Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination (37168 Views)

Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup / No Change In 2015 Africa Cup Schedule Over Ebola – CAF / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by KanayoIkeh(m): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2014
I don't blame them anyway. A country that many of it's citizens drank and bathed in salt solution, what do you expect the China community to think?!
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by hardbody: 8:43am On Aug 15, 2014
ayusco85:

Really? Their biggest market in africa?
Come Which brand of weed are u smoking?

Bros, you are so forgetful. I still use the green stuff we shared the last time and i will soon be needing another jumbo roll. I will let you know when i will come to collect it.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by XKZ(m): 10:20am On Aug 15, 2014
quesra:

So lets assume you are a doctor and another doctor flies in from guinea and is sick,you would have no suspitions right?

When should someone seek medical care?
If a person has been in an area known to have
Ebola virus disease or in contact with a person
known or suspected to have Ebola and they begin
to have symptoms, they should seek medical care
immediately.
www.who.int/csr/disease/ebola/faq-ebola/en/

The symptoms alone are not enough to indicate Ebola, a lot of tropical diseases have similar symptoms. There has to be reason to believe the person has been in contact with an Ebola patient.

The doctor was suspicious that was why they detained Sawyer and raised an alert despite the fact that he denied coming in contact with any Ebola cases and in spite of the pressure being put on them to discharge him.

If there was a failure it was with Immigration and the Ministry of Health who did not institute screenings at all our borders. But I don't think before Sawyer came to Nigeria any country was doing that. There was also no travel restrictions on the affected countries because the WHO had recommended against that.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by IamUti: 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
ghananotnaija: Thank you host nation China for protecting international athletes (including the Ghanaian contingent) from disease-ridden Nigerians.

you are a big fool if nigeria withdraws our help we give to ghana .. u tink una go survive ..foolish fool
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by NITROGENN: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
IamUti:

you are a big fool if nigeria withdraws our help we give to ghana .. u tink una go survive ..foolish fool
It will be nice if u mention only one help u talking about.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ghananotnaija(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
IamUti:

How can Nigeria help Ghana when we have more hours of light than you even though you produce oil? We have better road and rail infrastructure, better governance, more stable society, more balanced economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by IamUti: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
ghananotnaija:

How can Nigeria help Ghana when we have more hours of light than you even though you produce oil? We have better road and rail infrastructure, better governance, more stable society, more balanced economy.

f**k yall !!! fools angry y are you even on a nigerian forum y nt go to ur ghanian wack a*s websites
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by NITROGENN: 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
IamUti:

f**k yall !!! fools angry y are you even on a nigerian forum y nt go to ur ghanian wack a*s websites
nigerian traits.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ayusco85(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
hardbody:

Bros, you are so forgetful. I still use the green stuff we shared the last time and i will soon be needing another jumbo roll. I will let you know when i will come to collect it.

u wish
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
Who labelled Nigeria an Ebola problem?

China or Nigeria herself? answer: Nigeria!!

There is no Ebola problem in Nigeria but our clueless govt started informing the world that Ebola is rampant in Nigeria - declaring emergency and other measures.

Clueless Badluck is following orders of the USA - Do you remember #America would know, it is their money ?

Omadachi: And they are in Nigeria making money.They should have ask all their citizens to leave Nigeria and go back to China.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by XKZ(m): 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
ghananotnaija:

We have better road and rail infrastructure, better governance, more stable society, more balanced economy.

Once a model for Africa, Ghana's economy loses its
shine | Reuters
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0EO0KD20140613?irpc=932

Excerpts...
It [Ghana] is now, however, paying a steep price for not coming through with a new tranche of fiscal reforms. Political consensus is stymied, the public is dismayed by rising costs and the dream of new wealth is on hold.
"The situation is becoming quite critical. There has been a chronic underestimation of the seriousness of the problem by the authorities," said Angus Downie, head of economic research at Ecobank.
In the meantime, ordinary people are feeling the
pinch, particularly with inflation running at 14.8
percent.
Carmen Altenkirch, director of Africa ratings at Fitch, said money printing to fund the deficit would only raise pressure on inflation and a currency that has fallen 28 percent this year.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by quesra(f): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
grin
XKZ:

When should someone seek medical care?
If a person has been in an area known to have
Ebola virus disease or in contact with a person
known or suspected to have Ebola and they begin
to have symptoms, they should seek medical care
immediately.
www.who.int/csr/disease/ebola/faq-ebola/en/

The symptoms alone are not enough to indicate Ebola, a lot of tropical diseases have similar symptoms. There has to be reason to believe the person has been in contact with an Ebola patient.

