Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,005 members, 7,953,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:59 AM

Akudaya:myth Or Reality? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akudaya:myth Or Reality? (67533 Views)

Is Money Ritual A Myth Or True? / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
gbadexy:
@empiree
I can just recollect something from the conversation I had with the elder (agba) then.
The man said there are the white, red and black witches that God gave powers.
The white has the powers of the 3 because God tested them and only the white said he would help with his powers. That the red witch which is the most notorious likes blood and sometimes when it needs blood, they just throw cars away on highway and when the corpse are observed, little blood is seen at the accident site.
This reminds me of the part you said the alfa kills big rams so that his blood and that of his daughter won't dry.
The man believes there are angels which the white witches take prayers to, their are jinns (Aje), man and deities.
But now I know there are only angels, jinns and man. The rawaniya you did mention is most likely the red jinns with the need to appease with blood and not the Yasin that's drying blood. If it were to be Yasin that dries blood, I would be wary and re evaluate my relationship with the faith.
As it is, venturing into such spiritual avenue is very dangerous. I don't need to mention its haram. Its the red jinns that are actually responsible for helping with money and you still wonder how he doesn't go out to work and yet married many wives with large family.
The man I was opportuned to interact with was my good friend's uncle and is late now but I did enjoy interactions with him because he was also an architect if memory serves me well and had a liberal and informed view but even he too admitted that dealing with those jinns is dicey because they are double edged swords that can swing both ways.
I will pass on any of those things with benefit of hindsight.
honestly, it's diff from things you said up there and i really have no time arguing over this. it's a long head discussion before. I talked a little further here. https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories/4 . This is not jinn or Aje. Slaughtering ram is merely sacrifice for expiation of sin has nothing to do with Aje. The sacrifice is like eran ileya. That's sacrifice, too. Sacrificial animal is to Allah not jinn, human, rawaniyah or anything else, you name it. Here we talking about penetrating Quran.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by bamidbamid: 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
Empiree:
It's funny how Christians, Pagans and Atheists [b][/b]would damn Islam and Muslims, yet many of your (you folks) topics and posts always have to do with Islam or Muslims. You guys are so obsessed with Islam. That's not by accident though. It's sign of Islam claim to truth. Which religion do you subscribe to?
wonder why at dis present age u (empiree) wld still be dis sentimental about religion..@bolded above, simply implies day u categorise d three as one... The world wldnt av bin a better place if generations past were beclouded with such religious supremacy and fanaticism u expressed..
i did enjoy ur first post even though I was very familiar with d akudaya and d quranic jhin concept... now pls note dat d bible also explained dat concept, d bible called them familiar spirits (e.g d king Saul's issue of consulting the dead prophet samuel's spirit for advice).. the bible tagged such spirits as familiar spirits. ..
lastly, mr empiree pls dont ever compare Christianity(bible) with Islam(Quran) cos the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and the Qur'an came more than a hundred years after christainity... so which account would u expect to be more explanatory ?. To me d Quran (which I am very knowledgeable about), is just a reviewed version of d bible...
ALSO for the sake of our dear country, africa, the whole world and d entire human race,PLEASE LETS BE MORE SCIENTIFIC IN OUR REASONINGS BUT IN CASE WE HAVE TO BRING IN RELIGION PROBABLY FOR THE SAKE OF CLARITY , THEN LETS BE VERY DIPLOMATIC, AVOIDING RELIGIOUS SUPREMACISM .
THANK YOU

2 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by nutarious(f): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
rhymz:
bullshyte...... The Bible is not any different from the Koran....... There is nothing inerrant about it, it is full of inconsistencies and concocted gnostic religious practices indulged by the people of the era....... Paul knew too well to smuggle it into new testament and caused more confusion as to who is the founder of today's Christianity, Jesus Christ or Paul that hinges faith in God as opposed to good works as a way to Heaven and righteousness. Christianity is full of plagiarism and so should not even accuse later religions of copying when the Bible is rife with early gnostic and hellenistic religious litany and literature, not to talk of the stolen Jewish concept of a messiah. Abeg relax jor, no religion in this world is fool-proof to withstand serious intellectual scrutiny and don't be talking about reading the Bible with spiritual eyes, you and I know that is a Christian mumbo-jumbo way of saying leave the facts and just believe the incredibly dumb lies.

