Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (60131 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by 1stola: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2014
Opiosko: Stop crying and port bank, operating one bank and enjoying the service of another without paying a dim? Btw, wia Sanusi dey whn 1st bank dea roborobo ur acct for a non existent service?
A morôn
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by san316(m): 9:30am On Aug 14, 2014
For the bank staff *this is time chop more money* for the customers *this is time to pay money* it's two way thing, it either hurts u or the man on the other side.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by stagger: 9:31am On Aug 14, 2014
Well, it was a mistake cancelling it in the first place, as banks would definitely have found other ways to rip off their customers.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by onegig(m): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2014
MaziOmenuko: I believe this is a welcome development: I'm saying this because when the N100 charges was suspended, most banks that have ATM outside their premises feel reluctant to fund the machines. Every organization is run with the aim of making profits, so why will they spend their resources building ATM at remote areas, fund it and not make a profit?
With this re-introduction, we are likely to see more ATM installed all over the street corners, markets and shops.

That's the way I see it.
Another wrong notion. The old policy actually put the bankers on their feet. You could see they deployed more atm machines and funded them regularly because a particular bank knows if its own customers can't access their funds from the banks atm they were going to be the one to pay for the cost of the customer using another bank's atm. So they tried their best to make sure their atms were always functional.

Which was a win for the customers but with this new one. They know you can go F.uck yourself if their Atms don't work. Afterall its the customers that bear the brunt and cost.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by abujamal: 9:37am On Aug 14, 2014
The reason for the removal of Sanusi from office is because his policys is against the FG's directive :cashless policy, daily deposit and withdrawal limit, money laundering, planned reversal of naira to one naira per dollar,etc. And it is belived that most of the owners of these banks are politicians. Emefele is their man,he must find a away of enriching his Ogas' pockets.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 14, 2014
Godwin Emefiefule? Why am I not surprised, trust me this is strictly a zenith bank orchestrated strategy. Nigerian banks and unwarranted orthodox charges......such a shame.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Jogbojogbo: 9:41am On Aug 14, 2014
This is a case of one step forward, two steps backward.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by eightsin(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2014
Na wa fr des ppl o. Swhoo. Watin SLS don stop naim dis imp carry come bck. I no come knw weda we dey go front or back.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by 1stola: 9:45am On Aug 14, 2014
ibkgab001: Ko kan AYE !!!
opkonu jatijati
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by ArcBishopmarie(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2014
I na ako tuuu with ur rubbish excuses... Emewa ma eritebeghi.. We still dey kwa, when e be 100 bucks we still dey collect our pay kwa.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by adedayourt(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2014
Open Letter To Emewateva it is called

Sir..
You only considered the adverse effect it has on the banks while negleting the mass of burden sufffered by the bank customer. This I am sure are the options Sanusi weighed before abolishing the policy after concluding the benefits outweigh the burden even to all concered party.
The yardstick you employed in reversing what was smoothly in place is what we need to know. The only thing you have successfully done is

1. Antagonising the man that handed over to you.

2. Moving the banking sector to yesterday.

3. Avenue to make more money for banks aside those annoying hidden charges of theirs.

Somthing tells me youe going to change the currency soon so you can have your signature on the nation's currency, earnestly waiting for that.

Saddly enough I can't bury the change I have, still stuck with the bank and its backward-rolling policies.

Someday nigerians ll look back and tell tales of how bad things were, that change for tomorrow begins with today.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by ekea2001: 9:56am On Aug 14, 2014
In his words, one of my mentors n e-biz, convinience is not cheap..don't know if I'll support 'them' on this push. undecided
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by luvmijeje(f): 10:05am On Aug 14, 2014
[
b]The new charge shall apply as from the fourth remote-on-us withdrawal (in a month) by a card holder, thereby making the first three remote-on-us transactions free for card holders, but to be paid for by the issuing bank.[/b
]

Except you're not an heavy user of ATM card that you will find this as a good news. This is extortion from our own government.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by chemali: 10:06am On Aug 14, 2014
It's funny though. It is this same 65 naira that Zenith bank was charging in those days for a Zenith account holder to use a Zenith ATM while other banks charged zero naira then.
Next on his agenda: Reverse Sanusi's COT policy that would see us paying zero COT from next year or so. Maybe you will pay COT from your fourth withdrawal!
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by codeworks(m): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2014
Nigeria always look at short time investment. why dont you make it 10-25 naira charges.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Dgrea8t(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2014
RoyalRoy:
Inconsistency always the problem in Naija. No continuation of any policy soon as power change hands.

Am also expecting the new IG of Police to come around and do his own crazy policy to mess up the good works of his predecessor. Maybe he will return the boys back to the road too who knows. sad

Another season of long and crazy queue to return to the ATM machines. As most people will be wary of using another bank's ATM.

