Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors (63397 Views)

we Didn’t Sack Resident Doctors; We Only Suspended Them’, The Federal Government / NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by VantagePoint: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
barcanista: When the Glorified quacks called doctors are hungry, they will be reabsorbed. For NOW...They are FIRED!!!

I AM WITH THE PRESIDENT ON THIS
Are the military doctors not 'Nigerian doctors' as well?
The same medical schools, residency programs and training, etc?
BTW, this tussle between doctors and government will pan out just like you said, but meanwhile, lots of patients will bear the brunt.Because, even as pathetic our doctors are, there are still some life-saving interventions they carry out.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
VantagePoint:
Are the military doctors not 'Nigerian doctors' as well?
The same medical schools, residency programs and training, etc?
BTW, this tussle between doctors and government will pan out just like you said, but meanwhile, lots of patients will bear the brunt.Because, even as pathetic our doctors are, there are still some life-saving interventions they carry out.
Come on dude, Military Docs are more disciplined that their nonMilitary counterpart that has become "Glorified First Aid Givers". They have been striking going to a month now(If not more), They should continue. Very soon the Government will publish vacancy IF they insist on their stubbornness. Meanwhile , I know that there are some disciplined few among them who are ready to damn the NMA and resume. As for those striking SACKED doctors, THEY SHOULD GO TO HELL

16 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
VantagePoint: FG has finally found a way to 'deal' with the doctors?
Seems to affect only doctors in federal employ only though.
This ain't Jonathan's work, but Chukwu's.
Now only consultants are left to run the teaching hospitals.Imagine 800 consultants to a daily patient turnover of 4000 in a place like UCH.
Expect more deaths and mortalities.
Nigerian doctors will start scrambling for Togo, S.Africa, etc
Students will shun medicine as a course of study.
Agbo sellers will have a field day..
Nigeria's healthcare is already in the doldrums, but suspending residency programs just killed it.
It is just a show of force to force the doctors to back down. Honestly, if labour unions are not checked in Nigeria, they can destroy this nation. Check out the list ASUU, ASUP, JOHESU, NASU, NMA, TUC, NLC, etc etc each with litany of demands. Solidarity is good but even too much of a good thing is bad. There should be moderation in whatever we do.

14 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Reptyle(m): 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
I assume this "suspension" is just something to jolt the striking doctors into returning to work.

I hope it works...the strike has gone on for too long.

Successive governments have shown that the only language of negotiation they understand is strike. So we are going to continue to endure these inconveniences for a long time to come.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by gabriel212: 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
It is just a show of force to force the doctors to back down. Honestly, if labour unions are not checked in Nigeria, they can destroy this nation. Check out the list ASUU, ASUP, JOHESU, NASU, NMA, TUC, NLC, etc etc each with litany of demands. Solidarity is good but even too much of a good thing is bad. There should be moderation in whatever we do.
I totally agreed with you on this. in my opinion, all executive arm of JOHESU must be sack with immediate effect so as to act as deterrent to others and advert placement for new doctors from INDIA should be entertain.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by citizenisb: 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
The full circular from the Ministry of Health

1 Like

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by deeobserver209(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
I used to support these doctors but when I got to learn how political their strike dived into and their superiority complex, I withdrew my support for them.
The main bone of contention is the demand for the establishment of the office of the 'Surgeon General of the Federation' which they argue should be established to take care of Health care matters in the country, just like the situation in the United States.
But things got crappy when they insist that only Doctors be appointed as a Surgeon General. Arguing that doctors are more qualified for the position considering the amount of time they spend on their course of study. This didn't go down well with the nurses who feel that such plan would only subjugate nurses to the background. The nurses were of the oppion that the office of the Surgeon General should be left wide open for whoever will be qualified to occupy, be it Nurse or a Doctor. They cite an example with the United States were the current Surgeon General is a Nurse.

8 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by omenka(m): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
Again the glory of consistent ineptitude is revealed!!

They tried it with ASUU and it blew right in their faces causing them untold embarrassment!!

It is gonna be thesame this time as well.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by egopersonified(f): 5:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hmm, before FG sacks doctors, hope they went to ask fashola and oshiomole what happened when they sacked doctors and teachers respectively?

13 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Tobbie9(m): 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
I believe this should be big news if it's real, surprised no news website has reported it yet

1 Like

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by citizenisb: 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
They are toying with fire. They told all resident doctors to leave their hospital accommodation with immediate effect

1 Like

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by otokx(m): 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
Bad move by FG.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by phantom(m): 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
deeobserver209: I used to support these doctors but when I got to learn how political their strike dived into and their superiority complex, I withdrew my support for them.
The main bone of contention is the demand for the establishment of the office of the 'Surgeon General of the Federation' which they argue should be established to take care of Health care matters in the country, just like the situation in the United States.
But things got crappy when they insist that only Doctors be appointed as a Surgeon General. Arguing that doctors are more qualified for the position considering the amount of time they spend on their course of study. This didn't go down well with the nurses who feel that such plan would only subjugate nurses to the background. The nurses were of the oppion that the office of the Surgeon General should be left wide open for whoever will be qualified to occupy that position, be it Nurse or a Doctor. They cite an example with the United States were the current Surgeon General is a Nurse.

the bolded is false! the surgeon general of the US has always been a doctor.
the surgeon general of the US army is a nurse and only because the military recognises rank instead.she was the most senior in the army health services

12 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by phantom(m): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
jonathan is an i.mbecile. i ve just confirmed it. dude is r.etarded honestly!!

the only president in the world to sack his doctors.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin in the face of a medical emergency......laughable!!!