Lol, you think you are a student of Reason? I was brought up as a Christian, but that's not who a xtian is. A xtian is like a follower, how then can one just follow like a sheep, so I support anybody that follows that path, it give one the opportunity to fact.
1- my first problem started from spiritual entitled like witchcraft, and demons, a devoted atheist was I but I found no explanation for demons etc cos I was under serious attack.
2.-In Ogbomosho Oyo state, there are elders that can truely call dead people and those that wanna comm wt them will do so, then I was a Ladokite. I deny the existance of God, yet spiritual power less are showing me evidence.
3-i want to test all this, so I went somewhere where I confirm to live charms like disappearance, immunity against Gunshot and blades etc. Now I had a problem, thou I deny the Bible and quran, I can't deny what I saw with my Eyes. (if u don't believe God u will end up beleiving in things lesser than God) .
4-so I decide not to beleive but to Investigate. I first started wt quaran, my first problem with it was it started and relied on evidencies from a singleman, he alone bear evidence to have seen angel that brought the message, well since I was Investigating I was less concern. Lastly, before he died he said he wasn't sure where he is going, it really got me thinking that I can't relly on him.
5- Bible , no book is devoid of some form of constructive critisic. But it's started from a beginig and end into a future which was arranged by someone who must have lived for over a thousand Year. Mr a begat Mr B........ Chronology.
6-here I found a book that explains a lot like the question the op asked, the oldest holy book, jesus died over 400years b4 mohamed was born yet, there Is over 1000 years btw Genesis nd mathew. In the Bible are lots of secret, but it will amaze u that God doesn't want us to take consciousness of all this demons.
7-i started asking for guidiance and I came to a point where I was able to connect all loop holes. Ask for revelation in unbeleif and u will be connected.

Lastly, you don't beleive in God but u are conscious of idols and demons and can't deny them of existance. Then u are no atheist but a Wanna beleive.

2 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by kunlemessi: 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
I once read a scientific article that states that 'on the average, at least 14 people around the world look just like you and you'll meet 3 of them before you die'
not the real quotes but something along that line. [b]I once read a scientific article that states that 'on the average, at least 14 people around the world look just like you and you'll meet 3 of them before you die'
not the real quotes but something along that line. [/b]I once read a scientific article that states that 'on the average, at least 14 people around the world look just like you and you'll meet 3 of them before you die'
not the real quotes but something along that line.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gbadexy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
kunlemessi:
I once read a scientific article that states that 'on the average, at least 14 people around the world look just like you and you'll meet 3 of them before you die'
not the real quotes but something along that line. [b]I once read a scientific article that states that 'on the average, at least 14 people around the world look just like you and you'll meet 3 of them before you die'
not the real quotes but something along that line. [/b]I once read a scientific article that states that 'on the average, at least 14 people around the world look just like you and you'll meet 3 of them before you die'
not the real quotes but something along that line.
I agree with you on this. When I was at lasu in ojo, two different people approached me at different times to know if I was a certain senior of theirs that attended command, ojo. The name of their senior has ade in it too.
Some years after in my area in surulere, some elderly couple were discussing and gesticulating towards me, on getting nearer, I heard the man insisted its him while the wife said it wasn't. The were on the other side of the road on around my street. So when I was closer enough, the man called me something ade, maybe sijuade but ade was in the name so I just looked them blankly and walked on.
The wife then said I thought I told you he wasn't the one.
I would have loved to meet the other guy that went to command though.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by rhymz(m): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
nutarious:

