbol of God and it is the transcendent God who is worshipped through the natural objects. It is the Creator who is worshipped through the creation.

It is generally asserted that Hindu religious texts are the oldest known literature that contains Pantheistic ideas. In Hindu theology, Brahman is the unchanging, infinite, immanent, and transcendent reality which is the Divine Ground of all things in this Universe, and is also the sum total of all that ever is, was, or ever shall be.

Though it is both pantheistic and panentheistic. There are different schools of thought. Acc. to Advaita, (non-dualism), 'Aham BrahmAsmi' (I am God), all creation are manifestations of that One god/BrahmaN. This is similar to buddhism in 'Universal consciousness'. one worships to that manifestation of nature/god's qualities in their appealing form/icons. This is pantheistic.

But, most aphorisms/upanishads, describe that BrahmaN is in the heart of every creation and exists beyond as the Supreme Being, which is Panentheistic. One can accept any form of god as BrahmaN/creator and/or worhsip any number of deities. [Both monotheistic/ polytheistic].

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/basics/tenq/tenq_1.html

mazaje:

The problem is no where in the link does it even suggest that mother earth is a pantheist goddess. . .You are just lying here again. . ,The linbk you posted actually talks about mother earth as one of the many gods of the Greek pantheon for example. .

here we see mother earth as one of the polytheist goddess. . .You are not even reading what you are posting. . .Now where does it even suggest that mother earth is a pantheistic god. . .Again my question still stands how is the earth a god in pantheism?. . .God to whom and what?. . .What role does mother earth play in pantheism, so far you have only posted a link that talks about the role mother earth plays among other polytheistic gods. . .

Did you missed this post?

https://www.nairaland.com/1855866/why-atheist/8#25697007

You defined patheism as nature viewed as god. . . . . Mother earth is nature personifed as God. One thing is when I stated that Mother Earth is pantheistic God, you declined this but your definition is here showing I was right. One thing you failed to realise is that pantheism is interwoven with and has a strong effect in polytheism and monotheism.

Here is a definition by http://www.gotquestions.org/pantheism.html

Pantheism is the supposition behind many cults and false religions (e.g., Hinduism and Buddhism to an extent, the various unity and unification cults, and “mother nature” worshippers).""

Is this not Mother Earth, a pantheist God, in ancient tradition which is polytheistic.

Your expresseion in the link above even showed Mother God is pantheistic.

I know whats wrong, you dont wanna agree with me. . . .so you turn down all facts from me.

Lol

but i enjoy the breaking of bones.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 11:18am On Aug 23, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Dude I think we are getting somewhere. . . . .though you might not agree with me but it seem I can lead you there, and we are getting there.

Pantheistic God on it own has no basic ground but when it is moved to other form of theism, you will find answers to many meanings it has tied to it. All those attributes of God you have enlisted in your description of theism God are mere mental creative attachment to the God meant. . . . .these are just figurative expression.

Now let go down a little. Pantheism from what I have learnt stands not alone. It is system of some religion, pagan especially. . . .well I might be wrong though.

Considering the role of Pantheist God, it is abundant on the wiki page where Mother Earth is explain. She is meant to nurture lifes. That is her primary role. There might be other roles in other spirituality but in Yoruba, she is Iyá Ilè or better put iyálè. She is known as the mother of everything on earth, she guides person to blessing which she stored in her house, her children plays on her and her wrath could lead to eating them.

Here is an excerpt of prayer dedicated to Iyale

Iba ta pebe owo
Iba apebe ese
Iba akoda
Iba aseda
Iba ojiji ateleni mo dehin ti o se mu so
Ile ogere afoko yeri , alapooka je kaye o tu wa, ka gbe ori re se rere o
Ero ni tigbin
Ero ni ti koko lagbala
Ero pese ni ajo aye gbogbo wa yio je o
KO TU 'BA, KO TU 'SE
IRE

Macof and PASTORAIO could pls help with translation. There are some words I cant get direct english for there.

But this is what I could make from it.

Praises to palm
praises to underfoot
Praises to the first mother to be
Praise to the mother of all creatures
Praises to shadow, ones escort that cannot be tie down
Praises to Mother Earth who direct nature, combing her hair with hoe, who owns a large store, grant us life to prosper
People of Igbin

. . . . .

She also stands witness between two or more parties making covenant.

When an oath is made, there is this common saying, ' we have eaten with Ile, we have drink with her, we must not stand on her belly and backslide, those who betray would be punish by Ile.