12 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by VantagePoint: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
deeobserver209: I used to support these doctors but when I got to learn how political their strike dived into and their superiority complex, I withdrew my support for them.
But things got crappy when they insist that only Doctors be appointed as a Surgeon General. Arguing that doctors are more qualified for the position considering the amount of time they spend on their course of study. This didn't go down well with the nurses who feel that such plan would only subjugate nurses to the background. The nurses were of the oppion that the office of the Surgeon General should be left wide open for whoever will be qualified to occupy that position, be it Nurse or a Doctor. They cite an example with the United States were the current Surgeon General is a Nurse.
FYI, the post of Surgeon-General has already been ceded to doctors, and that is not the only reason they went on strike.
And as someone pointed out, the post is reserved for doctors in the US, as the example you cited recognized military rank in appointment as surgeon-general.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by thaqib(m): 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
warrior01: what a great relief! After all, most Nigeria doctors are utterly useless. imagine some of them denying their profession and others tending their resignation letters just because they heard Ebola is in town. Thank God for the able agbo sellers
dude, do u have a cranium and backbone?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by deeobserver209(m): 5:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
VantagePoint:
FYI, the post of Surgeon-General has already been ceded to doctors, and that is not the only reason they went on strike.
And as someone pointed out, the post is reserved for doctors in the US, as the example you cited recognized military rank in appointment as surgeon-general.
Point noted. But don't you think nurses are being relegated to the background? By my observation nurses carry out must of the treatments on patients. These people work harder than doctors themselves if you ask me.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by phantom(m): 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
deeobserver209:
Point noted. But don't you think nurses are being relegated to the background? By my observation nurses carry out must of the treatments on patients. These people work harder than the doctors themselves if you ask me.

you are definitely on high grade crack...

5 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by atlwireles: 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
phantom: jonathan is an i.mbecile. i ve just confirmed it. dude is r.etarded honestly!!

the only president in the world to sack his doctors.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin in the face of a medical emergency......laughable!!!

Coming from a pest like you in need of fumigation, I will call it a compliment to the President. Mor0nic retarddeddddd you are, and will remain so forever.

14 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by VantagePoint: 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
deeobserver209:
Point noted. But don't you think nurses are being relegated to the background? By my observation nurses carry out must of the treatments on patients. These people work harder than doctors themselves if you ask me.
When you say "work harder", do you mean the number of hours they work or the number of patients they see?
I don't think so.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by phantom(m): 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
someone who knows and loves Jonathan should remind him that this very action was taken against doctors in the 80's by the military junta. it was so bad that doctors had their names on the boards and on national TV as being sacked. they were also forcefully ejected from their residences by soldiers.
this culminated in the worst level of brain drain this country ever witnessed.
BUT it is pertinent to note that that move didn't work in a military regime let alone a democratic government run by an INDECISIVE,DRUNK AND GROSSLY UNINTELLIGENT WEAKLING!

24 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by phantom(m): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
now I understand why demdem calls this man RETARDEEN.

grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by nikkyblings(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
This strike go tee enh.

So sad. He can aswell go ahead and scrap all medical schools in d country.
Confused leader!
kiss

6 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by mainheart(m): 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
better. if every section of workers go on strike want would happen.
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by adioolayi(m): 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
Tales by moonlight ...this is a very long seasons film ...we no fit finish am

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by armadeo(m): 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
If this is true The affected hospitals will be teaching hospitals and federal medical centers for now. They would revert to general hospital status. What would inadvertently follow is the loss of medical schools accreditation.

Some drs will take up positions as locum in the federal hospitals which would buffer on a general note

The states would follow suit and employ locum drs.

Analytically this isn't the end point. Its the first step in the privatisation of the health care system.

I find it interesting and would like to see how it plays out.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by hardbody: 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
Arosa: If this is true then the Doctors should go 'job searching' in Countries that will appreciate them more. undecided

Not with the Ebola stigma. They won't go very far, trust me
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by emmyclassic(m): 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
phantom: jonathan is an i.mbecile. i ve just confirmed it. dude is r.etarded honestly!!

slowpoke the stupid Doctors are working in the face of a medical emergency?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Arosa(m): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
hardbody:

Not with the Ebola stigma. They won't go very far, trust me
grin grin grin
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
But things got crappy when they insist that only Doctors be appointed as a Surgeon General. Arguing that doctors are more qualified for the position considering the amount of time they spend on their course of study. This didn't go down well with the nurses who feel that such plan would only subjugate nurses to the background. The nurses were of the oppion that the office of the Surgeon General should be left wide open for whoever will be qualified to occupy, be it Nurse or a Doctor. They cite an example with the United States were the current Surgeon General is a Nurse.

The current surgeon general of the United states is not a nurse and has never been a nurse. double check your facts. the surgeon general of the US army is a nurse.
Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by Tobbie9(m): 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
armadeo: If this is true The affected hospitals will be teaching hospitals and federal medical centers for now. They would revert to general hospital status. What would inadvertently follow is the loss of medical schools accreditation.

Some drs will take up positions as locum in the federal hospitals which would buffer on a general note

The states would follow suit and employ locum drs.

Analytically this isn't the end point. Its the first step in the privatisation of the health care system.

I find it interesting and would like to see how it plays out.

so all federal med schools will lose accreditation, na wa o

1 Like

Re: Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors by 2sa2: 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
warrior01:
Trust me. Our able agbo sellers are better than most "Nigerian doctors". Have you been to any Nigerian teaching hospital before? God have mercy on those things you call doctors
you are talking nonsense

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Jigawa University Student Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Cheated On Him / Doctor Poses With Nurse Who Conducted His Delivery & Now Works In His Hospital / Covid-19: Woman Covers Her Head With Empty Container To Stay Safe (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.