Lol, you think you are a student of Reason? I was brought up as a Christian, but that's not who a xtian is. A xtian is like a follower, how then can one just follow like a sheep, so I support anybody that follows that path, it give one the opportunity to fact.
1- my first problem started from spiritual entitled like witchcraft, and demons, a devoted atheist was I but I found no explanation for demons etc cos I was under serious attack.
2.-In Ogbomosho Oyo state, there are elders that can truely call dead people and those that wanna comm wt them will do so, then I was a Ladokite. I deny the existance of God, yet spiritual power less are showing me evidence.
3-i want to test all this, so I went somewhere where I confirm to live charms like disappearance, immunity against Gunshot and blades etc. Now I had a problem, thou I deny the Bible and quran, I can't deny what I saw with my Eyes. (if u don't believe God u will end up beleiving in things lesser than God) .
4-so I decide not to beleive but to Investigate. I first started wt quaran, my first problem with it was it started and relied on evidencies from a singleman, he alone bear evidence to have seen angel that brought the message, well since I was Investigating I was less concern. Lastly, before he died he said he wasn't sure where he is going, it really got me thinking that I can't relly on him.
5- Bible , no book is devoid of some form of constructive critisic. But it's started from a beginig and end into a future which was arranged by someone who must have lived for over a thousand Year. Mr a begat Mr B........ Chronology.
6-here I found a book that explains a lot like the question the op asked, the oldest holy book, jesus died over 400years b4 mohamed was born yet, there Is over 1000 years btw Genesis nd mathew. In the Bible are lots of secret, but it will amaze u that God doesn't want us to take consciousness of all this demons.
7-i started asking for guidiance and I came to a point where I was able to connect all loop holes. Ask for revelation in unbeleif and u will be connected.

Lastly, you don't beleive in God but u are conscious of idols and demons and can't deny them of existance. Then u are no atheist but a Wanna beleive.

the difference between you and I is the fact that I do not attribute inexplicable phenomenon to some sky daddy hanging up no where. Sure there is a supernatural force that governs this universe, what I will continue to disagree is the fact that it an entity represented by religious interpretation, I will rather go with the results and some of the logical explanations of science than the personal religious claims of the founders of any religion.

The fact that these many religions have different interpretations,conflicting reports of the divine revelations and most times, outright denial of each other's competing God's is all testament to the fact that God is actually a man's creation and not the phenomenal force that science logically describes as to our existence. Tryst me lady, I am not confused in my convictions, I do not need to have experience outside of the human realm or what is humanly perceptible to hold my beliefs.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Jamo90: 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
@ empiree, I sent you an email. Please reply...
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
davidflipcy:
am in Akure. Can you give the description of the place? I wanna see for myself
make any root possible to owe akala junction in Akure,ask people around that know that place very well,it is a bungalow painted in yellow but d yellow almost faded,it is in the very junction,a transformer is in d front of d house.formerly d building was use for bar to church now a canteen. u cant miss it.owe akala junction gangan.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
okay, many sent me email from this thread. just trying to sort out each. urs is talk2olu right?
Jamo90:
@ empiree, I sent you an email. Please reply...
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by davidflipcy(m): 8:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
dancok:
make any root possible to owe akala junction in Akure,ask people around that know that place very well,it is a bungalow painted in yellow but d yellow almost faded,it is in the very junction,a transformer is in d front of d house.formerly d building was use for bar to church now a canteen. u cant miss it.owe akala junction gangan.
I will check during the weekend
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
davidflipcy:
I will check during the weekend
ok
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
abdulwastecx:

I had read into history and I have been able to come up with the follwing:

36:38 “And the sun runs his course for a period
determined for him: that is the decree of (Him),
the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing. 36:39 And
the Moon, — We have measured for her mansions
(to traverse) till she returns like the old (and
withered) lower part of a date-stalk. 36:40 It is
not permitted to the Sun to catch up the
Moon , nor can the Night outstrip the Day; each
(just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to
Law).”

What? “It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up
the Moon?” The above verse is either ridiculous or
wrong, depending on whether we try to understand it from the modern perspective or from the Bedouins’ ( arabs) perspective, respectively.

Here is why:
From the modern perspective, to say that
the Sun tries to catch up the Moon (but is
not permitted to do so) is laughably naïve.
The Moon’s orbit around the Earth has no
overlap with the Sun’s location in space,
since the Moon orbits the Earth once in
around 27.3 days (the “sidereal month”),
and the system Earth–Moon orbits the Sun
once per year (see diagram).
The orbit of the Moon (gray) around the
Earth’s orbit (blue circle) and around the
Sun (red, center).
Note: not drawn to scale, and also the Moon
completes approximately 13 turns in a year,
not exactly 13.
Observation from this diagram: to say that
the Sun, in reality, “tries to catch up the
Moon”, makes no sense at all.
So, because according to what we know today it is
just plain stupid to say that the Sun tries to
catch up the Moon, there is only one possibility:

