Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,606 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (60138 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Omadachi(m): 7:09am On Aug 14, 2014
Another retrogration move from GEJ man.This new CBN governor may end of destroying Nigeria economy.Let's expect more from him.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Phikom(m): 7:09am On Aug 14, 2014
I tot people were celebrating the removal of SLS cos they claim he is fraudulent...now the real play is here...welcome to the future...

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by kheart(m): 7:11am On Aug 14, 2014
i have to close my uba africard account asap, cbn has given them license to empty my small change oh. Imagine without this new policy they charge me 100 (with UbA atm). SLS really try sha.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by 555info: 7:11am On Aug 14, 2014
I stop using atm two yrs ago. any time money enter my acct i withdraw everything at the canter and take it to my hidding save in my house. except if the money is in million.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Ekans: 7:13am On Aug 14, 2014
chukwuka12: Hi guys, remember its on the fourth withdrwal in the same month... I don't think its a bad idea. If u notice u can not use some bank ATMs on some oda banks machines, because of the banks bearing all d cost... With dis intro I think u will be able to use your ATM anywhere any time....
.I wish they will implement it that way but bros, they wont knowing fully well that no Nigerian will want to waste his time complaning of a 65naira deduction error.Never trust a politician or banker.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by dapzyadix(m): 7:15am On Aug 14, 2014
Aktuali wen I saw 65naira my 1st tot was dat d price for petrol is bin reverted......damn

5 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by onatisi(m): 7:15am On Aug 14, 2014
But this action might actually fast track the cashless policy , because instead of paying cash ppl might be forced to be using their cards instead. Pos machines will be likely be used by many outlets and there may likely be an increase in the number of atm machines

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 14, 2014
Dis ppl sha! Where are u going to, back or front? Not even N20? So y did u remove it B4? I knw d banks wld ve being crying for dat cus they don't make money anymore. But there shld b penalty if any ATM is out of Cash then, jx imagin u. Ve jx N100. For bank to one bank n they are out of cash even wit the charges N65 (65 +100 -1000 =?) I don't knw oo it will not work, I get hot temper oo.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by smallJagaban: 7:16am On Aug 14, 2014
THAT CBN GOVERNOR IS A MAD MAN.

ANYTHING THE IBO HANDLES ALWAYS CRUMBLE, DISORGANISE.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Davvymavvy(f): 7:16am On Aug 14, 2014
The genesis of an economic retrogression from a visionless Governor

#bringbackSanusi#

4 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by kheart(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2014
1stola: Which kain con3 be dis self
They never do anything good that lasts undecided
A senseless, thievery and fooling policy
Thunder faya emewayray
GEJ and PDP at it again.
clueless m0rons. angry
My people!
We need to SAY NO!!! to this nonsense
Riot
Fight
protest

If u go dey front i give u my word i go join u
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by tonychristopher: 7:23am On Aug 14, 2014
A big blow to their much toured cashless economy

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by checkeni9(f): 7:23am On Aug 14, 2014
RoyalRoy:
Inconsistency always the problem in Naija. No continuation of any policy soon as power change hands.

Am also expecting the new IG of Police to come around and do his own crazy policy to mess up the good works of his predecessor. Maybe he will return the boys back to the road too who knows. sad

Another season of long and crazy queue to return to the ATM machines. As most people will be wary of using another bank's ATM.

GTBank customers, sorry in advance. grin.......with their 10Billion customers (effects of zero account balance).

cheesy

Looks like u b prophet. e be like say d "boys" are back on d road o. They were all over warri and along abraka road yesterday and has been for some days now. we no know which one we dey o.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Btruth: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2014
Ekawu: Emefiele u are getting it wrong

#bringbacksanusi
Unfortunately, Sanusi is so depressed now. He's under a suicidal watch.....lol. In my own opinion, I think their charges shouldn't be more than N30. After all, the customers are entitled to their money and we did not force them to stock it in a machine for us.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by VellyG(m): 7:27am On Aug 14, 2014
konga82: I tink we all have de right to complain. But remember COT has gradually move down 4rm 5 per mill to 2 naira very soon dia will be ZERO COT in all transanction, so many bank charges has been trim down, how do we expect dem to succeed, expand and employ more workforce 65 is big yet we did not complain wen we ar bin charge 100 a liter of diesel is 125 some branches burn diesel 4rm morning till night, pls let encourage dem. Remember many has gone under.

If you follow up with their yearly profit u will knw they make more money even without the 65naira .. I knw u can part with the 65 naira but why not consider the crying masses. The problem wit our country is the gap between the rich and poor.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by shilexholly(m): 7:28am On Aug 14, 2014
Dis is daylite robbery.........na tins like dis jona D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ like cos he no go talk.......d̶̲̥̅̊α† emefeile nid banjinatu on his head

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by goshen26: 7:30am On Aug 14, 2014
awon were
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Raphael007(m): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2014
It is a pretty simple thing, the federal government asked the banking sector to come up with some money during the dinner fund raising for the people that where affected by this insurgency and the banking sector gave 16 billion naira, and that was the day I was expecting something like this where else are they going to recover that money from very quickkly if not from our ATM charges. This was what Sanusi Lamido didn't want and there where problem everywhere now this is the aftermat of 16 billion naira.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Ayopercent(m): 7:32am On Aug 14, 2014
onatisi: I think uu got the message wrong ,it is 65 naira per atm withdrawal after 4 free withdrawals on another bank atm.
The new charge shall apply as from the fourth
remote-on-us withdrawal (in a month) by a card
holder, thereby making the first three remote-on-us
transactions free for card holders, but to be paid for
by the issuing bank.

it mean d first three (3) transactions will b free and subsequent transaction will attract #65 within a specific month...
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by AXYZ: 7:35am On Aug 14, 2014
onatisi: I think uu got the message wrong ,it is 65 naira per atm withdrawal after 4 free withdrawals on another bank atm.