She cannot die

she receive sacrifices.

These are what I can remember, I will mention Macof to help me more on this.

These are roles, you can pick her attribute there.

On the question of if Mother earth is supernatura, it depend on what you mean by supernatural. In Ikale, they believe Mother earth beats person. . . .'ilelu'. They also believe Ile can be prayed to or manipulated for a course. I don have explanation for this though.

My point exactly, god under pantheism has no meaning, it isn't well defined, has no role, no attributes and does nothing. . .If you take the pantheistic idea of god and fuse it into another form of theism say polytheism, it makes sense but it no longer becomes pantheism in my opinion. . .Again, if you say the universe is god what does it mean?. . .What role does the universe play as god?. . .What are its attributes?. . .Is it eternal?.. Was it un-created, does it requires worship?. . .Does it give special treatment to those who worship it?.. Is the universe conscious. . .Can the universe perform wonders that are beyond what we know to be natural?. . .What role does it play as god?. . .God under pantheism isn't well defined, has no attributes, has role and does nothing, but when the idea of god under pantheism is put into other form of theism then it makes sense and then can be shown to be true or false, can be believed or disbelieved. . .

In your example with mother earth I can say that such a god can be believed or disbelieved based on the attributes you have ascribed to the god. For example the earth will die some day, the earth is not eternal(even the sun that is responsible for the earths existence will die away someday). So your mother earth god is not to be believed . .atheism can apply here because you have given god a role, which can be studied, verified and a conclusion can be drawn. . .In this case, I can say that even though the earth exist, it doesn't exist as god based on the attributes you have given such a god. . But when you say that the earth is god without any defined attributes and role then I can't disbelief in it or say that atheism applies to it. . ..Hope you get what am saying here?. . .
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2014
mazaje:

Sure. . .If you explain the role mother earth plays, her attributes and if she is a personification of some things. . .But if you say that the earth is god, then an atheist can not disbelieve that. . .When you turn the role of earth as a mythical figure then an atheist can disbelieve in that. . .

Mythical figure is simply a creative attachment to natural entities expressed through mythology.

Have you seen Oriki (praises) once? Some family praise their child as if the child is flying in the sky. . . . .this does not mean that child does not exist.

Kings are mostly refer to as God. . . .this does not mean kings do not exist.

Going by this and what you posted in that quote, believe in God/god is no more atheism.

Those who claim to be an atheist yet believe in God are just confused. . . .you are included.

mazaje:

You call your self an atheist yet you also believe in the existence of some gods, what does that make you?. . .I don;t care about the opinion of wiegraf or logic boy. . .atheism doesn't have to be defined by you because you don't even know what you are saying. . .Pantheism doesn't apply to atheism because natural pantheist are atheist. . .The defination of god is very different, atheism can not apply to some definition of god, if you say the natural universe is god, atheism can not apply to it, but if you say that Brahma is a god that came from Buri and controls the whole world as a supreme being then atheism can apply to such a god idea. . .Some god ideas are meaningless when it comes to atheism. . You just want to drag this on and on. .I will not respond to this any more from now. . .

I am a spiritual atheist. . . . There is clear difference between that and traditional atheism.

Why would you decline the opinion of your comrades who are atheist. . . .declining them mean you are either confused or they are confused.

Saying atheism is Disbelieve in some God and believe in other Gods contradicting your comrades who defined atheism as disbelieve in all God shows you are all confused. I guess this is the reason you are avoiding the question. . . .you do not want your a z z out. . . .

Lol

mazaje:

What is god in pantheism?. . .Which role does the universe play as god?. . .What are its attributes?. . .How does the universe as god affect humans?. . .What do you mean when you say the universe is god as a pantheist?. . .What does god mean in pantheism?. . .

Read about mother earth. . . .there your answers lie.

mazaje:

A natural pantheist does not believe in prayer and spirituality. . .naturalism by definition discards and disregards spirituality. .What are you saying?. . .

Wrong. . . .

Spiritualism is natural. Do some reading about that.

Aborisha thread opened by me have answers to this.

mazaje:

According to polytheistic conceptions of god which your wikipideia entry talks about mother earth as a role among the other gods, polytheism is not pantheism. . .what role does mother earth play as a pantheist god?. .What is the role of mother earth as a pantheistic god?. . .

Guy what are you saying?

You defined patheism and pinched it with Mother Earth. I have shown you this in the previous post. Stop making . . . .of yourself.