that verse 36:40 was said that way for the
Bedouins to make some sense of it. But in that
case,... it’s wrong again!
From the Bedouin’s perspective, seeing the
Sun and Moon cruising on the (nonexistent)
dome of the “heaven” (the sky), it made
some sense to think that the Sun might try
to catch up the Moon, and is not permitted
by Allah. But that idea is wrong, too,
because that’s exactly what happens during
a solar eclipse: the Sun catches up the Moon!
Oh, no! The Sun caught up the Moon! (Or the
Moon caught up the Sun, depending on your
perspective.)
It happens every once in a while, contrary to
what Allah (or was it Muhammad?) boasted
about in verse 36:40 , and it’s called a solar
eclipse !
Now, part of our data is that ancient peoples did
not understand what happens during a solar
eclipse. They thought that the Sun simply darkens,
and they panicked. The ancient Greek historian
Herodotus describes how two ancient armies, the
Lydians and the Medians, stopped fighting and
agreed to make peace, terrified during a solar
eclipse that took place while they were engaged in
battle (Herodotus: Histories, Book 1, §74). Ancient
people could not understand that the dark region
of the Sun during an eclipse is the Moon, which the
Sun “catches up” and overtakes from the viewpoint
of the observer on the Earth, contrary to the
claim of verse 36:40 .

so you think such book should be trusted with my life
Narrated Abu Bakra: We were with Allah's Apostle when the sun eclipsed. Allah's Apostle stood up dragging his cloak till he entered the Mosque. He led us in a two-Rakat prayer till the sun (eclipse) had cleared. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of someone's death. So whenever you see these eclipses pray and invoke (Allah) till the eclipse is over."

Narrated Abu Masud: The Prophet said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death of someone from the people but they are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. When you see them stand up and pray."
So chairman the prophet knows about eclipse and has explained it that it's one of the natural occurrence. And the explanation of that Quranic verse is that the sun and the moon have a different orbit, that is they move independently that is they can not catch up anfd collide with each other
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by abdulwastecx(m): 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
muib:

Narrated Abu Bakra: We were with Allah's Apostle when the sun eclipsed. Allah's Apostle stood up dragging his cloak till he entered the Mosque. He led us in a two-Rakat prayer till the sun (eclipse) had cleared. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of someone's death. So whenever you see these eclipses pray and invoke (Allah) till the eclipse is over."

Narrated Abu Masud:
The Prophet said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death of someone from the people but they are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. When you see them stand up and pray."
So chairman the prophet knows about eclipse and has explained it that it's one of the natural occurrence. And the explanation of that Quranic verse is that the sun and the moon have a different orbit, that is they move independently that is they can not catch up anfd collide with each other

this is the hadith you are trying to twist to support your position:

Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 18,
Number 167
:
Narrated Abu Musa:
The sun eclipsed and the Prophet got up,
being afraid that it might be the Hour (i.e.
Day of Judgment). He went to the Mosque
and offered the prayer with the longest
Qiyam, bowing and in prostration that I had
never seen him doing. Then he said, “These
signs which Allah sends do not occur because
of the life or death of somebody, but Allah
makes His worshipers afraid by them. So
when you see anything thereof, proceed to
remember Allah, invoke Him and ask for His
forgiveness.”

What we see is that, terrified and clueless as he was, Muhammad could not understand that during an eclipse the two heavenly bodies, Sun and Moon, catch up each other on the sky, from the Earth- bound observer’s viewpoint. He recorded his ignorance in the Qur’an.

And I want to ask you: if Muhammad was wise,and guided by Allah, why was he terrified like a
schoolboy who thought that he saw a ghost?

Today, are you terrified during a solar eclipse,
knowing that it is just the natural phenomenon of the Sun going right behind the Moon? What’s so scary about that? You are not scared because you know what is going on. But if Muhammad was terrified, it was because he didn’t know . But how could your prophet not know, if he was a real prophet of Allah’s? How could he say that an eclipse is a sign that Allah sends, when we know exactly when an eclipse will happen, just as we know exactly when it will be Friday? Would you ever say that “Allah send Mondays as signs”? No, it sounds stupid, because we know exactly when it
will be Monday. Similarly, to say that “Allah sends eclipses as signs” is equally stupid, because we know exactly when there will be an eclipse.
A “sign” is something that cannot be predicted by science or any person.
But science predicts eclipseswith absolute precision. How could your prophet sound so ignorant, so unguided by Allah?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Number 167
:
Narrated Abu Musa:
forgiveness.”

