Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination (37165 Views)

Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup / No Change In 2015 Africa Cup Schedule Over Ebola – CAF / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Okijajuju1(m): 9:02am On Aug 14, 2014
I will be in the U.S & Canada next month.. Cant wait to see how they would recieve me upon sighting my Green Passport. grin

Good Move by China by the way..

Fhuck the atheletes.. If they are not cleared as Ebola free, they should remain in quarantine. angry

No sentiments involved here.. The Nigerian government should have anticipated this and made efforts to have their atheletes flown in early and medically cleared way ahead of the games.

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Chibuke56: 9:02am On Aug 14, 2014
otijah: i seriously blame APC for this nobody should quote me or ..
OR WHAT
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Dcaliphate(m): 9:02am On Aug 14, 2014
CNN una welldone o
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by uzolexis(f): 9:03am On Aug 14, 2014
This is so unfair... cry

Pls they should come back home, all theses insults is getting too much
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by kennyung: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2014
BRUTALITY

FATALAITY shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Ishilove: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2014
MAYOWAAK: BREAKING NEWS!!! THIS JUST
HAPPENED
AT SENATOR OMISORE'S
RESIDENCE*
[Omisore punching calculator and
writing on his note pad. Then the
phone rings]
OMISORE: Hello! Who is this?
GEJ: It's me your President. Sorry
about the
loss ehn...This APC rascals are stubborn ooo.
OMISORE: Ha, my president, na so we
see
am ooo. In fact, that yeye
Raufu get juju.
[Continues punching calculator loudly]
GEJ: Iyiola, what is that sound I'm
hearing?
OMISORE: I'm calculating sir.
GEJ: Calculating what?
OMISORE: All the money that I've lost on
this election sir. Ha, owo
wo igbo ooo. With all the bags of
rice, salt
and gallons of kerosene.
GEJ: My friend stop that! Afterall, it is not
really ur money.
OMISORE: [Speaking in agony] What
do I do
about this 1,000 bottles
of champagne now! GEJ: 1,000 bottles of
what! Do you
plan to
open a bar?
OMISORE: No sir! I planned to use it
for
celebration when they declare me as winner
ni. Ha! Mo gbe
ooo.
GEJ: Stop that my friend! It is a
blessing in
disguise!
OMISORE: Blessing how! You know I'm not
from the royal family and
the Ooni of Ife has no plans to die
now. So
being king is not an
option. GEJ: I am making you an
ambassador. A
very special, very powerful
and very dignified ambassador.
OMISORE: [Quickly drops calculator]
Ambassador to where sir? GEJ: To Liberia.
You will have 3
private jets,
4 large mansions, fleets
of cars, several foreign accounts...
OMISORE: Ehnnnn!!!!
GEJ: Forget what you're thinking. You're a
man nw... We shall
provide you with golden gloves,
diamond
nose pads, extreme
security... [Omisore faints on the other end of
the line]
GEJ: Hello! Hello!! Hello!!! Chai!
Network
ehn..
Ver dry

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Funjosh(m): 9:03am On Aug 14, 2014
himkers: since this Ebola of a thing became serious, you hardly see The police and road safety officials on the road stopping motorists cheesy..........This is the part of Ebola that I love soo welll grin grin

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Eve62(f): 9:04am On Aug 14, 2014
otijah: i seriously blame APC for this nobody should quote me or ..

WTH concerns APC wit Ebola. Must u involve politics in dis?