Polythiesm is interwoven with pantheism. Most of the god in polythiesm are pantheistic. . . . .I.e representation of natural elements.

Gods in Yoruba spirituality (polythiestic) are representation of natural elements. . . .the totality is Eledumare. . .

mazaje:

What is god in pantheism?. . .The universe is god means what?. . .How is the universe god?. .What are the attributes of the universe as god? .what role does the universe play as god?...what do you mean when you say that the universe is god? When you provide answer to this question then I'll show you how atheism can not apply to pantheism. . .By the way you claim to believe in some gods yet you call your self an atheist are you not confused?. . .

Atheism is not about the universe only. It is all about TOTALITY seen as GOD. Pan and theos.

I am a spiritual atheist so not confused.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:17am On Aug 25, 2014
mazaje:

My point exactly, god under pantheism has no meaning, it isn't well defined, has no role, no attributes and does nothing. . .If you take the pantheistic idea of god and fuse it into another form of theism say polytheism, it makes sense but it no longer becomes pantheism in my opinion. . .Again, if you say the universe is god what does it mean?. . .What role does the universe play as god?. . .What are its attributes?. . .Is it eternal?.. Was it un-created, does it requires worship?. . .Does it give special treatment to those who worship it?.. Is the universe conscious. . .Can the universe perform wonders that are beyond what we know to be natural?. . .What role does it play as god?. . .God under pantheism isn't well defined, has no attributes, has role and does nothing, but when the idea of god under pantheism is put into other form of theism then it makes sense and then can be shown to be true or false, can be believed or disbelieved. . .

In your example with mother earth I can say that such a god can be believed or disbelieved based on the attributes you have ascribed to the god. For example the earth will die some day, the earth is not eternal(even the sun that is responsible for the earths existence will die away someday). So your mother earth god is not to be believed . .atheism can apply here because you have given god a role, which can be studied, verified and a conclusion can be drawn. . .In this case, I can say that even though the earth exist, it doesn't exist as god based on the attributes you have given such a god. . But when you say that the earth is god without any defined attributes and role then I can't disbelief in it or say that atheism applies to it. . ..Hope you get what am saying here?. . .

Good Monday morning. . . . .

We are saying the same thing. . . .but it seem you are doing everything to avoid a crucial point here which is 'God'. Case of definition is exceptional. Atheist who disbelieve in God is confused. . . . .this is when God is defined. That is the whole point which you have been avoiding.

God under pantheism has meaning. . . .it is simply DIVINITY. It has role and attributes. . . .I have shown you Iyale in Yoruba and referenced you to wiki where Mother Earth is been defined with her role. I seriously do not know what else you are looking for.

Paganism is practically nature worship. . . . .deity worship here is pantheistic, bringing us to scientific or naturalistic pantheism. So it like saying naturalistic pantheism is the same thing as nature worship or paganism. This is the bell I, macof and pagan9ja have been ringing into your ears. When God is mentioned in paganism, we are not referring to some imaginary beings but natural entities. You cant fuse pantheism into pagainsm. . .it essentially constitute part of pagan system. Being a pagan is naturalistic or scientific pantheism. . . . . .which God/god in it system you can not disbelieve in.

Th questions you asked are irrational. It has nothing to do with being God. This is some of the fictional attachment you tag to the imaginary being you created out of your brain for the purpose of disbelieve.

God could mean different thing to different people. It pains me that someone like you could be beaten blue with A concept of God. . . .do you mind if I bring in branches of this concept like Panpsychism. Here everything is conscious and God, meaning consciousness is define as God. Would you throw those your incoherent questions to consciousness too? In Egypt, kings are refer to as god, would you throw those unthoughtful questions about this God who is a king?

If you can believe in God (pantheist concept), then you are no more an atheist. . . . .

This is my point exactly.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 8:23am On Aug 25, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Good Monday morning. . . . .

We are saying the same thing. . . .but it seem you are doing everything to avoid a crucial point here which is 'God'. Case of definition is exceptional. Atheist who disbelieve in God is confused. . . . .this is when God is defined. That is the whole point which you have been avoiding.

God under pantheism has meaning. . . .it is simply DIVINITY. It has role and attributes. . . .I have shown you Iyale in Yoruba and referenced you to wiki where Mother Earth is been defined with her role. I seriously do not know what else you are looking for.