What we see is that, terrified and clueless as he was, Muhammad could not understand that during an eclipse the two heavenly bodies, Sun and Moon, catch up each other on the sky, from the Earth- bound observer’s viewpoint. He recorded his ignorance in the Qur’an.

And I want to ask you: if Muhammad was wise,and guided by Allah, why was he terrified like a

knowing that it is just the natural phenomenon of the Sun going right behind the Moon? What’s so scary about that? You are not scared because you know what is going on. But if Muhammad was terrified, it was because he didn’t know . But how could your prophet not know, if he was a real prophet of Allah’s? How could he say that an eclipse is a sign that Allah sends, when we know exactly when an eclipse will happen, just as we know exactly when it will be Friday? Would you ever say that “Allah send Mondays as signs”? No, it sounds stupid, because we know exactly when it
will be Monday. Similarly, to say that “Allah sends eclipses as signs” is equally stupid, because we know exactly when there will be an eclipse.
But science predicts eclipseswith absolute precision. How could your prophet sound so ignorant, so unguided by Allah?
there is no twisting anywhere. first i disagree with your defination of sign. according to wikipedia, A sign is an object, quality, event, or entity whose presence or occurrence indicates the probable presence or occurrence of something else. you could see solar eclipse is an event!. Even in islam day and night are signs yet they occur more often than eclipse and are not even scary at all. Are you trying to tell me there is no danger in solar eclipse? there is one i know of which is when you look directly to the sky with your naked eye during an eclipse , you endanger yourself..so am afraid of looking directly at the eclipse to answer your your question concerning to me.
And ofcos the quran is trying to let people know that the sun and the moon can never catch up but if you are looking at it from the earth, you would think they caught up and it seems they caught up but no! they just pass by each other side
catch up:To capture or seize, especially after a chase.
To overtake
none of the definitions of *catch up* occured during an eclipse so they didnt catch up..its crystal clear in islam
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by San2ski(m): 11:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
Empiree:

It's funny how Christians, Pagans and Atheists would damn Islam and Muslims, yet many of your (you folks) topics and posts always have to do with Islam or Muslims. You guys are so obsessed with Islam. That's not by accident though. It's sign of Islam claim to truth. Which religion do you subscribe to?

Na so
E don dey start.
Religious superiority.
Abeg commot for road jhoor make I read comments
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 12:24am On Nov 18, 2014
Easy bro grin, no offence intended. Perhaps, you should have read the whole thing in context of other comments. Enjoy! Life is fun and rosy, yet wicked. Take nothing serious on internet. Just read the thread and enjoy. Cheers! grin
San2ski:

Na so
E don dey start.
Religious superiority.
Abeg commot for road jhoor make I read comments
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Shankboye(m): 1:39am On Nov 18, 2014
macof:

Ilorin is a slave camp, a place for cursed bastards and confused people

When I talk Yoruba, a mean pure Yoruba devoid Islamic nonsense
I don forget say u be Igbo!
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Jamo90: 9:06am On Nov 18, 2014
Empiree:
okay, many sent me email from this thread. just trying to sort out each. urs is talk2olu right?

No, mine is adebiyi4real. Thanks
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Jarus(m): 9:20am On Nov 18, 2014
Empiree:
Akudaya: Myth or Reality?

What is Akudaya?
It simply means incarnation or reincarnation.

Myth or Reality?
Both

Explain please:
It is a myth because when a person dies he(or she) does not come back to life(world). He(or she) can no longer be seen.
How then is it real. But we hear stories about them. So?. Jinn(Alujonu) at work. They take form of dead people. They could take form of your grandfather that died longtime ago and people who know your grandfather will confirm seeing him. In short, the reality is 'he' is seen. The myth is the person seen is not your real grandfather. You can get deep sense of this in Islam. When someone dies, that's it. The person is dead for real whether natural death or murdered.
Jinns reside in dirty, filthy places, like bathroom, filthy uncompleted building. That's why it's advisable to wear clothe to cover private part when taking shower. Cover yourself with blanket (etc) during intercourse. Don't be scared now. They don't necessarily reside in all dirty bathrooms or places. Jinns are endowed with supernatural perception. They lodge where they can see human but human beings can not see them. They can see you taking shower, having intercourse etc. Most of them are liars. Never take their words seriously. In a nutshell, if you see "Akudaya", a relative, he or she is not your relative so long as the person is dead. Hope this answer your question. See if you can find useful info in this link.
https://www.nairaland.com/209195/islam-exorcism

This is my understanding too, as a Muslim.