GTBank customers, sorry in advance. grin.......with their 10Billion customers (effects of zero account balance).

cheesy
pls explain your last statement.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by akintun: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2014
D next CBN gov should come from d academics or d research sector. No more banker as CBN gov.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by suwailad(f): 10:20am On Aug 14, 2014
This is nonsense. So CBN must revert the Trapped ATM card policy if they resurrect this draconian one
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by muktarmtt(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2014
ayukdaboss: Our banks may pay for our ATM services but they steal much more secretly or openly. Every month FirstBank charges me about 160naira for SMS charges and some other things I don't even understand yet I don't get any messages at all from them.

My folks who use more services at the bank complain about secret minor deductions regularly etc. yet this man wants us to start paying for our atm services. These banks are clearly getting more gain from us than this 65 naira we're about to start paying them. So if I wan withdraw 1k from another bank I go pay 65naira??

Oh Sanusi where art thou?? Come and save your people
lipsrsealed

Haba stop calling sanusi name d last time i check all of u r cursing sanusi callyn him names nd said he did nothing to favour us now u see truth, u will cry nd it's jst d biggning dis new CBN gvrn will robe us all
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Deepfreezer(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2014
they hv re-introduced dis damn thang again? well its ok..
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by RikoduoSennin(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2014
adedayourt: Open Letter To Emewateva it is called

Sir..
You only considered the adverse effect it has on the banks while negleting the mass of burden sufffered by the bank customer. This I am sure are the options Sanusi weighed before abolishing the policy after concluding the benefits outweigh the burden even to all concered party.
The yardstick you employed in reversing what was smoothly in place is what we need to know. The only thing you have successfully done is

1. Antagonising the man that handed over to you.

2. Moving the banking sector to yesterday.

3. Avenue to make more money for banks aside those annoying hidden charges of theirs.

Somthing tells me youe going to change the currency soon so you can have your signature on the nation's currency, earnestly waiting for that.

Saddly enough I can't bury the change I have, still stuck with the bank and its backward-rolling policies.

Someday nigerians ll look back and tell tales of how bad things were, that change for tomorrow begins with today.

He obviously thought by reducing the money to N65, and stipulating 3 free use in a month, that all is well.

He forgot there was a reason why it was removed in the first place not to mention the fact that most ATM dispense a maximum of N20,000 per transaction, so if you withdraw N60,000 from any machine, you have invariably used up your 3 free transaction for the month since any other transaction will be charged. What even guarantee that the ATM won't charge us right from the first transaction.

If such a policy is to be implemented, All ATM is to be calibrated to dispense the maximum N150,000 per transaction.

8 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by muktarmtt(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2014
Yungwizzzy: And I follow jubilate when sanusi was removed

God please forgive me
hahah my brother crry on ur jubilation sabi u said malam no sabi anything why u dey complain now
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by eezor: 10:28am On Aug 14, 2014
ruemu: That CBN governor.. is from ZenithBank.. and if u use zenithbank service u will know that the only thing they know is charges upon charges.
The early days of atm craze in 9ja. Zenithbank charges it own customer for using the zenithbank atm machine.

I am not surprise.
u r rite bros. i remembered two years ago when i was in calabar, i withdraw with zenith bank atm and surprise they charge me 200 naira twice. calling it " out of country atm charges" so calabar now is cameroon? Bleep zenith bank.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by kentochi(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2014
Where are we going fellow Nigerians?
Backward!
We Ng don't conside human life at all.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by muktarmtt(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2014
madridguy: This is very bad news...now we will know the real val of SLS.
hahaha fresh Air
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by onatisi(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2014
codeworks: Nigeria always look at short time investment. why dont you make it 10-25 naira charges.
exactly my point
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by gawu1: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2014
smallJagaban: THAT CBN GOVERNOR IS A MAD MAN.

ANYTHING THE IBO HANDLES ALWAYS CRUMBLE, DISORGANISE.
Some people are trying to ignite tribal war here to deviate discussion on the topic
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Atigba: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2014
MAY THUNDER FIRE THIS AGBOR MAN FOR THIS WICKED POLICY
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by sani4all: 10:55am On Aug 14, 2014
Hmmm! Aftermath of Sanusi's suspension. This is just the beginning. Let's get ready for the worst.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by BabaO2: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2014
I am just wondering, does this Emefiele has ideas and capacity to be CBN governor?
Soludo came with banks consolidation idea, etc

Sanusi came with lots of human face policies: abolished #100 inter banks ATM charges, internet banking transfer (cashless) policy,interest rate reduction etc etc etc etc.....

Emefiele has done nothing only to be playing around sanusi's ideas:
1. increase BDC from #10m to #35m
2. reintroduced #65 for inter banks ATM usage

Why is this country like this. Infact why must we have Minister of finance and CBN governor from the same state?

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by gawu1: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2014
snadguy007: Igbo people never meant well for common man. #Rubbish
Focus on the topic and stop this tribal ranting. Soludo was an Igbo man yet he performed not too bad. Or was he not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Many Don't Know About Innoson Group / Mohammed Indimi's Wife Samira And Her 3 Daughters (pics) / The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.