Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,276 members, 7,829,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! (2649 Views)

All Nokia Lumia Users Let's Meet Here / Thread For Nokia Lumia Users / Sony Ericsson Users, Let Share Opinnios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Alfred234(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2014
Mamaflex: yeah i jst got to know it has a removable battery. Pls what's amp? Padon my ignorance.
it's a typo error am not yet used to this Lumia keyboard
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by oyewolestephen(m): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
Alfred234: The display is better than that of Tecno phones but I don't know about Gionee
okayoooo I will give it a try
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Elxandre(m): 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
oyewolestephen: okayoooo I will give it a try
take note that the gionee e3 has a 720p display, while the 630 is 480p. That difference is not funny!

the 630 may have a better color reproduction, but it won't beat the gionee e3 in terms of pixel clarity!
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by oyewolestephen(m): 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
Basically am after accurate colour production but less consine of sharpness
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Elxandre(m): 12:15am On Aug 18, 2014
oyewolestephen: Basically am after accurate colour production but less consine of sharpness
try out the Lumia then!
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Mamaflex(f): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Elxandre:
try out the Lumia then!
Hi! I jst found out dat nokia x2 is on sale. Compare to lumia 630, which would you advice? NB. nokia hv end their future production of android phone. So what effect would that have on nokia x2?
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Elxandre(m): 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mamaflex: Hi! I jst found out dat nokia x2 is on sale. Compare to lumia 630, which would you advice? NB. nokia hv end their future production of android phone. So what effect would that have on nokia x2?
It depends on what you want.
I just checked and discovered that the x2 is cheaper than the 630. If that is your budget, well go for it o!

Let me give you a few strengths and weaknesses of both.

630 has gorilla glass screen 3, a better screen, its lighter, will be quite smoother in performance because its windows phone, has a more powerful processor and GPU, 8gb internal memory over the x2's 4gb memory, it can accept a 128gb memory card if you can afford one, a better battery life.

X2 has a front camera (a poor one though), is android, the x2 is dual sim. (if you want a dual sim 630, you could get its dual sim version the Lumia 635),

its difficult comparing windows phone to an android, because android has more apps, but on this one, since you are a woman/lady/girl I don't expect you fiddle unnecessarily with your device as much as boys do!

any questions mademoiselle? cheesy
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by chris365(m): 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
Elxandre:
Why do people spread false info?
There's file manager. (go to store and search for 'files')
You can watch any format of movie with moliplayer. (tell me, can any android apart from the beastly ones play any movie format without a third party app?)
Heck I'm even watching game of thrones ripped from a DVD on my Lumia 520!
no front camera on Lumia 920, 1020, 1520?
Paid apps? Those apps you say are paid, are also not free on android store. Except pirated apps are
readily available on android! (You can unlock your windows phone to install cracked apps if you wish)

Google is your friend,....dude..

You seem to know much about windows. Please how do I attach documents and other files aside from pic to my mail or any website directly from my onedrive? Just switched from android.

My OneDrive only show pictures when I want to add attachment. Pls someone who can assist should reply
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Elxandre(m): 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
chris365:

You seem to know much about windows. Please how do I attach documents and other files aside from pic to my mail or any website directly from my onedrive? Just switched from android.

My OneDrive only show pictures when I want to add attachment. Pls someone who can assist should reply
well, you have to update to windows phone 8.1 to access this functionality!
what device do you use?
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Mamaflex(f): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Elxandre:
It depends on what you want.
I just checked and discovered that the x2 is cheaper than the 630. If that is your budget, well go for it o!

Let me give you a few strengths and weaknesses of both.

630 has gorilla glass screen 3, a better screen, its lighter, will be quite smoother in performance because its windows phone, has a more powerful processor and GPU, 8gb internal memory over the x2's 4gb memory, it can accept a 128gb memory card if you can afford one, a better battery life.