A dead person cannot wake up again (until day of resurrection). That is the position of Islam.

However, there is another creature called Jinn. They are invisible to us but can take human form and appear as human.

There is a Jinn called qareen. Every human has a qareen attached to him/her. Of course, someone that lives with you knows your conversations - name of your mother, father, grandfather, children etc since they live with you all one's life.

The babalawo and alfas and pastors that tell you the name of your father or mother (without you ever meeting them) has only consulted your qareen that lives with you.

Jinn normally lives longer than human. So when a man dies, some mischievous qareens take over the shape of their late host and appear to others as human. That is the concept of akudaya.

That is our understanding in Islam. Backed by Qur'an and hadiths.

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by jojotemitopaz(m): 9:39am On Nov 18, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Number 167
:
Narrated Abu Musa:
forgiveness.”

the sun and the moon catching up in the holy Quran has nothing to do with you over long unrelated explanation....thats an explanation of day and night and time differences...day and night lengths are responsible for a whole lot of hemoestatic balances, biological clocks and a host of other scientific backgrounds...when esclipse happens it has nothing to do with catching up...its simply Aligning of the heavenly bodies...1234567890 are called arabic numerals...why is that so? Months were counted to 10 but from this info from the Quran...it was deduced that there should be 12...eg october, oct 8 but is the 10th month.november, nova which means 9 is the 11th month and december, deca which means10 is the 12th month...Algebra and algorith, morden day clocks etc all had it foundation from what u in ur littlethinking see as wrong or faulty were as its wat gave birth to modern day science when the world was in confusion. Before u make assupmtions like this pls again read vast an not just wat someone wrote to confuse u. Unlike ur thinking as its made to be believed by todays world that islam was spread by the sword...it spread through science...islam8c scientist, surgeons, mathmatetians. ..etc they solved ppl problem...they had strong architects, engineers...go round the world where islam once dominated...see for ur self...read on how islam was in spain and how it was overthown...maybe ud see who really used the sword in spreading their gospel

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 9:42am On Nov 18, 2014
Jarus:

This is my understanding too, as a Muslim.

A dead person cannot wake up again (until day of resurrection). That is the position of Islam.

However, there is another creature called Jinn. They are invisible to us but can take human form and appear as human.

There is a Jinn called qareen. Every human has a qareen attached to him/her. Of course, someone that lives with you knows your conversations - name of your mother, father, grandfather, children etc since they live with you all one's life.

The babalawo and alfas and pastors that tell you the name of your father or mother (without you ever meeting them) has only consulted your qareen that lives with you.

Jinn normally lives longer than human. So when a man dies, some mischievous qareens take over the shape of their late host and appear to others as human. That is the concept of akudaya.

That is our understanding in Islam. Backed by Qur'an and hadiths.
Well articulated. Abeg make una tell those fellas who think their dead relatives living luxury in la la land
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Ojisik(m): 11:08am On Nov 18, 2014
But wait,I have a question. "Why should a jinn or alujonu take the form of a person and go on living the person's life instead of wrecking havoc (isn't that what demons do?) everywhere? Or why don't they fulfill some desires which they may have had but couldn't perform because of their spirit form,e.g.: sex with the opposite gender or something?

Why do they always live the lives that the previous owner of the body was living?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by mrlaw93(m): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2014
Ojisik:
But wait,I have a question. "Why should a jinn or alujonu take the form of a person and go on living the person's life instead of wrecking havoc (isn't that what demons do?) everywhere? Or why don't they fulfill some desires which they may have had but couldn't perform because of their spirit form,e.g.: sex with the opposite gender or something?

Why do they always live the lives that the previous owner of the body was living?
Boy! You have a questn, u asked nd u answered it.They lived the live of the previous owner cos of their long due desires..
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by macof(m): 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Shankboye:
I don forget say u be Igbo!

