Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors (63385 Views)

we Didn’t Sack Resident Doctors; We Only Suspended Them’, The Federal Government / NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Solozzo(m): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
Why only resident doctors? Jonathan, this is scapegoating and going for soft target, in the hope that consultants would return to work. Shame!!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by esperiense(m): 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
Tallesty1: Silly move from FG.
. GEJ has an impressive way of showing his stupidity in a grandstyle

7 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by iswallker(m): 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
deeobserver209: I used to support these doctors but when I got to learn how political their strike dived into and their superiority complex, I withdrew my support for them.
The main bone of contention is the demand for the establishment of the office of the 'Surgeon General of the Federation' which they argue should be established to take care of Health care matters in the country, just like the situation in the United States.
But things got crappy when they insist that only Doctors be appointed as a Surgeon General. Arguing that doctors are more qualified for the position considering the amount of time they spend on their course of study. This didn't go down well with the nurses who feel that such plan would only subjugate nurses to the background. The nurses were of the oppion that the office of the Surgeon General should be left wide open for whoever will be qualified to occupy, be it Nurse or a Doctor. They cite an example with the United States were the current Surgeon General is a Nurse.

All this falsehood ure sharing..diaris god oooo!!!

8 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
Another brain drain of Nigerian doctors in the offing just like 1983 saga...
USMLE, MRCP ..coming to pass you soon !

8 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
Solozzo: Why only resident doctors? Jonathan, this is scapegoating and going for soft target, in the hope that consultants would return to work. Shame!!
Gbam !
That's just the idea ooo
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by ujustice: 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
The federal government is not this stupid, or is it? If this is true then it is national terrorism. The doctors won't feel it, fg and its officials won't feel it, just the poor Nigerian masses. Very sad development. Oh how the founding fathers of Nigeria weep in the grave.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
Edkay: I believe the sack is a blessing in disguise:
1. Many of our collegues considering returning home...now know where they stand...
2. These would force registrars to explore other opportunities in health industry

What do you think?
Why will any sane doctor return from abroad to come and work in this messed up system that sacks 16,00 doctors with impunity?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by sigmundfreud(m): 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
warrior01: what a great relief! After all, most Nigeria doctors are utterly useless. imagine some of them denying their profession and others tending their resignation letters just because they heard Ebola is in town. Thank God for the able agbo sellers
Jonathan should just employ you...as special adviser on health matters!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by buchibabe: 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
Wow....vexing tinz
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
Fashola style. FG hospitals welcomes locum and casual doctors.
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
They are useless anyways(at least for now) people are dying on daily basis and do doctors doesn't care, so y blame do federal government alone, they are all guilty

6 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
Arosa: If this is true then the Doctors should go 'job searching' in Countries that will appreciate them more. undecided
Sub Saharan African countries with the exception of SA.
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Tobbie9(m): 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
At d end of d day neither fg nor doctors will lose, unfortunate nigerians
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Solozzo(m): 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
deeobserver209: I used to support these doctors but when I got to learn how political their strike dived into and their superiority complex, I withdrew my support for them.
The main bone of contention is the demand for the establishment of the office of the 'Surgeon General of the Federation' which they argue should be established to take care of Health care matters in the country, just like the situation in the United States.
But things got crappy when they insist that only Doctors be appointed as a Surgeon General. Arguing that doctors are more qualified for the position considering the amount of time they spend on their course of study. This didn't go down well with the nurses who feel that such plan would only subjugate nurses to the background. The nurses were of the oppion that the office of the Surgeon General should be left wide open for whoever will be qualified to occupy, be it Nurse or a Doctor. They cite an example with the United States were the current Surgeon General is a Nurse.

The bone of contention was MD of federal hospitals, not surgeon genera. which

FG has already acceded surgeon general to doctors.
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by THUNDER4real(m): 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
GEJ is on point, the society is not a grave yard where nothing happens except quietness. At least with this move he has set fire on this case group (doctors), let's see how these doctors react.
But come to think of it, These doctors are so heartless, how can you be on strike for more than one month........They want to kill many Nigerians and then conduct mass burial for them. Most Doctors in Nigeria are not suppose to study medicine, they are so after superiorty complex and always finding way to milk the poor people.

8 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Solozzo(m): 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
yemaldo: They are useless anyways(at least for now) people are dying on daily basis and do doctors doesn't care, so y blame do federal government alone, they are all guilty

Too risky to work as a doctor now, because of Ebola virus infection risk.
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by SoullyBaba(m): 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
All dis advanced biologists wey dey call demselvs doctors.. Dey dnt serve any better dan our nurses. I hope dis is true, deir nyash go open

5 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
warrior01:
Trust me. Our able agbo sellers are better than most "Nigerian doctors". Have you been to any Nigerian teaching hospital before? God have mercy on those things you call doctors
It's just the same in all profession. There are bad doctors and good doctors, bad engineers and good engineers.

maybe it depends on the institution the qualification comes from.