X2 has a front camera (a poor one though), is android, the x2 is dual sim. (if you want a dual sim 630, you could get its dual sim version the Lumia 635),

its difficult comparing windows phone to an android, because android has more apps, but on this one, since you are a woman/lady/girl I don't expect you fiddle unnecessarily with your device as much as boys do!

any questions mademoiselle? cheesy
cheesy yes, 630 is more xpensive. Wait! 630 is not a dual sim??
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by oyewolestephen(m): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
But lumia 630 is dual sim while 635 is 4g versions
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Elxandre:
Why do people spread false info?
There's file manager. (go to store and search for 'files')
You can watch any format of movie with moliplayer. (tell me, can any android apart from the beastly ones play any movie format without a third party app?)
Heck I'm even watching game of thrones ripped from a DVD on my Lumia 520!
no front camera on Lumia 920, 1020, 1520?
Paid apps? Those apps you say are paid, are also not free on android store. Except pirated apps are
readily available on android! (You can unlock your windows phone to install cracked apps if you wish)

Google is your friend,....dude..
***hey bro we need 2 talk і ам цsin Lumia 520 ¡ can't play other video formats whic app should I usз 4 dat
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Elxandre(m): 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mamaflex: cheesy yes, 630 is more xpensive. Wait! 630 is not a dual sim??
yeah maa'm.
635 is the dual sim version! grin sorry

edited*** Lumia 630 seems to have dual sim versions.
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Elxandre(m): 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
snowprince07: ***hey bro we need 2 talk і ам цsin Lumia 520 ¡ can't play other video formats whic app should I usз 4 dat
Download moliplayer pro from windows phone store. Its paid tho. $4

OR

change your phone region to China. search for moliplayer (without the pro in front)
Download it.
Use it grin

Note that there are two moliplayers, the pro, which is the paid version with all features unlocked, and the ordinary version with some unnecessary features locked.
If you don't switch to China, you won't see the free one. cheesy
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Elxandre(m): 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
oyewolestephen: But lumia 630 is dual sim while 635 is 4g versions
seems you're right bro!
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by timbs001(m): 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Boomboost: Mamaflex,y don't u settle 4 android insted of windows phone.
For me,from my xperience wit lumia 630,d fone no get file manager,2 watch videos downloaded na problem til u don update xbox,no front camera 4 selfies,no flashlight,you'l b stuck with 1 theme except u change its color,few apps most are paid,etc...
Bros no discourage the guy na. Plenty file manager full windows store. You can download "Files" by Microsoft or hosts of other free file managers.
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Mamaflex(f): 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
Elxandre:
yeah maa'm.
635 is the dual sim version! grin sorry

edited*** Lumia 630 seems to have dual sim versions.
Thanks grin grin
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Mamaflex(f): 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
Alfred234: The Lumia 630 has gorilla LCD screen with 16million colour display... Just got mine yesterday its a cool phone.
Hi Alfred234, does the phone come with bbm and whatsapp? Cos, i called a phone shop the shopkeeper said it does'nt come with them. Pls i need clarification/confirmation from you as a user. Tnks
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Alfred234(m): 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mamaflex: Hi Alfred234, does the phone come with bbm and whatsapp? Cos, i called a phone shop the shopkeeper said it does'nt come with them. Pls i need clarification/confirmation from you as a user. Tnks
it doesn't come with BBM and whatsapp but u can download them.
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Mamaflex(f): 11:39am On Aug 19, 2014
Alfred234: it doesn't come with BBM and whatsapp but u can download them.
And they are workin fine? Would you advice i go for it?
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by chris365(m): 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
Elxandre:
well, you have to update to windows phone 8.1 to access this functionality!
what device do you use?

It's a Lumia 630 with windows 8.1.
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Alfred234(m): 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
Who knows how I can setup Cortana on my 630?
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by chris365(m): 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Alfred234: Who knows how I can setup Cortana on my 630?

Cortana can only work if you change your region the USA. Do it and restart the phone, it will show. The phone is truly worth more than the price.
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by Mamaflex(f): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
chris365:

Cortana can only work if you change your region the USA. Do it and restart the phone, it will show. The phone is truly worth more than the price.
I'm gettin mine on delivery soonest. Hope i'd like it.
Re: Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! by jocund0: 9:39am On Jul 02, 2015
please help me!! I am using windowphone 610 7.5 and i went to obasanjo complex minna for update and they said is unable to update. Please i need your help which place can i go again for update.? In minna

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gionee M2017 - Phone With Largest Battery Ever / How To Remove Scratches On Your Android Screen(pics) / Infinix Hot S Won't Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.