It's after THREE free withdrawals on another bank's ATM. You will be charged on the fourth withdrawal.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Emmyfem97(m): 7:35am On Aug 14, 2014
seunlayi: this is another demonstration of Acute Insensitive Syndrome by CBN.

* why #65 monthly charge
* this is a backward step towards the cashless whatever
* why not introduce various denomination in Atm
* etc
Sorry , the charge isn't monthly but charged per transaction. For those who perform 20K withdrawal 4 times i.e in multiples of 5K per trasaction would incure a cost of 195NGN.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Fash20: 7:36am On Aug 14, 2014
This is what I call absolute rubbish. To me,SLS is still the best CBN governor.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Adolak(m): 7:36am On Aug 14, 2014
imhomoh: “The new charge shall apply as from the fourth remote-on-us withdrawal (in a month) by a card holder, thereby making the first three remote-on-us transactions free for card holders, but to be paid for by the issuing bank
I make less than 3 withdrawal per month so i'm free.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Shine1177: 7:36am On Aug 14, 2014
It is after the third (3rd) free withdrawal. The fourth withdrawal on another bank ATM will be charge N65 per month.

Not too bad as many here assume, Nigerians know what to do in this kind of situation, you make sure your withdrawal on other bank ATM does not exceed three times in a month.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by menix(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2014
So suprised at d ranting...
For cryin out loud d charge is afta d 3rd withdrawal in a month.
Wuld we b happy to see this banks go down.
Dis banks source hundreds of million every month to offset this charge on Remote on us.

D only disadvantage I see is dat we wuld b goin bak to d era wen ATM availability re no longer priority.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by obidaddy: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2014
Always inconsistent policies in Nigeria. The banks always make illegal deductions and now the new Cbn governor has collaborated with the banks and ofcourse ll get his own percentages.
Nigerians are cowards, they ll only rant On electronic forums like this but will never come out to protest, rather they ll seat back and pray and chant "it is well"

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by zeepatoprick(m): 7:38am On Aug 14, 2014
So dis is d first policy d new guy feels he will bring to the table...God knws dat bank officials neva liked sanusi.. Cos he was always tackling dem in regards to excess bank charges etc etc.. So f-ing what if d bank bears all d atm costs... At d end of d year dey still get mad profits... Eg Dier interest rates on consumer and corporate loans, little little secret charges etc etc... Now dis SOB... Brings dis... Sanusi was and will always be d bigger man... And dey say dey want d cashless policy to thrive? Hell we have some banks dat don't av lots of branches... So u will always be mandated to use atm machines from oda branches dereby incurring d 65naira charge...
Dat man must be very very stewpeeeed.....cbn governor my ass...

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Dexema(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2014
Sunkyphil: wat a very bad way for d new cbn governor to start

Bad way to start? He's already started,or dint you hear that if your Atm card gets stuck in the machine of another bank the instruction is for that bank to destroy your atm immediately? Forcing pple to pay anoda 1k to get atm.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Sunkyphil(m): 7:50am On Aug 14, 2014
Dexema: Bad way to start? He's already started,or dint you hear that if your Atm card gets stuck in the machine of another bank the instruction is for that bank to destroy your atm immediately? Forcing pple to pay anoda 1k to get atm.
dnt mind dem now there will be longer queues at atm stands,the banks finally av bribed their way through
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Amhappy(f): 7:51am On Aug 14, 2014
When is this country ever going to move forward instead of back and forth?
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Kx: 7:52am On Aug 14, 2014
Another reason why a career banker must not necessarily be the CBN Governor.

SLS; Just 1 month after appointment as Emir
-Out of All the workers in the emirate of which ALL had never attended the Hajj, SLS decreed 60 people among them to attend Hajj and 30 people for umrah this year
-Any worker receiving #10,000 is now entitled to #30,000 and those receiving #20,000 is entitled to #60,000 respectively.
-He banned the removing of Shoes upon entering his palace except where its strickly instructed by GOD almighty to remove the shoe. E.g Palace, mosque

Emefule: Barely 2 months into his CBN governorship
-He reintroduced the SLS abolished ATM charges on withdrawal, sadly in a regime of cashless policy.

Matter of fact, I see him discarding this holdco arrangement that SLS and CBN made banks adopt.
A whole lot of policy reversals are on the way.
For what purpose you may ask. To serve the profit interest of Bankers Committee and bank owners.

I hope our economy never enter one chance cbn!

6 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by ACM10: 7:54am On Aug 14, 2014
Chei! I'm starting to miss Sanusi o. Dear Emir Sanusi, I am one of your critics. Please it in your heart to forgive me.

If Emefiele does not take time, he will find this seat too hot for him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Many Don't Know About Innoson Group / Mohammed Indimi's Wife Samira And Her 3 Daughters (pics) / The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.