Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband (1396 Views)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies / Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Adelaide2: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
Abandoned by husband after first diagnosis of Ebola, Dr. Ada's antibodies offer hope to victims as Nano Silver is ruled out

The recovery of newly wed Dr. Ada, who was immediately abandoned by her husband when she became one of the first Nigerians to test positive to the virus after Sawyer’s death, now offers hope to other victims as the antibodies present in her blood system, which successfully fought off the Ebola virus, could now be used in the treatment of others.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-may-have-halted-ebolas-advance-as-doctor-is-discharged/186560/

So the husband of the first doctor (Dr. Ada) who treated the Liberian Ebola terrorist abandoned her when she became infected. Now she has recovered. Ekele diri Chukwu (thanks to God).

If you were Dr Ada, will you forgive Mr Ada for abandoning you?

Keep in mind that she was sick of Ebola virus and so had become infectious. The husband obviously feared being himself infected. Could he have been more subtle with his so-called abandonment?

Also, keep in mind they are Igbos and marriage among Igbos is typically for better for worse, until death. The woman was not dead yet.

Again, also keep in mind that the two American health workers who were sick, and therefore also infectious, had not been abandoned by their spouses. Their families have been in contact with them even from the confines of isolation.

What went wrong with the husband of Dr. Ada? Or is marriage in Nigeria (in this case, Igbos) no longer for better for worse?
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
So the husband forgot the marriage vows: "in sickness and in health, till death do us part"? ... grin grin
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Adelaide2: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
We should give credit to the Feds and to Lag Govt for their efforts in controlling the spread of this disease and in treating the infected.

We have a teachable moment in this whole thing: now is time to research on infectious communicable diseases, produce drugs (vaccines, curative or at the least respite-given drugs) for them and to be more ready to handle future outbreaks. We can do it. Enough of the disgraceful reliance on the West for everything
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
The Hubby was right to isolate her. Do you want him to contract EVD and die all becos of Marriage? Haba
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Adelaide2: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
barcanista: The Hubby was right to isolate her. Do you want him to contract EVD and die all becos of Marriage? Haba

With no contact even from a distance? Of course he should not be in close contact with her. But phone call and such things? Haba
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by EdCure: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
I can't blame him though. Ebola is highly contagious.

1 Like

Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
Adelaide2:

With no contact even from a distance? Of course he should not be in close contact with her. But phone call and such things? Haba
bros nobody wan die o
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Adelaide2: 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
barcanista: bros nobody wan die o

So now that she is recovered what do you think should happen?
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by emperorchedda(m): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
The FG should get some samples from her and study it. I believe she has an antibody which can fight the Ebola virus. Her immune system are among the last of a dying breed
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Beync(f): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
Adelaide2:

please how did you know there was no contact or even phone call? And yes the right thing to do is not to gum body with her becos he's her husband but to keep a distance and still maintain contact. Btw, what's with this your tribal tune? Igbo this, igbo that, diff people react to situation in diff ways, so stop amusing yourself with igbo marriage.

2 Likes

Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Adelaide2: 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Beync: please how did you know there was no contact or even phone call? And yes the right thing to do is not to gum body with her becos he's her husband but to keep a distance and still maintain contact. Btw, what's with this your tribal tune? Igbo this, igbo that, diff people react to situation in diff ways, so stop amusing yourself with igbo marriage.

The recovery of newly wed Dr. Ada, who was immediately abandoned by her husband when she became one of the first Nigerians to test

That is the news report available. If there was any contact even by phone, I guess it would be reported differently, no?
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Adelaide2: 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
If you were Dr Ada, will you forgive Mr Ada for abandoning you?

This is my own major concern in this. I want to learn from it
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Tallesty1(m): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
Tazmode: So the husband forgot the marriage vows: "in sickness and in health, till death do us part"? ... grin grin
The author of this quote did know/hear about Ebola.
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by RockMaxi: 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
emperorchedda: The FG should get some samples from her and study it. I believe she has an antibody which can fight the Ebola virus. Her immune system are among the last of a dying breed

You are right bro but only in a saner clime. Here it's unfortunate we are always interested in the quick-fix.
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Beync(f): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Adelaide2:

That is the news report available. If there was any contact even by phone, I guess it would be reported differently, no?
I don't believe every spiced news from journalists, Until the lady confirm so.
Re: The Case Of The Recovered Ebola Victim And Her Husband by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2014

(1) (Reply)

The Cure For Hepatitis B And C....(with Pic). / Typhoid Is Ruining Me I Need Help / My Balls Is Seriously Inching Me And It's Peeling Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.