Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination (37162 Views)

Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup / No Change In 2015 Africa Cup Schedule Over Ebola – CAF / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by InvertedHammer: 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nigerians are not surprised. After all, in Nigeria, quarantined or not, people go still tear race whenever Ebola is mentioned.

I think Nigerians are surprised whenever they encounter countries that treat their citizens well. cry
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
phlemzy: Its unfortunate but its only a measure to guide against further spread as even within Nigeria,the number of contacts under watch is expanding. I fear if it wont get to a point where the number of people under watch would get to a million.
shut your trap there! is it not ideal to test a suspect for ebola virus, after which if found negative would be given every privilege other athletes enjoy...this discrimination is absolute nonsense and i expect the government of this country to retaliate.

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Omadachi(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
And they are in Nigeria making money.They should have ask all their citizens to leave Nigeria and go back to China.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
considering the irresponsible behaviour exhibited by several people who had been in contact with sawyer, why is anyone surprised?

throw sawyers behavior into the mix - some people must have known he was infected, and yet he made it onto a plane and out of the country

as long as nigerians/africans keep 'escaping' quarantine, and refusing to turn themselves in for checks if they are at risk, expect more of this

what nonsense

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by IYANGBALI: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nairalandi: Otu ocha!.....nna lekwenu ndi china ooo
same to you
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ignis: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
This is serious...
Patrick Suya all caused this havoc.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by passmiko: 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
abeg make una come back home it does worth it
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by AdeniyiA(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
As protest/solidarity ,Oya begin throway all China products in your house, radio, TV, dishes, all accessories, electronics nd phones, cool
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
That Sawyer will not rest in peace.

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by twopointtwo: 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
Make they come back na,person way them reject the reject himself.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by nijanigga: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
tumababa: all because of this american sawyer devil!! the guy na terrorist dat came on a suicide mission
You should be grateful, that Sawyer brought the virus no Nigeria. Imagine a scenarion, where unknown person or a corpse brought to Nigeria for burial had the virus? It would have been worse and you might not be here calling sawyer devil.As a matter of fact,without Sawyer ,Nigeria had a greater risk of infection.Think of how many Nigerians travel to all the affected countries?
So, don't be short sighted.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by nijanigga: 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
JideTheBlogger: That Sawyer will not rest in peace.
You nko, u know how u go die?
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by lastpage: 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
bushdoc9919: None of the athletes were sick....so why the quarantine.

Complete over-reaction.(sigh).

Exactly!
At the worst case scenario, they should just have TESTED EACH of the TWELVE athletes to CONFIRM they are not infected, using just blood samples but like everything "BLACK", they must rub salt on our humiliation. wink wink

I tell you even Asians regard themselves as "WHITE PEOPLE" when it comes to dealing with Black Africans, and would openly "racially discriminate" against them, as you have seen here.

We need to wake-up seriously. Africans please wake up o!

Lastpage!

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by nijanigga: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
AdeniyiA: As protest/solidarity ,Oya begin throway all China products in your house, radio, TV, dishes, all accessories, electronics nd phones, cool
you never even chase chinese molesting Nigerian workkers in Nigeria, you want to protest against chinese products, maybe your phone ,pc and generators are all made in china.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by delishpot: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
Gbege. Unecessary wahala. Cant they make them go for an Ebola test ni. Its a mater of isolating them till the test results come out. Na wa sha.
Anyway, na so we sef for fear is say liberians come naija.
Now I understand why some guys were saying panic is not good. Na panic cause all these ones so.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by room089: 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
himkers: since this Ebola of a thing became serious, you hardly see The police and road safety officials on the road stopping motorists cheesy..........This is the part of Ebola that I love soo welll grin grin

My guy u are so on point here like kpomkwem

U think say dem no dey fear fear?
Ebola wey pursue Boko Haram inside sotee dem lie low for some time now; e come be ordinary police and road safety.

Omo stand well well no be for woman wey get belle o!
And quarantine no be kwara tin o!

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by quesra(f): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
all this China this China that, the players were discriminated against in training camp of the youth athletics..... na only Nigeria and China dey compete for the games?

the more i reason it the more disappointed i am at the "DOCTOR" that treated Sawyerr, was he really that ill-informed of a disease that has been raging on for months?kai!

GEJ is about to set up a committee to investigate the number of people they will keep quarantining until whenever cos the govt is obviously completely at a loss on any solution
[code][/code]Americawillhelp
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by hardbody: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
ayusco85: Ah, china!!! U did this to my dear country? Oya na, I withdraw my earlier post campaigning for china to be world power by 2050.

New campaign: Stop patronising china products. #Shikena

Like they care####
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ebola: Chidi Mokeme says victims who escape quarantine should be shot on sight:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/ebola-chidi-mokeme-says-victims-who.html
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by chemicool: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
BUSHHUNTER: Chai

You don smoke your igbo well well. See ya eyes.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by johnahmed: 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
Unilag university (2014/15)Admission Batch is OUT/For Help_08105470307
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ayusco85(m): 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
hardbody:

Like they care####

Really? Their biggest market in africa?
Come Which brand of weed are u smoking?
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Dammy1015: 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
This Ebola is becoming a stigma on our nation.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by bigglat: 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
The late Sawyer has succeeded in stigmatizing our beloved nation.
Dammy1015: This Ebola is becoming a stigma on our nation.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by XKZ(m): 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
quesra:
the more i reason it the more disappointed i am at the "DOCTOR" that treated Sawyerr, was he really that ill-informed of a disease that has been raging on for months?kai!

It was not raging in Nigeria, besides Sawyer refused to give his true medical history. Until lab results came back there was no way to be sure that Sawyer had ebola. Ebola symptoms are similar to a lot of other diseases.

quesra:

GEJ is about to set up a committee to investigate the number of people they will keep quarantining until whenever cos the govt is obviously completely at a loss on any solution

The WHO recommends isolation and supportive treatment for ebola patients. There is no known cure.
You can make an argument for the trial drugs, but in a few months time if dangerous side effects show up who would want to bear the blame?

Facts about what helps treat Ebola
http:///xeWzAU
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by tutaboi(m): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ha!! E pain me oo!
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
Let's nt blame dem.....d virus is as deadly as dat
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by quesra(f): 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
XKZ:

It was not raging in Nigeria, besides Sawyer refused to give his true medical history. Until lab results came back there was no way to be sure that Sawyer had ebola. Ebola symptoms are similar to a lot of other diseases.

The WHO recommends isolation and supportive treatment for ebola patients. There is no known cure.
You can make an argument for the trial drugs, but in a few months time if dangerous side effects show up who would want to bear the blame?

Facts about what helps treat Ebola
http:///xeWzAU

Of course even the balogun market woman in lagos knows it WAs not raging in Nigeria,however it has been all over the News since the first quarter of the year,
But of course doctors are very busy people
So lets assume you are a doctor and another doctor flies in from guinea and is sick,you would have no suspitions right?

Guess i suck @comedy

The GEJ part WAs eerrrrr meant to be a joke
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by BobbySaka(m): 1:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Add this BBM pin: 7EFCF5CC
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ghananotnaija(m): 2:25am On Aug 15, 2014
Thank you host nation China for protecting international athletes (including the Ghanaian contingent) from disease-ridden Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 15, 2014
Ebola: Nigeria approves the use of new Ebola drug "Nanosilver" to treat patients:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/ebola-nigeria-approves-use-of-new-ebola.html

I Was At Old Trafford / Chelsea Agrees Fee With Arsenal For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain / Manchester United Appoints Ralf Rangnick As Interim Manager (Pix)