Actually I am proudly Yoruba
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by macof(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Horllamideh:
Alamu gidi ni eh,if spirits don't exists in yoruba....What are d explanations for Egbere,Emere,Iwin and dia kind??,are they also derived arabically??

Pls we talking about "alujonu" or wats the name again

Is Alujonu the same as Iwin, Egbere or Emere??
Take in mind that you need to provide us with their characteristics to prove ur point
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by macof(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
gbadexy:

They actually exist outside Islam. This further gives credence to the religion for me.
I've been opportuned to interact with an elder some years back and what is called Aje in yoruba is the one who possess these jins that carry out their wish.
There are three types and the white ones which are the good types are the ones ifa worshippers use for divination including most of these white garment churches and alfas that do so.
Wait! I want to understand u properly
Do u mean Aje,the child of olokun or Aje the spirit of the Iyaami?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by macof(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
amiskurie:

Just shut up and read if you dont know poo.atleast your assertion are baseless.
He backed his with thousands yrs old Quran verses.
And wat is the Quran supposed to prove?
My assertions are baseless? U fool...ur Quran is baseless

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by macof(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
Shankboye:
really? lipsrsealed
yes.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by macof(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
sleemoon:

For wiki
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn
U still never believe? Den watch dis video on YouTube... Pls mk sure you don't watch it alone and not in the night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6nWmvwS8XI

Your video was useless.

I repeat there's no alujonu in Yoruba culture, only Arab slaves know of any alujonu
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gbadexy(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
macof:

Pls we talking about "alujonu" or wats the name again

Is Alujonu the same as Iwin, Egbere or Emere??
Take in mind that you need to provide us with their characteristics to prove ur point

I would like for those to be explained too. I know emere's are people possessed by jinns, mostly the red mischievous ones. They somehow co habit the hosts body.
I doubt if there is truly iwin and ebgere lol! But if they exist, they should be variants of jinns.
Empiree any explanation about emeres?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gbadexy(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
macof:

Wait! I want to understand u properly
Do u mean Aje,the child of olokun or Aje the spirit of the Iyaami?
Winsh. Aje is actually jinns. Its the source of powers of witches and spiritualists.
The elder (agba) I interacted with was literally also elderly and was titled. he was also learned. I doubt if any of you online could have a fraction of the knowledge he had of ibile.
The white ajes or jinns actually do go to heaven to liase with angels and take prayers to them to. I actually really did found the whole thing fascinating before but my problem with traditional worship is that they don't worship the creator but praise deities.
Just know that the forces that operate in this world are mostly jinns. They however have various level of powers. They have male or females too; like the ako and abo ifa. Ifa is basically white jinns.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by macof(m): 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
gbadexy:

Winsh. Aje is actually jinns. Its the source of powers of witches and spiritualists.
The elder (agba) I interacted with was literally also elderly and was titled. he was also learned. I doubt if any of you online could have a fraction of the knowledge he had of ibile.
The white ajes or jinns actually do go to heaven to liase with angels and take prayers to them to. I actually really did found the whole thing fascinating before but my problem with traditional worship is that they don't worship the creator but praise deities.
Just know that the forces that operate in this world are mostly jinns. They however have various level of powers. They have male or females too; like the ako and abo ifa. Ifa is basically white jinns.
Good finally a reasonable person answers me
U nt exactly correct tho
Aje are spirits that can be manipulated by anyone through ordinary prayer
Witches themselves are possessed with Aje of the black energy (black doesn't mean evil) but I don't see any similarity with ur Arabic Jinns

Your know nothing of Yoruba traditions and spirituality. We honor the creator which we call Olodumare, Olodumare is made manifest through these deities, you can't get all of Olodumare in one place, it's only in bits, this bits are the Irunmole (sometimes mythically as Orisha), wat do u think the white Aje represent? It represents Obatala or is it Ori? Sorry am nt sure
But my point is Obatala created humans and Ori holds human(actually all things nt jst humans) destiny and spiritual prowess
I have seen places where Obatala is referred as the owner of human Ori until u get initiated into another cult
So am a little confused on the white aje, but am sure it's nt Ifa

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Before & After Transformation Photos Of Lizzy After Encounter With Pastor Rapu / Eternity Is Real! / Ugandan Bride Attacked By "Ghosts" On Her Wedding Day, Undresses Herself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.