Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors (63380 Views)

we Didn’t Sack Resident Doctors; We Only Suspended Them’, The Federal Government / NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by dljbd1(m): 11:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
warrior01: what a great relief! After all, most Nigeria doctors are utterly useless. imagine some of them denying their profession and others tending their resignation letters just because they heard Ebola is in town. Thank God for the able agbo sellers
I know of a woman who underwent operation and the useless surgeon forgot a towel inside her.
What high level of carelessness and incompetence! angry

4 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by chidekings(m): 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
reindeer: As a doctor ,i am so happy i left many years ago. The system gets more rotten by the day
Brains are like women, they go where they are appreciated. My advice to my junior colleagues is this, dust your certificates(worth £££££££££) do the right exams and move. The UK is currently short of doctors especially in accident and emergency.
We are so short that my trust did a Skype interview and employed 5 doctors from Sri-Lanka last year. The Royal college of GPs currently is understaffed and many units nationwide have rota shortages. I know of a few lucky Nigerian doctors who didn't even write the exams yet were employed and told to get it sorted in their first year here. The Hospitals will usually file with the home office for your work permits and you only have to pay for your visas for your family.
Hurry and come, you are not appreciated in Nigeria anyway, so why stay?
try www.jobs.nhs.uk and go to section for non-EEA doctors. Hospitals post jobs on that page when they haven't found anyone from Europe to take the job.Those are the ones really desperate for anyone with a medical degree.
just my little advice.

someone is high on some cheap weed

4 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
armadeo: If this is true The affected hospitals will be teaching hospitals and federal medical centers for now. They would revert to general hospital status. What would inadvertently follow is the loss of medical schools accreditation.

Some drs will take up positions as locum in the federal hospitals which would buffer on a general note

The states would follow suit and employ locum drs.

Analytically this isn't the end point. Its the first step in the privatisation of the health care system.

I find it interesting and would like to see how it plays out.

don't know how it would eventually play out. UK NHS is free and they make use of locum doctors and casual nurses. same with Canada and a good number of European countries.
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
reindeer: As a doctor ,i am so happy i left many years ago. The system gets more rotten by the day
Brains are like women, they go where they are appreciated. My advice to my junior colleagues is this, dust your certificates(worth £££££££££) do the right exams and move. The UK is currently short of doctors especially in accident and emergency.
We are so short that my trust did a Skype interview and employed 5 doctors from Sri-Lanka last year. The Royal college of GPs currently is understaffed and many units nationwide have rota shortages. I know of a few lucky Nigerian doctors who didn't even write the exams yet were employed and told to get it sorted in their first year here. The Hospitals will usually file with the home office for your work permits and you only have to pay for your visas for your family.
Hurry and come, you are not appreciated in Nigeria anyway, so why stay?
try www.jobs.nhs.uk and go to section for non-EEA doctors. Hospitals post jobs on that page when they haven't found anyone from Europe to take the job.Those are the ones really desperate for anyone with a medical degree.
just my little advice.
God bless you dear...
I was so myopic in my reasoning during my internship days that I thought residency training is the only option. Now I realised how I shortchanged myself....keeping my options on the table now.
I heard Canada is need of Doctors and working in UK wouldn't be a bad idea.
I only feel sorry for my relatives who will be at the receiving end of this our decaying healthcare system .

7 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by ebonyjummy(f): 11:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
This na gobe! Asin original gobe
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
casket:
God bless you dear...
I was so myopic in my reasoning during my internship days that I thought residency training is the only option. Now I realised how I shortchanged myself....keeping my options on the table now.
I only feel sorry for my relatives who will be at the receiving end of this our decaying healthcare system .
Dude...forget Canada. Practicing as a doctor in Canada no be beans oooo(could take more than 6 years of retraining, they don't care if you are Oxford or Cambridge trained), they have one of the best health care system in the world and their immigration process has been heavily revamped. Don't know about UK though.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Stuffyj(m): 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
I blv d president is just joking. If nt, ds is really a silly decision. He is so clueless dt he sacks more than 16 thousand resident doctors at ds period when we r having Ebola epidemic instead of amicable resolution. D crisis in d health sector can still be resolved amicably. No sane country hs ever toyed wt health of her citizens. What a shame!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by pegmatite(f): 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
Time to look up to God for a divine immunization...

5 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Onwe101(m): 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
I swear, this is the best thing gej has done so far as president

6 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by agriboom: 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
Good move wrong timing angry
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by ACM10: 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
casket:
God bless you dear...