Paganism is practically nature worship. . . . .deity worship here is pantheistic, bringing us to scientific or naturalistic pantheism. So it like saying naturalistic pantheism is the same thing as nature worship or paganism. This is the bell I, macof and pagan9ja have been ringing into your ears. When God is mentioned in paganism, we are not referring to some imaginary beings but natural entities. You cant fuse pantheism into pagainsm. . .it essentially constitute part of pagan system. Being a pagan is naturalistic or scientific pantheism. . . . . .which God/god in it system you can not disbelieve in.

Th questions you asked are irrational. It has nothing to do with being God. This is some of the fictional attachment you tag to the imaginary being you created out of your brain for the purpose of disbelieve.

God could mean different thing to different people. It pains me that someone like you could be beaten blue with A concept of God. . . .do you mind if I bring in branches of this concept like Panpsychism. Here everything is conscious and God, meaning consciousness is define as God. Would you throw those your incoherent questions to consciousness too? In Egypt, kings are refer to as god, would you throw those unthoughtful questions about this God who is a king?

If you can believe in God (pantheist concept), then you are no more an atheist. . . . .

This is my point exactly.

Pantheist, Deist, polytheist.....whatever the God, there is no evidence for it.

You are just throwing big words and obfuscating.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:27am On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Pantheist, Deist, polytheist.....whatever the God, there is no evidence for it.

You are just throwing big words and obfuscating.

Mazaje, hope you are seeing this?

God is nature. . . .is there no evidence for nature?

Mother earth is a goddess that represent nature. . . .is there no evidence for nature?

Now I believe atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs.

Your stupidity is alarming. . . . .
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 8:35am On Aug 25, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Mazaje, hope you are seeing this?

God is nature. . . .is there no evidence for nature?

Mother earth is a goddess that represent nature. . . .is there no evidence for nature?

Now I believe atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs.

Your stupidity is alarming. . . . .

Let me mirror your foolish argument

The pink Unicorn is nature.......is there no evidence for nature?

Saying God is nature is a lazy man's argument. What is God?

We can define nature independently of God ie without God.

However, you cant define God without nature. God has no objective existence

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:44am On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Let me mirror your foolish argument

The pink Unicorn is nature.......is there no evidence for nature?

Saying God is nature is a lazy man's argument. What is God?

We can define nature independently of God ie without God.

However, you cant define God without nature. God has no objective existence

God is a name or simply label.

Now tell me how logic boy or other name like God does not exist . . . . .
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 8:49am On Aug 25, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

God is a name or simply label.

Now tell me how logic boy or other name like God does not exist . . . . .

Then God has no tangible existence just as the title "logicboy".

Gameover.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Then God has no tangible existence just as the title "logicboy".

Gameover.

Just like the title 'president'. . . .does not have tangible existence. In short nothing exist. Does that mean we do not have preseident existing?
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Just like the title 'president'. . . .does not have tangible existence. In short nothing exist. Does that mean we do not have preseident existing?

There is a being called the president- . A being that has a tangible existence as a man. A man that exists- we can see, touch, smell, hear the man

There is a supposed being called "God"- A being that no one has seen or felt.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

There is a being called the president- . A being that has a tangible existence as a man. A man that exists- we can see, touch, smell, hear the man

There is a supposed being called "God"- A being that no one has seen or felt.

Coward

there is a being called God. . . .twins, heroes, admired, adored person, art gallery, and natural entities. They can be touch, seen and smell. . . . . .

When you believe in president as tangible being, what happenes to God as tangible being?
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 9:30am On Aug 25, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Coward

there is a being called God. . . .twins, heroes, admired, adored person, art gallery, and natural entities. They can be touch, seen and smell. . . . . .

When you believe in president as tangible being, what happenes to God as tangible being?

Go home. You have been debunked.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:33am On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Go home. You have been debunked.

Get back to your cave. . . . .you lost a feet by your sword.

God can be a title to tangible being. . . .admired, adored or revered person/natural entity. Therefore it exist.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Get back to your cave. . . . .you lost a feet by your sword.

God can be a title to tangible being. . . .admired, adored or revered person/natural entity. Therefore it exist.

A title doesnt exist.

A rose by any other name is still beautiful
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:09am On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

A title doesnt exist.

A rose by any other name is still beautiful

the mane of my boss is rose. . . .she ugly die.

Rose is a tag, doesnt exist.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

the mane of my boss is rose. . . .she ugly die.

Rose is a tag, doesnt exist.

Put down the weed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God / Comforting Scriptures For All Relationship Crises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.