The doctor was suspicious that was why they detained Sawyer and raised an alert despite the fact that he denied coming in contact with any Ebola cases and in spite of the pressure being put on them to discharge him.

If there was a failure it was with Immigration and the Ministry of Health who did not institute screenings at all our borders. But I don't think before Sawyer came to Nigeria any country was doing that. There was also no travel restrictions on the affected countries because the WHO had recommended against that.

you seem to have first hand info on what went on between the Doctor and Sawyerr,he your relative? *jusaskin

anyway from your comments i want to believe we are on the same page
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by XKZ(m): 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
quesra: grin

you seem to have first hand info on what went on between the Doctor and Sawyerr,he your relative? *jusaskin

Every thing I've said so far is public knowledge.
The doctor, I believe is female.
Please don't ask if she's my girlfriend. ☺
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Litmus: 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nigerians or the "NIGERIANS" among us bare much responsibility too. The Liberian introduced Ebola to Nigeria and to date there is only a handful of cases and the Nigerian Government has done a relatively good job of trying to limit the damage but it is Nigerians that are misleading the world as to the scale of Ebola in Nigeria. By continually going on and on about it, juxtaposed with the fact that to the outside world, all South-of- Sahara Africans are Nigerians, it's no wonder the world is reacting this way to Nigeria. Those that want nothing good for Nigeria and Nigerians are of course exploiting the situation.

I saw this coming from the start, which was why i posted this topic in July 02:

[size=14pt]The French Pestilence And Wars[/size].

https://www.nairaland.com/1796684/french-pestilence-wars
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by XKZ(m): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
Litmus:

I saw this coming from the start, which was why i posted this topic in July 02:

[size=14pt]The French Pestilence And Wars[/size].

https://www.nairaland.com/1796684/french-pestilence-wars

Wow! That was like prescient!
(I hope there was no modification after the fact)
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ghananotnaija(m): 1:19am On Aug 16, 2014
IamUti:

You simple-minded peasant, how is Nairaland only for Nigerians? Is Facebook only for Americans?

SMH for Nigeria's education system. Useless.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by diarra94(m): 4:48am On Aug 16, 2014
you guys should fhucking quit whining, any country that is weary of west African citizens is completely right. after all ebola wouldn't have reached Nigeria if we were a proactive early enough. they are simply protecting their citizens and any sane country would do same.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by SenatorJames(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2014
himkers: since this Ebola of a thing became serious, you hardly see The police and road safety officials on the road stopping motorists cheesy..........This is the part of Ebola that I love soo welll grin grin
Dont tell me "every bad occurence has its own good"
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by XKZ(m): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2014
ghananotnaija: Thank you host nation China for protecting international athletes (including the Ghanaian contingent) from disease-ridden Nigerians.

ghananotnaija:
We have better road and rail infrastructure, better governance, more stable society, more balanced economy.

Ghana cholera outbreak at 'staggering' level
http://news.yahoo.com/ghana-cholera-outbreak-staggering-level-110910744.html

Accra (AFP) - A cholera outbreak in Ghana's capital has reached "staggering" levels, an official said Friday, blaming poor sanitation and overcrowded health facilities for the rapid spread of the disease.
Cholera has killed more than 40 people in Accra since June and infected 3,100 others, according to the Ghana Health Service.

@TheEconomist: In a shocking fall from grace, Ghana asks the IMF for help with its economic woes
http://econ.st/1vHsuAO

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by quesra(f): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
XKZ:

Every thing I've said so far is public knowledge.
The doctor, I believe is female.
Please don't ask if she's my girlfriend. ☺

He-she/she-he,whatever (the gender made públic only recently),let me then rephrase my question; the way you interpreted with firsthand knowledge of what went on between them,is the doctor your relative?
*girlfriendtinznotmybuisness
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by quesra(f): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
ghananotnaija:

You simple-minded peasant, how is Nairaland only for Nigerians? Is Facebook only for Americans?

