Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? (26663 Views)

Culture Shock. Caption This Photo. / Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? / Have You Ever Experienced Tyre Burst When Carrying Mortar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
Lol... this is a lie... right?.. which state abeg?
ogashman: In d state wher i com frm,if elders fart(d type dat comes wit a bang) gringringrin....d younger ones around thank dem.

Dis really shocked me!!

Re: Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? by ogashman(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Lol... this is a lie... right?.. which state abeg?

a state in southern nigeriagrin
am serious!it happens.
ppl frm there should corroborate dat.
Re: Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? by GatJokez(f): 8:52am On Aug 22, 2014
Beesluv:

U wash d bombom with left hand and eat with right hand

So you don't wash your left hand? undecided LOL grin
Re: Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? by Beesluv: 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
GatJokez:

So you don't wash your left hand? undecided LOL grin

What's he saying? angry
Don't worry, I've noticed you tongue

1 Like

Re: Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? by onila(f): 5:49am On Oct 27, 2014
matsilver:
Mine was my first visit 2 abuja, dat was in d year 2014. I was insde d room truout d first day, d second day i decide 2 cum out n feel d beautiful city n d colourful street wit full of design flowers. As i opned d gate.behold, i saw an old woman in her late 70's, carring a heavy load on her back sholder instead of her head.. @ first i tought it's d load dat disbalance her, i rushd 2 helpd her, d next tin i hear was "haya haya"means, commot 4rm road. I was so shock..
grin grin
Re: Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? by NewDelhi(m): 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
emenik08:
1st shock:
Back in secondary skul, i waz a boarder so one day a female copper invitd my friend n I for lunch and guess wat!! She servd us garri n stew. To say we were shockd is an undastatement, cos our puzzld look told her dat somtin waz wrong. Wen she askd us we told her we dnt no hw to eat garri n stew. The rest na history

In d university my roomate dat grew up in d west always overcook beans until its nearly water n den he will mix wit dry garri and eat. That kind food nawaooo

A next door neighbour in skul dat is from benue came back one dat wit dried frog n co. n used it to cook yam porridge. Since dat day, nobdy in dat room near dat guy pot. Even d cup n plate he used to drink water after eatin d food became a no go area (untouchable).

One day i saw a female yoruba corper mashing beans wit broomstick. Mehn i nearly vomit n wen she invitd me to taste n food, i turnd okagbare.
That frog part tho grin. There are actually alot of tribes in Nigeria who eat frogs .. dried one grin. Irritating. I can only imagine the texture would be like rubber.
Re: Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 24, 2021
aminho:
* The one I experienced today as I travelled from East to North, we got to outskirt of Kaduna, I saw one guy bend down, I was wondering what he was doing , I felt he was defecating, but I was wrong, he was urinating bending down like women. I saw another boy do same. I called my would be host to narrate what I saw and I was told it's their way. I have never seen such before. It was a culture shock to me.

the guy bending down It has to do with *CLEANLINESS* and exposing *'unclothedness* (which for a man is considered anything from the belly-button down to the knees)

Urine is impure..it is dirty..it nullifies ablution..and even if a drop of it gets on our clothes..we need to change them..or wash them..otherwise we cannot pray in them..or perform acts of worship such as read Qura'an..also..exposing the 'awrah is considered a sin in Islam..and the way some urinate exposes their 'awrah...I do not need to go into much detail..but I am sure you know what I mean..

Despite the attempt of Islam to instill cleanliness in them, majority of them still stink. I nearly passed out today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Four Oduduwa Monuments In Different Cities / Some Common Misconceptions Nigerians Have About Other Nigerians. / Herbs And Spiritual ( Solutions To Life Issues) Youtube Spirituality Teaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.