A doctor almost killed my sister through bad diagnosis but another one saved her.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by dyn01: 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
Equip our hospitals u no gree. Those wei equip theirs get 2 heads? Wen u dey de fly abroad for treatment y u no go sack?#dnt blv it sha sadEquip our hospitals u no gree. Those wei equip theirs get 2 heads? Wen u dey de fly abroad for treatment y u no go sack?#dnt blv it sha

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Solozzo(m): 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
THUNDER4real: GEJ is on point, the society is not a grave yard where nothing happens except quietness. At least with this move he has set fire on this case group (doctors), let's see how these doctors react.
But come to think of it, These doctors are so heartless, how can you be on strike for more than one month........They want to kill many Nigerians and then conduct mass burial for them. Most Doctors in Nigeria are not suppose to study medicine, they are so after superiorty complex and always finding way to milk the poor people.

FG always renege on their promises. They are waiting to be paid promised allowances

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by udemzyudex(m): 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
phantom: jonathan is an i.mbecile. i ve just confirmed it. dude is r.etarded honestly!!

the only president in the world to sack his doctors.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin in the face of a medical emergency......laughable!!!

Are they not on strike?
as if the doctors are doing their job.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
HNosegbe: That letter seems to refer to doctors on RESIDENCY TRAINING. I don't think all docs have been sacked.

Anyway, let's wait for further confirmation.
Doctors in residency are the backbone of unionism.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by reindeer: 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
As a doctor ,i am so happy i left many years ago. The system gets more rotten by the day
Brains are like women, they go where they are appreciated. My advice to my junior colleagues is this, dust your certificates(worth £££££££££) do the right exams and move. The UK is currently short of doctors especially in accident and emergency.
We are so short that my trust did a Skype interview and employed 5 doctors from Sri-Lanka last year. The Royal college of GPs currently is understaffed and many units nationwide have rota shortages. I know of a few lucky Nigerian doctors who didn't even write the exams yet were employed and told to get it sorted in their first year here. The Hospitals will usually file with the home office for your work permits and you only have to pay for your visas for your family.
Hurry and come, you are not appreciated in Nigeria anyway, so why stay?
try www.jobs.nhs.uk and go to section for non-EEA doctors. Hospitals post jobs on that page when they haven't found anyone from Europe to take the job.Those are the ones really desperate for anyone with a medical degree.
just my little advice.

24 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Deepfreezer(m): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
Arosa: If this is true then the Doctors should go 'job searching' in Countries that will appreciate them more. undecided
so because they re doctors we should be licking their asses abi?
nice on FG. this a selfless profession. but here our doctors prefer financial gains to saving life which the swore an oath to.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Edkay: 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
Like academics, competent doctors provide essential n indispensable services(many provide free consultations daily), so there's no need to panic. Perhaps someone should start a thread on opportunities in other countries...australia, canada, south africa, US, New Zealand are viable places for docs now. Even UK currently has a severe shortage in A n E now and currently pays a month's sal for 24hr locum work.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by aztruth: 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
Govt could not have done this with ASUU because the whole academic sector is united Unlike in health where self acclaimed leaders can not carry their "followers" along.
All said, as a labelled follower, i hope this is just a ploy to bring about the needed resolution in health sector crisis and not a real sack.
I have worked with Doctors and have friends who are residents . I can't wish them what I cannot wish myself. so I wish them good luck in resolving these issues with FG.
Whatever can be done shd be immediate before the govt realises how much money this saves them.

Besides I would say a big well done to the president GEJ. It's a killer and smart move.
There was no other choice! Its good to know we have a president who is in charge. Didn't know what would be but knew that to solve this problem, a drastic decision had to be made. Never expected this one anyway. Just pray FG just wants the upper hand in bargaining with this move and not a real........

Perhaps the NMA used the resident doctors as a bargaining chip when it was becoming evident that the president will privatize hospitals if care is not taken

1 Like

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
It is just a show of force to force the doctors to back down. Honestly, if labour unions are not checked in Nigeria, they can destroy this nation. Check out the list ASUU, ASUP, JOHESU, NASU, NMA, TUC, NLC, etc etc each with litany of demands. Solidarity is good but even too much of a good thing is bad. There should be moderation in whatever we do.
in fact, you forgot their oga patapata, NUPENG.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by nmanma1(f): 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
phantom: jonathan is an i.mbecile. i ve just confirmed it. dude is r.etarded honestly!!

the only president in the world to sack his doctors.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin in the face of a medical emergency......laughable!!!
I know ur father is an slowpoke too 4 u to call som1's father n first citizen of the nation that.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Onegai(f): 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
Guys, relax! RELAX!

We've got pastors and imans and this guy below. We don't need doctors. Plus, we can get salt from them anytime we need to bathe.

We're gonna be finnnnneeeee grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
let the Game Begin
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Solozzo(m): 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
ujustice: The federal government is not this stupid, or is it? If this is true then it is national terrorism. The doctors won't feel it, fg and its officials won't feel it, just the poor Nigerian masses. Very sad development. Oh how the founding fathers of Nigeria weep in the grave.

The same FG paid doctors one month full salary and 75% call duty allowance for July 2014 for doing nothing. Funny!!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
deeobserver209:
Point noted. But don't you think nurses are being relegated to the background? By my observation nurses carry out must of the treatments on patients. These people work harder than doctors themselves if you ask me.
I don't support the strike action. but dude, nurses are just carers and the doctors are the brain behind how a patient recovers from an illness. In all cases, they have more than one patient at a time which requires a lot of mental work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Jigawa University Student Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Cheated On Him / Doctor Poses With Nurse Who Conducted His Delivery & Now Works In His Hospital / Covid-19: Woman Covers Her Head With Empty Container To Stay Safe (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.