SMH for Nigeria's education system. Useless.

Hello you,this is NAIRAland okay,i believe there is añ equivalent ghanian versión of this,i can give you the link if you need
This is not facebook,attempt to login to a local american chat site as añ african based in Africa is see if your account will not be suspended.
As per shaking your Head for Nigeria's education system,make sure your neck is strong enuf to hold that Head on when your brain starts swelling,cos you aint heard the half of it
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by XKZ(m): 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
quesra:

He-she/she-he,whatever (the gender made públic only recently),let me then rephrase my question; the way you interpreted with firsthand knowledge of what went on between them,is the doctor your relative?
*girlfriendtinznotmybuisness

Were you seriously expecting an answer to the question? I thought it was a joke.

Btw, right from the onset it was stated the doctor was female, but Nigerians still have the mindset that expects doctors to be men.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ebola: Nigerian doctor miraculously recovers, discharged from hospital:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/ebola-nigerian-doctor-miraculously.html
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by quesra(f): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
XKZ:

Were you seriously expecting an answer to the question? I thought it was a joke.

Btw, right from the onset it was stated the doctor was female, but Nigerians still have the mindset that expects doctors to be men.
Yeah just like americans think that all africans are from a country called Africa,yet they cool folks
As usual,typical of non nigerians to cast aspersions, after what you just said i hope you are not Nigerian?for all you know or dont know i could as well be a medical personel OR NOT,
Deleté that generalisation on Nigerians from your mind brother,wont take you anywhere
*and no I WAs and am not joking
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by XKZ(m): 7:34am On Aug 17, 2014
quesra:

Deleté that generalisation on Nigerians from your mind brother

A majority of Nigerians still have the mindset that expects doctors to be male.
Is that better?
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ghananotnaija(m): 3:43am On Aug 18, 2014
quesra:
Hello you,this is NAIRAland okay,i believe there is añ equivalent ghanian versión of this,i can give you the link if you need
This is not facebook,attempt to login to a local american chat site as añ african based in Africa is see if your account will not be suspended.
As per shaking your Head for Nigeria's education system,make sure your neck is strong enuf to hold that Head on when your brain starts swelling,cos you aint heard the half of it

The name "Naira land" refers only to the currency issued by the Nigerian government, and not to the country itself. There are millions of non-Nigerian Africans in this region who do business using the naira, myself included. Therefore, I am entitled to use this forum.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by quesra(f): 10:22am On Aug 18, 2014
ghananotnaija:

The name "Naira land" refers only to the currency issued by the Nigerian government, and not to the country itself. There are millions of non-Nigerian Africans in this region who do business using the naira, myself included. Therefore, I am entitled to use this forum.

yes and you are also entitled to use the ghanian forum.
now i may be wrong but NAIRALAND is just the name given to a Forum created for Nigerians all over the world to connect....but of course its not a closed forum, meaning its open to even aliens from MARS just as any country is open to foreigners..now that also means if your in Rome,you should know how to poport yourself (you cant be xenophobic in another mans land)
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ghananotnaija(m): 3:24am On Aug 19, 2014
quesra:

yes and you are also entitled to use the ghanian forum.
now i may be wrong but NAIRALAND is just the name given to a Forum created for Nigerians all over the world to connect....but of course its not a closed forum, meaning its open to even aliens from MARS just as any country is open to foreigners..now that also means if your in Rome,you should know how to poport yourself (you cant be xenophobic in another mans land)

Do Nigerians in London or Atlanta use the naira on a daily basis?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by quesra(f): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
ghananotnaija:

Do Nigerians in London or Atlanta use the naira on a daily basis?

Dude, we are talking about a Nigerian forum with a name here(whether its cediland or euroland whatever) and not a currency or fx trade database shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Was At Old Trafford / Sagamite's Top 30 Greatest African Footballers Of All Time / Manchester United Appoints Ralf Rangnick As Interim Manager (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.