Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,600 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun (35631 Views)

Omonile Fees Scam / Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe / Lagos Real Estate/ Omonile Land Scams Exposed! Learn how not to be Conned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Tunjman(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2014
habex005: the best and trusted way is to get the military boys to guide your land. Atleast omo onile are still afraid of the soldiers even if they cant bring back our girls.

Try it and u will be amazed.

Except you want to keep the said military around your property for life...else, you will live to blame yourself for not giving Caesar what's his.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2014
....because stolen money have no value.

goshen26: what baffles me is that they still wear rags after this extortion.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by gistmelove(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2014
karmaleon: Speaking from experience, the best way is to have enough money to complete the building within a short period and invite mobil police men or soldiers to guard your property till completion. Its not so expensive if one is connected to a head in any of these special forces.
hmmm i pity u and ur family mayb na soldier go dey liv for ur house forever.. If u treathin dem with military am sure deir will also deal with u.. With africa black power juju.. So plss dont make tha attempt @all.. Jus be friendly wth dem and beg dem wth small amount..
Frm deir u wey good to go
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by gistmelove(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2014
You were omo onile no disturb and u wey omo onile don disturb...
If ur building don reach roofing level dont forget to contact ayyub on : 08085310359
for your original south korea stone coated roofing tile

0.55mm is 2400 naira per sqm
0.45mm is 2000 naira per sqm

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by dominique(f): 10:47am On Aug 14, 2014
Those people arenothing but nuisances and pain in the neck of land owners in Lagos. The only way we can get rid of them is if the government outlaw them but I don't see that happening soon.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by dominique(f): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2014
Lewandosky: u don't wanna mess with these niggas, they don't play. u can always beg for a smaller fee. If not, they will let u finish ur building and they will demolish it overnight. use ur brain.

sad but true. I've heard of a person that paid soldiers to guard over the decking only for the bloody things to come and demolishthe whole thing after. Imagine all the millions wasted. If I was the guy, I won't mind spending more on the soldiers to torture the living daylights out of them.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by lawyer(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2014
voltron: @lawyer.. hope your schedule is less busy now wink

Yes my Oga, I am back with full force now. Thanks
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Misterpaul(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2014
smallJagaban: OMONILE CAN BE FIND ONLY IN LAGOS IN SOUTH WEST.

IBO SHALL CONTINUE TO PAY THE OMONILE FEE UNTIL THEY RETURN BACK TO EGYPT (South East, EBOLAND )
Wetin concern omonlle wether you be Igbo or Yoruba. They collect their fee from anybody who buys their land even if u be yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by igbanbajo(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2014
lawyer: 2. When you have finished Verifying the Land you intend to buy, let them know of your interest in it but don’t show extreme desperation. These People are not interested in you or your well being, only the smell of your money matters to them. Fuel their Interest and water their throat that you have the money to pay for the land but you are interested in negotiating the total cost of all the fees you are to pay unless you would walk away because you have other options. If they are still adamant not to concede anything to you, issue them a photocopy of the check or bank draft for them to hold and tell them you are waiting for your lawyer to come and help you draw up the agreements for you. If they don’t hear from you after a day or 2, they will bombard you with phone calls asking you when you are coming to pay.

Any Omonile that holds a photocopy of a check or bank draft is already a Slave to you and is ready to do your bidding. If you give him excuses why you might not honor the check, he will ask you to name them. Tell him you still have to pay agency fees, legal fees, survey the land and this Omonile fees are a big hindrance to the transaction because it is over shooting your budget. The Omonile at this Juncture will personally revise the Omonile fees either through a drastic reduction or outright cancellation of the Signing Fees because they don’t want to lose the full figure of the land compared to the Omonile Fees they were craving for previously. If an Omonile or a disgruntled section of the Omoniles decides to still demand for that Omonile Signing fee, it would lead to an internal squabble amongst themselves to coerce the person or group to see the bigger picture with respect to the full cost of the Land they are about to miss if they stand their grounds for that Omonile Fee.

QUICK TIP:

This Method only works if you are patient and steadfast to the cause. It’s your money not theirs yet so play with their greedy minds. Don’t let them see you as the timid and desperate one. Most of the time when they call you, refer them to your lawyer. They fear Lawyers and find it very difficult to convince lawyers to bend to their wishes.

Nice one with draft copy.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Toks2008(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
Do you know that as young as i was at 26, i would have built my house if not for the menance of omo oniles
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Silensa(m): 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
no offence but what is OMONILE?
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by karmaleon: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
gistmelove:
hmmm i pity u and ur family mayb na soldier go dey liv for ur house forever.. If u treathin dem with military am sure deir will also deal with u.. With africa black power juju.. So plss dont make tha attempt @all.. Jus be friendly wth dem and beg dem wth small amount..
Frm deir u wey good to go

I said from experience... it is not what I intend to do, but what I have done.

