Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (60096 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by femikay149(m): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
This new Cbn Governor is just doing the bidding of the banks in detriment to the customers

First he made a policy that no Atm card ll be retrieved again once stuck in d machine bt perforated

https://www.nairaland.com/1809527/cbn-new-rule-atm-card

Now he brings back charges on atm withdrawal ...

If an institution like Cbn can be consitently inconsistent with their policies

What hope do will ve for the economy

The long queues at diff atm outlets ll resurface

This is juz silly

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
yorke1: look people that don't even understand anything coming here to rant. Is N65 too much as charges in a month? Some Nigerians just like worrying about some inconsequential things. SMH! God forbid Sanusi is bought back. Sanusi have done much harm to the banking sector than any Governor of CBN.
Yes, 65 naira may not be too much, but when all the money is gathered from all Nigerians you can imagine how this policy which in itself is fraudulent has enriched some thieves.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by galadima77(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Yes, 65 naira may not be too much, but when all the money is gathered from all Nigerians you can imagine how this policy which in itself is fraudulent has enriched some thieves.

abeg!!! even at individual level dat money plenty....then cumulatively, it is sacrilegious.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by okanla: 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
It has started vote people disruption party in 2015 and hear wen.

Up Lamido, people is the worst governor of central back what of this.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by adedayourt(m): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

He obviously thought by reducing the money to N65, and stipulating 3 free use in a month, that all is well.

He forgot there was a reason why it was removed in the first place not to mention the fact that most ATM dispense a maximum of N20,000 per transaction, so if you withdraw N60,000 from any machine, you have invariably used up your 3 free transaction for the month since any other transaction will be charged. What even guarantee that the ATM won't charge us right from the first transaction.

If such a policy is to be implemented, All ATM is to be calibrated to dispense the maximum N150,000 per transaction.

Well said
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Pasblack(m): 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
the worst part of this policy is that u can exhaust ur 3 life-line at a stand since u can't withdrawn more 20k at a go. don't forget that u will also be charged if u walk into the bank and withdraw from d tellers.
there is absolutely no stability in the government for decades!
I weep for the country Nigeria!!!
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by yehmi01(m): 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
At this rate on just has to be wise with dealings with cash and money transactions.

Because how will one cope with this now plus the whole cashless policies and the charges once you withdraw from the counter and now back to this, this people are just after our money in every way.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by gidjah(m): 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
THE 21st century banking Robbery Continues!The Beat Goes on,Nigeria
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by room089: 4:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
Dis one again na Sanusi policy again?

Going by the way things are happening in this country, soon we will be asked to pay before making any deposit in the bank.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by OLAplusONE(m): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
Emefiele and Soludo..any correlation? Igbo guys in ds country with deir yeye plans.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Rexyl(m): 5:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
The CBN should stop conniving with the commercial banks to exploit customers. Bank's customers are already being overcharged on various transactions. They just want to enrich the banks more and impoverish the customers. May God save us o
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Layk(m): 5:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] embarassedGod Almighty, Come to our rescue and save us from these heartless people. Different issues always surface, even before one dies down another one is here already. It's like moving from fry-pan to fire and from pillars to posts on daily basis. When will this end? People are in pain, distress and discomfort, yet some people still don't care. God please help us!
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by semochendo1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
onatisi: I think uu got the message wrong ,it is 65 naira per atm withdrawal after 4 free withdrawals on another bank atm.

As if you got it too. Many people are just commenting, they no read that thing ooo. Nigerians!!!

The first 3 withdrawals for the month will be free, the charge is payable on the 4th withdrawal, shikena.

I know many of those who have earlier commented without reading will calm down now. You don't comment on the headline, you read and comment on the content of the message..
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by ayukdaboss(m): 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
anthoniaz:

I have same problem. The recent one is that I tried transferring money to a customer I ordered goods from and I got an error message, I was debited and the person didn't get the money since 31st July.I have called First Monie customer Care line several times with a promise of rectifying the problem, I have also visited the bank and submitted the form I was asked to fill, yet my money has not been reversed to my account. E be like sey na to dey save money inside house make sense pass instead queuing to collect your money, being charged to withdraw with their numerous charges.I stopped using my Access Bank account because of their numerous charges.I love GTB.
I have experienced same too...Very pathetic

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by semochendo1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAplusONE: Emefiele and Soludo..any correlation? Igbo guys in ds country with deir yeye plans.

Must you reason along your ethnic sentimentality? That's why the nation is not moving forward.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by iseyi(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
This only happen in Nigeria, here I can withdraw maximum of 450K naira equivalent per day from any bank ATM without charging a dine. Why is it only in Nigeria, they are exploiting we masses and we keep mute sorry case.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by idee91: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
Bring back sunusi lamido sunusi[color=#006600][/color]
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
brunofarad: So how will this encourage the hypped cashless policy thing?

Somone somewhere just shot himself on the leg.

I just dey look

it will discourage people from withdrawing cash and using the cashless service, the problem is cashless service is not everywhere undecided .
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by dozzy001(m): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
we dont want ATM again, scrap it down
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by KlensGlobal: 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up and import anything from China etc. O8IO8I3I92O, www.nairaland.com/1801065/import-cheapest-octa-core-quad
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by olalerujb: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
The oga at the top in cbn want to proof that he is a don. Policies that inflict pains on citizens is invidious. May God give them wisdom to do the right things.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by neyur: 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
Una no go allow helpless citizen to benefit from torken?....
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by SpaceWorld2013(m): 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
With all the billions profits they're making yet, this useless policy is back again. Most of these banks posted more than 100 billions each last year.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Okijajuju1(m): 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
What about POS transactions?
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Eyop: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
Okijajuju1: What about POS transactions?
Not affected. Just ATM cash withdrawals
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by coolcare(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
like some people as rightly said it a step forward and three step backward on our banking system
more so is a short in the leg on cashless policy. Gud save us
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by clevadani: 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
and pdp ediots were celebrating when dey removed sls as if only apc members will be affected by draconian pdp policies
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by moshoodn(m): 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
ambrosini593: Click like if you disagree
Likes yapa for this thread oooooo.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by bracooloye(m): 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
inconsistency in our policy is the order of the day in Nigeria I wonder when my dear nation will be able to make lasting and reliable policies
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by legacyint: 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
Can someone tell me wats wrong with this entity called nigeria?inconsistency is the bane of our devolopment.i won't be surprise if he revisit the #5000 note palava.naija i de hail ooo.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
one step forward and one step backward.... bloody cbn!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Many Don't Know About Innoson Group / Mohammed Indimi's Wife Samira And Her 3 Daughters (pics) / The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.