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by johndanny(m): 9:04am On Aug 14, 2014
Chai! See wetin dat MAD Patrick sawyer don cause us.. Dr is God o!
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ayusco85(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2014
MAYOWAAK: BREAKING NEWS!!! THIS JUST
HAPPENED
AT SENATOR OMISORE'S
RESIDENCE*
[Omisore punching calculator and
writing on his note pad. Then the
phone rings]
OMISORE: Hello! Who is this?
GEJ: It's me your President. Sorry
about the
loss ehn...This APC rascals are stubborn ooo.
OMISORE: Ha, my president, na so we
see
am ooo. In fact, that yeye
Raufu get juju.
[Continues punching calculator loudly]
GEJ: Iyiola, what is that sound I'm
hearing?
OMISORE: I'm calculating sir.
GEJ: Calculating what?
OMISORE: All the money that I've lost on
this election sir. Ha, owo
wo igbo ooo. With all the bags of
rice, salt
and gallons of kerosene.
GEJ: My friend stop that! Afterall, it is not
really ur money.
OMISORE: [Speaking in agony] What
do I do
about this 1,000 bottles
of champagne now! GEJ: 1,000 bottles of
what! Do you
plan to
open a bar?
OMISORE: No sir! I planned to use it
for
celebration when they declare me as winner
ni. Ha! Mo gbe
ooo.
GEJ: Stop that my friend! It is a
blessing in
disguise!
OMISORE: Blessing how! You know I'm not
from the royal family and
the Ooni of Ife has no plans to die
now. So
being king is not an
option. GEJ: I am making you an
ambassador. A
very special, very powerful
and very dignified ambassador.
OMISORE: [Quickly drops calculator]
Ambassador to where sir? GEJ: To Liberia.
You will have 3
private jets,
4 large mansions, fleets
of cars, several foreign accounts...
OMISORE: Ehnnnn!!!!
GEJ: Forget what you're thinking. You're a
man nw... We shall
provide you with golden gloves,
diamond
nose pads, extreme
security... [Omisore faints on the other end of
the line]
GEJ: Hello! Hello!! Hello!!! Chai!
Network
ehn..

How this ur post take concern the matter on ground?

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by otijah(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2014
Chibuke56:
OR WHAT
or i will blame u either
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by nofij(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2014

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Lagrage(f): 9:06am On Aug 14, 2014
Quite sad
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by EEspeed: 9:07am On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by desess(f): 9:07am On Aug 14, 2014
hmm..... its pathetic
Very soon dis ebola thing will be a thing of d past..somethin we will laugh over..

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by NeuroBoss(m): 9:08am On Aug 14, 2014
I don't blame them. I blame our scientific, technological and economic inferiority. Any nation that is superior in all these three cannot be treated anyhow even if the combined evil of SARS, Hepatitis and Ebola is ravaging them.
Nigeria, we get there someday!

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by pjosh1(m): 9:08am On Aug 14, 2014
Lawalemi: See what Sanya caused grin
who be SANYA again?
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by PassingShot(m): 9:09am On Aug 14, 2014
phlemzy: Its unfortunate but its only a measure to guide against further spread as even within Nigeria,the number of contacts under watch is expanding. I fear if it wont get to a point where the number of people under watch would get to a million.

Go away you doomsday predictor.

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ElFenomeno1: 9:10am On Aug 14, 2014
bankyblue: u see what that M*D laberian/american as done to this country?

to the extent that a country like Rewanda too is saying rubbui**

GEJ U NEED TO ACT FAST!

What should he do?!

Go on, tell us.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by enomakos(m): 9:10am On Aug 14, 2014
thunder fire u chinkos
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by PAINGAIN: 9:16am On Aug 14, 2014
The fear of ebola........ I no blame them, who wan catch ebola? Nigerians shoukd sit at home until dis thing is sorted.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by adedayourt(m): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2014
National Insult!!
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 14, 2014
I guess this Ebola thing is gradually making us forget about the chibok girls.....

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by PAINGAIN: 9:19am On Aug 14, 2014
Okijajuju1: I will be in the U.S & Canada next month.. Cant wait to see how they would recieve me upon sighting my Green Passport. grin

Good Move by China by the way..

Fhuck the atheletes.. If they are not cleared as Ebola free, they should remain in quarantine. angry

No sentiments involved here.. The Nigerian government should have anticipated this and made efforts to have their atheletes flown in early and medically cleared way ahead of the games.

have u been medically cleared since u r going to canada/america?
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by nerodenero: 9:20am On Aug 14, 2014
...all because of Sawyer!

After all the procedures the team was subjected to,the country of brief, summarized and close-to-the-ground people feels they are important. Pathetic people.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by F117A: 9:20am On Aug 14, 2014
Good.
Refuse to be treated less than you deserve.
The rest of africa can learn a thing or two from this;though i doubt it given the level of inferiority complex in the complex.
If not for inferiority complex of the liberians,sawyer would not have left liberia.

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Asek1(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2014
Imagine the imaginationangryangryangry
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by eunisam: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2014
nice decission
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Wisdytech(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2014
kai why na? Nigeria always fearful of nothing! Hope we gonna learn soon!!
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by MAYOWAAK: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2014
Lawalemi: See what Sanya caused grin

Is that his real or botanical name?

I Was At Old Trafford / Manchester United Appoints Ralf Rangnick As Interim Manager (Pix) / Shakhtar Donetsk's Junior Coach Killed In Ukraine Crisis