Back then, i kept paying different batches of pple. each syndicate keep telling me i paid to the wrong person. Na with annoyance i involve military. house was completed with 3 months.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by macof(m): 5:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
When my family were buying land in Lagos we paid all Omonile fees, when people want to buy land in my town, my family is also free to request any fee.

Abeg if you don't like it stay in ur home town
You can't come far away from home and still act like a boss without paying omonile fees
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by jezsie: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
good
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by favouryemmy: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
@op, you be Baba for this area o. Your tips are spot on. O kare.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
Another impt point..

Also get some fierce looking khaki boys from OP MESA to keep watch at the site during foundation laying and decking, as even after you've paid the criminal fees some other groups may come around to intimidate your workers and disrupt work. Also deal directly with the recognized baale of the area, there are fake unrecognized baales and their agberos who also want to have their hands in the cookie jar.

You can give the baale water supply subcontract or block supply subcontract. He will park his car everyday at the site and his agberos will fight your cause. You can make some of those agberos your nightwatchmen. A bottle of chelsea dry gin once in a while will make them your slave till you finish your project. .grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Ninilowo(m): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
THE POSTER ABOVE SAID MY MIND. IT WORKS LIKE MIRACLE IN OGUN STATE grin
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
They asked me to pay 500k. We negotiated for 300k. I didn't want to give them at once (lest they come back for more), so giving them in 50k in milestone.

I don't think they are avoidable anywhere in Lagos
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by ayanfemy(f): 10:57am On Aug 15, 2014
Omoonile is a menace! Even if you want to renovate, they will still come! To be on a safe side, add their money to the cost of building and spread it over on your incoming tenants grin else they will stop d work on your site, destroy your workers equipments and sell the land to other buyers! be patient with them, their time is limited after your house warming(when you move into your house), they will stop coming!

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Donbrig: 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
@Lawyer, thanks for these tips. But I strongly believe we should collectively draw the attention of the government to these problems, after all, that is one of the reasons we elected them into office. We are only going to record a very short term solution if we keep on fighting them individually, perhaps that is one reason Omonile problems are yet to be abolished. Nigerians lack the zeal to fight injustice collectively with one voice. I have lost millions of naira settling one community after another in Benin City, all my efforts to draw public and government attention to these scornful shame of our nation was in vain, because people thought they were not the direct victims so why should they care, not knowing they might also plan to build a house in the future and also face same crisis. We are all looking at a time when these criminals will no longer exist and hinder developments in our communities across Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by kemetic7(m): 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
Donbrig: @Lawyer, thanks for these tips. But I strongly believe we should collectively draw the attention of the government to these problems, after all, that is one of the reasons we elected them into office. We are only going to record a very short term solution if we keep on fighting them individually, perhaps that is one reason Omonile problems are yet to be abolished. Nigerians lack the zeal to fight injustice collectively with one voice. I have lost millions of naira settling one community after another in Benin City, all my efforts to draw public and government attention to these scornful shame of our nation was in vain, because people thought they were not the direct victims so why should they care, not knowing they might also plan to build a house in the future and also face same crisis. We are all looking at a time when these criminals will no longer exist and hinder developments in our communities across Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.

Good talk. Collectively we can get rid of them. But how, I don't know. If we wait for the government, am afraid it will not happen.
Lets come up with ideas and see how we can flush them out one at a time. Look at "Police Shooting Death Of Teen In Missouri, United State." See support from the communities. We lack that in Nigeria.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by habex005(m): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tunjman:

Except you want to keep the said military around your property for life...else, you will live to blame yourself for not giving Caesar what's his.

once bitten, twice shy...... trust me they can never comeback again.
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
nice
Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by olaeffect(m): 4:13am On Aug 24, 2014
This is spreading to other SW states too. Just experienced this in Ibadan, its really annoying. Some guys came to my site and started harassing the workers that they were omonile, my wife was the one at the site with the worker's at the time, she had to negotiate and give them N4,000.00 that I was not available at the moment that they should come back, only for another set to come again last week that they are not aware of the 1st set that are the real omonile.

Something needs to be done in regards to this. This nonsense does not happen in the north; where I was born; and you keep wondering why most of us from the SW are refusing to come back and settle at home. God please send peace back to the north grin grin angry

3 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun by Adeyemiopemipo(m): 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
our land is green

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corinthians Furniture: Dealers In " Home Furniture, Kitchen Cabinet, Wardrobes!! / These Properties Are Available For Sale In Enugu / 8 Types Of Nigerian Landlord (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.