Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? (2996 Views)

Having A Timetable For Sex Can Boost Your Relationship / Why Do Ladies Go With Tissue Paper If They Want To Piss? / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by priest2u(m): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
I know so many guys who went through university focusing on their education alone knowing fully well that when the graduate they can get any woman they want for marriage.However I've notice a disturbing trend among young ladies, they tend to involve in a relationship so early, even the cute one who don't really need to worry themselves about men. I mean you can easily get a man if wait till graduation or when you are ready to settle down but why involve in a relationship so early in your life when your education should be the main priority?
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by eleojo23: 4:45am On Aug 17, 2014
There is an erroneous thinking that the university is the best place to find a husband. It may have worked in the past but these days we have kids gaining admission into university. The guys are too young and may not even think about marriage for a very long time after graduation because they need to get a good job and all. So hooking up with these young boys with the hope that something will come out of the relationship is unrealistic unless the lady wants to have a long wait. I think it is a waste of precious time and energy unless both are mature and have high prospects of getting married. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by tpia1: 4:47am On Aug 17, 2014
yes.
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by tpia1: 4:49am On Aug 17, 2014
eleojo23: There is an erroneous thinking that the university is the best place to find a husband. It may have worked in the past but these days we have kids gaining admission into university. The guys are too young and may not even think about marriage for a very long time after graduation. So hooking up with these young boys with the hope that something will come out of the relationship is unrealistic unless the lady wants to have a long wait. I think it is a waste of precious time and energy unless both are mature and have high prospects of getting married. .

i think you mean getting a job after university may take time.

i doubt the average male in university these days is younger, because secondary school education is 6 years, add to that the long wait time which many experience before they get admission.

the reason why going steady in university might not be as feasible now is due to globalization in addition to the points i outlined.

besides, there are a lot of women who have graduated, are working and single.

They'll also be searching for husbands, so all these things will make university relationships more challenging.
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by SAMBARRY: 10:10am On Aug 17, 2014
Circumstances will not make such relationship work because after school nysc will separate them.the guy will have different friends, his views about life will change because life outside university is different from the one in university. Same thing applies to the lady. He will meet different girls because gis taste and exposure to more girls will change Sam with the girl

moreover the guys priority will differ from the girl.the girl might want to get married while the guy is more interested in getting a job so for this reason and many more their chances of getting married is slim
the lady will of course go ahead and marry whoever she wants or travel out. So all the love in tokyo they do in school is just puppy love. Except for a minute few
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2014
Yep!
Was a virgin till i graduated from the university then NYSC happened and ... Story for another day
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by beau49: 11:28am On Aug 17, 2014
Definately, cool if she sets her mind to it.
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by nurey(m): 11:31am On Aug 17, 2014
I know only one girl in my dept that I can proudly beat my chest and say she is a virgin and has no boy friend out of 40+ girls. I would have become her B.f but our religious view is different. But the girl is very young oo (23yrs) about to graduate.

Op in religious view (islam) boy/girl friend is not allow and frowned upon but due to the environment we found our selves in, if you don't have a boy friend, you finish school and NYSC at 26, you got a job and you are ok by 28 you still have to search and court the lady let's say 2yrs that's 30, so by 30 you get married, good for a guy but bad for a girl.

Look outside now, when you see a 16yrs old girl you will think she is 24 so by the time she is actually in her early teens you go think say she be mama.

Who will marry a girl that her beauty will fade in less than 5years. So they start dating early to have relationship experience and so wo ni pe ni ile ( they won't age single at home) lol
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by Annais(f): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
Yes, I did and it never bothered me because I wasn't looking and I felt that any guy I might fancy might not be in it for the long term.
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by Praisegirl(f): 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
Am close to entering my 3rd year in school,not dating anyone over there so its possible.

1 Like

Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by priest2u(m): 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
Praisegirl: Am close to entering my 3rd year in school,not dating anyone over there so its possible.
you are part of the very few, I think you made a wise choice. Absolutely nothing to gain just adding more troubles and baggage to your live.

2 Likes

Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by priest2u(m): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
Annais: Yes, I did and it never bothered me because I wasn't looking and I felt that any guy I might fancy might not be in it for the long term.
keep it up , at the right time the right man will show up and you will look back and be proud of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by Annais(f): 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
priest2u:
keep it up , at the right time the right man will show up and you will look back and be proud of yourself.
Thanks but that was when I was in school. Not that I am now having BFs all over o...lol.
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by priest2u(m): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
Annais:
Thanks but that was when I was in school. Not that I am now having BFs all over o...lol.
haha, but at least now you're dating with marriage in mind wink

1 Like

Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by Edykul(f): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
@ OP,yes it is very possible.I neva had a boyfriend till I graduated 4m university 2012.
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by Godmystrength: 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
priest2u: I know so many guys who went through university focusing on their education alone knowing fully well that when the graduate they can get any woman they want for marriage.However I've notice a disturbing trend among young ladies, they tend to involve in a relationship so early, even the cute one who don't really need to worry themselves about men. I mean you can easily get a man if wait till graduation or when you are ready to settle down but why involve in a relationship so early in your life when your education should be the main priority?
So who were the young ladies dating?
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by clans(f): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
yeah a girl can, i'm in my finals and never had a boy friend. i'm not saying i dont get the attention, just that i am focused on my education, after that any other thing can come in and its really going great for me

1 Like

Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Godmystrength: So who were the young ladies dating?
Ghosts!
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by Godmystrength: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
1stCitizen:
Ghosts!
probably the MALE ghosts i guess.
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by khurumqadeer: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
My answer is yest but such women are very less in numbers. Those women who are very serious in their study and career. They don't waste time in such activities. If you have bright future then you have a lot of choice and then select best partner for the rest of the life. I have read stories of those women at australianwritings.net which i felt very inspirational for other women.
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by eleojo23: 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
Lalasticlala, let's go back to 2014 again, shall we?
#FP
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by eleojo23: 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
Lalasticlala, let's go back to 2014 again, shall we?
#FP
Re: Can Women/ladies Go Through University Without Having A Bf ? by frozen70(f): 5:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Well put the blame on guys

Any lady you saw in the universty came to read

But you guys won't let them be with your sweet mouth

(1) (Reply)

11 Reasons Why Men Leave Their Marriages / How My Wife Joined Twitter Feminist Group Chat And She Became A Demon / How Can I Solve This Issue Without Causing Tension In My Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.