Please drop the link to Canada jobs. To hell with Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by reindeer: 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
chidekings:
someone is high on some cheap weed

To your little mind. Unfortunately many are like you without any idea what happens beyond their street.
I know how dire the situation is, my local A/E had to pay a locum Dr £100 an hour for a 12hour shift just this last saturday for cover.
Get enlightened little boy.
Doctors have a very transferable skill set

11 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Edkay: 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
"warrior01: what a great relief! After all, most Nigeria doctors are utterly useless. imagine some of them denying their profession and others tending their resignation letters just because they heard Ebola is in town. Thank God for the able agbo sellers"

Only "kamakaze doctors" ie suicidal would attempt to take on ebola without certified protective equipment and assurances of a reliable system. Best wishes to these agbo sellers!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by SHOCK7(m): 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
God dis is going 2 affect my business badly!FG pls reconsider embarassed
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by chidekings(m): 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
reindeer:

To your little mind. Unfortunately many are like you without any idea what happens beyond their street.
I know how dire the situation is, my local A/E had to pay a locum Dr £100 an hour for a 12hour shift just this last saturday for cover.
Get enlightened little boy.
Doctors have a very transferable skill set

and i dont remember asking for all this explanations

5 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by giles14(m): 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
Arosa: If this is true then the Doctors should go 'job searching' in Countries that will appreciate them more. undecided
like were .Ghana or uk abi Yankee.bros all na wash.if did news is true I dey assure u most doctor wey run during military regime go don dey book der return ticket by now so any thing from nxt tomoro Nigeria hospitals go get new faces.not to talk of our own young new fresh doctors
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
HNosegbe: That letter seems to refer to doctors on RESIDENCY TRAINING. I don't think all docs have been sacked.

Anyway, let's wait for further confirmation.
yea
ignorance on d part of op
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Rexnegro(m): 11:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ok
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by midekay(m): 11:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
Uncle jonah and his crew are totally out of ideas, is sacking d resident doctors d solution to d issues on ground. I tink we need a better person to Rule us in dis country, someone capable and knowledgeable come 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by IamUti: 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
like us on facebook -> www.facebook.com/akpostins grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
Wetin concern ebola with andrew liver salt

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by davis51(m): 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
FG's ebola will cum to an End....
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by reindeer: 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
chidekings:
and i dont remember asking for all this explanations

Apart from making a childish statement about a topic you do not understand?

8 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by armadeo(m): 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
okparaugo: Good move.

Place doctors on performance and appraisal sheets.

Let them strive to keep their jobs like bankers..

Indolent staff...

You too Na wa oh.
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by ikechiozo: 11:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
This is a welcomed development.. Where is Dr. Phantom, you were running your mouth some weeks ago, come and talk now na. You are been paid to be trained as a resident doctor and you choose to go on strike on purely administrative issues. At least my friends working in private hospital receiving 60,000 Naira monthly can now get a Job in the government hospital. You people think you are indispensable.. just watch and see the number of private employed doctors that will submit their CVs. Ru--bbish!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by armadeo(m): 11:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
iswallker:

All this falsehood ure sharing..diaris god oooo!!!

grin grin
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Emekamex(m): 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
It seems the FG are desperate to privatize everything including hospitals. This move will surely open way for private owned hospitals. The downside is that we lose experienced doctors and price of health fees will definitely increase.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
saxywale:
Dude...forget Canada. Practicing as a doctor in Canada no be beans oooo(could take more than 6 years of retraining, they don't care if you are Oxford or Cambridge trained), they have one of the best health care system in the world and their immigration process has been heavily revamped. Don't know about UK though.

That's not news....hardworking Nigerians excel where ever they find themselves, the limiting factor is what you think about yourself.
I am sure you are doing pretty good in your own professional cadre ?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by armadeo(m): 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
dljbd1:
I know of a woman who underwent operation and the useless surgeon forgot a towel inside her.
What high level of carelessness and incompetence! angry

Go and find out who is supposed to know how many towels were used in an operation before the dr closes the patient.

Thank me later.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by ikechiozo: 11:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
Emekamex: It seems the FG are desperate to privatize everything including hospitals. This move will surely open way for private owned hospitals. The downside is that we lose experienced doctors and price of health fees will definitely increase.

You won´t lose anything.. People will be paid based on their contributions...We can keep paying over 600,000 to a consultant for working 4hrs in a week.
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
Some pple r so senseless....so useless...so headless...
infact... I don't knw what to say...
something like this happened and all u can do is support d motion... maybe u rili don't knw what it means sha...
even if d doctors strike.. is dis how to solve it... Or do 2 wrongs make a right in Bayelsa??
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
ACM10:

Please drop the link to Canada jobs. To hell with Nigeria.
Doc, I am still in denial phase with this suspension of residency training. Got the info from one of my ex colleagues, will update you once I put my thought together and fashion out way forward.
Aluta continua

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Jigawa University Student Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Cheated On Him / Doctor Poses With Nurse Who Conducted His Delivery & Now Works In His Hospital / Covid-19: Woman Covers Her Head With Empty Container To Stay Safe (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.